A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Fixing Renamon's Halo CE Campaign port

Page 2 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Fixing Renamon's Halo CE Campaign port (127 messages, Page 2 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 03:24 PM    Msg. 36 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Well, I tried again without OS and...

Bad video quality cuz my upload speed sux.


Hmm. I defiantly did not hear that during my test, even without OS. Weird. I'll try using a different, non-OS scenario file.

Update: Try the new map file. Used a recent, non-OS scenario file, and compiled with regular tool. See if that fixes the issue. Also, you didn't encounter this issue during a10, right?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 02:59 PM

Everything went well this time. I didn't hear anything weird in a10.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 03:28 PM    Msg. 37 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Well, I tried again without OS and...

Bad video quality cuz my upload speed sux.


Hmm. I defiantly did not hear that during my test, even without OS. Weird. I'll try using a different, non-OS scenario file.

Update: Try the new map file. Used a recent, non-OS scenario file, and compiled with regular tool. See if that fixes the issue. Also, you didn't encounter this issue during a10, right?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 02:59 PM

Everything went well this time. I didn't hear anything weird in a10.


Alright. Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to compile of build of a50 and test. Should be uploaded later today.

Update: a50 uploaded.

Update 2: I just noticed that the shuttle bay plasma door doesn't turn off when deactivated (appearance wise). Does anyone have a good bay door off shader?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 03:59 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 04:00 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 05:05 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 05:10 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 05:21 PM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 09:21 PM    Msg. 38 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
Those mofo transparent generic shaders! Its just not possible to fully recreate them without better shaders or just fixing the actual shader tag that was used on the Xbox. I only ever managed to fake the animation, it just wasnt possible to create a transition to the damaged/hit state. Aside from that the other issues i ran into were parts of BSP that used the shader where my "method" wouldnt work.

I did a crap ton of stuff that just didnt have enough interest at the time so i just dropped it. The engine just isnt the same as it was on the Xbox. Most of it is on the rendering side of things, but some of it was just laziness (how do you miss the multipurpose map for the main weapons you see through-out the game?!).


Well, i do have something for shield damage now since i sent that PM. But, do you happen to have anything for the shuttle bay door shield when its deactivated? I know CMT has one that has an off shader, but, it doesn't fit the shield used in the default a50.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 09:22 PM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 09:53 PM    Msg. 39 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles

Getting it to shift isnt the problem, its the transition.
http://imageshack.us/a/img832/5966/xboxshieldshaders.gif
Edited by Waffles on Sep 20, 2014 at 09:33 PM


What would it look like on the Xbox, just so I know what the difference is? Also, what about the Shuttle Bay Door on a50?


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 20, 2014 10:09 PM    Msg. 40 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
My method just switches to different textures when the function gets triggered. The Xbox utilizes a shader that would just modify the same textures scaling/colors/speed/etc, its done realtime. I also never got far enough to do the much with the shield doors, I only tinkered with the look--not fixing the off function.


Alright, thank you for the info on the shields. Well, I guess you just got to work with what you have. I hope I can get the shuttle bay door fixed. The Jackal and Stationary shields are as good as they are going to get.


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

Tatsumaki best waifu


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 08:48 AM    Msg. 41 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
@SOI 7

Check the reply I made to your last post. There is aa question I have regarding the Sentinel model you selected for your biped in the screenshots.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM


Sorry, I didn't see it. Anyway, the model I was using is literally the same of Halo 1, with just different shaders, so that's not the problem... at least to me


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 12:30 PM    Msg. 42 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
@SOI 7

Check the reply I made to your last post. There is aa question I have regarding the Sentinel model you selected for your biped in the screenshots.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM


Sorry, I didn't see it. Anyway, the model I was using is literally the same of Halo 1, with just different shaders, so that's not the problem... at least to me


Its alright. I finally have a working solution. First, I took a look at the sentinel shield shader. It is scaled by A Out on the biped. Then, I looked at the biped. Its A Out (shield glow source) is scaled by A In (recent shield damage). I then added a B In as Shield Vitality. Then I set A Out to scale by B In. Now, this works without the model edits, so, I went back to the default gbxmodel and model collision files.


