A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Fixing Renamon's Halo CE Campaign port

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: Fixing Renamon's Halo CE Campaign port (127 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 16, 2014 05:51 PM    Msg. 1 of 127       
Greetings. Today, I decided to try out the ported campaign. The issue I noticed immediately is the lack of AI grenade throwing. So, I'm going to see about fixing this and other issues. Can someone provide a complete list of known issues with the ported campaign? Because of my work on my other project, the Sniper Rifle HUD is already fixed (thanks Jesse). By the way, this is my first project that I've not only made public, but, the first I've even made any real progress on (basically, this is effectively my first project). So, I will probably ask alot of questions.

You can download my updated maps here. If you downloaded any maps prior to 09/22/14, please redownload, as the updated maps fix issues related to the bitmaps.map and sounds.map files.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=41DF5C16DBA4CA20%21554

Update: As of now, I will no longer be posting updates for this mod here. Either head over to Halomods or go to my blog. Here;

https://austenmodsarchieve.wordpress.com/

http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/topic/811-updated-halo-custom-edition-campaign-port/

I'll reconsider updating the thread at a later time.

Edited by austen1000 on Sep 16, 2014 at 05:56 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 16, 2014 at 06:49 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 16, 2014 at 08:11 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 01:19 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 07:07 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 08:41 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 19, 2014 at 01:19 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 19, 2014 at 01:19 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 19, 2014 at 08:15 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 07:33 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 10, 2014 at 03:19 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 11, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 11, 2014 at 05:19 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Oct 11, 2014 at 05:25 PM


MoooseGuy
Joined: Aug 10, 2008

I Approve This Message.


Posted: Sep 16, 2014 07:12 PM    Msg. 2 of 127       
Retarded black-bordered lightning in the Library and The Maw.


The_Purrminator
Joined: May 30, 2014

(SBB) Michelle


Posted: Sep 16, 2014 07:18 PM    Msg. 3 of 127       
The sentinels in the maw won't move away from their spawnpoints.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 16, 2014 07:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 127       
@Mooseguy

Hmm. I'll see what I can do, but, anything graphics-related isn't a strong point of mine.

@Maiku

That should be something I can fix. Once I get all the tags installed, I'll see what is causing them to stay in place.

Update: I added SuperSunny's Assault Rifle multipurpose texture fix. So, the Assault Rifle should now have a little shine to it.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 16, 2014 at 07:47 PM


Ki11erFTW
Joined: Jul 4, 2009

You've seen nothing yet.


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 02:34 AM    Msg. 5 of 127       
It'd be nice if you could fix things like the jackal shields. Maybe if you contact Waffles he can send you over proper animated versions of the shields and the covenant dropship energy tendrils.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Sep 17, 2014 at 02:35 AM


ChieftainSnipe
Joined: Jul 14, 2013

Flyin' High


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 05:49 AM    Msg. 6 of 127       
Switches (e.g elevator/bridge/blast door switches in A30, B30, B40, C10, and so on only display one half (two parts of three) when in the original Halo PC campaign, they display 3 parts of the hologram panel.

Also, in B40, and C40, the colour of the interior hallway (tunnels) whatever you call it, glass is multicoloured when in the original PC & Xbox campaign, the glass is a dark gray colour.

And, in A30, when cortana says "We need to find the other two lifeboats" there is only one nav point arrow when supposedly it was two arrows. And the "Our last lifeboat is in the mountains near a rockslide". or whatever, is missing when Master Chief saves two sets of lifeboat survivors.

And material effects of objects/scenery objects are bugged when you shoot your weapon at it.
- Tri covenant crates coupled as singular covenant crates (Found in C10 onwards) when shot at comes out as dirt (supposedly metal sparks)
- Some wood trees sticking out from the walls come out as dirt (supposedly wood chips)
- Overshield powerups when shot at comes out as dirt (supposedly something like reflection from a light bridge or light shield).

