A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Casual Modders Look Here!

Author Topic: Casual Modders Look Here! (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BTone

Reality over fear.

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 10:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Hello Halomaps,

While I've been a very passive member of this community for the better part of 6 years, I've never released anything to the public. So for BTone's big Halomaps debut, I present to thee....

NOTHING

Sorry folks, no awesome tags that I've been brewing up and cultivating for the last 6 years. :P

That being said, I have developed quite the proficiency in a variety of skills relating to Scripting, AI Work, Mission Design, UI, Tagging, and other various Halo oddities. However, I have very little skill in the art of Modeling, Animating, and Texturing. Essentially, I'm no arteest.

I'll cut to the chase:
I'm looking for people to mod with. I have a handy skillset, but it's stupid to try to do everything. You'll never be able to do everything well. I'm not looking to create another modding team of any sorts, for living up to the moniker of CMT or Zteam would be virtually impossible, not to mention it's rather pass in this community. What I propose is the Casual Coalition of Custom Edition Content Creators, or CCCECC for short!

That was a joke.

But seriously, if you are at all interested in getting together and making some cool stuff, then by all means, please contact me! Feel free to post here, PM/EMail me, or contact me on Steam (lordofblake), xFire (lordofblake), or Skype (btone96).

Cheers, B-Tone
Edited by BTone on Aug 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Wolf_

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 06:02 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
I remember you, If you had an account under the name 'lord of blake' that is.
If you don't have anything to show for, don't expect the interest to be over the top. I, however am very interested in seeing what you can do, so maybe you could whip something small up. Like a tag?

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 09:44 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
I like this thread. I've got something big in the works. If you'd like to talk a bit more, hit me up on my Xfire, "bungiellc". I'm always skeptical of trying to find other people besides myself to work with, but from what I just read, you seem like a pretty alright guy.

BTone

Reality over fear.

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 11:01 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
I remember you, If you had an account under the name 'lord of blake' that is.
If you don't have anything to show for, don't expect the interest to be over the top. I, however am very interested in seeing what you can do, so maybe you could whip something small up. Like a tag?

I'm not trying to generate a huge amount of interest. I'm really just looking for some people that would like to have fun building some stuff together. That being said, I don't have many of my tags from the past, as there was a time when I didn't touch Halo for awhile and my Halo folder didn't survive. Never thought anything I made was TOO valuable as it was just modifications of stock assets.

Nevertheless, I would be happy to whip something up. Anything in mind?

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
I like this thread. I've got something big in the works. If you'd like to talk a bit more, hit me up on my Xfire, "bungiellc". I'm always skeptical of trying to find other people besides myself to work with, but from what I just read, you seem like a pretty alright guy.

Will do!

BTone

Reality over fear.

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 08:52 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mystryb0y
That actually sounds fantastic.
You should also talk to me or Sean on Skype, we'll need an SP scriptwriter for Vindication.
I'll contact you later today.

Sure, just let me know what you have in mind

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 10:15 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: BTone
You should also talk to me or Sean on Skype, we'll need an SP scriptwriter for Vindication.

What are you good at?

Modelling?

Scripting?

Animating?

Texturing?

UI'ing?

Laborious Guerilla and sapien'ing?

BTone

Reality over fear.

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 12:06 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker

What are you good at?

Modelling?

Scripting?

Animating?

Texturing?

UI'ing?

I guess objectively, my strong(est) suite is in scripting, and "laborious Guerilla and Sapien'ing". I'm also not awful at creating HUD components. I'm pretty familiar with most tags and their functions, so generally if I have an idea, I can make it happen... as long is it doesn't require modeling or animating or texturing it.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 01:22 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker

What are you good at?

Modelling?

Scripting?

Animating?

Texturing?

UI'ing?

I guess objectively, my strong(est) suite is in scripting, and "laborious Guerilla and Sapien'ing". I'm also not awful at creating HUD components. I'm pretty familiar with most tags and their functions, so generally if I have an idea, I can make it happen... as long is it doesn't require modeling or animating or texturing it.

Cool beans.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 6:33 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website