SOI_7
Joined: Mar 23, 2012

Tatsumaki best waifu


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 01:01 PM    Msg. 43 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
@SOI 7

Check the reply I made to your last post. There is aa question I have regarding the Sentinel model you selected for your biped in the screenshots.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM


Sorry, I didn't see it. Anyway, the model I was using is literally the same of Halo 1, with just different shaders, so that's not the problem... at least to me


Its alright. I finally have a working solution. First, I took a look at the sentinel shield shader. It is scaled by A Out on the biped. Then, I looked at the biped. Its A Out (shield glow source) is scaled by A In (recent shield damage). I then added a B In as Shield Vitality. Then I set A Out to scale by B In. Now, this works without the model edits, so, I went back to the default gbxmodel and model collision files.


Awesome to hear, for some strange reason that never worked to me, that's why I had to mess up with the model


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 01:48 PM    Msg. 44 of 127       
B30 uploaded.

Update: There seems to be an issue with the Scorpion HUD where all the passenger health bars are overlapping. Any idea on how to fix this?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 03:33 PM


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 04:22 PM    Msg. 45 of 127       
Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?



Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 21, 2014 at 04:31 PM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 04:28 PM    Msg. 46 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?


http://i.imgur.com/3oMSLWI.jpg


Not sure. Never seen that happen before.


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 04:31 PM    Msg. 47 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?


http://i.imgur.com/3oMSLWI.jpg


Not sure. Never seen that happen before.

He's still holding the pistol, but the player can't pick it up (or its ammo).

Also, I'm getting a weird sound in the same part of A30... but this time it's different, it sounds like if someone was shooting with a needler. I think it comes from the Pelican. In my video, as you can see (or hear, actually), the sound is stronger when the Pelican is closer.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 04:35 PM    Msg. 48 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?


http://i.imgur.com/3oMSLWI.jpg


Not sure. Never seen that happen before.

He's still holding the pistol, but the player can't pick it up (or its ammo).

Also, I'm getting a weird sound in the same part of A30... but this time it's different, it sounds like if someone was shooting with a needler. I think it comes from the Pelican. In my video, as you can see (or hear, actually), the sound is stronger when the Pelican is closer.


I'll look into it. The Pelican has been very frustrating. Espcially since i'm not hearing anything abnormal on my end.


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 04:40 PM    Msg. 49 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?


http://i.imgur.com/3oMSLWI.jpg


Not sure. Never seen that happen before.

He's still holding the pistol, but the player can't pick it up (or its ammo).

Also, I'm getting a weird sound in the same part of A30... but this time it's different, it sounds like if someone was shooting with a needler. I think it comes from the Pelican. In my video, as you can see (or hear, actually), the sound is stronger when the Pelican is closer.


I'll look into it. The Pelican has been very frustrating. Espcially since i'm not hearing anything abnormal on my end.

I was using OS this time. When I loaded the chekpoint to try again and record it, the sound disappeared. It doesn't occur everytime, it seems.

Has someone else heard it? It may be something to do with my game, although my sounds.map file is from the original English version of the game, so I don't know...

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?


http://i.imgur.com/3oMSLWI.jpg
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 21, 2014 at 04:31 PM


Can you share your SweetFX profile with us? Looks good.


These are the settings I use for Halo: https://www.mediafire.com/?15mya6g7w52smxk
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 21, 2014 at 04:43 PM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 05:19 PM    Msg. 50 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?


http://i.imgur.com/3oMSLWI.jpg


Not sure. Never seen that happen before.

He's still holding the pistol, but the player can't pick it up (or its ammo).

Also, I'm getting a weird sound in the same part of A30... but this time it's different, it sounds like if someone was shooting with a needler. I think it comes from the Pelican. In my video, as you can see (or hear, actually), the sound is stronger when the Pelican is closer.


I'll look into it. The Pelican has been very frustrating. Espcially since i'm not hearing anything abnormal on my end.

I was using OS this time. When I loaded the chekpoint to try again and record it, the sound disappeared. It doesn't occur everytime, it seems.

Has someone else heard it? It may be something to do with my game, although my sounds.map file is from the original English version of the game, so I don't know...

