A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »If you were able to add a function to Guerilla, what would it be?

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: If you were able to add a function to Guerilla, what would it be? (74 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 11:33 PM    Msg. 1 of 74       
I am working on a few programs that require me to load and edit tags in various ways. As such I have been writing a framework to load/display/edit tags. I may decide to use the framework to write a program with more or less the same capabilities of Guerilla. If I do decide to I'd like to do more than just make a knockoff of Guerilla. Anything you guys can think of that you wish were possible with Guerilla may be something I will look into incorporating.

Here's an example to get you guys started:

In normal guerilla you are limited to referencing tags that make sense to use, whether or not you can technically use a different type of tag. You can only reference .projectile tags in the "bullet" section of a weapon tag for example, even though you can legitimately use ANY kind of object there. I placed a biped tag in the bullet section and then hex edited the tag so the tag TYPE it is expecting is a "bipd" instead of a "proj". This compiles just fine in tool and the gun fires bipeds. Now you may be saying,"Yea so what? I can do that with HMT". Well the difference here is that you don't have to edit the map after it's compiled. The tags already work.

I hope to see some cool suggestions, but remember, there isn't a guarantee that I'll make this, just a possibility.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 11:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 74       
effects in the place of sounds or damage effects in keyframes for model animations.. that would be awesome, Also actor variants in effect tags instead of bipeds or other objects... although I doubt any of that would work.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 11:59 PM    Msg. 3 of 74       
I meant other things, like maybe allowing you to display little numbered boxes on a bitmap that show you where the sprites in a sequence are so you can edit them manually in guerilla. Things like that.

EDIT: Also, because of the way I am designing this you will be able to design your own tag specification. Now, this DOES NOT MEAN you can make a new type of tag and halo will be able to use it. Not at all. What it means is if someone were to make, say, a tool to decompile other halo maps into tags then you could write a tag definition for those tags, throw it in the descriptors folder, and then you could load and edit them in this program.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Sep 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 12:01 AM    Msg. 4 of 74       
Well that also sounds good, but I was under the impression you could get stuff into fields the game you would previously get errors from the OP.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 12:19 AM    Msg. 5 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Well that also sounds good, but I was under the impression you could get stuff into fields the game you would previously get errors from the OP.

Try it out if you want to.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ebmqvyef49l0i6/BIPED_GUN.weapon?dl=0

If you resave it with guerilla it'll screw it up and change it back to expecting a projectile. It's just the original pistol with the bullet changed to the original single player biped.

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 01:24 AM    Msg. 6 of 74       
A preview button that, when clicked: allows you to look at a click-rotatable square with whatever shader you wanted to see an ingame-example of applied to it with lighting to see bumpmaps

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 02:57 AM    Msg. 7 of 74       
Buttons which would allow you hide specific blocks of tags. Ability to easily create and use templates for tags. Also a graph or something preview for functions.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 05:40 AM    Msg. 8 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Undo button (srsl why isn't there one in all HEK?) Or... Maybe... more types of grenades?

I doubt it will ever come to fortune but:

1. A model viewer for Max

2. A virtual debugger within gureilla. I.e A 3d window which displays changes to shaders,effects,model permutations, animations and more.

Masters1337

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 05:43 AM    Msg. 9 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Undo button (srsl why isn't there one in all HEK?) Or... Maybe... more types of grenades?

That's more than just a change for the editor, but new grenade types is allowed via OS already.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 10:31 AM    Msg. 10 of 74       
What altis said, and somthing that shows links between regions, permutations and BSP data in collision tags

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 10:36 AM    Msg. 11 of 74       
I would like a burst function to make it easy to set up the battle rifle and a hornet like setting to make that easy to set up
Edited by savinpvtmike on Sep 22, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Alexis

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 11:11 AM    Msg. 12 of 74       
Shader preview would be amazing. Even more so if it was OS compatible.

Possibly converting the shader input values into sliders to aid in tweaking shaders in the above mentioned shader preview.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 11:34 AM    Msg. 13 of 74       
(altis94):I was actually thinking about making it so you could hide certain blocks on tags. A function preview would be pretty friggen useful as well. I'm not sure how I'd do it, but I think it'd not be too hard to implement the ability to save the variables in one block to some kind of .XXXX_XXXX_Block file where the first XXXX is the tag identifier and the second XXXX is the name of the block within the tag. It could be set up so if you want to duplicate that block or copy it to another tag then instead of hitting "add new block" you hit "import new block".

