A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Thinking about future halo.....

Author Topic: Thinking about future halo..... (22 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 07:39 AM    Msg. 1 of 22       
Started randomly tossing idea's about future halo story lines, whilst sleeping.

. Perhaps a game which focuses solely on the elites? (I just wanna kill me some humans for once)

. Origins of the flood? We never really understood the absolute history of the flood, all we know is there vicious desire to take over every single life form in the universe.

. S117 Finally dies? Sad I know, but I really want him to die a heroes death....or perhaps he gets converted into a combat AI?

. S117 goes flood? A few of you who read the novels might know that chiefy was actually bitten by a flood spawn, so perhaps the infection lies dormant until..........it's reawakened by something or other.

. Welcome back reach? Can't remember correctly but I am pretty sure we see reach re-healed and noble six's helmet lying dormant midst the spring like backdrop. I would really love to know how reach was revived.

. Rings? We are all aware that there are at least more than a few dozen halo rings out there. What mysteries could they hold?

. Noble6 phone home??!! Reach's ending gave me the sniffles, but did the elites really kill him? Perhaps they held him hostage hoping to learn more about the Spartan III project and humanities precious intel?

Those were a few idea's I was just tossing over, I would like to make it clear I wouldn't want many of these story lines (if they were to be bought to fruition) to star solely in a game title, perhaps a new book or even better a 4 hour movie would be more appropriate.

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 11:12 AM    Msg. 2 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
. Welcome back reach? Can't remember correctly but I am pretty sure we see reach re-healed and noble six's helmet lying dormant midst the spring like backdrop. I would really love to know how reach was revived.

. Rings? We are all aware that there are at least more than a few dozen halo rings out there. What mysteries could they hold?

These are parts of an idea I have for a campaign series I'm still scriptwriting right now... which'll be out sometime in the hopefully not-so-near future. This, plus parts of the Covenant Civil War (prequel to Halo 4) and references to Red vs Blue P:

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 12:19 PM    Msg. 3 of 22       
. Origins of the flood? We never really understood the absolute history of the flood, all we know is there vicious desire to take over every single life form in the universe.

. S117 goes flood? A few of you who read the novels might know that chiefy was actually bitten by a flood spawn, so perhaps the infection lies dormant until..........it's reawakened by something or other.

. Noble6 phone home??!! Reach's ending gave me the sniffles, but did the elites really kill him? Perhaps they held him hostage hoping to learn more about the Spartan III project and humanities precious intel?

http://www.halopedia.org/Flood#Origins
•An Infection form did breach his bodysuit, but since it didnt establish a connection to his nervous system, I see no reason it'd cause him to transform later on.
•I imagine they terraformed Reach, the same way they turned Mars into a habitable planet.
http://www.halopedia.org/Halo_Array#List_of_installations
•They almost certainly killed Noble 6. Three Elites get him on the ground and run him through with an energy blade.

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 12:26 PM    Msg. 4 of 22       
Hmmm, I'm not too sure. An energy blade to the abdomen doesn't mean instant death.

The elites could be like, damn this guy was good. Let's take him prisoner indoctrinate him and then release him back against his own kind.

Halo 6 noble6 confirmed......I thankyou.

Dante

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 12:27 PM    Msg. 5 of 22       
You can probably expect a myriad of Halo spin-off games after the Reclaimer Saga. I think a likely arc to explore would be early Human-Covenant contact (imagine an FPS taking place on Harvest or some other significant world). Plus, there are theories going around that Halo 5: Guardians is aptly named so that they can release another Halo 5: XXX game to drag out the longevity of the Reclaimer Saga and delay Halo 6. Microsoft will milk this thing, but hopefully 343 will be tasteful about it.

Echo77

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 12:38 PM    Msg. 6 of 22       
Hmmm, I'm not too sure. An energy blade to the abdomen doesn't mean instant death.

The elites could be like, damn this guy was good. Let's take him prisoner indoctrinate him and then release him back against his own kind.

If the Covenant were big on indoctrinating humans, they probably would have assimilated them like they had every previous race they had come across.

"Sangheili held a more spiteful, begrudging opinion of demons, incredulous that unworthy 'vermin' could be the cause of so much havoc. Often, Sangheili or Jiralhanae would disregard tactics and hurl themselves at demons, fighting for the honor of the kill. " - http://www.halopedia.org/Covenant_religion#Demons

HattyHattington

goldkilla88

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 03:37 PM    Msg. 7 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

If the Covenant were big on indoctrinating humans, they probably would have assimilated them like they had every previous race they had come across.

"Sangheili held a more spiteful, begrudging opinion of demons, incredulous that unworthy 'vermin' could be the cause of so much havoc. Often, Sangheili or Jiralhanae would disregard tactics and hurl themselves at demons, fighting for the honor of the kill. " - http://www.halopedia.org/Covenant_religion#Demons

I thought the Elites actually initially considered adding Humans to the Covenant but the Prophets got mad?

Echo77

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 03:44 PM    Msg. 8 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: HattyHattington
I thought the Elites actually initially considered adding Humans to the Covenant but the Prophets got mad?

"When the Prophets declared war on a previously unknown species called humans, the Sangheili followed their lead without question." - http://www.halopedia.org/Sangheili#Human-Covenant_War

The Elites didn't seem to start developing the mindset that maybe Humans weren't all that bad until around Halo 2, it seems.

