A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Insert more than 1 animation with HaloAnimationEditor?

Author Topic: Insert more than 1 animation with HaloAnimationEditor? (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 10:51 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Inserting more than 1 animation at a time crashes the program, is there any way to fix that? Recently I've been doing biped animation stuff and it is pretty annoying to keep unloading and loading animations. Also, Kornman's tutorial says that there should be a flag "Fix node checksums" but I don't see it anywhere.
Edited by altis94 on Nov 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM

not giraffe

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 12:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
No way to fix it that I know of. Easiest way is to export all animations from tag with the Bluestreak animation importer. Then export your new animations to the same folder. Fix your node checksums by editing with the notepad (iirc the checksum is on it's own line and should be very close to the top of the document). Then I would make a backup of your current animations tag because when compiling you are going to want to overwrite the current animation tag to keep seats and sound tag references intact.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 01:43 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
One thing he forgot to mention is that your overlay animations will most likely be destroyed when you export all the animations to a location. I remember having to remake some overlay animations because some character's hands came out there ass.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 02:06 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
I'm really not going to reexport all animations and importing overlays with frame info seems to solve the problems mentioned above.

not giraffe

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 03:56 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
I'm really not going to reexport all animations and importing overlays with frame info seems to solve the problems mentioned above.

There is a checkbox to export all animations at once. It shouldn't take more than a minute if you've got a decent computer. And I guess you really don't have to re-export your new animations, just manually fix the checksums and place them in the same folder as the others.
Edited by raffgie on Nov 3, 2014 at 04:00 PM

sparky

Fools deceive, but knowledge of Jesus is life.

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 10:09 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 01:35 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 14, 2018 5:20 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website