A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 2 Campaign

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo 2 Campaign (101 messages, Page 2 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 05:36 PM    Msg. 36 of 101       
We have all the required assets for halo 2, It's possible to rip the BSP's. I know this cause I've done it. picture this. being able to play all three of the original campaigns (and maybe ODST and Reach as well) in the same program, that being Halo CE. this is possible. we just have to rally together and do it.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 06:00 PM    Msg. 37 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
We have all the required assets for halo 2, It's possible to rip the BSP's. I know this cause I've done it. picture this. being able to play all three of the original campaigns (and maybe ODST and Reach as well) in the same program, that being Halo CE. this is possible. we just have to rally together and do it.

Not to rain plasma fire on your parade but us coming together is unlikely at best.

SGT Arroyo

golden

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 06:43 PM    Msg. 38 of 101       
LET IT RAIN PLASMSA!!!!!!!

YSlayer12

"We are made of MLG Qwikscopes"

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 06:44 PM    Msg. 39 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Negroid
Why do you degenerates want to remake a campaign that is the worst one out all of the Halos?

Cough HALO 4 CAMPAIGN Cough
Edited by YSlayer12 on Nov 19, 2014 at 06:45 PM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 07:03 PM    Msg. 40 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12

Opinion?

Cough OPINION Cough

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 07:19 PM    Msg. 41 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

Opinion?

Cough OPINION Cough

This guy tho.

I actually liked the Halo 4 Campaign. Was a nice change from the previous installments.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 08:37 PM    Msg. 42 of 101       
hey, what the hell guys? I just bought that umbrella and then it had to rain plasma fire...

IDK, I just think it would be really cool to try and at least port some of the levels from Halo 2 to Halo 1 (especially Cairo station and Flood labs)

YSlayer12

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 08:40 PM    Msg. 43 of 101       
We have H2V, we should try doing halo 3

RabbitFood

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 08:41 PM    Msg. 44 of 101       
how about instead we port The Library to halo 2 Vista?

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 09:40 PM    Msg. 45 of 101       
we have halo 2 vista, however, halo 2 vista can be improved. there are already people working on porting halo 3. and rabbit food. flood labs is not the library, when I said flood labs I meant the whole two levels, including the one before flood labs. I love that part. I think it's great.

RabbitFood

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 09:51 PM    Msg. 46 of 101       
we have halo 2 vista, however, halo 2 vista can be improved. there are already people working on porting halo 3. and rabbit food. flood labs is not the library, when I said flood labs I meant the whole two levels, including the one before flood labs. I love that part. I think it's great.

I know, I was making a joke. Let's port the worst level in Halo:CE to Halo 2 with a terrible EK.

spartin115

Scripter;Level design; AI; Animation

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 10:56 PM    Msg. 47 of 101       
My biggest problem with Halo 2: Vista, besides the terrible Editing Kit, is how bad of a PC port it is. Not only is the game locked at some crazy low FoV without a third party hack, but the game also has some godawful mouse acceleration that is irremovable, making the use of mouse and keyboard an extremely frustrating experience. The only thing that the game did right was allow the animations to run at 60 FPS, which, ironically, is the only thing that would be made worse if the campaign was ported to CE. Oh, that and all of the other stuff that the CE engine just cant handle.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 11:59 PM    Msg. 48 of 101       
heres a way to improve the campaign, put more than 5 ai in the battlefield, that is why it is so boring, not too many enemies...

beaucephal

CMT SPv3 audio dude

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 10:15 AM    Msg. 49 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles
Most of the h2v modding interest is just gone, and nobody can code or really understand the engine enough. Korn made some ground into some cool areas, but ultimately the game is barebones since most of the editing kit was gutted. With CE, we have the majority of the kit to work with, we "hacked" the locked off sections of the kit for the functionality we have now. And OS was sensible enough to do since the CE community still somehow lives and produces content.

Yeah, I hear ya on that. More that just from a logistical perspective it seems like it would make more sense than ripping and porting a whole other game into an inferior engine. I totally get it'll probably never happen, but if I'm being honest I don't rate the chances of a successful port too highly either...

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 12:48 PM    Msg. 50 of 101       
THANK YOU! that is precisely what I've been getting at since the beginning!

Also. Rabbit food, I actually liked the Library. It was good, my fav level though is still C10 Guilty spark.

YSlayer12

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 06:31 PM    Msg. 51 of 101       
THANK YOU! that is precisely what I've been getting at since the beginning!

Also. Rabbit food, I actually liked the Library. It was good, my fav level though is still C10 Guilty spark.

You die today.

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 08:12 PM    Msg. 52 of 101       
the library was good with the mod where you go with Spartan allies and covenant are also there... so flood aren't attacking me all the time

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 11:03 PM    Msg. 53 of 101       
I disagree, It needs to be done how it was made, It's the perfect halo horror ride, second only to guilty spark. (although flood labs comes in a close third.) although, in order to fully appreciate it it really does need to be played on legendary.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 11:11 PM    Msg. 54 of 101       
I disagree, It needs to be done how it was made, It's the perfect halo horror ride, second only to guilty spark. (although flood labs comes in a close third.) although, in order to fully appreciate it it really does need to be played on legendary.

I think a big reason people don't like The Library is that it's just so repetetive.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 01:25 AM    Msg. 55 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

I think a big reason people don't like The Library is that it's just so repetetive.