(The Master): What do you mean an undo button? Guerilla already allows you hit Ctrl+z to undo the last thing you did to a field in a tag. Also, guys, think about some of the things you're asking. I can't add more grenades. That'd require Halo to support more of them. I mean, technically I could add an unlimited amount of grenade blocks or any kind of blocks because that's how I've designed my framework, but I will set up limits so it will only let you make however many the engine will support. Please, no requests for me to do things like hacking the engine.

(SS Flanker): What do you mean a model viewer for Max? 3DS Max already has GBXModel importer script by The Ghost that works just fine. A shader preview was something I was thinking about implementing, but it'll require me to get into working with a graphics library and python isn't all that great for that. Same with a 3d model viewer. I want to, but it's definitely something that'll be added much much later.

(savinpvtmike): Not sure what you mean by a burst function or a hornet like setting, please elaborate.

So far these are some really great ideas and I'm glad I decided to ask. Also, because I'm writing this in python anyone will be able to edit it easily and add their own functionality if they are skilled enough in programming.

Super Flanker

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 11:38 AM    Msg. 14 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
(altis94):I was actually thinking about making it so you could hide certain blocks on tags. A function preview would be pretty friggen useful as well. I'm not sure how I'd do it, but I think it'd not be too hard to implement the ability to save the variables in one block to some kind of .XXXX_XXXX_Block file where the first XXXX is the tag identifier and the second XXXX is the name of the block within the tag. It could be set up so if you want to duplicate that block or copy it to another tag then instead of hitting "add new block" you hit "import new block".

(The Master): What do you mean an undo button? Guerilla already allows you hit Ctrl+z to undo the last thing you did to a field in a tag. Also, guys, think about some of the things you're asking. I can't add more grenades. That'd require Halo to support more of them. I mean, technically I could add an unlimited amount of grenade blocks or any kind of blocks because that's how I've designed my framework, but I will set up limits so it will only let you make however many the engine will support. Please, no requests for me to do things like hacking the engine.

(SS Flanker): What do you mean a model viewer for Max? 3DS Max already has GBXModel importer script by The Ghost that works just fine. A shader preview was something I was thinking about implementing, but it'll require me to get into working with a graphics library and python isn't all that great for that. Same with a 3d model viewer. I want to, but it's definitely something that'll be added much much later.

(savinpvtmike): Not sure what you mean by a burst function or a hornet like setting, please elaborate.

So far these are some really great ideas and I'm glad I decided to ask. Also, because I'm writing this in python anyone will be able to edit it easily and add their own functionality if they are skilled enough in programming.

A model viewer would pre-define what your mesh would look like inside the engine.

Something along the lines of Xoulil Shader, but it would have to preview the model as it would look in game.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 01:09 PM    Msg. 15 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
A model viewer would pre-define what your mesh would look like inside the engine.

Something along the lines of Xoulil Shader, but it would have to preview the model as it would look in game.

I won't be making anything that isn't going to be built on this framework. What you're asking for is contained to 3DS Max. If you want something like that then I'm sure you can find a free shader preview plugin for 3DS Max that you can program to emulate Halo's shaders.

altis94

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 02:44 PM    Msg. 16 of 74       
Would it be possible to somehow implement realtime editor like this one? http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45788

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 02:55 PM    Msg. 17 of 74       
Maybe for SOME things like functions, but what his program is doing is hooking into the running executable and editing the variables in memory. That's not something my framework is even remotely set up to do. What my framework is capable of doing is loading tags based on the descriptors I write. That means I am working with tags, not maps or the Halo executable.

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 03:07 PM    Msg. 18 of 74       
How about a bitmap viewer that can be seen right in the shader tag? So we don't have to open a bitmap tag and then click "view bitmap." Even if it were just for the diffuse map, it would at least speed up identifying shaders and would mean less open tags floating around.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 03:29 PM    Msg. 19 of 74       
Ability to have guerilla and sapien run in realtime. I've left both programs open to save on both and losing a bit of work :(

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 03:43 PM    Msg. 20 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Ability to have guerilla and sapien run in realtime. I've left both programs open to save on both and losing a bit of work :(

Guys, I am talking strictly Guerilla. Tag editing only. Don't even talk about sapien please.

Also on another note I realized it's entirely possible to make the player unit in the globals be a vehicle if you specify them as such. They're still capable of doing at least some biped things like flipping vehicles, but I didn't test for more than a moment. This doesn't even require anything special, Guerilla already supports it. This might be old news to you guys but it's news to me!

