A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Question regarding getting custom maps/gametypes onto xbox console

Author Topic: Question regarding getting custom maps/gametypes onto xbox console (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

patchstay

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 05:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hi,

Sorry with, what i imagine, is a very basic and old question but a search of the forum didn't produce any results. I was wondering what I would need do to get some of these awesome halo mods/maps/gametypes on my xbox console? i'm not overly interested in doing the actual modding, because I know I don't have the mental fortitude, but I would like to enjoy these awesome versions y'all pump out.

With that being said, I have a couple modded xbox's and hopefully that has me started in the right direction. I could post some links from youtube videos of stuff I'm interested in if that helps, cause I'm sure you guys have a boatload of stuff. I see theres a part of the site that has HALO CE maps, not sure if that includes some of the AI wars I've seen and other "gametypes"

I see there's some other sites for similar things (halomods.com, opencarnage.net) so if one those is better suited for my question(s), i could post there too. Thanks in advance and sorry for the "noob" question. I'm well versed in the tediousness in answering basic questions, since I'm a high level h1 player for console. Let me know if there's anything i can do to help and again, thanks.

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 07:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Mm, because other people won't say it-

I'm 99.9% certain that a lot of the Halo: Custom Edition content on this site cannot be ported to the Xbox Original. There is not a Halo: Custom Edition for the Xbox. If you were hoping for stuff like SPV3 on your console, I'm afraid that can't happen. But hey, just play it on PC.

H2 stuff is a different story. I know a lot of people do maps that can be put on the Xbox Original, but I'm not sure how. I know that for a while the Opensauce team was working on a version for H2 that was never really brought to light.

If Dennis doesn't ban me for the offsite link, there's some cool H2 stuff here. http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/forum/9-2nd-generation/

besides, you guys get the mcc you lucky pricks

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 07:59 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
I've heard about a program called Arsenic that lets you convert maps from PC to Xbox. I don't think you can do that with all maps but I saw a video of someone playing TLMP Snowtrap in Xbox. I can't find it, though.

I found it, however, it's not the Snowtrap I linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAeB_QNkpZk
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Sep 30, 2014 at 08:07 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 1:51 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website