A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Lets talk about Halo 2 Anniversary, seriously.

Author Topic: Lets talk about Halo 2 Anniversary, seriously. (32 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 11:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 32       
*Dislcaimer* What you are about to read is sometimes incoherent and unchoreographed *lol*

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6-S9PAtio

So, I was really hyped and decided to scurry around for some H2A stuff, and, to be completely honest, the Blur cinematics are amazing. I don't really need to go into detail about the trailer, It's Halo 2 and I love it.

Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5MBUQYhbSY

So lets talk about the character design they used in H2A, tbh the elites turned out fine to me, I'm very very excited about the elites, heretics and whatnot. Anyways, lets begin with the elites:
I really like the way they turned out, the armor is very resembling to H2 with a mix of Halo Wars. And Brutes really look like Halo 2 brutes which I do love.
Now they didn't show any images or videos of the flood in Halo 2, so lets talk about the marines:
They look nice, I guess. The odst are quite similar to Halo 2, which again I do appreciate and like. The marines look nice even though they resemble Halo Wars marines rather than H2 marines.
Lets skip the drones and talk about the grunts and jackals. Here is where I get really disappointed, they used the same models as the Halo: Reach ones. Most likely out of 'laziness' or time constraints, still, not cool. Not because I personally don't like the Reach artstyle, but because it's sortof lazy and it isn't paying proper tribute to H2A.
*Ps if you don't like people whining, complaining, and asking for stuff then don't read further*

Ok, so we have H2 Anniversary, but not a Halo 2 for pc that is modable to the extent of Halo CE. We have H2 Anniversary, but not a fraken Halo 2 campaing port to Halo CE, hell, we don't even have the H2 assets ported and released. Whens that gonna come out eh? When Halo 3 Anniversary comes out! EH? EHHHH? Tell me, I'd love to void my bowels over this.

Edited by rangerDanger on Nov 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 12:27 AM    Msg. 2 of 32       
The thing is, Halo has a reputation of re-creating every single asset for every single new release, which is why people are offended when stuff gets reused. At least the Jackals look like Jackals from Halo 2, but reusing the Halo Reach grunt (this image) seems somewhat out of place aesthetically, although canonically it does make sense that Grunt armor would remain in use from Halo Reach>CE>2 considering how closely those games take place.

In all I've been avoiding gameplay footage because I want to save those surprises for when the game actually comes out so I really can't talk about what I do/do not like.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 12:47 AM    Msg. 3 of 32       
The reason for reach assets is to have continuity between reach->H1-H2. There is an impressive amount of new HD assets they've done, although I wish they didn't have separate models for MP and SP. MP SMG looks so much better.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 12:47 AM    Msg. 4 of 32       
They may have used Reach's grunts, but I haven't seen them use the H-Pack methane tanks so far. They do seem to be a lot closer to Halo 2's aesthetic style though, a noticeable texture rework especially around the chest.

However what really disappoints me so far is the usage of the Reach Plasma Pistol w/ the H4 Overheat Gauge. It looks weird and out of place, and the plasma rifle's tiny as hell overheat gauge doesn't help it too much either.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 12:52 AM    Msg. 5 of 32       
Ok, so maybe the few Halo: Reach assets do somewhat belong, but I agree with masterr7; why are the mp and sp assets different, it's so strange.

*Warning* I'm about to whine and beg some more, beware, I'm about to whine like a small child:

Seriously can I have 1 good reason why Kirby only released the juggernaut from Halo 2 but not everything else? Because they are unfinished assets? Well then why did Kirby say he is no longer working on H2spp, if so why not release the junk you got. I just want to mod Halo 2 man, can I have that. Plsss. plsssss
Edited by rangerDanger on Nov 7, 2014 at 12:56 AM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 12:58 AM    Msg. 6 of 32       
[ hr] h2spp
Edited by MatthewDratt on Nov 7, 2014 at 12:58 AM

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 01:00 AM    Msg. 7 of 32       
I genuinely laughed at this...

HattyHattington

goldkilla88

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 07:12 PM    Msg. 8 of 32       
Gravemind still looks like a turd, so A+, but before he actually looked and moved cool, now he is literally just a turd, so F-.

Masters1337

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 07:27 PM    Msg. 9 of 32       
He looked like a toothless plant before. This actually looks like Bungie's original concept.

