A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo MCC for PC? Jeff Gerstmann at Microsoft's E3 media briefing

Author Topic: Halo MCC for PC? Jeff Gerstmann at Microsoft's E3 media briefing (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ReconNinja117

Used to be terrible. Probably still am.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 11:42 PM    Msg. 1 of 13       
This probably is old news for some of you, but I haven't seen a thread about this on here so I thought I'd post it for those who haven't seen it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qPbKjso22o
Do you think this is legitimate? He doesn't actually present anything beyond an eyewitness testimony, but this guy has a pretty reputable position as far as video game news goes.

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 12:11 AM    Msg. 2 of 13       
One side of me wants to believe but the other slaps me in the face and reminds me this is Microsoft. Then again though the Xbox One didn't sell as well as Microsoft wanted it to and is now trying to gain something. I don't think even Halo could fix the Xbox Ones sales or at least not entirely.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 12:25 AM    Msg. 3 of 13       
I think its pretty clear Microsoft has lost this console battle being outsold 3 to 1. But hopefully they'll learn from that and when they release a 'next-gen' console, it won't be a downgrade from their current one.

If MCC is coming for PC, it won't be this fall.

General_101

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 08:52 AM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
I think its pretty clear Microsoft has lost this console battle being outsold 3 to 1. But hopefully they'll learn from that and when they release a 'next-gen' console, it won't be a downgrade from their current one.

There's so many things wrong with this comment...

How so? His ratio about sales compared to Sony is close. If Microsoft wouldn't have repeatedly lied to it's consumer base it wouldn't have lost as many sales. If you didn't consider DRM and always Kinect bad from the start then I don't know what to tell ya. If MCC did come to PC it would obviously take a much longer time. Not seeing the wrongness here.

BlitzOfSBB

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 10:39 AM    Msg. 5 of 13       
This is like the 20th MCC thread(I actually lost count a while back). I guess I will just add my thoughts here, because Jeff Gerstmann "seemingly confirming MCC on PC" video seems to be the most evidence(not very much) we have for a PC port.

Now. Jeff here could just be messing with us. He has no evidence of a "move mouse to look around" prompt. No one else as far as I know has reported the same findings, which is rather suspicous.

Now let's assume he is telling the truth. It could have just been a dev kit on the PC. All console games have multiples of these. They don't make games on consoles.

So what's the bright side? Not much. The future of Halo on PC looks very bleak.

BUT.

Microsoft is porting more of their Xbox One exclusives to the PC, because of how easy it is to do. Dead Rising 3, for a year was an Xbox One exclusive. Now it's on PC. A PC port was also recently announced for Ryse Son of Rome. Again, it was ported one year after release. Hopefully this is a pattern. I wouldn't get your hopes up over this, but MCC could recive a PC port next year along with the release of Halo 5: Gaurdians for the Xbox One. Like they did with Halo 2 Vista and Halo 3.

Another thing that I find interesting is that Microsoft hasn't actually said "there will be no PC port", which you think they would do if it wasn't going to happen. They flat out said nope, there will be no Xbox 360 version of the MCC when asked. But in response to a PC version they said, it's not impossible, if you want it keep asking, and we take PC gaming very seriously. Also, earlier in the year and in 2013 Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 all appeared on Steam long before anyone knew of the MCC.

So assuming that Jeff told the truth, and that it wasn't a dev build.
Observing Microsofts record of porting Xbox One exclusives to PC.
Microsofts teasing replies when asked of a PC port.
Amazon UK and Amazon Spain leaking a MCC PC listing.
How they released Halo 3(a console launcher) and H2V together. They might do the same with Halo 5 Gaurdians(a console launcher) and MCC PC.
Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 appeared on Steam long before the MCC was announced or rumored.

Now I'll just let you think on all that info... It's starting to seem "possible" now isn't it?
Edited by BlitzOfSBB on Aug 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 11:45 AM    Msg. 6 of 13       
I am fairly confident we will get more FPS Halo games on PC. What condition they will be in when they arrive... that I do not know and won't get my hopes up we will ever have something like CE.

sshers4

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 04:21 PM    Msg. 7 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: BlitzOfSBB

This is like the 20th MCC thread(I actually lost count a while back). I guess I will just add my thoughts here, because Jeff Gerstmann "seemingly confirming MCC on PC" video seems to be the most evidence(not very much) we have for a PC port.

Now. Jeff here could just be messing with us. He has no evidence of a "move mouse to look around" prompt. No one else as far as I know has reported the same findings, which is rather suspicous.

Now let's assume he is telling the truth. It could have just been a dev kit on the PC. All console games have multiples of these. They don't make games on consoles.

