A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 2 Campaign

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Halo 2 Campaign (101 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 01:17 PM    Msg. 1 of 101       
So I know this has been asked before, but, are we ever going to have a Halo 2 Campaign for Halo CE? Also, I know that some people were working on this a while back so how far did they get? were any of the missions even partially made?

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 02:19 PM    Msg. 2 of 101       
It requires a lot of effort and a lot of time to completely remake it for CE. Its been attempted multiple times. The H2SPP got decently far I think in porting Delta Halo, but not sure about what else they did.

Its a bit discouraging too. Why bother remaking it for CE when its been released for PC anyway?

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 02:25 PM    Msg. 3 of 101       
because the current PC version is no where near as good as it could be and needs improving.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 03:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 101       
H2V lets you play the campaign just fine.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 03:23 PM    Msg. 5 of 101       

Edited by rangerDanger on Nov 9, 2014 at 03:43 PM

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 03:27 PM    Msg. 6 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
H2V lets you play the campaign just fine.

Masterz, my boy, my friend, my lover. Let me tell you something; I, personally, want the Halo 2 campaign ported to Halo CE so I can edit, mod, completely change things similar to the extent of Halo CE editing kit. That and the Halo 2 assets. Judge me!

Well you could always port the campaign over yourself and you can edit, mod, and completely change things in the process. Most h2 assets are already available

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 03:30 PM    Msg. 7 of 101       
Ya sure like i could ever do that, besides, what do you mean Halo 2 assets? You mean the poorly ported Halo 2 models rigged to Halo 1 animations? Well then if you say that then we have all the Halo 3 assets too, or do you not want h3 animations anymore since we have all the assets?

MatthewDratt

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 03:36 PM    Msg. 8 of 101       
Ya sure like i could ever do that, besides, what do you mean Halo 2 assets? You mean the poorly ported Halo 2 models rigged to Halo 1 animations? Well then if you say that then we have all the Halo 3 assets too, or do you not want h3 animations anymore since we have all the assets?

If you're looking for weapons, Zteam has ripped h2 and h3 with animations.
Plus some people DO have halo 2 animations for bipeds.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 03:41 PM    Msg. 9 of 101       
But said people have leaked animations. I guess I have to stop bitchin' and whinin' until kirby decides to release the H2 bipeds on his own merits. Maybe then people wont hate me.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 05:10 PM    Msg. 10 of 101       
I have all the assets, I have all the Halo 2 Xbox maps, I've even ported parts of some of the maps to Halo 1. however, I cannot do this on my own. porting the entire Halo 2 campaign to HCE is very difficult. anyway, H2V is bad, there are so, so many flaws in the game, flaws I think we as a community could fix, if we worked together on this.

some pretty pics:

(That's the interior and exterior of In Amber Clade ported direct from Halo 2, its all fully collidable and everything.)

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:23 PM    Msg. 11 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
Most of halo 2's assets are gross, why would you want them? Can't utilize a ton of shader features or game functions from halo 2 anyway either.

Because I do. Just go with it...

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:31 PM    Msg. 12 of 101       
Swag.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:33 PM    Msg. 13 of 101       
I'm going to agree with RangerDanger on this one.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:35 PM    Msg. 14 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
I'm going to agree with RangerDanger on this one.

Swashbuckler's swag.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:52 PM    Msg. 15 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: reachfan

Most of halo 2's assets are gross, why would you want them? Can't utilize a ton of shader features or game functions from halo 2 anyway either.

Because I do. Just go with it...

rangerDanger can you shut up for once, halo 2 assets were rushed and bungie admits that.

Halo 4 got better gameplay than halo 2 and if you think halo 2 is amazing why people are not playing halo 2?
Edited by reachfan on Nov 9, 2014 at 07:30 PM

Because this is Custom Edition, where we have been given the freedom to modify maps as we see fit. If this involves Halo 2 assets, so be it. Some handy Halo 2 assets that come to mind are the submachine gun, the battle rifle, the drop pod, the medical tents, the Seraph, and Heretic Elites.

Your name is Reachfan, so by the logic of, "If you like Halo 2 so much why don't you jut go play it," shouldn't you be playing Reach instead of telling people what they can and can't like?

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:54 PM    Msg. 16 of 101       
True, I'd love to get my hands on a Seriph

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:55 PM    Msg. 17 of 101       
Thank you Echo77 for finally explaining to people that just because someone says they like a certain Halo game or assets from it, that doesn't mean they should just go play that. Idk how many times I must say this, but H2 Vista is almost entirely unbodable.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 08:06 PM    Msg. 18 of 101       
This brings me to my next point (keep in mind this is a friendly discussion). I personally just want the assets, like bipeds and such. But, see... I myself am not skilled enough to do such a thing, I've ported bipeds before yes, but they aren't good. And, Kirby is his own entity, and the only one skilled enough and the only one with the proper tools needed to port the assets/bipeds. Kirby is his own entity, he does not work for no one, and he is a busy person from what I hear. So no one can really do it, or wants to do it. Even if I did want to do it, and even if i was skilled enough, I don't have the tools to extract the animations. But now, what I will do is I will stop asking for this, because I'm just making a fool out of myself. (And I'm not assuming my reputation wasn't already tarnished.

