A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo editing kit not loading maps

Author Topic: Halo editing kit not loading maps (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Christianl831

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 09:16 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hello guys, I just joined the forums a few minutes ago and I opened Halo Editing Kit and it opened with no problems, But then when i open a file it says "Data\Data.xml was not found! Reinstall HEKPlus" I am not sure if i should because i'm afraid its going to lose all my tags in the process of reinstalling it. Please if you can respond because I am planning on extracting the c10 tags so i can use them.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 01:59 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Firstly, Halo Editing Kit Plus isn't Halo Editing Kit, they're two separate entities.

You wouldn't lose your tags trying to reinstall HEK+ anyways, it doesn't install with HEK so there's little issue there. I'd probably suggest using the repair function on the installer and see where that leads you.

Christianl831

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 10:21 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
If you want to mod the campaign maps, use these tags instead. Extracting from HEK+ tends to corrupt some tags.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6690

Do i remove my current tags and put the downloaded tags? Or do i combine the tag folders together?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 11:00 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Christianl831
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
If you want to mod the campaign maps, use these tags instead. Extracting from HEK+ tends to corrupt some tags.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6690

Do i remove my current tags and put the downloaded tags? Or do i combine the tag folders together?

If you have custom/personal tags which you are scared of losing you may back them up.

All tag files are combinible unless, two files share the same name in which case you will have to overwrite the pre-existing tag with the one which will replace it.

Christianl831

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 03:35 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       

Okay when i try and open a singleplayer scenario in sapien it closes immediately. But in guerilla it says:

tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.
failed to load scenario tag 'levels\b30\b30'
couldn't open tag

Anyone have any idea what this means? I already downloaded those tags and replaced the files
Edited by Christianl831 on Sep 28, 2014 at 03:36 PM
Edited by Christianl831 on Sep 28, 2014 at 03:36 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 10:42 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website