A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »How to make AI that dont respawn

Author Topic: How to make AI that dont respawn (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Cimmerian

Hello

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 04:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Ive been trying to figure out how to make halo ai that don't respawn but I don't know how. If you do advice would be apperitiated

BTone

Reality over fear.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 04:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Firstly, create a new encounter.

In the encounter's properties, check "not initially created" and leave everything else unchecked. Also, make sure both respawn delay fields are at 0.

Now, create a new squad.

After selected actor type, etc, scroll down to where you see normal diff count. Normal diff count corresponds to enemies present on normal difficulties while insane corresponds to higher difficulties. In either case, set both to the number of ai you wish to spawn. Again, make sure the respawn fields are all at 0.

Place the same amount of starting locations for your squad as the amount of ai you wish to spawn.

Example: normal diff count = 5, 5 starting locations.

Now, in the console type ai_place <encounter name>. This will create a non-respawning encounter.

If you need anymore help, I'd be happy to help you out.

Cimmerian

Hello

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 10:45 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Hey thanks, but could you explain the console part in more detail?

BTone

Reality over fear.

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 11:28 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Open the console with the tilde (~ or ` key on US keyboards). In the console type ai_actors ,a space, and then the name of the encounter you made.

Sparky's way works perfectly well too. My way affords you the luxury of deciding when your ai is placed, but whichever way works for you is the best!

Cimmerian

Hello

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 12:11 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Thanks guys this has been a big help!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 10, 2020 6:18 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website