Edited by MosesofEgypt on Sep 22, 2014 at 03:44 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 04:11 PM    Msg. 21 of 74       
I know that when I was trying to set up animated textures, notably ones that rotate around a point, trying to go through and find the exact points was irritating. if you could add something wherein you could edit the pivots for an animated texture's rotation easier than whats there now, that'd be cool

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 04:43 PM    Msg. 22 of 74       
Also, Masterz, I tested effects in animation tags and they don't do anything. No crashes, just nothing. I tried it with multiple animation types including replacing the enter and exit of the warthog. Nothing. Meh.

EDIT: So I was looking through Eschaton's plugins to see how they are structured so I can refine my loader more, and I found something interesting(Courtesy of Sparky's research).

{ Type:Float, Offset:5, Name:"Particle Translation Wind Coefficient", Editable:True },
{ Type:Float, Offset:9, Name:"Particle Translation Wind Sine Modifier", Editable:True },
{ Type:Float, Offset:13, Name:"Particle Translation Rate: Z", Editable:True },

There are 3 variables in point physics tags used by particles that are not even visible in guerilla. These are also absent in KornmanV2 and even OS Guerilla. I'll bet there are even more unknown variables that we've never been able to edit.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Sep 22, 2014 at 07:02 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 07:29 PM    Msg. 23 of 74       
not sure how well this would work, but be able to edit shaders while seeing what its doing to the models visuals and whatnot (open the gbxmodel and see whats happening)

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 12:02 PM    Msg. 24 of 74       
god mode

...im expecting someone to say a certain something now

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 11:34 PM    Msg. 25 of 74       
I can't edit the way tags are stored in a map file. Think of it like this guys, it would be something like photoshop whereas you guys have been using Gimp. You are still creating the same tags, but what new tools would you want to you to make some things easier? I can do little bits of unorthodox things like allowing you guys to specify what type of tag is being referenced from another tag, but I am only CHANGING 4 characters in the tag to do that, nothing new is being added.

Also, if any of you guys would want to help in this project I could have something for you to do. Though it won't be anything too spectacular and you will end up learning a little bit of python in the process, I believe really anyone can do it if they try.

I'm still finalizing the format for the tag descriptors, but once I am done I'll need to write one for each of the tags. This is where you guys come in. It will take a while for me to do this on my own considering that tags can have a lot of variables and each one needs to be specified. As of right now I am only able to load .point_physics, .bitmap, .shader_environment, and shader_transparent_chicago tags. Even if I were to make this guerilla replacement (which, should I start it, I am now dubbing project GNUerilla) the use would be very limited until I add more tag types.

Once I have a finalized format and a working GNUerilla editor I'd be willing to let those interested help expand the tags it can load and edit. Once I can load a tag I can write specific functions for it like displaying the output of a function block so you can test functions within guerilla.

This won't be for a while, but is anyone interested?

EDIT: This is what the bitmap descriptor looks like for example. My offsets start at 1 btw.

from ReclaimerLib.Tag_Descriptors.Common_Block_Structures import *

class BITM_Descriptor():
Tag_Extension = ".bitmap"

#for use in the header construction
Tag_Header_Info = {Tag_Version_Name:7,
Tag_Format_ID_Name:"bitm",
Engine_ID_Name:"blam"}

Tag_Structure = { Type:Data_Block, Entries:20, Block_Size:108,
0:{ Type:Enum_2_Byte, Offset:1, Name:"Type", Editable:True,
Elements:{Entries:5,
0: "2D Textures",
1: "3D Textures",
2: "Cube Maps",
3: "Sprites",
4: "Interface Bitmaps"
}
},
1:{ Type:Enum_2_Byte, Offset:3, Name:"Format", Editable:True,
Elements:{Entries:6,
0: "Color key transparency",
1: "Explicit Alpha",
2: "Interpolated Alpha",
3: "16-Bit Color",
4: "32-Bit Color",
5: "Monochrome"
}
},
2:{ Type:Enum_2_Byte, Offset:5, Name:"Usage", Editable:True,
Elements:{Entries:6,
0: "Alpha-Blend",
1: "Default",
2: "Height Map",
3: "Detail Map",
4: "Light Map",
5: "Vector Map"
}
},
3:{ Type:Bool_2_Byte, Offset:8, Name:"Flags", Editable:True,
Flags:{Entries:5,
1: "Enable Diffusion Dithering",
2: "Disable Height Map Compression",
4: "Uniform Sprite Sequences",
8: "Sprite Bug Fix",
16: "Processed by Reclaimer"
}
},
4:{ Type:Float, Offset:9, Name:"Detail Fade Factor", Editable:True },
5:{ Type:Float, Offset:13, Name:"Sharpen Amount", Editable:True },
6:{ Type:Float, Offset:17, Name:"Bump Height", Editable:True },
7:{ Type:Enum_2_Byte, Offset:21, Name:"Sprite Budget Size", Editable:True,
Elements:{Entries:5,
0: "32x32",
1: "64x64",
2: "128x128",
3: "256x256",
4: "512x512"
}
},
8:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:23, Name:"Sprite Budget Count", Editable:True },
9:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:25, Name:"Color Plate Width", Editable:False },
10:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:27, Name:"Color Plate Height", Editable:False },
11:{ Type:Raw_Data_Reference, Offset:29, Name:"Compressed Color Plate Data", Skip:True, Editable:False ,
Block_Variables:Raw_Data_Reference_Structure
},
12:{ Type:Raw_Data_Reference, Offset:49, Name:"Processed Pixel Data", Editable:False ,
Block_Variables:Raw_Data_Reference_Structure
},
13:{ Type:Float, Offset:69, Name:"Blur Filter Size", Editable:True },
14:{ Type:Float, Offset:73, Name:"Alpha Bias", Editable:True },
15:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:77, Name:"Mipmap Count", Editable:True },
16:{ Type:Enum_2_Byte, Offset:79, Name:"Sprite Usage", Editable:True,
Elements:{Entries:3,
0: "Blend\Add\Subtract\Max",
1: "Multiply\Min",
2: "Double Multiply",
}
},
17:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:81, Name:"Sprite Spacing", Editable:True },