Yeah like Ki11erFTW said, fix jackal shields that match their ranks.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 09:31 AM    Msg. 7 of 127       
@Ki11erFTW

I'll send Waffles a PM and see if I can get the proper shields.

@ChieftanSnipe

Thank you for the list of issues. I'll get to work fixing those.

Also, does anyone have any tips on getting AI to throw grenades? No matter what I do, i just can't get it to work. Even in my other project, i could never get it working quite right. I copied values for the Grunts from the CMT actor_variant tags, but, they just don't seem to throw, from my testing.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 10:08 AM    Msg. 8 of 127       
It's the extraction that is broken, they don't have the right velocities and so they never can calculate a safe throw.


Flash44x
Joined: Jan 3, 2007

What would you have your arbiter do?


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 10:10 AM    Msg. 9 of 127       
You wil need to change the ai's grenade velocity to something like 7 or 8 for a grunt. For some reason hek+ corrupts the AI Grenade parameters.

^^
Edited by Flash44x on Sep 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 11:11 AM    Msg. 10 of 127       
@Masters1337 & Flash44x

Thanks for the info. Grunts now throw grenades. What velocity should I use for SpecOps Elites so they will throw like they normally do in the campaign? Would the velocity for the Marines be the same as the Grunts?

Where do I get the scripts for all of the campaign missions? I have yet to find where to get them from.

Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 12:19 PM    Msg. 11 of 127       
You don't need the scripts, the script conversions are fine, but you can always look up Zteam Campaign scripts. I think the elites use like 12 or 14 later in the game.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 12:33 PM    Msg. 12 of 127       
@Masters1337

Alright, thank you for the info on the scripts. For the Elites, I settled for a velocity of 13, since it comes between 12 and 14.

@Zetren

I'll do my best on it. I want to see it fixed as much as you do.

Some of the issues found in the old port seemed to be already fixed by the updated tags I downloaded. For example, the Overshield seems to already have the proper material effects. I am already nearing my first release for the fixed campaign. a10 seems to not have that many issues, and what issues it did have I have mostly fixed. So, once I get a fix for the stationary shields and set the proper velocity for Marine grenade throwing, I can release a10. Does anyone have any tips on where to find a fix for the stationary shields?

Update: Poll time. Do you guys think I should fix Zealot Elites with Plasma Rifles not being able to use melee attacks, as well as Marines with Plasma Rifles not being able to crouch? Also, Marines now throw grenades. They use a velocity of 8.

Update 2: How do I get rid of the constant glow of the Sentinel shields?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 01:19 PM


Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-
Joined: Feb 24, 2007


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 02:15 PM    Msg. 13 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

@Masters1337

Alright, thank you for the info on the scripts. For the Elites, I settled for a velocity of 13, since it comes between 12 and 14.

@Zetren

I'll do my best on it. I want to see it fixed as much as you do.

Some of the issues found in the old port seemed to be already fixed by the updated tags I downloaded. For example, the Overshield seems to already have the proper material effects. I am already nearing my first release for the fixed campaign. a10 seems to not have that many issues, and what issues it did have I have mostly fixed. So, once I get a fix for the stationary shields and set the proper velocity for Marine grenade throwing, I can release a10. Does anyone have any tips on where to find a fix for the stationary shields?

Update: Poll time. Do you guys think I should fix Zealot Elites with Plasma Rifles not being able to use melee attacks, as well as Marines with Plasma Rifles not being able to crouch? Also, Marines now throw grenades. They use a velocity of 8.

Update 2: How do I get rid of the constant glow of the Sentinel shields?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 01:19 PM


Probably green channel of the multi.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 02:26 PM    Msg. 14 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

@Masters1337

Alright, thank you for the info on the scripts. For the Elites, I settled for a velocity of 13, since it comes between 12 and 14.

@Zetren

I'll do my best on it. I want to see it fixed as much as you do.

