A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Video] 343i said to pc gamer "keep asking"

Author Topic: [Video] 343i said to pc gamer "keep asking" (32 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sshers4
Joined: Apr 28, 2013


Posted: Aug 4, 2014 04:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 32       
A PC gamer stood up to 343i and said if there is any plans for halo 3 PC or the master collection and 343 said "we don't have anything else to say right now but keep asking"

Here is the video and make sure skip to 50:27 that's where 343i talk about PC and the video has been released 30th of July 2014. Just few days ago.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUGrnvdo8Ok

And there is also second video of 343i said something about PC

http:// http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ADoSwRYjMs4

I want 343i simply just say yes or no so we can move on.

We
[COUGH] Microsoft also announced a halo themed mouse.



Source

http:// http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-30-halo-themed-pc-mouse-is-oddly-not-a-gaming-/1100-6421427/

But what is that mouse for! and why does it have halo 4 theme on a computer mouse? because obviously the mouse won't work with xbox one but why the hell they release halo theme mouse on PC? Is it for halo combat evolved PC and halo 2 visita? But those games are old and Microsoft knows that. Did 343 were nagging Microsoft about the PC gamers?

Is this a conspiracy?



Phil spenser is also a PC gamer he also tweeted that he is focusing on PC games but it won't be announced at E3. Probably Gamescon 12th August.

Here the source

http:// https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxP3/status/467896640355844097
Edited by sshers4 on Aug 4, 2014 at 05:00 PM


BlitzOfSBB
Joined: Sep 29, 2013


Posted: Aug 4, 2014 05:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 32       
This doesn't confirm or even hint at a MCC PC release. MCC won't come out on PC, I can almost guarantee you that.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com


Posted: Aug 4, 2014 05:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 32       
k


General_101
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

Apparently all I post is spam.


Posted: Aug 4, 2014 05:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 32       
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. At the end of the day the mouse is just merchandise and not exactly confirmation or even speculation of something PC related. If there are plans for a PC release it will probably be another disappointment like Halo: Spartan Assault. For the sake of hope and going against all reason that Halo is the only thing keeping the Xbox alive lets assume there is a game coming to PC. You would first have to get through the first hurdle of the game being made for PC. If it isn't we will just end up with a Halo 2 Vista that has disappointing video options (FOV slider plz.) and the lack of any real freedom. The next they would have to do is ensure that a proper HEK is made so users can make custom content to ensure the games longevity. Knowing Microsoft though I doubt this would be the case. Then of course it has to be a truly good game and stay true to what makes Halo a Halo game.

At the end of the day though all statements by 343i regarding PC are most likely statements made to keep the crowd at bay. It's much easier to say maybe than a solid no.


solitude
Joined: Sep 2, 2013

chfan


Posted: Aug 4, 2014 06:31 PM    Msg. 5 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. At the end of the day the mouse is just merchandise and not exactly confirmation or even speculation of something PC related. If there are plans for a PC release it will probably be another disappointment like Halo: Spartan Assault. For the sake of hope and going against all reason that Halo is the only thing keeping the Xbox alive lets assume there is a game coming to PC. You would first have to get through the first hurdle of the game being made for PC. If it isn't we will just end up with a Halo 2 Vista that has disappointing video options (FOV slider plz.) and the lack of any real freedom. The next they would have to do is ensure that a proper HEK is made so users can make custom content to ensure the games longevity. Knowing Microsoft though I doubt this would be the case. Then of course it has to be a truly good game and stay true to what makes Halo a Halo game.

At the end of the day though all statements by 343i regarding PC are most likely statements made to keep the crowd at bay. It's much easier to say maybe than a solid no.


You have to keep asking they said.


General_101
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

Apparently all I post is spam.