18:{ Type:Block_Reference, Offset:85, Name:"Sequences Block", Max_Block_Count:256, Editable:True ,
Block_Variables:Block_Reference_Structure,

Child_Block:{ Type:Data_Block, Entries:4, Block_Size:64, Name:"Sequence",
0:{ Type:String_32_Byte, Offset:1, Name:"Sequence Name", Editable:True },
1:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:33, Name:"First Bitmap Index", Editable:True },
2:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:35, Name:"Bitmap Count", Editable:True },
3:{ Type:Block_Reference, Offset:53, Name:"Sprites Block", Max_Block_Count:64, Editable:True ,

Child_Block:{ Type:Data_Block, Entries:7, Block_Size:32, Name:"Sprite",
0:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:1, Name:"Bitmap Index", Editable:True },
1:{ Type:Float, Offset:9, Name:"Left Side", Editable:True },
2:{ Type:Float, Offset:13, Name:"Right Side", Editable:True },
3:{ Type:Float, Offset:17, Name:"Top Side", Editable:True },
4:{ Type:Float, Offset:21, Name:"Bottom Side", Editable:True },
5:{ Type:Float, Offset:25, Name:"Registration Point X", Editable:True },
6:{ Type:Float, Offset:29, Name:"Registration Point Y", Editable:True }
}
}
}
},
19:{ Type:Block_Reference, Offset:97, Name:"Bitmaps Block", Max_Block_Count:65536, Editable:True ,

Child_Block:{ Type:Data_Block, Entries:16, Block_Size:48, Name:"Bitmap",

0:{ Type:String_4_Byte, Offset:1, Name:"Bitmap Tag ID", Editable:False, Default_Value:"bitm" },
1:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:5, Name:"Width", Editable:True },
2:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:7, Name:"Height", Editable:True },
3:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:9, Name:"Depth", Editable:True },
4:{ Type:Enum_2_Byte, Offset:11, Name:"Type", Editable:True,
Elements:{Entries:4,
0: "2D Textures",
1: "3D Textures",
2: "Cube Maps",
3: "White"
}
},
5:{ Type:Enum_2_Byte, Offset:13, Name:"Format", Editable:True,
Elements:{Entries:18,
0: "A8",
1: "Y8",
2: "AY8",
3: "A8Y8",
4: "--------",
5: "--------",
6: "R5G6B5",
7: "--------",
8: "A1R5G5B5",
9: "A4R4G4B4",
10: "X8R8G8B8",
11: "A8R8G8B8",
12: "--------",
13: "--------",
14: "DXT1",
15: "DXT3",
16: "DXT5",
17: "P8-bump"
}
},
6:{ Type:Bool_2_Byte, Offset:15, Name:"Flags", Editable:True,
Flags:{Entries:7,
1: "Power of 2 Dimensions",
2: "Compressed",
4: "Palletized",
8: "Swizzled",
16: "Linear",
32: "V16U16",
128: "Made by Arsenic"
}
},
7:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:17, Name:"Registration Point X", Editable:True },
8:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:19, Name:"Registration Point Y", Editable:True },
9:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:21, Name:"Mipmap Count", Editable:True },
10:{ Type:SHORT_INT, Offset:23, Name:"Unknown_1", Editable:False },
11:{ Type:LONG_INT, Offset:25, Name:"Pixel Data Offset", Editable:False },
12:{ Type:LONG_INT, Offset:29, Name:"Unknown_2", Editable:False },
13:{ Type:LONG_INT, Offset:33, Name:"Unknown_3", Editable:False },
14:{ Type:LONG_INT, Offset:37, Name:"Unknown_4", Editable:False },
15:{ Type:LONG_INT, Offset:45, Name:"Unknown_5", Editable:False },
}
}
}