Some of the issues found in the old port seemed to be already fixed by the updated tags I downloaded. For example, the Overshield seems to already have the proper material effects. I am already nearing my first release for the fixed campaign. a10 seems to not have that many issues, and what issues it did have I have mostly fixed. So, once I get a fix for the stationary shields and set the proper velocity for Marine grenade throwing, I can release a10. Does anyone have any tips on where to find a fix for the stationary shields?

Update: Poll time. Do you guys think I should fix Zealot Elites with Plasma Rifles not being able to use melee attacks, as well as Marines with Plasma Rifles not being able to crouch? Also, Marines now throw grenades. They use a velocity of 8.

Update 2: How do I get rid of the constant glow of the Sentinel shields?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 01:19 PM


Probably green channel of the multi.


How do I edit the bitmaps? As in how to decompile the tag so it can be editted? And when I say "glow", I mean the shields of the sentinel being constantly visible
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 05:59 PM


WWLinkMasterX
Joined: Mar 29, 2009

subliminal message.


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 04:24 PM    Msg. 15 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Retarded black-bordered lightning in the Library and The Maw.


As well as on the electricity in 343 Guilty Spark.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 17, 2014 05:01 PM    Msg. 16 of 127       
Figured out the issue for the pelican, which was model related. Now, I need to find out if the shields for the sentinels being constantly visible is bitmap related, as previously stated, or something else (I ask because I may have not communicated the issue correctly).

Update: It seems alot of the issues you guys have posted are already fixed by the updated tags I got. The forerunner control panels have all 3 sections. The glass in b40 is not discolored. The lighting on The Maw seems alright (haven't tested The Library yet). I'll keep looking for issues, and you guys keep posting, but, at this rate, I maybe able to get a release out soon. Could those who have posted known issues show me screenshots of these issue so I have something to compare too?

Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 05:43 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 06:01 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 17, 2014 at 07:15 PM


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

Tatsumaki best waifu


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 06:19 AM    Msg. 17 of 127       
I solved the Sentinel shield bug, but I don't know if there's a quicker/easier method:

open the gbxmodel with Kornman00, scroll down to "Geometry", duplicate the gemoetry block, and delete the part that uses the shield shader. Then, scroll up to "Permutations", duplicate the permutation, and make it use the geometry you just created. Also, rename it "~shield_off" and check "cannot be chosen randomly". Do the same with the collision_gemoetry tag, and you should be done

Also, Teh Lag released a replica of the Xbox Jackal Shields, you can find them here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=37886&start=36


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 07:45 AM    Msg. 18 of 127       
I remember Waffles having a bunch of fixed/improved shader stuff. If you ever get in touch with him make sure you ask about those.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 01:27 PM    Msg. 19 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I solved the Sentinel shield bug, but I don't know if there's a quicker/easier method:

open the gbxmodel with Kornman00, scroll down to "Geometry", duplicate the gemoetry block, and delete the part that uses the shield shader. Then, scroll up to "Permutations", duplicate the permutation, and make it use the geometry you just created. Also, rename it "~shield_off" and check "cannot be chosen randomly". Do the same with the collision_gemoetry tag, and you should be done

Also, Teh Lag released a replica of the Xbox Jackal Shields, you can find them here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=37886&start=36


I opened the gbxmodel, and I have a question. I have 5 geometry parts (0-4), which part am I suppose to duplicate and delete from (because they all almost identical content)?

Update: Jackal Shields are now colored. I had to create a second model for Jackal Majors in order for them to use the Orange shield. Also, I am going to try to add the shield turning red when damaged.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 03:17 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 03:20 PM


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

Tatsumaki best waifu


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 03:44 PM    Msg. 20 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I solved the Sentinel shield bug, but I don't know if there's a quicker/easier method:

open the gbxmodel with Kornman00, scroll down to "Geometry", duplicate the gemoetry block, and delete the part that uses the shield shader. Then, scroll up to "Permutations", duplicate the permutation, and make it use the geometry you just created. Also, rename it "~shield_off" and check "cannot be chosen randomly". Do the same with the collision_gemoetry tag, and you should be done

Also, Teh Lag released a replica of the Xbox Jackal Shields, you can find them here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=37886&start=36


I opened the gbxmodel, and I have a question. I have 5 geometry parts (0-4), which part am I suppose to duplicate and delete from (because they all almost identical content)?