While it was lengthy and exhausting back when I was a wee lad, I didn't experience it as overly repetitive. What got me was the repeated big-door sections, out of which tons of Flood came pooring each time. It really did have a strong horror-side to it. The repeating big-door sections further strengthened that, as you knew each time something terrible was coming.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 10:02 AM    Msg. 56 of 101       
Speaking of coming together.

What is the largest community project to date?

By community I mean at least 8 different ppl involved in a project, random strangers.

rcghalohell

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 12:20 PM    Msg. 57 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

While it was lengthy and exhausting back when I was a wee lad, I didn't experience it as overly repetitive. What got me was the repeated big-door sections, out of which tons of Flood came pooring each time. It really did have a strong horror-side to it. The repeating big-door sections further strengthened that, as you knew each time something terrible was coming.

ill never forget, waiting at the door on the second or 3rd floor out by the center and flood drop down a mile away, inching closer to me, the horror... mainly because I never waste ammo on floodlets

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 12:21 PM    Msg. 58 of 101       
probably CMT.

there was a wee bit of repetition but that didn't take away from the horror aspect which I think worked great. I enjoyed it a lot. I still do.
Edited by Jobalisk on Nov 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 06:08 AM    Msg. 59 of 101       
I adore people who have never experienced the time and effort yielded in a project.

It fathoms me however how yet, they still seem to possess an ulterior idealism that any project takes 2 days to complete.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 10:33 AM    Msg. 60 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: MDestroyer117

probably CMT.

there was a wee bit of repetition but that didn't take away from the horror aspect which I think worked great. I enjoyed it a lot. I still do.
Edited by Jobalisk on Nov 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Honestly CMT made a mistake spliting up... H2V is crap...

You did an amazing on SPV3 why not Finnish H2 CMT Campaign? You did say you were going to do H2 CMT Campaign.

It was never CMT working on the H2 campaign.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 01:21 PM    Msg. 61 of 101       
I have no such Ideas. I know this project would take years to complete, and I consider it very troublesome to undergo such a project. however It would be damn cool to do it anyway.

YSlayer12

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 05:25 PM    Msg. 62 of 101       
Meep.

If you want a good version of H2 just buy the Xbone and buy the MCC.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 06:32 PM    Msg. 63 of 101       
Apparently MCC is buggier than AC: Unity. That's pretty buggy.
Edited by Spartan314 on Nov 22, 2014 at 06:33 PM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 06:56 PM    Msg. 64 of 101       
but that's on Xbox, I want to do it on PC.

Oskarmandude

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 07:36 PM    Msg. 65 of 101       

Why do you degenerates want to remake a campaign that is the worst one out all of the Halos?

Halo 4's campaign was one of the only good Halo campaigns.

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 04:02 PM    Msg. 66 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rododo
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/587/589/c26.png

Halo 1 tells a simple story
Who the heck knows what they were trying to do with Halo 2
Halo 3 tries to cover up halo 2's mess
Halo 3: ODST is Bungie trying the hardest they can to tell a character story but failing
Halo: Reach is Bungie trying to tell another character story but they kill off everyone before you can even remember their name
Halo 4 tells a character story and at least does it well. The issue is the gameplay gets repetitive.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 05:42 PM    Msg. 67 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Rododo
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/587/589/c26.png

Halo 1 tells a simple story
Who the heck knows what they were trying to do with Halo 2
Halo 3 tries to cover up halo 2's mess
Halo 3: ODST is Bungie trying the hardest they can to tell a character story but failing
Halo: Reach is Bungie trying to tell another character story but they kill off everyone before you can even remember their name
Halo 4 tells a character story and at least does it well. The issue is the gameplay gets repetitive.

Halo 1 tells a story of a dwindling mankind, a story of soldiers with their backs against the wall. By chance they stumble upon an ancient Alien ringworld known as Halo, holding unimagineable horrors.
Halo 2 tells the story of a desperate battle for Earth. Featuring amazing vehicular battles, and alley to alley based combat in Mombasa. The Arbiter is introduced, a Zealot shamed for letting the demon destroy Halo. By a twist of fate, his path merges with his former foe. Epic battles on Delta Halo ensue in a desperate race to stop the key from turning.
Halo 3 finishes the fight. As Elites have now become an ally to Humanity in their struggle against the Prophets and Brutes. But now the danger known as the Flood takes an unprecedented urgency. Their epic quest takes them to the amazing Forerunner Construct known as The Ark. Where after a heroic campaign, the Flood is finally stopped.
Halo 3 ODST focused on a hardy squad of ODSTs, and humanity's struggle in the era beyond the Prophet of Regret's retreat. The character development was iffy, but the action was decent fun in some levels, mostly the vehicular ones.
Halo Reach had a terrible story, should have followed the books.
Halo 4 is an attempt of Microsoft and 343 to expand Halo beyond its expected lifetime, and was better suited for another franchise. This is not how Halo was meant to be played.

I hope I have clarified Halo's storylines for you!
Edited by DaLode on Nov 23, 2014 at 05:44 PM

MatthewDratt

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 05:53 PM    Msg. 68 of 101       
Well I didn't like the gameplay from Halo 2 either.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 06:08 PM    Msg. 69 of 101       
I loved Halo 2's gameplay, however I respect your opinion.
May you tread warm sands.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 06:16 PM    Msg. 70 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I loved Halo 2's gameplay, however I respect your opinion.
May you tread warm sands.

I googled image warm sand is this is what I got for my reply

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 20, 2019 5:53 PM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website