So what's the bright side? Not much. The future of Halo on PC looks very bleak.

BUT.

Microsoft is porting more of their Xbox One exclusives to the PC, because of how easy it is to do. Dead Rising 3, for a year was an Xbox One exclusive. Now it's on PC. A PC port was also recently announced for Ryse Son of Rome. Again, it was ported one year after release. Hopefully this is a pattern. I wouldn't get your hopes up over this, but MCC could recive a PC port next year along with the release of Halo 5: Gaurdians for the Xbox One. Like they did with Halo 2 Vista and Halo 3.

Another thing that I find interesting is that Microsoft hasn't actually said "there will be no PC port", which you think they would do if it wasn't going to happen. They flat out said nope, there will be no Xbox 360 version of the MCC when asked. But in response to a PC version they said, it's not impossible, if you want it keep asking, and we take PC gaming very seriously. Also, earlier in the year and in 2013 Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 all appeared on Steam long before anyone knew of the MCC.

So assuming that Jeff told the truth, and that it wasn't a dev build.
Observing Microsofts record of porting Xbox One exclusives to PC.
Microsofts teasing replies when asked of a PC port.
Amazon UK and Amazon Spain leaking a MCC PC listing.
How they released Halo 3(a console launcher) and H2V together. They might do the same with Halo 5 Gaurdians(a console launcher) and MCC PC.
Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 appeared on Steam long before the MCC was announced or rumored.

Now I'll just let you think on all that info... It's starting to seem "possible" now isn't it?
Edited by BlitzOfSBB on Aug 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Yes, interesting. I never hear 343i simply say " halo will never come to pc. Never." maybe they want MCC to sell well and next year we might see some surprise. You're also right how easy porting games to PC but you know when halo 4 was on 360 maybe it was complex to port it to PC. They probably want it on PC in a first place. But who knows. And 343 never say to PC gamers "STOP asking about PC we told you already it it won't come!" Like I never hear them saying that all they say is " keep asking for it don't stop".
Edited by sshers4 on Aug 15, 2014 at 04:31 PM

solitude

chfan

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 04:45 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
 343 really needs to give a real answer to this already! I don't care if it's a yes or a no, they just need to stop confusing people

MatthewDratt

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 05:00 PM    Msg. 9 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

There's so many things wrong with this comment...

How so? His ratio about sales compared to Sony is close. If Microsoft wouldn't have repeatedly lied to it's consumer base it wouldn't have lost as many sales. If you didn't consider DRM and always Kinect bad from the start then I don't know what to tell ya. If MCC did come to PC it would obviously take a much longer time. Not seeing the wrongness here.

Don't know what else would be wrong with my statement. Sales are sales.

If MCC was coming in fall, they'd be advertising it.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 05:28 PM    Msg. 10 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: solitude
 343 really needs to give a real answer to this already! I don't care if it's a yes or a no, they just need to stop confusing people

If they give a definitive answer, then they're bound by what they said. If they say, "No, we're never going to do this," they've eliminated that marketing option. On the other hand, if they say, "Yes, we're definitely going to do this," and then end up not doing it, then there'll be backlash. Saying, things like, "Keep asking," and "Maybe," keeps all of their options open. Would I like a definitive yes-or-no answer? Sure. But I can understand why they aren't giving one.
Edited by Echo77 on Aug 15, 2014 at 05:29 PM

SAS

I comment every once in a while

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 05:29 PM    Msg. 11 of 13       
I'm a little confused about the whole "hopefully they will learn not to release a next gen console that's a downgrade of the current one" part.

General_101

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 06:46 PM    Msg. 12 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: SAS
I'm a little confused about the whole "hopefully they will learn not to release a next gen console that's a downgrade of the current one" part.

I'm guessing he means by weighing the pros and the cons. The Xbox One with it's always online policy pretty much destroyed most peoples trust. The You-have-no-choice-kinect also ticked off some people. Not to mention the fact that the Xbox one has membership status that can be more expensive than a PS4 and then you have the PC which you do not need to pay to play online except for the internet. Most of these problems have been fixed I believe but that still hasn't made me regain their trust. The lies they made at E3 were enough to keep me away from the console.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 07:33 PM    Msg. 13 of 13       
When the Xbox One first launched, it's UI and the system overall was pretty crap compared to the 360. The achivement system was slow and broken, the interface is crap, the "must-buy with kinect" featured was crap. Always install thats slow as heck. 500gb non-replaceable hard drive.

Sure, it's improved. But at launch, the 360 was still the superior xbox console, which is shouldn't be when you launch a new console.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Aug 15, 2014 at 07:34 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 1:43 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website