Posted: Aug 4, 2014 07:27 PM    Msg. 6 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: solitude
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. At the end of the day the mouse is just merchandise and not exactly confirmation or even speculation of something PC related. If there are plans for a PC release it will probably be another disappointment like Halo: Spartan Assault. For the sake of hope and going against all reason that Halo is the only thing keeping the Xbox alive lets assume there is a game coming to PC. You would first have to get through the first hurdle of the game being made for PC. If it isn't we will just end up with a Halo 2 Vista that has disappointing video options (FOV slider plz.) and the lack of any real freedom. The next they would have to do is ensure that a proper HEK is made so users can make custom content to ensure the games longevity. Knowing Microsoft though I doubt this would be the case. Then of course it has to be a truly good game and stay true to what makes Halo a Halo game.

At the end of the day though all statements by 343i regarding PC are most likely statements made to keep the crowd at bay. It's much easier to say maybe than a solid no.


You have to keep asking they said.

That doesn't mean they are going to make a PC version. It was just a statement made so that they don't have to say no.


greg079
Joined: Apr 1, 2013

channeling my inner april fool


Posted: Aug 4, 2014 10:07 PM    Msg. 7 of 32       
*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter

Edited by Dennis on Aug 4, 2014 at 11:41 PM


rcghalohell
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 12:13 AM    Msg. 8 of 32       
halo 3 or mc is hopeless for pc release, amazing how many excuses these guys come up with but there is one game I really wish was for pc, forza 3 or 4, or gears 2.... although for halo I would wish that odst or reach theirselves would have came
Edited by rcghalohell on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 12:44 AM    Msg. 9 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
Quote: --- Original message by: solitude
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. At the end of the day the mouse is just merchandise and not exactly confirmation or even speculation of something PC related. If there are plans for a PC release it will probably be another disappointment like Halo: Spartan Assault. For the sake of hope and going against all reason that Halo is the only thing keeping the Xbox alive lets assume there is a game coming to PC. You would first have to get through the first hurdle of the game being made for PC. If it isn't we will just end up with a Halo 2 Vista that has disappointing video options (FOV slider plz.) and the lack of any real freedom. The next they would have to do is ensure that a proper HEK is made so users can make custom content to ensure the games longevity. Knowing Microsoft though I doubt this would be the case. Then of course it has to be a truly good game and stay true to what makes Halo a Halo game.

At the end of the day though all statements by 343i regarding PC are most likely statements made to keep the crowd at bay. It's much easier to say maybe than a solid no.

You have to keep asking they said.

That doesn't mean they are going to make a PC version. It was just a statement made so that they don't have to say no.

And to keep interest.


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 12:53 AM    Msg. 10 of 32       
if they say "its not planned" its not planned, end of story, sorry to sound like an ass, but thats the reality, wait until they go to the "having talks about it" quote. then maybe it will happen.


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 01:44 AM    Msg. 11 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
if they say "its not planned" its not planned, end of story, sorry to sound like an ass, but thats the reality, wait until they go to the "having talks about it" quote. then maybe it will happen.

You obviously haven't met too many asses.
Or have I met too many?

'Keep asking' literally means what it is. They want the continued interest so people would support them and buy their stuff. Every time somebody asks they'll continually say no. (Not outright but hey, no results, no for an answer.) They're teasing.


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 01:52 AM    Msg. 12 of 32       
yeah, but its clear with SA printing money (well, not anymore, but when it came out) and other things it seems that 343 already knows they can do it and not be impacted badly. they keep saying its not planned, but they did the same with H2A, and eventually they started talking about it and look where we are now. Plus, its running on an x86 console. and H2 and probably H1 are using pc code (improved, obviously...) it would be a breeze, and i assume H3 And H4 are pretty much already optimized for the architecture too, so...
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Aug 5, 2014 at 01:54 AM


sshers4
Joined: Apr 28, 2013


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 06:53 AM    Msg. 13 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

yeah, but its clear with SA printing money (well, not anymore, but when it came out) and other things it seems that 343 already knows they can do it and not be impacted badly. they keep saying its not planned, but they did the same with H2A, and eventually they started talking about it and look where we are now. Plus, its running on an x86 console. and H2 and probably H1 are using pc code (improved, obviously...) it would be a breeze, and i assume H3 And H4 are pretty much already optimized for the architecture too, so...
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Aug 5, 2014 at 01:54 AM



It's true what you're saying about the architecture because I remember it took 2 years to port Halo combat evolved to PC.

