A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »These maps need too be made.

Author Topic: These maps need too be made. (34 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

YSlayer12

"We are made of MLG Qwikscopes"

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 11:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 34       
So, IGN came up with a list of the top 10 maps in halo, EVER and think someone should re-create them as .yelos in Halo CE with the tags CMT will release. All the new CMT weapons plus, the Opensauce features would make them real fun.

10.Exile(H4)

9.Last Resort(H3)

8.Guardian(H3)

7.Battle Creek(HCE)

6.The Pit(H3)

5.Ivory Tower(H3)

4.Ascension(H2)

3.HangemHigh(HCE)

2.Lockout(H2)

1.Prisoner(HCE)

NOT IN ORDER, In my opinion
Edited by YSlayer12 on Oct 15, 2014 at 06:33 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 02:43 AM    Msg. 2 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12
So, IGN came up with a list of the top 10 maps in halo, EVER and think someone should re-create them as .yelos in Halo CE with the tags CMT will release. All the new CMT weapons plus, the Opensauce features would make them real fun.

7.Battle Creek(HCE)

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 10:18 AM    Msg. 3 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Pretty sure he just wanted the original maps with cmt tags.

Like he is ever going to get that.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 12:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 34       
Why do people seem to think Exile is a good map? Exile is a terrible map, it's horribly designed, sightlines are awful, it's terrible unbalanced team wise. The layout seems like a good idea (circle, part in middle, bases. Simple enough) but 343i's execution was horrible.

If they were trying to add in a Halo 4 map so as not to imply that Halo 4's maps are terrible (spoiler: they are), what a sad map to pick. Daybreak is probably my favorite from Halo 4, Haven isn't terrible. Solace is alright.

Also Blood Gulch is way overhyped and isn't necessarily the best map, just the most nostalgic.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 01:28 PM    Msg. 5 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Why do people seem to think Exile is a good map? Exile is a terrible map, it's horribly designed, sightlines are awful, it's terrible unbalanced team wise. The layout seems like a good idea (circle, part in middle, bases. Simple enough) but 343i's execution was horrible.

If they were trying to add in a Halo 4 map so as not to imply that Halo 4's maps are terrible (spoiler: they are), what a sad map to pick. Daybreak is probably my favorite from Halo 4, Haven isn't terrible. Solace is alright.

Also Blood Gulch is way overhyped and isn't necessarily the best map, just the most nostalgic.

My fav is sidewinder, just love that map. Actually I would love to re-skin it. Or maybe re-make it like mootjuh did with delta ruins. Plus some people want me to port Avalanche.

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 02:28 PM    Msg. 6 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi

My fav is sidewinder, just love that map. Actually I would love to re-skin it. Or maybe re-make it like mootjuh did with delta ruins. Plus some people want me to port Avalanche.

Someone should make a Brothel themed map.

OrangeJuice

I'm feeling much better now, thanks!

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 02:28 PM    Msg. 7 of 34       
exact poly-for-poly remake maps... I traumatized my hands and brain years ago.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 02:54 PM    Msg. 8 of 34       

I always found Avalanche to be a poor remake of it. Plus there was no ice... whats up with the hate for ice since H1.

Wolf_

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 03:15 PM    Msg. 9 of 34       
Yeah, i always thought that the only two things that avalanche shared was the snow theme, and (Sort of) the shape. Haven't spent too much time in avalanche, being that it's not even on my top 10 list of halo maps. Now sidewinder on the other hand plays splendidly. It definitely needs to be modernized. Danger canyon should have been on that list. What a shame.
Edited by Wolf_ on Oct 15, 2014 at 03:16 PM

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 03:46 PM    Msg. 10 of 34       
Valhalla will always be the best map for me. A perfectly balanced canyon with natural avenues for vehicles and players. Map control is essential in keeping track of players trying to sneak around pelican or riverside and if you've got an experienced team, you can lock down the entire map. There is nothing more fun than taking top-mid and holding off the onslaught of players lifting out of their base. It's even better if you've got the laser.

There's a reason Ragnarok is the best map in Halo 4.

Btcc22

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 03:49 PM    Msg. 11 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
Danger canyon should have been on that list. What a shame.

Along with Ice Fields. Clearly that list is wrong because it doesn't contain our personal preferences.

It'd be wrong for taking some decent maps and ruining them with awful weapons.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 06:01 PM    Msg. 12 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

I always found Avalanche to be a poor remake of it. Plus there was no ice... whats up with the hate for ice since H1.

I really liked teh Ice in Sidewinder. Maybe re texturing sidewinder with Avalanche textures?