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?


http://i.imgur.com/3oMSLWI.jpg
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 21, 2014 at 04:31 PM


Can you share your SweetFX profile with us? Looks good.


These are the settings I use for Halo: https://www.mediafire.com/?15mya6g7w52smxk
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 21, 2014 at 04:43 PM


I don't know what to say or do. I listened very closely to the Pelicans, and I got nothing. What operating system do you use, and, if Vista or later, do you use things like Creative Alchemy to restore hardware accelerated sound effects?


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 05:26 PM    Msg. 51 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
I don't know what to say or do. I listened very closely to the Pelicans, and I got nothing. What operating system do you use, and, if Vista or later, do you use things like Creative Alchemy to restore hardware accelerated sound effects?

Windows 8.1, Halo v1.09. I use OS, HAC 2, SweetFX and nothing else.

Also, this.
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 21, 2014 at 05:26 PM


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 05:28 PM    Msg. 52 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

Uhm, I accidentaly killed this guy but he didn't "drop" his weapon... is this normal?


http://i.imgur.com/3oMSLWI.jpg
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 21, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Check your scripting for "unit_doesnt_drop_items" being applied to the biped in question.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 05:38 PM    Msg. 53 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
I don't know what to say or do. I listened very closely to the Pelicans, and I got nothing. What operating system do you use, and, if Vista or later, do you use things like Creative Alchemy to restore hardware accelerated sound effects?

Windows 8.1, Halo v1.09. I use OS, HAC 2, SweetFX and nothing else.

Also, this.
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 21, 2014 at 05:26 PM


Edit: Oh, see if the updated a30 fixes that (updated scripts). I'll post an update when a30 is uploaded.

Update: Reuploading a30-b30 with slightly updated tags and, in the case of a30, scripts. Never touched the scripts, but, I compiled Zteam's scripts into the level just to be safe.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 05:46 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 06:00 PM


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:00 PM    Msg. 54 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
That video is set to private. I can't watch it.

Woops... fixed it.

I often hear weird sounds when a Pelican is close, not only on A30 now, I can hear some in A50 too.

Also, this looks like a corrupted bitmaps.map, but mine is just fine... usually when you have a corrupted bitmaps.map ALL textures look this way.



austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:01 PM    Msg. 55 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
That video is set to private. I can't watch it.

Woops... fixed it.

I often hear weird sounds when a Pelican is close, not only on A30 now, I can hear some in A50 too.

Also, this looks like a corrupted bitmaps.map, but mine is just fine... usually when you have a corrupted bitmaps.map ALL textures look this way.

http://i.imgur.com/ZUBZQsY.jpg


That didn't happen to me, last I checked.


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:03 PM    Msg. 56 of 127       
y dose dis hapen to meh :(

These are the only maps where I see that kind of bugs.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:07 PM    Msg. 57 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
y dose dis hapen to meh :(

These are the only maps where I see that kind of bugs.


I have no idea. I checked, and the textures on the Wraith are fine on my end. I have no honest idea whats going, and I feel bad about it. Would someone else please say if they are encountering these issues or not? Maybe uploading to One Drive was a mistake.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 06:08 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 06:09 PM


RabbitFood
Joined: Aug 9, 2014

tripping a path through an internship


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:08 PM    Msg. 58 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
y dose dis hapen to meh :(

These are the only maps where I see that kind of bugs.


Because you've made your mistakes
You've got nowhere to run
The night goes on
As you're fading away
You're sick of that life
You just wanna scream
Why does this happen to me?

#improvisedlyrics
Edited by RabbitFood on Sep 21, 2014 at 06:08 PM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:21 PM    Msg. 59 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
y dose dis hapen to meh :(

These are the only maps where I see that kind of bugs.


Perhaps HAC2 is causing the issues? Or SweetFX? Because I use neither of those. Also, what are the file sizes of my maps on your end?

Update: All the updated maps uploaded. Can anyone please say if the are having the same issues as Danger_zone_98 has or not? It would really be helpful.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 06:24 PM


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:29 PM    Msg. 60 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
y dose dis hapen to meh :(

These are the only maps where I see that kind of bugs.