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 07:29 PM    Msg. 10 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

[ hr] h2spp

and here i thought your "there is no SPv3, its just an experiment on the best way to generate hype" would be quote of the year.
i've said it before, and i'll say it again, only 343 ripz more than johnlex.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 07:57 PM    Msg. 11 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079

[ hr] h2spp

and here i thought your "there is no SPv3, its just an experiment on the best way to generate hype" would be quote of the year.
i've said it before, and i'll say it again, only 343 ripz more than johnlex.

I'm gonna have to start putting my quotes on T-shirts and selling them

greg079

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 11:14 PM    Msg. 12 of 32       

not gunna lie, i'd buy it

MatthewDratt

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 02:08 AM    Msg. 13 of 32       

Edited by MatthewDratt on Nov 8, 2014 at 02:09 AM

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 04:51 AM    Msg. 14 of 32       
CE3 merchandise confirmed.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 01:51 PM    Msg. 15 of 32       
So still no one else thinks it's kinda cool how there's a lot of Halo Wars influence on some of the models? Marines are straight up Halo Wars. Anyways looking at some Halo 5 teasers, it looks like Halo2A elites will debut in Halo 5 as well, quite nice to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qLfbp-7WSs

*Warning* Tactical whining inbound! You've been warned.

I'm serious now, if someone doesn't give me some heads up or completely clarifies for me if h2spp is dead, then I'll evacuate my insides and I will die. Is h2spp dead, alive? And what is it going slow if it is alive? What bothers me most is that kirby doesn't friker fraker say antything. He just disappeared even though he is here. He sin't saying anything and I wish he'd just say if it is dead or not, or what is the speed that it is being worked on. If it is a dead project, why not release the finishes and unfinished assets? Idk man. I just want h2. And NO, I can't go play H2 vista because I can't mod it to the extent of Halo CE, so NO.
Edited by rangerDanger on Nov 8, 2014 at 02:01 PM
Edited by rangerDanger on Nov 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM

greg079

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 03:11 PM    Msg. 16 of 32       
i don't think the halo wars influence is cool at all... or the h4. i'd rather them take all of the models and textures from the original game, and increase the quality, not make
h2spp.
(busy, noisy, or oversaturated with lines isn't automatically an improvement)
what the guck is with that line^?
Edited by greg079 on Nov 8, 2014 at 03:11 PM

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 03:14 PM    Msg. 17 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
why did Kirby say he is no longer working on H2spp

When did I ever say that? I stated it was on the backburner, low priority, etc, but in all honesty, the most HCE stuff I've done in the last 3 months, is STARTING an updated dual wield script, based off of what I showed at CE3..... 2 years ago? This one would theoretically have both weapons with functioning overheat, and better human weapon support, etc. I only have like 100 lines, and im assuming I backed it up before I had sent my laptop in for repair... otherwise, I have nothing HCE to show for 3 months lol. I didn't even have my tags folder on my laptop since repairing my laptop 2 or so months ago, till Monday this week, and I'm never at home; at school all week, early in the morning til 9PM at night, and work all weekend.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 03:15 PM    Msg. 18 of 32       

i don't think the halo wars influence is cool at all... or the h4. i'd rather them take all of the models and textures from the original game, and increase the quality, not make
h2spp.
(busy, noisy, or oversaturated with lines isn't automatically an improvement)
what the guck is with that line^?
Edited by greg079 on Nov 8, 2014 at 03:11 PM

I'd LOVE, LOVE to have the original models but higher res, but of course 343 would never do that.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 04:38 PM    Msg. 19 of 32       

*Warning* Tactical whining inbound! You've been warned.

I'm serious now, if someone doesn't give me some heads up or completely clarifies for me if h2spp is dead, then I'll evacuate my insides and I will die. Is h2spp dead, alive? And what is it going slow if it is alive? What bothers me most is that kirby doesn't friker fraker say antything. He just disappeared even though he is here. He sin't saying anything and I wish he'd just say if it is dead or not, or what is the speed that it is being worked on. If it is a dead project, why not release the finishes and unfinished assets? Idk man. I just want h2. And NO, I can't go play H2 vista because I can't mod it to the extent of Halo CE, so NO.
Edited by rangerDanger on Nov 8, 2014 at 02:01 PM

Interesting tale, old chap.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 04:56 PM    Msg. 20 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
why did Kirby say he is no longer working on H2spp

When did I ever say that? I stated it was on the backburner, low priority, etc, but in all honesty, the most HCE stuff I've done in the last 3 months, is STARTING an updated dual wield script, based off of what I showed at CE3..... 2 years ago? This one would theoretically have both weapons with functioning overheat, and better human weapon support, etc. I only have like 100 lines, and im assuming I backed it up before I had sent my laptop in for repair... otherwise, I have nothing HCE to show for 3 months lol. I didn't even have my tags folder on my laptop since repairing my laptop 2 or so months ago, till Monday this week, and I'm never at home; at school all week, early in the morning til 9PM at night, and work all weekend.