#initialize the class
def __init__(self):
pass

def Initialize():
Tag_Description = BITM_Descriptor()
return(Tag_Description)

Edited by MosesofEgypt on Sep 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Pepzee

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 12:45 AM    Msg. 26 of 74       
Not sure if this already exists, but a way to compile scripts in Guerilla?

Currently the only way I can find to open up Sapein and compile there which can be painful as Sapein takes forever to start...

Super Flanker

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 06:39 AM    Msg. 27 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Not sure if this already exists, but a way to compile scripts in Guerilla?

Currently the only way I can find to open up Sapein and compile there which can be painful as Sapein takes forever to start...

Can you make a Halo reach editing kit?

BTW, about by 3d virtual "debugger" FOR guerilla. It would be pretty interesting calculate by how much it speeds up the tagging process.

Mos modern EK's incorporate a 3d debugger window in apps like guerilla, it would really save time compiling, going in game and going back again to fix some stuff.

I'm not asking for this to be made, just putting the idea out there for someone to maybe pickup if they don't know what could be the most useful thing in halomaps apart from a live alits feed.

altis94

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 02:30 AM    Msg. 28 of 74       
Hey, how about ctrl+F to quickly find something in a tag?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 08:02 PM    Msg. 29 of 74       
Well I'm nearing the end of reworking my bitmap converter to work with the new tag loading system. Might be a few more weeks and then I'll start on the GNUerilla interface. Not sure how long it'll take me from there, but adding each tag type will take a bit of time since I've only implemented 5 of the 83 Halo1 tags.

WHEN IT'S FUNCTIONAL, is anyone interested in helping me beta test it for bugs and/or write new tag definitions for the other 78 tags? It won't be too hard to write a new tag description. It'll be sorta like writing an XML script and I'll be able to help you along the way.

When it finally gets released it'll be entirely open source under the standard GNU public license(hence the name GNUerilla). This way, anyone who wants to can fiddle with it and write new functionality can.

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 08:15 PM    Msg. 30 of 74       
the ability to rip Halo 5 tags

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 11:10 PM    Msg. 31 of 74       
...Why GNUrilla? Why not Mosserilla (Moses from MosesOfEgypt and Rilla from Guerilla).

Kinda like Mozzarella

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 11:14 PM    Msg. 32 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

Guys, I am talking strictly Guerilla. Tag editing only. Don't even talk about sapien please.

I'd add sapien to guerilla so I could talk about it
Edited by MatthewDratt on Oct 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 08:33 AM    Msg. 33 of 74       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
...Why GNUrilla? Why not Mosserilla (Moses from MosesOfEgypt and Rilla from Guerilla).

Kinda like Mozzarella

Because I'm not vain. Also I intended for when you SAY it for it to sound like New-rilla, like a newer version of Guerilla.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Oct 9, 2014 at 09:22 AM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 08:29 PM    Msg. 34 of 74       
There's the possibility for that. I'm also thinking it wouldn't be too hard to make drag and drop block copying between tags. Also, while I'm redoing my bitmap converter right now I'm making it more modular than it was before to the point that I should be easily able to integrate adding new bitmaps to a tag just by selecting a file and telling it what format and such to save it as. This can work in reverse, meaning i should be able to write an extractor to pull the bitmap from a tag. That's nothing special though since a lot of programs can already do that.

EDIT: so i just implemented a little check after my program writes a tag. it tries to load the new tag(skipping raw data that can take up large amounts of ram). if something got corrupted while trying to write the tag it'll be unable to parse it and it'll return an error and not try to replace the original tag with the new, corrupt one. Originally, telling it to back up the old tag was the only way to prevent losing a tag if something screwed up. Granted, I haven't corrupted any tags so far unless the program was in a state where I expected it to not work properly.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Oct 10, 2014 at 02:07 AM

_TheArbiter_

"stupidity is an epidemic " - Donut

Posted: May 7, 2015 06:26 PM    Msg. 35 of 74       
Hey Mo, any updates?

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu January 23, 2020 2:39 AM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website