A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo Gameplay

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo Gameplay (67 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Nickster5000

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 01:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 67       
Sorry for being slightly off topic, but I wanted to share something with everyone :)

I went on facebook this morning, and one of my friends had commented on this video:

http://youtu.be/6VL11v78ciA

And it's gameplay from Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo! Looks pretty cool in my opinion.

(Idk if theres a thread for this already, but I skimmed the last two pages and didnt see any)

Enjoy!

MEGA_VKNG

❤❤❤❤❤

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 01:27 PM    Msg. 2 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Joker
It's not even on PC dude.

who cares? i already preordered it and i have an xbox one

anyways hi res pic of elites

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 01:35 PM    Msg. 3 of 67       
Normally I don't like the rough looking elites, but these look pretty cool.

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 04:27 PM    Msg. 4 of 67       
praise gaiben, it actually looks like halo 2! except for that needler, get those halo reach rips outta there. when are they gonna fix HCEA, to make it not look like reach? 343 ripz more than johnlex2

ReconNinja117

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 04:31 PM    Msg. 5 of 67       
Those elites look brand new, and I think they're pretty good-looking. I wonder, are the models they ripped from past games just placeholders? Back at the H2A campaign reveal ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CJ3HcCyLeGE#t=748 ) they didn't really specify. Hopefully they'll make a whole bunch more models from scratch, I really prefer the visual style of the fresh content 343 has made for this game so far rather than rips.
Edited by ReconNinja117 on Aug 12, 2014 at 04:32 PM

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 04:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 67       
squidface kills it for me

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:36 PM    Msg. 7 of 67       
They look great, except for the ugly feet. But then again I have a deep brooding hatred for the feet (hooves?) Elites had from Halo 1-3, and the beefier stompy looking toed feet from the later games allowed the animators to convey more weight to the biped.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:53 PM    Msg. 8 of 67       
It's annoying how people are mad that suddenly Halo resuses content. Halo has been the exception to the rule in not using the past games content for the Bungie games, mostly because there was such a huge graphical leap in the content. Halo 2 though did reuse a fair amount of H1 content.

Look at games like Gears and Mass Effect, all of those don't recreate all their content from scratch, same with the CODs (Although they come out every year blahhh).

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 12:22 AM    Msg. 9 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It's annoying how people are mad that suddenly Halo resuses content. Halo has been the exception to the rule in not using the past games content for the Bungie games, mostly because there was such a huge graphical leap in the content. Halo 2 though did reuse a fair amount of H1 content.

Look at games like Gears and Mass Effect, all of those don't recreate all their content from scratch, same with the CODs (Although they come out every year blahhh).

I'm not sure that people are upset because Halo is reusing content, I think people are upset that Halo is reusing content in contexts where it doesn't match up to what's previously been established. An example of this would be the proliferation of Halo 3 and Halo: Reach weapons in the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition. We knew what an MA5B looked like, and setting the ammo counter on an MA5C to 60 didn't suddenly transform it into an MA5B. We knew what an M90 looked like, and putting an M45 in our hands and telling us it was an M90 didn't make it so.

Halo has been the exception to the rule in not using content from the previous games, and because of this trend, they've put themself into a situation where some things just don't fit in certain situations, because a lot of the key assets in each game are easily identifiable as being from that particular game.

Other games can get away with it because they've either always done it (Gears of War and Mass Effect, I'd guess), or because they draw inspiration from reality. There's little reason to redo your M14 model for every single game, because at the end of the day, an M14 is still an M14. If you were to try to put an Mk 14 EBR into a context where you should have an M14, however, that's when people begin to take issue.
Edited by Echo77 on Aug 13, 2014 at 01:40 AM

Masters1337

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 02:14 AM    Msg. 10 of 67       
The thing is though they rename many weapons and give them the same model number, or try to explain the change in art with a change in story, even when the change is just because it's a new game with nicer tech. I never really had a problem with Ani reusing models because I just saw the Reach shotgun being an updated art asset, same with the MA5C becoming the MA5B or the pistols sharing the same model. There are several cases through the games where Bungie flip flopped with design vs cannon as well.