I wonder how long this can port to PC if 343i did decided.


greg079
Joined: Apr 1, 2013

channeling my inner april fool


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 01:30 PM    Msg. 14 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
It's true what you're saying about the architecture because I remember it took 2 years to port Halo combat evolved to PC.

I wonder how long this can port to PC if 343i did decided.

actually it's pretty simple. plus you'd have to be retarded to convert every single build to run only on console, without having a backup, just to undo the whole process to continue the development.


solitude
Joined: Sep 2, 2013

chfan


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 02:09 PM    Msg. 15 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
It's true what you're saying about the architecture because I remember it took 2 years to port Halo combat evolved to PC.

I wonder how long this can port to PC if 343i did decided.

actually it's pretty simple. plus you'd have to be retarded to convert every single build to run only on console, without having a backup, just to undo the whole process to continue the development.



Seriously, Are you angry because you're mental?
Edited by solitude on Aug 5, 2014 at 02:10 PM


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 02:33 PM    Msg. 16 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: solitude

Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
It's true what you're saying about the architecture because I remember it took 2 years to port Halo combat evolved to PC.

I wonder how long this can port to PC if 343i did decided.

actually it's pretty simple. plus you'd have to be retarded to convert every single build to run only on console, without having a backup, just to undo the whole process to continue the development.



Seriously, Are you angry because you're mental?
Edited by solitude on Aug 5, 2014 at 02:10 PM


No, he is the Prophet of Sarcasm.


Aer
Joined: Jun 1, 2013

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 03:01 PM    Msg. 17 of 32       
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/39473/halo-the-master-chief-collection-spotted-on-amazon-uk-for-the-pc/index.html

this^ ?


General_101
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

Apparently all I post is spam.


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 06:08 PM    Msg. 18 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: Aer
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/39473/halo-the-master-chief-collection-spotted-on-amazon-uk-for-the-pc/index.html

this^ ?

I'm pretty sure things like that have happened before and we still don't have a new Halo on PC.


greg079
Joined: Apr 1, 2013

channeling my inner april fool


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 08:40 PM    Msg. 19 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mystryb0y
The original Xbox didn't have an x86 architecture though. That's why HCE took 2 years to port.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[duck][bling] christ! did nobody pay attention? i guarantee there is a backup build from before the files were converted, you'd have to be the most retarded dev in gaming history.


MoooseGuy
Joined: Aug 10, 2008

I Approve This Message.


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 08:46 PM    Msg. 20 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
Quote: --- Original message by: Mystryb0y
The original Xbox didn't have an x86 architecture though. That's why HCE took 2 years to port.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[duck][bling] christ! did nobody pay attention? i guarantee there is a backup build from before the files were converted, you'd have to be the most retarded dev in gaming history.


Quote: --- Original message by: Mystryb0y
the Prophet of Sarcasm


Seems legit.


BKTiel
Joined: Mar 18, 2014

strong independent bird needs no cage


Posted: Aug 5, 2014 08:53 PM    Msg. 21 of 32       
e:

got trolled.
Edited by BKTiel on Aug 5, 2014 at 08:54 PM


BKTiel
Joined: Mar 18, 2014

strong independent bird needs no cage


Posted: Aug 6, 2014 12:03 AM    Msg. 22 of 32       
Greg's just pretending to be a bigger twit than usual, is all.


EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: Aug 6, 2014 12:42 AM    Msg. 23 of 32       
Just because they have a backup doesn't mean it could have been ported faster.
Xbox devs may create assets and such on their PC, but the game it's self is still coded and designed to use the hardware and resources of the Xbox system, and the games are compiled using xbox Dev-kits.

