A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »i do things sometimes and here is a video of my wip thing

Author Topic: i do things sometimes and here is a video of my wip thing (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 02:59 AM    Msg. 1 of 14       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzL79gLgbTk ...............the map I did not make it. but im updating it
this is just a wip just so you lot no ....Credit's a big thanks to AlekosGR for making some cool os textures
and thanks to altis94 for giving me some things to fix the H3_Mongoose
Edited by DOOM899 on Aug 15, 2014 at 02:59 AM

DOOM899

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 03:22 AM    Msg. 2 of 14       
sorry mate but all/most of the tags well be halo 3 that and a odst shotgun
Edited by DOOM899 on Aug 15, 2014 at 03:22 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 03:39 AM    Msg. 3 of 14       
you do a terrible job of showing off your stuff. Few tips

1. Turn off motion blur. Don't know how? pp_unload is easiest
2. Screenshots are a thing, use them to your advantage and don't use any filtering or post-process screens
3. Try not to move your camera so sporadically when making a video, it makes things look like absolute crud
4. Don't bother showing weapon animations unless they're custom weapons. You can always link to the tagset you used afterwards or mention it later

I couldn't watch the video all the way through, so I wont comment on the little bit of texture work I saw. Make a better video and post some screens and let people give you some crit like that

DOOM899

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 05:42 AM    Msg. 4 of 14       
well here is some Screenshots

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/doom8999/haloce2014-08-1517-29-33-40_zpsb59c1d3f.jpg

and this dose not work but looks cool all the same

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 09:51 AM    Msg. 5 of 14       
I'm sorry, but what gameplay value does this map have?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 04:20 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       
You did nothing. Nothing is yours

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 05:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
show off the map, not the tags. Even if its a mod of a map its important to show what you did differently than the original and how it benefits gameplay

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 05:51 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
show off the map, not the tags. Even if its a mod of a map its important to show what you did differently than the original and how it benefits gameplay

This. Show off some shots using debug camera and be a little bit more professional. (its ok, im not that proffesional either) also use stormundblackbirds concept of a mod. Make sure its actually good. And fun or funner then the original.

DOOM899

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 07:39 PM    Msg. 9 of 14       
im not going to make more Screenshots if you would like to see more of the map then see the youtube video I did put up

as for what im showing off is the tags not the map
as you can see there is os shaders and I did a hell of a lot of work on the shaders to look as cool as tha do and thanks to AlekosGR for making a lot of specular maps and two
normal.. and making shore color just like the h3 gun as well as the vehicles and the reflections .. this map is going to be fun.... info about all the thing you see are not in original map in fact the original map is a test map

and MEGASEAN2812 you no I make things better then the original and you can see it in this map but as of yet it not done that's Y it a wip so I hope to get more work done on it

so all the feedback I can get well be of use if it's about to map and the tags

and 1bobsam1 the gameplay is not done but it would play a bit like bloodgulch and big ass and some more maps that I don't have time to name

Edited by DOOM899 on Aug 15, 2014 at 07:52 PM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 08:50 PM    Msg. 10 of 14       
To clear up what everyone has said to you,

It's not about how shiny or Halo 3 like you can make your tags look, because ultimately its a game, and gameplay is far more important than how many pixels you can push.
(A great inspiration may be for you to look at many indie titles, and see that a lot of indie devs put focus on gameplay and leave visuals to stylized pixel art instead of creating amateur 3D assets and such)

To conclude they are asking how throwing in these tags into a map, with re-textures and shader work impacts gameplay in a positive manner, because Visuals =/= Fun

DOOM899

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 09:23 PM    Msg. 11 of 14       
g'dday new guy
..you don't no much about me it would seem..im a games master no6 so I no all about game play.. to what im going to do about gameplay is to do like most of the maps I have done is rework it how gameplay feels and how hard it is to play it
.. they not are asking how throwing in these tags into a map would make it better tha just need to see all of the map that I have not done yet as in what I have put in it

I quote me ... the gameplay is not done but it would play a bit like bloodgulch and big ass and some more maps that I don't have time to name

and here take a look at this map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuaqgBcycVs this is something I did some time ago to give you a idea to how I do things

and before I forget adding new tags to a map can break or make the map cooler

no1 as I do more work on it I well put
Screenshots up and a better video and this time I will show all of the map in 2 weeks ..
so if you keep giving feedback that would be good

Edited by DOOM899 on Aug 15, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Edited by DOOM899 on Aug 16, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Nickster5000

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 11:21 PM    Msg. 12 of 14       
Look at how Joe from Bungie demonstrates Halo 3 ODST at E3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-dLHHoV9MI#t=102

He moves slowly and surely to let everyone grasp and take in the environments.

In your videos, you are intermittently looking around so we cannot grasp the environments, and showing us weapons that we already have access to and have seen in previous games. So please, to prevent us from gaining massive migraines from watching your videos, go slower and let the viewer take it in, not walk around like a crazy psychotic person shooting and whip lashing the view.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 04:33 AM    Msg. 13 of 14       
Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
g'dday new guy

Been perusing the forums for at least 3 years, only made an account this year, to reply to some post(I can't remember what it was about.)

Quote: ..you don't no much about me it would seem..im a games master no6 so I no all about game play.. to what im going to do about gameplay is to do like most of the maps I have don't
is rework it how gameplay feels and how hard it is to play it

That means absolutely nothing to me. The title of "Games master no6" has zero significance.
the rest of that lacks understandability.

Quote: .. they not are asking how throwing in these tags into a map would make it better tha just need to see all of the map that I have not done yet as in what I have put in it

Yes, yes they clearly are

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

try again
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Aug 16, 2014 at 04:35 AM

DOOM899

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 06:29 AM    Msg. 14 of 14       
Nickster5000 thanks mate I do just that in 2 weeks

..and EtchyaSketch take a look at your pm

now for all of you this is just about the tags so in two weeks you well see the hole map
starting today ok

well seeing how you lot don't like the video just give me feedback on the pics or what you think I can do better
Edited by DOOM899 on Aug 16, 2014 at 07:02 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon April 6, 2020 8:35 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website