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 04:56 PM    Msg. 9 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: HattyHattington

"When the Prophets declared war on a previously unknown species called humans, the Sangheili followed their lead without question." - http://www.halopedia.org/Sangheili#Human-Covenant_War

The Elites didn't seem to start developing the mindset that maybe Humans weren't all that bad until around Halo 2, it seems.

Well no, not exactly. In Halo: The Cole Protocol (which took place in 2535), Thel 'Vadam said noticed how Faison made Ignatio Delgado leave him behind because he was injured, and remarked that this must mean that humans valued honor somewhat.

Echo77

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 05:04 PM    Msg. 10 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
Well no, not exactly. In Halo: The Cole Protocol (which took place in 2535), Thel 'Vadam said noticed how Faison made Ignatio Delgado leave him behind because he was injured, and remarked that this must mean that humans valued honor somewhat.

Realizing your enemy may not all be dishonorable dirtbags is one thing, though, wanting them to join your faction is another.

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 05:17 PM    Msg. 11 of 22       
Obviously this is the case, but your quote was,

"The Elites didn't seem to start developing the mindset that maybe Humans weren't all that bad until around Halo 2, it seems."

Echo77

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 05:24 PM    Msg. 12 of 22       
Obviously this is the case, but your quote was,

"The Elites didn't seem to start developing the mindset that maybe Humans weren't all that bad until around Halo 2, it seems."

Ah, my bad, I should have phrased that differently in the context:
"The Elites didn't seem to start developing the mindset that maybe Humans were worth bringing over to their side until around Halo 2, it seems."

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 07:41 AM    Msg. 13 of 22       
We haven't taken control of a ship yet in halo game have we?

Perhaps that's a little ambitious..... instead of flying an actual ship maybe it would make more sense to take control of a specific but important role in a ship.......gunnery controls?

Would be kind keewl.
Edited by SS Flanker on Oct 26, 2014 at 07:47 AM

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 11:45 AM    Msg. 14 of 22       

Realizing your enemy may not all be dishonorable dirtbags is one thing, though, wanting them to join your faction is another.

"The Sangheili display respect and admiration for honorable fighters, whether they are allies of the Sangheili or not; it is not unusual for the Sangheili to have such an admiration for their adversaries" (Halopedia).

You have to realize that honor is a cornerstone of their culture. To find something or someone honorable holds a lot more weight with them than it would with human society.
Edited by BKTiel on Oct 26, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 11:51 AM    Msg. 15 of 22       
A little off the current topic, but I wonder when the prophets will return......it seems they were banished just after the events of halo 3, and it's noted in a particular halo novel (which escapes my memory) that they were exiled/and or removed from power as leaders.

Maybe there return in the future games could spark civil wars between the prophet/brute/elite empire......

CLASH OF TEH SPECIES!

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 12:57 AM    Msg. 16 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kazuya
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
You have to realize that honor is a cornerstone of their culture. To find something or someone honorable holds a lot more weight with them than it would with human society.

So they're basically more Japanese than the Japanese... Gotcha. Also the future Halo games are going to suck. Halo 4 made Halo 2 look like a masterpiece in comparison.

I'm going to have to agree with this.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 07:52 PM    Msg. 17 of 22       

So they're basically more Japanese than the Japanese... Gotcha. Also the future Halo games are going to suck. Halo 4 made Halo 2 look like a masterpiece in comparison.

Pretty much. Even Bushido has some semblance of logic about it; the Elite's code of honor goes hand in hand with religious zealotry with predictable results.

tylerp14

Ohai der...

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 06:45 AM    Msg. 18 of 22       
I can add Elites to my game that I'm currently working on, anybody wanna see it? Okay.
I'm working on an FPS/RPG based game, with a new version of RPG Beta6 map as my main Multiplayer map, enjoy.

I might keep you guys updated on it, if Dennis allows me to, but if you want me to add anything in let me know, I already have multiplayer working on it, a console (with lots of custom "fun" commands), and 6 other MP maps so far.
Edited by tylerp14 on Oct 28, 2014 at 06:47 AM

Storm

Send memes to www.loganpaul.com/cliffhanger

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 07:30 AM    Msg. 19 of 22       

"The Sangheili display respect and admiration for honorable fighters, whether they are allies of the Sangheili or not; it is not unusual for the Sangheili to have such an admiration for their adversaries" (Halopedia).

I'm not sure if you're aware, but this is also very similar to Germany's attitude during the second world war. They respected countries who volunteered to fight, and not sit back until the war came to them.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 12:17 PM    Msg. 20 of 22       
saw the topic, first thing that came to mind was "doomed" but then I realized, oh wait halo custom edition exists, then I realized that there may be hope from someone who isn't M$ or 343i

nonetheless

I see the timeline future of halo where possibly everyone's hero has a grandchild following in his footsteps as humanity is under attack again, possibly flood returns, or covenant is reformed by a new religious belief
Edited by rcghalohell on Oct 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 12:41 PM    Msg. 21 of 22       
Halo 4 made Halo 2 look like a masterpiece in comparison.

True story.
Although I considered Halo 2 to be a masterpiece regardless :-)
Edited by DaLode on Oct 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 08:50 AM    Msg. 22 of 22       
I'm still clutching at straws with the whole "return of Noble6" Idea but it kind feels super far fetched.

I want to direct the attention towards the implementation of non stolen kiddie spartans seen in h4. (10/10 term)

Since it's now feasible according to halo 4's time line to make an ordinary guy a spartan, I think it would be interesting to say the least if they made the ODSt character "Rookie" from H3 ODST into a spartan.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 5, 2020 2:45 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website