Update: Jackal Shields are now colored. I had to create a second model for Jackal Majors in order for them to use the Orange shield. Also, I am going to try to add the shield turning red when damaged.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 03:17 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 03:20 PM


That's because it uses LODs. Each gemoetry part is a LOD, so you should duplicate each one and do what I said. Just to be sure, here is a little scheme:



Also, for the Jackal Shield, Lag's versions can turn red when damaged, if they don't already you need to set up biped functions correctly. See how he set up his Jackal bipeds


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 04:03 PM    Msg. 21 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I solved the Sentinel shield bug, but I don't know if there's a quicker/easier method:

open the gbxmodel with Kornman00, scroll down to "Geometry", duplicate the gemoetry block, and delete the part that uses the shield shader. Then, scroll up to "Permutations", duplicate the permutation, and make it use the geometry you just created. Also, rename it "~shield_off" and check "cannot be chosen randomly". Do the same with the collision_gemoetry tag, and you should be done

Also, Teh Lag released a replica of the Xbox Jackal Shields, you can find them here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=37886&start=36


I opened the gbxmodel, and I have a question. I have 5 geometry parts (0-4), which part am I suppose to duplicate and delete from (because they all almost identical content)?

Update: Jackal Shields are now colored. I had to create a second model for Jackal Majors in order for them to use the Orange shield. Also, I am going to try to add the shield turning red when damaged.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 03:17 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 03:20 PM


That's because it uses LODs. Each gemoetry part is a LOD, so you should duplicate each one and do what I said. Just to be sure, here is a little scheme:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/20syn1w.jpg

Also, for the Jackal Shield, Lag's versions can turn red when damaged, if they don't already you need to set up biped functions correctly. See how he set up his Jackal bipeds


Alright, thank you for clarifying on the Sentinel shields.

Also, I figure out the Jackal shield damage on my own. Initially when using Lag's tags, they were turning invisible. Then I took a closer look at the biped setup for Lag's tags, and transferred the appropriate settings over. But, thank you for the info anyway.

Now, all I need for the a10 release is get the stationary shields to turn red when damaged, and I'm not seeing the appropriate shaders and bitmaps in my files. Where would I get those from?

Edit: I guess there is something I'm not quite understanding. When you say delete the shield shader, do you mean from the original geometry parts or the duplicated ones? And how am I suppose to do the same for the collision geometry if the same options aren't there? Was I also suppose to check "_base" as "cannot be chosen randomly "?

Edit 2: It seems to work only when the sit still.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 04:07 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 04:47 PM


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

Tatsumaki best waifu


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 05:19 PM    Msg. 22 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
I guess there is something I'm not quite understanding. When you say delete the shield shader, do you mean from the original geometry parts or the duplicated ones? And how am I suppose to do the same for the collision geometry if the same options aren't there? Was I also suppose to check "_base" as "cannot be chosen randomly "?

Edit 2: It seems to work only when the sit still.


You should delete the part with the shield shader in the duplicated geometries. As for the "cannot be chosen randomly" flag, the "_base" permutation must be unchecked, while the "~shield_off" one must be checked.

The collision_gemoetry is set up in the same way as the gbxmodel, with the only exception that it doesn't have LODs. So, scroll down where it says "regions" and duplicate each permutation fo each region. Call each copy "~shield_off", and check the "dies when object dies" and "disappears when shield is off" flags


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 05:46 PM    Msg. 23 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
I guess there is something I'm not quite understanding. When you say delete the shield shader, do you mean from the original geometry parts or the duplicated ones? And how am I suppose to do the same for the collision geometry if the same options aren't there? Was I also suppose to check "_base" as "cannot be chosen randomly "?

