A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Weapon Tags

Author Topic: Weapon Tags (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

AllatIfrit

Death in inexorable and cannot be denied...

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 09:13 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I pretty much made this account here just to ask this question! Iv'e messed around with the editing kit for some time now but whenever i try to use any new weapons i download like smg's or a carbine i can't for the life of me get them to work in game. I add the weapon to the globals file, place the item collection down in Sapien, compile the map and in game the weapon is there laying on the ground, but it can't be picked up? is there something more i need to do?
Edited by AllatIfrit on Jul 28, 2014 at 09:13 PM

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 11:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 03:56 PM

nihao123456ftw

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 11:32 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
labels are wrong.

1. open the .weapon tags
2. scroll about 1/3 down, look for the field labelled "label" under "$$$WEAPON$$$"
3. change it to something that your biped animation supports, e.g "ar". Note that this will have an effect on how masterchief will hold the weapon in third person, so labelling it "ar" will make masterchief hold it like an assault rifle in third person and labelling it "rl" would make it look like he's holding a rocket launcher

if those label values don't work, then you are using custom or corrupt masterchief biped animations. Or you have a different problem.

AllatIfrit

Death in inexorable and cannot be denied...

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 12:21 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Thank you both, everything works fine now:)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 20, 2020 1:20 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website