Perhaps HAC2 is causing the issues? Or SweetFX? Because I use neither of those. Also, what are the file sizes of my maps on your end?

I don't know about HAC 2, but SweetFX just applies some basic shaders to the game, nothing as complex as Open Sauce.

These are the sizes:



austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:41 PM    Msg. 61 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
y dose dis hapen to meh :(

These are the only maps where I see that kind of bugs.


Perhaps HAC2 is causing the issues? Or SweetFX? Because I use neither of those. Also, what are the file sizes of my maps on your end?

I don't know about HAC 2, but SweetFX just applies some basic shaders to the game, nothing as complex as Open Sauce.

These are the sizes:

http://i.imgur.com/5WUeI5D.png


Hmm. Odd. The file sizes seem correct. I have no idea what the issue is, then. This frustrates me to no end, because I just figure out how I can help.

Edit: What is the dates on your bitmaps.map and sound.map files. I think mine were altered without my knowledge.

Edit 2: I think I might have figured out the issue. With my other project not long ago, I was using the store resources command in OS_tool. I think that might be impacting the issue.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 06:42 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 06:47 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 21, 2014 at 06:52 PM


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:53 PM    Msg. 62 of 127       
04/17/2004 for bitmaps and sounds.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 06:58 PM    Msg. 63 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
04/17/2004 for bitmaps and sounds.


Big oopsy on my part. Could you upload those files somewhere so I can fix the issues you are having. I am very sorry about that.


Danger_zone_98
Joined: Nov 26, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 07:03 PM    Msg. 64 of 127       
Fortunately I uploaded both files some days ago because some people wouldn't stop saying that the maps they were playing looked bad, and I was tired of telling them to use the English version of the game :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qagki529d9cq6uh/bitmaps.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/92ba3346g8rc2ca/sounds.rar


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 21, 2014 07:17 PM    Msg. 65 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Fortunately I uploaded both files some days ago because some people wouldn't stop saying that the maps they were playing looked bad, and I was tired of telling them to use the English version of the game :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qagki529d9cq6uh/bitmaps.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/92ba3346g8rc2ca/sounds.rar


Alright, thank you. As my family decided to go into town at the spur of a moment, i'll get those downloaded as soon as I get home, recompile all maps, and reupload them.

Update: I was out longer than i thought i would be. I'll get everything updated tomorrow. Until then, avoid downloading any of the exisiting maps. a10 is a possible exception, as it none of the affected assets are in that level (though i will update it, just to be safe). After that, i just need to get the Scorpion hud fixed, and I can release b40. The issue is all of the passenger health bars are overlapping. What controls positioning of hud elements?
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:12 AM


stunt_man
Joined: Sep 22, 2009

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!


Posted: Sep 22, 2014 12:25 AM    Msg. 66 of 127       
I started playing through a10. I noticed that at the end of the first cutscene (the shot where masterchief is climbing out of the cryo tank) the music that was playing cuts off, and it plays another track. Not sure if this is normal, but it seemed a little unnatural to cut off like that when the camera changed.

Also, during the second cutscene, listen to the music, it seems to play two songs at once at the beginning.

I'm going to keep playing and pointing out anything else I notice.

Have you considered restoring the H1 Xbox health/shield bar? With the more-square health blocks?

EDIT 1: The health pack right after the first encounter (cafeteria) is lying on the floor, it's supposed to be on the wall.

EDIT 2: Seems all health packs that are supposed to be on the walls are lying on the floor.

EDIT 3: The ring shader is missing its specular map. Also in the last cutscene, the glass shader on the escape pod renders before (in front of) the heat effect shader.

EDIT 4: In a30, the pause after the escape pod crashes isn't long enough (transition between first cutscene and gameplay). Also in a30, right as the player triggers Cortana saying "Warning, covenant dropships inbound" or something like that, music is supposed to start playing, but no music plays).

I'm done for tonight, I'll resume my playthrough tomorrow (if I'm not too busy with Destiny :P). It seems you are striving for accuracy to the Xbox campaign. I'll try my best to point out any differences I notice, I've been waiting awhile for a campaign restoration.

