A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo Gameplay

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev
Author Topic: Halo 2 Anniversary Delta Halo Gameplay (67 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

DOPPELGANGER
Joined: Jul 19, 2014

whoops


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 03:35 PM    Msg. 36 of 67       
I like that they kept MC the same as in Halo 2, that was what I personally wanted all along, keep everything the same, but give it a graphical boost. As for the elites, I still do, and always will prefer the standard Halo 2 variant, they don't look like repulsive aliens, and their armor is sleek and cool. As for the ODST, I think that they look as good as the standard Halo 2 ODST.


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 03:56 PM    Msg. 37 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'm pretty sure the MC is actually done by bungie, and what you see is the original asset used in announcement trailers and cinematic trailers. The ODSTs aren't done by 343, they are saber.

Model is fine but the shaders are so plain and bland.

Didn't know that ODSTs were made by Saber. My complaints still apply xP


DOPPELGANGER
Joined: Jul 19, 2014

whoops


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 04:57 PM    Msg. 38 of 67       
The way you went about saying that isn't the best, but I do agree with you, the shaders look great.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:25 PM    Msg. 39 of 67       
Slightly off topic, but, still related to The MCC. Why haven't they shown any content for Halo 3 or other games in the collection?


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:25 PM    Msg. 40 of 67       
Liking the way the chief and a lot of the characters are looking. Not a fan of the way the ODSTs look though. BR and SMG look really good though


DOPPELGANGER
Joined: Jul 19, 2014

whoops


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:27 PM    Msg. 41 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Slightly off topic, but, still related to The MCC. Why haven't they shown any content for Halo 3 or other games in the collection?


Because those games are not the highlight of MCC and are not remastered. They are the same way they were on the day of their initial release.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:31 PM    Msg. 42 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Slightly off topic, but, still related to The MCC. Why haven't they shown any content for Halo 3 or other games in the collection?


Because those games are not the highlight of MCC and are not remastered. They are the same way they were on the day of their initial release.


Well, they should at least include Combat Evolved Anniversary from the 360.


DOPPELGANGER
Joined: Jul 19, 2014

whoops


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:32 PM    Msg. 43 of 67       
Why? It's the same as it was before! If you want to see videos of Halo CEA just search it up on Youtube, it's already been released. Now stop being stupid ok?


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:38 PM    Msg. 44 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Why? It's the same as it was before! If you want to see videos of Halo CEA just search it up on Youtube, it's already been released.


I am just going to pretend that last sentence wasn't there. I already played CEA. I just don't understand why they would release the regular edition of the game over the Anniversary edition, given that this generation of consoles is about HD graphics.


DOPPELGANGER
Joined: Jul 19, 2014

whoops


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:39 PM    Msg. 45 of 67       
It does include CEA.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:43 PM    Msg. 46 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
It does include CEA.


Oh. From they way you said it, it sounded like it didn't include CEA (I got that from when you said they are the same as they were on release day). Sorry about misunderstanding.


DOPPELGANGER
Joined: Jul 19, 2014

whoops


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 05:57 PM    Msg. 47 of 67       
kek


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:01 PM    Msg. 48 of 67       


Really liking the look of these Honor Guards


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:08 PM    Msg. 49 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: lockeowns
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'm pretty sure the MC is actually done by bungie, and what you see is the original asset used in announcement trailers and cinematic trailers. The ODSTs aren't done by 343, they are saber.

Model is fine but the shaders are so plain and bland.

Didn't know that ODSTs were made by Saber. My complaints still apply xP


Wrong, 343i did great with those shaders.

I disagree.


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:15 PM    Msg. 50 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
I disagree.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he already knows that...
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:16 PM


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:16 PM    Msg. 51 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: lockeowns
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'm pretty sure the MC is actually done by bungie, and what you see is the original asset used in announcement trailers and cinematic trailers. The ODSTs aren't done by 343, they are saber.

Model is fine but the shaders are so plain and bland.

Didn't know that ODSTs were made by Saber. My complaints still apply xP


Wrong, 343i did great with those shaders.

I disagree.


What is wrong with them then? its basically an Up-Res'd version of the H2 armor. I have seen people constantly bitching here about 343 redesigning the armor and how awful it looks, but it seems they can't keep the design the same as the original and make people here happy either.


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:19 PM    Msg. 52 of 67       
ODST looks great - MC looks ok, they should really just make a "clean" version of the Halo 3 armor and use that for consistency.


DOPPELGANGER
Joined: Jul 19, 2014

whoops


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:24 PM    Msg. 53 of 67       
Dumb AI is just one of those annoying, bitchy, nostalgic Halo players who doesn't like anything.


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:25 PM    Msg. 54 of 67       
Armor is basically matte, which I dislike greatly.

Real mature, ranger.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:26 PM


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:29 PM    Msg. 55 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

Armor is basically matte, which I dislike greatly.

Real mature, ranger.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:26 PM


It is dirty, battle worn metal painted olive drab... what do you expect? xD
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:30 PM


DOPPELGANGER
Joined: Jul 19, 2014

whoops


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:39 PM    Msg. 56 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

Armor is basically matte, which I dislike greatly.

Real mature, ranger.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:26 PM


It is dirty, battle worn metal painted olive drab... what do you expect? xD
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:30 PM


Exactly, It's battle worn metal, why would anyone want it to be some shiny hunk of armor.


Delicon20
Joined: Oct 3, 2008

Still here. Still loves bacon


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 06:42 PM    Msg. 57 of 67       
The more I look at these elites the more I can't help but wonder if they pulled from the Halo wars elite models. At first I thought they had merged Halo Reach and Halo 4's elite models and went from there, but now I'm not so sure.

