A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Edit existing multiplayer maps

Author Topic: Edit existing multiplayer maps (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

King88

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 04:14 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Hi guys, I'd like to know how to edit or extract and edit the original multiplayer maps (halo 2) like Coagulation, Waterworks etc with the halo 2 map editor. It's that possible?
I would like to set human weapons for base 1 and covenant weapons for base 2. Two very different teams :D nothing complex.

It would be fantastic! So, I'll play with my friends on live.

I'd also like to know if it is possible to edit some details of the campaign.
Example: Things like replace blue elites -> ultra elites, remplace enemies equipment (weapons etc).

I hope some answers, thank you so much.

Twinreaper

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 10:21 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
You can use Assembly or Ambiguous to swap weapons on the existing maps. And no, you can't tag extract from the PC version of the game. if you want to rebuild the maps and do anything outside simple swaps, you need to rip the Xbox bsp's and do the map work yourself.

King88

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 02:31 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
You can use Assembly or Ambiguous to swap weapons on the existing maps. And no, you can't tag extract from the PC version of the game. if you want to rebuild the maps and do anything outside simple swaps, you need to rip the Xbox bsp's and do the map work yourself.

Thank you. Could you help me via email? I promise to ask you for simple help.
As a thank you, I will give you one halo 2 product key new and unused. I usually buy frequently for my friends.
I really wish to set human weapons for base 1 and covenant weapons for base 2
Edited by King88 on Nov 3, 2014 at 02:31 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 07:08 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
I don't need the product keys, but thank you anyway. I will package up the apps and send you a link for them. I will try to help you as best I can with a tutorial.

King88

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 09:44 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
thank you.

I'll send you my email via PM.

YSlayer12

"We are made of MLG Qwikscopes"

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 10:27 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Shoulda helped this dude....

Twinreaper

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 11:55 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Since it's much easier and might be helpful to others I'm just gonna post the info here. First, here is the link to the 3 apps you will need. You will also need the Halo 2 Xbox maps to do this if you want to swap things easier and accurately. The reason behind this is, the netgame equipment isn't labeled in a way that you can tell which base they belong to. BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE PC MAP!!!!! Just in case you screw up beyond fixing.

http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/Content/Halo_Modding_Applications.rar

To start, open the xbox version of the map you want to swap with Entity. Once the map is open, scroll down the tag tree till you see Sbsp. Expand that, and you will see the scenario_structure_bsp file. Once you click it, a blue circle icon will appear in the top right of the application. Click it and select "View Bsp". Once inside the bsp viewer, you can click the tab on the left that is labeled "EDIT". Check box the "Item Collection" selection, and now when you walkthrough the BSP, you will see that the weapons, vehicles and all other spawned item collection items are now present on the bsp. Simply pick which base you want to change all weapons to, then start clicking on each item, and write down the coordinates for each item. There are easier ways to do it, but I want to make sure you are comfortable with everything first, before changing map items on stock xbox maps.

Once all the coordinates are written down with the item name, you will want to open your PC version of the same map with Assembly. Once the map is open, on the top, click on "TAGS", then scroll down the tag tree till you get to "scnr". Expand that tab and you will see the scenario file. Once you click it, the tag chunk/block view will appear. Scroll down till you see "Netgame Equipment". Find each item with the coordinates you wrote. Once you locate one, click on the drop down arrow following the tag referrence and you will be able to change what weapon or vehicle or whatever it is, to something else. Once you are done making changes, simply click the "Save Changes" button and your done.

As an afterthought for you, if you want other players to be able to play your map, everyone will need your version of the map. I would suggest learning how to change the multiligual unicode name of the map, then renaming it, then distributing it. Since I havent done just simple swaps, I am not sure if other players will actually need your swapped map to join or play. Similar to halo CE, it might just be the server that needs the map, since nothing has been altered to the actual palettes or Predicted Resources.
Edited by Twinreaper on Nov 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Edited by Twinreaper on Nov 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM

King88

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 12:11 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
very nice. thanks I'll try do

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 11:52 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website