>.< I'm sorry Kirby, I just want you to communicate more with us, you're always kind of gone, and you never answer me. And yes I know you probably hate me, but you are my only hope left for happiness. I know this should be left to pm's but you never answer me anyways even if I am as polite and non-trolly/spammy as possible. I know you're a busy guy, but pls gimme some love >.<

Also, to DeLode, thanks mate! I try :3

Keep it classy Halo Maps!

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 12:39 PM    Msg. 21 of 32       
Not directly H2A related, but I thought I'd drop the first H5 gameplay: http://i.gyazo.com/c8266004805e6f1e75f9eb065ca796de.mp4

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 12:58 PM    Msg. 22 of 32       
I guarantee everyone will have a reaction similar to this; "Oh my god what is that, of course 343i copied COD". Tbh I't looks nice, and in my personal opinion, sprint and iron sights are a cool thing. Although I'm not quite sure what's going on with the energy sword there.

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 12:58 PM    Msg. 23 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kozakuu
Not directly H2A related, but I thought I'd drop the first H5 gameplay: http://i.gyazo.com/c8266004805e6f1e75f9eb065ca796de.mp4

That energy sword gave me AIDS.

EDIT: Literally looks like

Edited by MoooseGuy on Nov 9, 2014 at 01:07 PM

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 01:03 PM    Msg. 24 of 32       
On a side note, I don't really care what future Halo games turn out like, or what H2A will look like in the final product. That's because I play PC exclusive and I won't buy an xbox 1, mainly because I have no cash. So I'm stuck with a virtually non-playable Halo 2 port and Halo CE where all I do is spam the forums for h2spp and Halo 2 anims. Judge me.

Masters1337

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 01:29 PM    Msg. 25 of 32       
The iron sights are just a replacement for scope zoom masks, I like it.

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 01:52 PM    Msg. 26 of 32       
Not a big fan of Iron sights TBH... it seems that they're copying Destiny rather than CoD.
Oh well... betas exist for this, after all...

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 01:55 PM    Msg. 27 of 32       
I don't have an opinion about iron sights right now, but I didn't know they were copyrighted material...

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 02:10 PM    Msg. 28 of 32       
woot my h2a physical copy got shipped from the Microsoft store yesterday, should be at my house... tomorrow? they chose next day air for pre order shipping

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 02:13 PM    Msg. 29 of 32       
Sprint I can deal with. ADS I can manage as long as scoping doesn't slow me down. The ONLY thing I don't like (being super critical here) is the sprint animation. It looks super unnatural, clunky, and unoriginal.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 03:19 PM    Msg. 30 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Sprint I can deal with. ADS I can manage as long as scoping doesn't slow me down. The ONLY thing I don't like (being super critical here) is the sprint animation. It looks super unnatural, clunky, and unoriginal.

I agree, it's too reminiscent of the cod sprint. But, to me personally, I don't care too much.
Tbh from what I've seen so far the Halo 5 armor is not too shabby, but some parts of the armor are too alike with the Halo 4 armor, which I do not like.

http://youtu.be/1zre1SbXhhU?t=1m22s

I kinda do wish I had the money for an Xbox 1 though. it's ironic I won't be able to play my favorite Halo remastered. *sigh*

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 04:08 PM    Msg. 31 of 32       
I guarantee everyone will have a reaction similar to this; "Oh my god what is that, of course 343i copied COD". Tbh I't looks nice, and in my personal opinion, sprint and iron sights are a cool thing. Although I'm not quite sure what's going on with the energy sword there.

That's a red dot sight, though, not iron sights.

UHWArby

PIPO vive

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 05:24 PM    Msg. 32 of 32       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
CE3 merchandise confirmed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6240433/Temp/Halomaps/blackguy.jpg
Edited by MatthewDratt on Nov 8, 2014 at 02:09 AM

cool

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu January 23, 2020 3:43 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website