In the end the AR is the AR, regardless of the slight difference in appearance. The MA5C and MA5B are 95% identical in design, unlike the one from Reach (which would have been stupid to have in Ani, even though its my favorite AR design), so for me the "model" of the weapon is reflected in it's use and gameplay. That's what we do with the SPV3 weapon naming scheme, if it plays different than a Bungie or 343 weapon it gets it's own model number (MA5E, M80 Shotgun, BR-45) and if it plays like the classic Bungie/343 design, it keeps their model number (M6G, PR, PP etc...)

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 06:20 AM    Msg. 11 of 67       

Echo77

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 12:23 PM    Msg. 12 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I never really had a problem with Ani reusing models because I just saw the Reach shotgun being an updated art asset, same with the MA5C becoming the MA5B or the pistols sharing the same model.

In the end the AR is the AR, regardless of the slight difference in appearance. The MA5C and MA5B are 95% identical in design, unlike the one from Reach (which would have been stupid to have in Ani, even though its my favorite AR design), so for me the "model" of the weapon is reflected in it's use and gameplay. That's what we do with the SPV3 weapon naming scheme, if it plays different than a Bungie or 343 weapon it gets it's own model number (MA5E, M80 Shotgun, BR-45) and if it plays like the classic Bungie/343 design, it keeps their model number (M6G, PR, PP etc...)

Regardless of whether you choose to define equipment simply by functionality or model, Bungie has canonized that there are multiple models of weapons with similar functionality. Whether you see this as an excuse for taking artistic license in each game or something else, they all exist in the lore now, and they're all showcased at specific points throughout the series. There's a difference between a graphically updated version of things that fit in with what's been previously established, and using variants that weren't introduced in-game until later in the series.The M90A from Halo 3 would have been a better-suited to being passed off as just being an "updated art asset," but the M45 isn't even in M90 family, and is pretty easily distinguished as being a different thing than what we had in Halo 1.

An assault rifle is an assault rifle, but that doesn't mean that all assault rifles are the same gun, even if some of them look similar. Much like the original M16 and the M16A4 are very similar in terms of aesthetics, they're still not the same model, and it wouldn't make sense to have an M16A4 in a Vietnam-era game. It's still an assault rifle, sure, but it doesn't fit what's been previously established for the time frame.

Just because a weapon may not have changed very much on the outside doesn't mean it hasn't changed on the inside. That's why they can still claim that each iteration of MA5 is still in the MA5 family, because changes as subtle as adding a muzzle device as standard, differences in barrel length, and modifications to the internal workings of the weapon can all constitute a variant. But when you make drastic changes to the aeshetic, you end up with a clearly unrelated weapon. You don't end up with a variant, but whole 'nother weapon system that just doesn't fit into certain contexts. Such as the Reach shotgun they dropped into HA10.

Tl;dr: Bungie established an order of things, times when certain iterations of certain assets were showcased at certain points, points that predate the introduction of other iterations of assets that weren't showcased until later in the series. Some people don't think technology should time travel.
Edited by Echo77 on Aug 15, 2014 at 02:46 AM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 01:06 PM    Msg. 13 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

http://i.imgur.com/iqtk3QK.jpg

Permission to vomit excessively?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 01:55 AM    Msg. 14 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

http://i.imgur.com/iqtk3QK.jpg

Permission to vomit excessively?

Permission granted.

And what's with the reverb on the SMG sound? I can't tell if it's the actual sound, or they're doing it because of the environment.

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 03:36 AM    Msg. 15 of 67       
It honestly looks like Halo 3. It doesn't even look like Halo 2.

Still not so sure on this.

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 09:19 AM    Msg. 16 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
It honestly looks like Halo 3. It doesn't even look like Halo 2.

Still not so sure on this.

What's not to be sure about? Same great game with high resolution graphics!

I watched the Cairo Station gameplay when they announced the MCC and couldn't care less, after seeing a bit of Delta Halo, I'm pleasantly excited.

ODX

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 10:44 AM    Msg. 17 of 67       
Wow, the elites look really freakin' good. They're so clean and simple and don't look like wrinkly aliens, but still valiant warriors who will kick my ass on legendary still.

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 09:51 PM    Msg. 18 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Wow, the elites look really freakin' good. They're so clean and simple and don't look like wrinkly aliens, but still valiant warriors who will kick my ass on legendary still.

Valiant warriors who desperately need finger nail clippers.

ReconNinja117

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 11:03 PM    Msg. 19 of 67       
Apparently elites genetically modified themselves to have fingernails since 2012.