So again,
saved backup =/= Faster (better) Porting


Valentin
Joined: Jun 17, 2014


Posted: Aug 6, 2014 12:47 AM    Msg. 24 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Just because they have a backup doesn't mean it could have been ported faster.
Xbox devs may create assets and such on their PC, but the game it's self is still coded and designed to use the hardware and resources of the Xbox system, and the games are compiled using xbox Dev-kits.

So again,
saved backup =/= Faster (better) Porting

Come on, logic won't work on a guy like this~


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Aug 6, 2014 06:17 AM    Msg. 25 of 32       
Triple K.


abkarch
Joined: Mar 20, 2010


Posted: Aug 6, 2014 03:53 PM    Msg. 26 of 32       
its definitely more likely now with x86 consoles with the MCC than it was with powerPC consoles, seeing as itd be several times easier.


greg079
Joined: Apr 1, 2013

channeling my inner april fool


Posted: Aug 6, 2014 09:47 PM    Msg. 27 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
So again,
saved backup =/= Faster (better) Porting

you're right, but it does mean that kids can't say "ahh, butt teh arkitexture is difrant, so et can nevr hapen". what it does mean is any decent dev who knows their own tech, and gets off their gass, won't have too much trouble.


BKTiel
Joined: Mar 18, 2014

strong independent bird needs no cage


Posted: Aug 6, 2014 10:38 PM    Msg. 28 of 32       
Games for consoles are built using an SDK. There's no 'before converting' in the process; because the kit emulates the architecture (with or without the assistance of the chosen console on hand) they'll be running on; console titles are built from the ground up for the platform.

That's why porting is such a pain in the arse. Usually you subcontract a company who will receive the uncompiled source files and attempt to remove the nuances of the SDK and adapt it to work with the development environments of other consoles or PCs. It's a lot easier to do the former than the lattter, as with PC you have to account for literally hundreds of different hardware configs and try to make everyone happy.


Valentin
Joined: Jun 17, 2014


Posted: Aug 6, 2014 11:23 PM    Msg. 29 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Games for consoles are built using an SDK. There's no 'before converting' in the process; because the kit emulates the architecture (with or without the assistance of the chosen console on hand) they'll be running on; console titles are built from the ground up for the platform.

That's why porting is such a pain in the arse. Usually you subcontract a company who will receive the uncompiled source files and attempt to remove the nuances of the SDK and adapt it to work with the development environments of other consoles or PCs. It's a lot easier to do the former than the lattter, as with PC you have to account for literally hundreds of different hardware configs and try to make everyone happy.

Thank you thank you thank you. Saved me all the trouble.


EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: Aug 7, 2014 12:04 AM    Msg. 30 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Games for consoles are built using an SDK. There's no 'before converting' in the process; because the kit emulates the architecture (with or without the assistance of the chosen console on hand) they'll be running on; console titles are built from the ground up for the platform.

That's why porting is such a pain in the arse. Usually you subcontract a company who will receive the uncompiled source files and attempt to remove the nuances of the SDK and adapt it to work with the development environments of other consoles or PCs. It's a lot easier to do the former than the lattter, as with PC you have to account for literally hundreds of different hardware configs and try to make everyone happy.

Thank you for all that you have done~


StormUndBlackbird
Joined: Oct 27, 2011

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird


Posted: Aug 7, 2014 01:55 PM    Msg. 31 of 32       


killzone64
Joined: Jun 9, 2010

discord.reclaimers.net/


Posted: Aug 7, 2014 02:44 PM    Msg. 32 of 32       
I am totally not in seattle right now too bad i am not wasting gas by driving over to bellvue to bug microsoft. Or going to kirkland to bug 343 XD not like they would listen.....

 

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Thu May 28, 2020 6:15 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website