Edit 2: It seems to work only when the sit still.


You should delete the part with the shield shader in the duplicated geometries. As for the "cannot be chosen randomly" flag, the "_base" permutation must be unchecked, while the "~shield_off" one must be checked.

The collision_gemoetry is set up in the same way as the gbxmodel, with the only exception that it doesn't have LODs. So, scroll down where it says "regions" and duplicate each permutation fo each region. Call each copy "~shield_off", and check the "dies when object dies" and "disappears when shield is off" flags


Even after I did every step you have provided, it seems the shields just won't go away. Could you provide screen shots of what it should be set up like? I feel like I did everything you told me, but, I'm not getting results. And there was only one region, by the way.

Also, the Energy Sword used by Zealots has an issue where the farther you are from it, the bigger the bloom it produces. It gets to the point where it almost engulfs the whole Elite. Where should I look to fix this issue?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 05:50 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 18, 2014 at 08:15 PM


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 09:20 PM    Msg. 24 of 127       
The glow tags


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 18, 2014 10:07 PM    Msg. 25 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The glow tags


Now I just feel stupid. But, anyways, thank you for pointing the way. Now, so far, there are a few issues to resolve, from my testing so far;

1. Chief among these is the sentinel shield bug. I just need SOI 7 to provide screenshots of the fix in Guerilla, and that problem can be fixed.

2. Though Jackals have colored shields, I want to adjust them to look like they did in the Xbox version of Halo. I tried looking up screenshots, but, nothing useful came up. Could someone provide screenshots of what the shields look like on the Xbox.

3. While stationary shields have the proper color, they don't change color when taking damage. Can someone point me to some tags that provide this? Done
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 19, 2014 at 04:24 PM


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

Tatsumaki best waifu


Posted: Sep 19, 2014 06:04 AM    Msg. 26 of 127       
Here you go. This is how the gbxmodel and the collisions should be set up:







And just to be sure:



I found also a screenshot of the xbox Jackals:



And about the stationary shields, I did a working stationary shield with color changing a while ago. It doesn't look like the xbox version, but you can check how I made it change color when damaged: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb0y2qrkitj1cl5/SOI_tags_update.rar?m

I found also an xbox original walkthrough, it could help you as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wFlgahJqDw

It seems that in the xbox version the first weapon you get is the AR and not the pistol, that's something I never knew before
Edited by SOI_7 on Sep 19, 2014 at 06:10 AM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 19, 2014 09:19 AM    Msg. 27 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

Here you go. This is how the gbxmodel and the collisions should be set up:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/3g96t.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/91a437.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/ixqbfm.jpg

And just to be sure:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/156xrnr.jpg

I found also a screenshot of the xbox Jackals:

http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/halo-1-screenshot-covenant.jpg

And about the stationary shields, I did a working stationary shield with color changing a while ago. It doesn't look like the xbox version, but you can check how I made it change color when damaged: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb0y2qrkitj1cl5/SOI_tags_update.rar?m

I found also an xbox original walkthrough, it could help you as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wFlgahJqDw

It seems that in the xbox version the first weapon you get is the AR and not the pistol, that's something I never knew before
Edited by SOI_7 on Sep 19, 2014 at 06:10 AM


That's how I have it set up. Though I noticed in the pic that for the biped, you have a different model selected. Would that have an impact on the issue?

Thank you for the picture of the Jackal Shield and the stationary shield tags.

I played the Xbox version a long time ago, and you do start out with the pistol. I think what they showed was a demo, because I heard it mentioned somewhere.

Update: I am uploading a10 to my Onedrive. Once it is done uploading, I will post a link on this post and the OP. Provide feedback, as this is my first release. I recommend playing once on Easy/Normal, and once on Heroic/Legendary.