OrangeJuice

halohek.pbworks.com

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 08:17 PM    Msg. 19 of 101       
IMO Simply playing H2V would be to accept the fact that the game already comes with a perfect SMG and BattleRifle. But you'd be trading them for a 100% ineffectice plasma pistol that cannot kill anything even at point-blank range.
And you'd also not be able to do anything with that incredibly restrictive editing kit.

These points bring shame and are unforgivable
Edited by OrangeJuice on Nov 9, 2014 at 08:18 PM

MatthewDratt

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 09:13 PM    Msg. 20 of 101       
Thats not the point, assets is one thing sure, but asking for a full recreation of the game in this engine is silly (H2SPP).

Exactly. You should be looking towards the future... H3SPP

ThirstyGrunt

'...I worked up a big, grunty thirst!'

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 09:21 PM    Msg. 21 of 101       
I don't know, yes I want H3SPP, but H2SPP sounds good too... Jobalisk, I would be happy to help make this idea of yours a reality.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 11:22 PM    Msg. 22 of 101       
Sounds good, but I need more than two people to make this a reality.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 11:48 PM    Msg. 23 of 101       
i can do encounters

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 12:31 AM    Msg. 24 of 101       
encounters would be good, but the most important roll I'm looking for is a BSP porter, I have all the model files, but I'm no good at porting them. The In Amber Clade model required no re-optimising, It worked perfectly first time, the other files I've tried from Cairo station and Delta control are a different story.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 03:41 AM    Msg. 25 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: reachfan
Halo 4 got better gameplay than halo 2 and if you think halo 2 is amazing why people are not playing halo 2?
Edited by reachfan on Nov 9, 2014 at 07:30 PM

Because:
1) Halo 2 no longer is playable online on Xbox
2) H2 Vista was a terribly limited port, and forced a way to game online that PC gamers didn't accept, as they are of course the "master race"
3) You are wrong about Halo 4 having "better" gameplay. So many people yearn for the good old days, which will partially be brought back with the MCC. Not to mention it's completely subjective, although some folks here do in fact believe their opinions are absolute truth.

I think it's too bad not all H2A multiplayer maps are getting a visual upgrade. I'd never need another shooter in my life! That game was just so good, no nonsense like bubble-shields, armor lock and what have you not. Just plain old, simple, fantastic shooting, grenading and vehicular action.

OrangeJuice

halohek.pbworks.com

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 04:11 AM    Msg. 26 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

3) You are wrong about Halo 4 having "better" gameplay. So many people yearn for the good old days, which will partially be brought back with the MCC. Not to mention it's completely subjective

Well yeah it's subjective, you could consider slavery "the good old days" and ....uggh(puke) 90s movie scripting. Subjective being that those two things were "meh, this is stupid" and are only liked today by a minority based on nostalgia alone

Edited by OrangeJuice on Nov 10, 2014 at 04:17 AM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 12:55 PM    Msg. 27 of 101       
mm, I can import the items as scenery but of course they have no collision. (I've imported most of the bsp's for Cairo station.) how do you do the collision, because it won't let me do collision geometry?

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 01:55 PM    Msg. 28 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

3) You are wrong about Halo 4 having "better" gameplay. So many people yearn for the good old days, which will partially be brought back with the MCC. Not to mention it's completely subjective

Well yeah it's subjective, you could consider slavery "the good old days" and ....uggh(puke) 90s movie scripting. Subjective being that those two things were "meh, this is stupid" and are only liked today by a minority based on nostalgia alone

Edited by OrangeJuice on Nov 10, 2014 at 04:17 AM

What an irrelevant comparison.
Really, slavery versus Halo 2.
You actually thought that was a reasonable comparison?

Halo 2 was thé Xbox Multiplayer shooter, and a great many still prefer its gameplay over the tacky, gimmicky, armor-load + armor-abilities nonsense. An over-complicated (as in, pace-breaking) gameplay Halo 3, Reach etc introduced. Your subjective argument of "meh, this is stupid" holds absolutely no ground, nor is it based on nostalgia alone.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 02:25 PM    Msg. 29 of 101       
I'm sorry guys, but If you want to debate halo 2 move it to another forum, this one is not the place.

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 09:12 PM    Msg. 30 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
mm, I can import the items as scenery but of course they have no collision. (I've imported most of the bsp's for Cairo station.) how do you do the collision, because it won't let me do collision geometry?

The bsp is the collision itself, that's why all those crappy work around's ruin the point of even porting to halo ce. The aforementioned above^^^

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 01:18 PM    Msg. 31 of 101       
what I meant is i made a model file for a scenery object using the Halo 2 BSP, but naturally the collision model doesn't work.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 15, 2014 07:07 AM    Msg. 32 of 101       
Does it has holz?

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 15, 2014 11:11 PM    Msg. 33 of 101       
depends, If you mean the In Amber Clade the bridge has some holes but the HEV bay works perfectly, as for the scenery, that's just one big hole. It has no collidable structure.

beaucephal

CMT SPv3 audio dude

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 09:52 AM    Msg. 34 of 101       
Wouldn't it be a more sensible idea to hack additional features into H2V? Seeing as much of the current functionality we have with HCE was hacked in to begin with, why bother backporting all the content from one janky engine to another one?

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 01:01 PM    Msg. 35 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Negroid
Why do you degenerates want to remake a campaign that is the worst one out all of the original Halos?

because you degenerate. that is precisely the reason. the campaign could be done better. and no body else is going to do it so we should.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 15, 2018 8:25 PM 594 ms.
A Halo Maps Website