A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Open Edges and Weapon Models

Author Topic: Open Edges and Weapon Models (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Don't be daft. wrap your shaft

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 12:20 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Do the open edge/sealed world rules apply to first and/or third person weapon models? I know they apply to collision models but I am unsure if they apply to the actual weapon model.

I ask because I am currently modelling a weapon where I could save many polygons by breaking the sealed world rule, but I am unsure if that will affect my ability to get it ingame.

Thanks for any help guys!

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 12:35 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
They do not. If its something like a weapon model or scenery (not collision) then it wont count. Open edges and stuff only count if its rendering it as a collision.

Don't be daft. wrap your shaft

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 12:38 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
They do not. If its something like a weapon model or scenery (not collision) then it wont count. Open edges and stuff only count if its rendering it as a collision.

Thanks Sean :)

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 07:48 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Structure.scenrio.bsp's enforce the open edge rule simply because the 3d environment also doubles up as your collision for the level.

Where as collision geo for .model files can be made separately, or ins some cases you may utilize the actual model as your collision geo.

In all instances however, your collision geo must conform to the sealed world rules.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 11, 2020 12:52 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website