Update 2: Here is the link to download the map.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=41DF5C16DBA4CA20%21103

I forgot to zip the file, so, I will reupload it in a zip file later.

Update 3: Going to upload a zipped version of the file now.

Update 4: zipped file uploaded. If your download of the .map file got cut off, that's because I deleted it after the zipped file was done uploading. Sorry if I cut your download short. Just download the zipped file, it will go much faster.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 19, 2014 at 05:34 PM


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Sep 19, 2014 09:12 PM    Msg. 28 of 127       
You should use Lumoria's HD Halo 1 HUD.
It's a lot cleaner and less rigid compared to the original one.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 19, 2014 09:25 PM    Msg. 29 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
You should use Lumoria's HD Halo 1 HUD.
It's a lot cleaner and less rigid compared to the original one.



I didn't even realize Lumoria had such a thing, and I play it. I'll considered it. Could you provide a couple of screenshots so i can compare the stock hud and hd hud? Also, what is your opinion of a10 as it is now (besides the hud, of course?

Once i am happy with the Jackal shields, i will upload a30, assuming no issues pop up in a10 that could affect a30 as well.

Update: Uploading a30 now.

Update 2: a30 is uploaded. Going to upload a50 once I get the proper glow sizes for the Energy Sword. Man, this is moving along fast. Though progress will probably stop at b40, until I can get the Sentinel shields fixed.

@SOI 7

Check the reply I made to your last post. There is aa question I have regarding the Sentinel model you selected for your biped in the screenshots.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 12:47 PM    Msg. 30 of 127       
I'm getting weird sounds in A30 before Echo 419 lands to drop the Warthog.
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 20, 2014 at 12:58 PM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 01:08 PM    Msg. 31 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

I'm getting weird sounds in A30 before Echo 419 lands to drop the Warthog.
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 20, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I didn't hear any during my test, but, I'll check again to be swure I didn't miss anything.

Update: Still didn't hear anything. What did it sound like? Did it sound like a rodent squealing? If so, then that's just a random audio bug that seems to happen, even in the original Xbox release of the game.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 01:32 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 01:34 PM


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 01:33 PM    Msg. 32 of 127       
I went to that part again using "game_speed 2" and the medusa cheat code but this time I didn't hear those sounds :/ The only difference now (apart from commands) was that I was using OS

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Update: Still didn't hear anything. What did it sound like?

Like when you have a corrupted "sounds.map" file but just with a certain sound, not all of them.

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Update: Still didn't hear anything. What did it sound like? Did it sound like a rodent squealing? If so, then that's just a random audio bug that seems to happen, even in the original Xbox release of the game.

Welp...
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 20, 2014 at 01:37 PM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 01:35 PM    Msg. 33 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

I went to that part again using "game_speed 2" and the medusa cheat code but this time I didn't hear those sounds :/ The only difference now (apart from commands) was that I was using OS

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Update: Still didn't hear anything. What did it sound like?

Like when you have a corrupted "sounds.map" file.
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 20, 2014 at 01:34 PM


Read my edited post, which may explain the issue.

Edit: OS, huh? Well, I know for some reason, the scenario tags that I got require to be compiled with Open Sauce. Try again without OS and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Edit 2: Even without OS, I couldn't hear any odd noises. Maybe it was just the audio bug I mention.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 01:38 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 01:40 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 01:50 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 01:58 PM


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 02:06 PM    Msg. 34 of 127       
Well, I tried again without OS and...

Bad video quality cuz my upload speed sux.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 02:38 PM    Msg. 35 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Well, I tried again without OS and...

Bad video quality cuz my upload speed sux.


Hmm. I defiantly did not hear that during my test, even without OS. Weird. I'll try using a different, non-OS scenario file.

Update: Try the new map file. Used a recent, non-OS scenario file, and compiled with regular tool. See if that fixes the issue. Also, you didn't encounter this issue during a10, right?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 02:59 PM

 
Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Mon December 17, 2018 6:10 AM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website