There are quite a few similarities






EDIT: I'm sure of it now, there's too many similarities to the body structure and armor shape and design for these to not be related, They definitely used a large portion of blur's cinematic halo wars elite models, then updated and modified large portions of it
Edited by Delicon20 on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:54 PM


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 07:05 PM    Msg. 58 of 67       
I'm pretty sure the new elites are heavily modified H4 elites. Also ALL games are getting updates to their graphics and performance, H1A included.


Delicon20
Joined: Oct 3, 2008

Still here. Still loves bacon


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 07:21 PM    Msg. 59 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'm pretty sure the new elites are heavily modified H4 elites. Also ALL games are getting updates to their graphics and performance, H1A included.


I'm sure they used parts of the H4 elites, but the helmet shape, shoulder guard shape, hell, most all of the armor's shape, the point at which the armour stops and the skin suit continues from the mid section to the leg guards, the way the joints from the knee all the way down to the hoof angle and flow in perfect correlation to the HW elite, the claws, The lack of armor on his but. Everything matches up almost perfectly, overall-model wise. Now the obvious changes are to the textures, adding/removing small pieces of armor here and there, widening/thickening the elite's midsection (this threw me off the most, as adjusting this made the new elite look less bulky), and of course the elite's actual head, which is where it's obvious they pulled from a mixture of both Reach and H4.

I'm certain that's Halo Wars's elite, just modified. It just matches up waaay too perfectly
Edited by Delicon20 on Aug 18, 2014 at 07:22 PM


Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-
Joined: Feb 24, 2007


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 07:31 PM    Msg. 60 of 67       
Thanks for telling us.


Echo77
Joined: Jul 20, 2010

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 07:52 PM    Msg. 61 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: lockeowns
Never say to 343i they are bad company when you can't make you're own scene good.

By that logic, I have no right to criticize any aspect of any movie, video game, painting, architectural design, song, or television series, because I don't know how to make any of these things.


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 07:58 PM    Msg. 62 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

Armor is basically matte, which I dislike greatly.

Real mature, ranger.
Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:26 PM


It is dirty, battle worn metal painted olive drab... what do you expect? xD
Edited by Bobblehob on Aug 18, 2014 at 06:30 PM

A cubemap alone can spruce things up quite nicely. The plain look is okay I suppose but it doesn't need to be so clean and dull (I am aware that some areas are far from being clean).

For the visors, there is not much of a reason for THAT to be matte too.


Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 08:01 PM


General_101
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

Apparently all I post is spam.


Posted: Aug 18, 2014 09:27 PM    Msg. 63 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: lockeowns

To be honest, I am glad that I got xbox one but right now I feel sorry for PC gamers.


Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
ODST looks great - MC looks ok, they should really just make a "clean" version of the Halo 3 armor and use that for consistency.



Higuy, you have to remember look at you're Lumoria Single Player map and compare to these scenes which one looks better? obviously halo 2 looks better because the way cinematic are and you couldn't even do that. Never say to 343i they are bad company when you can't make you're own scene good.
Edited by lockeowns on Aug 18, 2014 at 07:33 PM

It's ok! We have Goat Simulator in 60 fps 1080p.


Bobblehob
Joined: Aug 29, 2010


Posted: Aug 21, 2014 04:47 AM    Msg. 64 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI


A cubemap alone can spruce things up quite nicely. The plain look is okay I suppose but it doesn't need to be so clean and dull (I am aware that some areas are far from being clean).

For the visors, there is not much of a reason for THAT to be matte too.


Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 08:01 PM


I would rather it look like painted metal than the original ridiculously reflective clear coat armor from H2.

The visors pictured here are all in shadows, so not much to go on to tell whether they are matte or not.


BKTiel
Joined: Mar 18, 2014

strong independent bird needs no cage


Posted: Aug 21, 2014 05:27 AM    Msg. 65 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: lockeowns
Never say to 343i they are bad company when you can't make you're own scene good.

By that logic, I have no right to criticize any aspect of any movie, video game, painting, architectural design, song, or television series, because I don't know how to make any of these things.


Whenever someone comes in here spewing controversial crap in broken english it's probably for the best that you ignore them. Either way a lot of trouble is saved.


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Aug 21, 2014 06:37 AM    Msg. 66 of 67       
Is it just me, or are the new elite's feet really short? Like... how are they supposed to distribute their entire body mass across those 2 small sections of area?
http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/Gamescom-2014-Halo-2-Anniversary-Delta-Halo-Honor-Guard-Comparison-jpg.jpg


Dumb AI
Joined: Sep 18, 2011

Dead.


Posted: Aug 21, 2014 09:34 AM    Msg. 67 of 67       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI


A cubemap alone can spruce things up quite nicely. The plain look is okay I suppose but it doesn't need to be so clean and dull (I am aware that some areas are far from being clean).

For the visors, there is not much of a reason for THAT to be matte too.


Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 18, 2014 at 08:01 PM


I would rather it look like painted metal than the original ridiculously reflective clear coat armor from H2.

The visors pictured here are all in shadows, so not much to go on to tell whether they are matte or not.

Even with an energy sword about 3 feet in front the Chief, it's still dark and has a strange lack of reflected light.

The ODSTs' visors are almost pitch black, also with a lack of reflected light. I know it's possible that it's yet another design-related change but they should be reflecting a little bit of light, probably around the edges.


Edited by Dumb AI on Aug 21, 2014 at 09:36 AM

 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Sun August 18, 2019 1:49 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website