Edited by ReconNinja117 on Aug 14, 2014 at 11:07 PM

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 08:26 AM    Msg. 20 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: ReconNinja117

Apparently elites genetically modified themselves to have fingernails since 2008.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3837/14922059182_e2bb5321fe.jpg
Edited by ReconNinja117 on Aug 14, 2014 at 11:07 PM

FTFY

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 08:31 AM    Msg. 21 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20

lol imagine if they need to scratch, like, their butt or some sensitive area.

do they even have any

Ouch.

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 08:53 AM    Msg. 22 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx

lol imagine if they need to scratch, like, their butt or some sensitive area.

do they even have any

Ouch.

Rule 34

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 12:15 AM    Msg. 23 of 67       
Wow, I love the elites, and I'm preety picky about how things look usually. Granted the elites are a little uglier than they were in Halo 2, but their armor reminds me alot of Halo 2 and I love it.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 01:45 AM    Msg. 24 of 67       
I hate it.... side note... what the hell did they do to the tank? is it firing canister shells? or tuna cans?

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 01:59 AM    Msg. 25 of 67       
Why do you hate it. You're the same guy who hates 343's content without giving a good reason why.

Echo77

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 02:09 AM    Msg. 26 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
I hate it.... side note... what the hell did they do to the tank? is it firing canister shells?

Well a canister shell would be more akin to a an oversized shotgun shell.

killzone64

Too many hobbys not enough time

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 02:17 AM    Msg. 27 of 67       
I love the rest of what i have seen from h2a but what i dont like is the smg, facial structures of the elites, and the ascension remake ( 343 yet again sucks at forerunner architecture -_- ) tbh all of their assets are overdesigned and include unnessecary detail just for the sake of having extra detail.....

And did i mention that smg? Blegh

Sorry but that does not look like an m7 to me at all

Delicon20

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 02:23 AM    Msg. 28 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
I love the rest of what i have seen from h2a but what i dont like is the smg, facial structures of the elites, and the ascension remake ( 343 yet again sucks at forerunner architecture -_- ) tbh all of their assets are overdesigned and include unnessecary detail just for the sake of having extra detail.....

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/160/1/2/halo_2_anniversary_smg_by_aryck_the_one-d7lqup4.png

I mentioned the smg in an older thread too. Why the hell does it look like it was designed by Megablocks?

killzone64

Too many hobbys not enough time

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 02:41 AM    Msg. 29 of 67       
XD that is exactly what i was thinking

343 needs issaic hannaford. Too bad he works for bungie

Masters1337

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 02:42 AM    Msg. 30 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/160/1/2/halo_2_anniversary_smg_by_aryck_the_one-d7lqup4.png

I mentioned the smg in an older thread too. Why the hell does it look like it was designed by Megablocks?

Russians. The MP SMG I think looks fantastic. Makes me jealous cause I always felt CMT had the best designed one prior.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Aug 17, 2014 12:04 AM    Msg. 31 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Why do you hate it. You're the same guy who hates 343's content without giving a good reason why.

actually I love what they did with tartarus, but otherwise... wheres the Michael bay? wheres the boom? wheres the rich textures? this is too dull, the display is... etc. im too pooped to type more... fun day, it feels like forever since ive been on the forums. but yeah, I approve of tartarus, but they overkilled a lot of stuff and put realism into stuff that doesn't need it

Delicon20

Posted: Aug 17, 2014 12:31 AM    Msg. 32 of 67       
I just really hope they spruce up the game's particle effects before release. To say they need work is a gross understatement.

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 01:07 PM    Msg. 33 of 67       

^ MC looks about the same quality, just in a modern game engine
I normally don't like the threads about the next halo game but this looks new.
Oh dear lord, what happened to the elites foot.
http://halofanforlife.com/?p=16530
Edited by Spiral on Aug 18, 2014 at 01:08 PM

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 01:31 PM    Msg. 34 of 67       
I like the ODST design quite a lot. Not much unnecessary additions.
Wish 343 would at least try keeping the shape of the helmet. :'(

MC still looks bland. Same goes for the visors of the helmets.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 01:32 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 03:09 PM    Msg. 35 of 67       
I'm pretty sure the MC is actually done by bungie, and what you see is the original asset used in announcement trailers and cinematic trailers. The ODSTs aren't done by 343, they are saber.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri February 23, 2018 3:40 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website