Edited by PRPatxi on Oct 15, 2014 at 06:03 PM

YSlayer12

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 06:29 PM    Msg. 13 of 34       
Also I enjoyed Prisoner quite a bit. The Motion Tracker would be great with up and down arrow

@Mootjuh, I would like a graphics re-haul and maybe extended BSP's but anythings good as I am requesting these.
Edited by YSlayer12 on Oct 15, 2014 at 06:35 PM

Adler

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 04:05 AM    Msg. 14 of 34       
Speaking of Sidewinder, I've been working on a remaster/remake of it on and off for about 4 months. I intend to finish it... eventually.
Edited by Adler on Oct 16, 2014 at 06:18 AM

Existence

Existence is my name, trolling Patxi is my game

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 06:35 AM    Msg. 15 of 34       

**facepalm** what are you doing Masters? Just be a man and have the balls to tell Patxi he sucks and that eh should quit mapping!

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 09:29 AM    Msg. 16 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Existence

**facepalm** what are you doing Masters? Just be a man and have the balls to tell Patxi he sucks and that eh should quit mapping!

And what exactly is it that you do?

Drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot......?

Shut The FVCK Up.
Edited by SS Flanker on Oct 16, 2014 at 09:30 AM

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 12:07 PM    Msg. 17 of 34       
should add forge island from h4

Adler

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 06:06 PM    Msg. 18 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Adler

Speaking of Sidewinder, I've been working on a remaster/remake of it on and off for about 4 months. I intend to finish it... eventually.
Edited by Adler on Oct 16, 2014 at 06:18 AM

Wat's the progress on this one?

Not good;
Map floor, ice plains, basic cliffs, red facade and base, blue facade, and the interior tunnels are done. Without textures. I do so imagine it would be easier if I know how to Mudbox...
I also don't really want to finish it. But I'm commited to what I start.
Edited by Adler on Oct 18, 2014 at 06:10 AM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 08:53 PM    Msg. 19 of 34       
i know how to mudbox. its actually pretty easy. took like 15 minutes for me to learn it maybe?

Adler

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 08:24 AM    Msg. 20 of 34       
Lovely. I shall leave it to you then.

UHWArby

PIPO vive

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 09:45 AM    Msg. 21 of 34       
Pretty sure he just wanted the original maps with cmt tags.

me too thats my dream

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
exact poly-for-poly remake maps... I traumatized my hands and brain years ago.

lol
Edited by UHWArby on Oct 18, 2014 at 09:46 AM

YSlayer12

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 11:55 AM    Msg. 22 of 34       
OS. Infinetely better

YSlayer12

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 01:40 PM    Msg. 23 of 34       
I was actually asking Adlers since I'm helping with his map.

(Crying)

Adler

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 07:18 PM    Msg. 24 of 34       
I was actually asking Adlers since I'm helping with his map.

It's your map now, do whatever you want.

Adler

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 05:44 AM    Msg. 25 of 34       
Completely sure. There are many other things I would rather work on. That, and my ideas for Sidewinder were a little over the top anyway.

Adler

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 07:28 AM    Msg. 26 of 34       
So you really started with no plans or guarantees?

killzone64

active on discord

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 10:43 AM    Msg. 27 of 34       
dont ever trust ign to find the greatest mutiplayer maps in the series XD ask the people on here what they are instead :P

and that halo 4 map is never getting ported. while we can extract it the geometry is a mess that many of the users here would rather not tackle.

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 02:10 PM    Msg. 28 of 34       
That's why I have......and it is going swimmingly.

Infact the only problems I foresee are creating shaders for all 92 materials.

YSlayer12

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 08:03 PM    Msg. 29 of 34       
I don't know whether I want too hug or kill you. Later I will post a revised version of the maps that I think are best. Or maybe hold a public poll. Yeah that seems good. Time too start a thread!

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 10:26 AM    Msg. 30 of 34       
I want a hug.

Juzo

Just delete my account really

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 06:11 PM    Msg. 31 of 34       
Top 10 user made maps in Halo Ce. Anyone...?

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 06:25 PM    Msg. 32 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian

10.Meincrap
9.Snowdrop
8.Erasus
7.Alerion
6.BadassV1337
5.BigassV1,71
4.BigassV1,81
3.BigassV2,1069
2.BigassV2,1072
1.BigassV2,104

Juzo

Just delete my account really

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 07:32 PM    Msg. 33 of 34       
Geomar isn't on that list? I'm saddend :(

YSlayer12

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 09:14 PM    Msg. 34 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian

10.Meincrap
9.Snowdrop
8.Erasus
7.Alerion
6.BadassV1337
5.BigassV1,71
4.BigassV1,81
3.BigassV2,1069
2.BigassV2,1072
1.BigassV2,104

LOLOLOL Obvious favoritism. Becuz Altis totally made Alerion.But I wonder why he put so many Bigasses?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri April 3, 2020 12:10 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website