PS: Good work on the stationary shield damage effect, looks great. Now you have to fix the Covenant dropship energy shader and you'll be better than Gearbox :P
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:57 AM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 22, 2014 10:20 AM    Msg. 67 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man

I started playing through a10. I noticed that at the end of the first cutscene (the shot where masterchief is climbing out of the cryo tank) the music that was playing cuts off, and it plays another track. Not sure if this is normal, but it seemed a little unnatural to cut off like that when the camera changed.

Also, during the second cutscene, listen to the music, it seems to play two songs at once at the beginning.

I'm going to keep playing and pointing out anything else I notice.

Have you considered restoring the H1 Xbox health/shield bar? With the more-square health blocks?

EDIT 1: The health pack right after the first encounter (cafeteria) is lying on the floor, it's supposed to be on the wall.

EDIT 2: Seems all health packs that are supposed to be on the walls are lying on the floor.

EDIT 3: The ring shader is missing its specular map. Also in the last cutscene, the glass shader on the escape pod renders before (in front of) the heat effect shader.

EDIT 4: In a30, the pause after the escape pod crashes isn't long enough (transition between first cutscene and gameplay). Also in a30, right as the player triggers Cortana saying "Warning, covenant dropships inbound" or something like that, music is supposed to start playing, but no music plays).

I'm done for tonight, I'll resume my playthrough tomorrow (if I'm not too busy with Destiny :P). It seems you are striving for accuracy to the Xbox campaign. I'll try my best to point out any differences I notice, I've been waiting awhile for a campaign restoration.

PS: Good work on the stationary shield damage effect, looks great. Now you have to fix the Covenant dropship energy shader and you'll be better than Gearbox :P
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:57 AM


Thank you for the input. Though the stationary shield damage effects are by SOI 7. I fixed the issue with the health packs on a10. I'll look into the other issues later. I have recompiled all maps with unaltered bitmaps and sounds map files. I'll post an update when the upload is complete.

Update: Maps uploaded. Please redownload if you downloaded prior to today.

Update 2: I forgot to mention I downloaded a shader fix for the ring, which is already included in the current release of a10. I'm going to look into the issue with the escape pod and a couple of issues with a30, though I can't guarantee a fix for all of these issues.

Update 3: Does anyone know how to get it so the passenger health bars for the scorpion so they are in the proper positions. I know it has something to do with the passenger hud files. I tried editing the anchoring, but, that just created a garbled mess.
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Edited by austen1000 on Sep 24, 2014 at 08:08 PM


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 26, 2014 12:54 PM    Msg. 68 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Excellent work man! Much appreciated!


Thanks, Zetren! I'm glad that you like it so far. I should probably get to work on a credits readme or something. Here are the credits so far;

CMT, for the Jackal shields.

SOI 7, for the Stationary Shield damage effects.

Delicon20, for the "Bug Free" Singleplayer tag pack. Despite not being as bug free as advertised, it served as a good base.

Renamon, for the fixed Pelican tags.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Sep 26, 2014 12:58 PM    Msg. 69 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Excellent work man! Much appreciated!


Thanks, Zetren! I'm glad that you like it so far. I should probably get to work on a credits readme or something. Here are the credits so far;

CMT, for the Jackal shields.

SOI 7, for the Stationary Shield damage effects.

Delicon20, for the "Bug Free" Singleplayer tag pack. Despite not being as bug free as advertised, it served as a good base.

Renamon, for the fixed Pelican tags.


Keep it up.


austen1000
Joined: Sep 4, 2012


Posted: Sep 26, 2014 01:22 PM    Msg. 70 of 127       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Excellent work man! Much appreciated!


Thanks, Zetren! I'm glad that you like it so far. I should probably get to work on a credits readme or something. Here are the credits so far;

CMT, for the Jackal shields.

SOI 7, for the Stationary Shield damage effects.

Delicon20, for the "Bug Free" Singleplayer tag pack. Despite not being as bug free as advertised, it served as a good base.

Renamon, for the fixed Pelican tags.


Keep it up.


Thanks, SS Flanker. After doing some testing and getting the placement of the Scorpion HUD right, I shall upload B40.

 
Page 2 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Mon December 17, 2018 6:11 AM 500 ms.
A Halo Maps Website