A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 2 Campaign

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev
Author Topic: Halo 2 Campaign (101 messages, Page 3 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 10:29 PM    Msg. 71 of 101       
I too enjoyed the halo 2 game play. I still do, however that doesn't stop me from thinking it could be drastically improved, and I still want to be able to play it in Halo CE.

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 10:30 PM    Msg. 72 of 101       
I'm beating the Halo 2 campaign once again just for the nostalgia... that's the only thing that makes me enjoy it.

Diaboy

A self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibility

Posted: Nov 28, 2014 07:32 AM    Msg. 73 of 101       
I found that Halo 2 was the most interesting because unlike the majority of games released to day with is usually GOOD VS BAD HURR DURR, Halo 2 did a bit of perspective from both sides. And yeah, I know, in reality the Arbiter is portrayed as another 'good guy' and Tartarus/ Prophet of Truth are the 'bad guys' but it shook it up a little and I thought the insight was a welcome addition to the series - even if the execution was a bit all over the place.

I personally found Halo Reach somewhat uninspiring - for a 'character driven' story, none of the characters were particularly likeable or memorable, and also: plot holes galore. It was pretty much a "more epic" rehash of ODST, but without any of the atmosphere. I guess it just didn't tell the story I wanted to hear, which sounds awfully conceited when I put it like that, but I thought it was going to be a bit more explorative of the back story of the Spartan II's, but no, instead we got some weird extra additions to the canon that probably didn't need to be there. Shrug.

Edit:
I keep forgetting that Reach wasn't the most recent Halo release. This makes me feel old.
Edited by Diaboy on Nov 28, 2014 at 07:35 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 28, 2014 09:38 AM    Msg. 74 of 101       
Halo - 1 > Oh Ma Gawd This is turtely awesum!

Halo - 2 > Sweet! New armour, dual wield, more weapons more vehicles > Slightly crappier texel quality.

Halo - 3 > OMG FAP FAP FAP FAP! Multiplayer?! Theatre Mode!!!! FORGE MODE!!!!!!!!!!!

Halo - 3 ODST > But I dun wanna be a trooper pooper! Nice city enviroments btw.

Halo - Reach > Customizable armour? Armour Abilities? Space?!!! Ostriches?!!! Keewls

Halo - Ce Ani > Que? Didn't we already have this one?

Halo - 4 > Fuq u 343i

Halo - MCC > Wipe your self off! Your making horrible games!

Halo - 5 > COD Mod Confirmed

Vergil

you're just mad cuz you're angry

Posted: Nov 28, 2014 09:39 AM    Msg. 75 of 101       
ADS-like zoom graphics = cod

Schreddor

halo 2 is a masterpiece of vidya gaems

Posted: Dec 1, 2014 10:13 AM    Msg. 76 of 101       
Quote: Who the heck knows what they were trying to do with Halo 2

Well, Bungie did confirm they had to cut almost all of Halo 2's last portion, in order to ship the game as scheduled.

rip forerunner tank
Edited by Schreddor on Dec 1, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 1, 2014 12:47 PM    Msg. 77 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
ADS-like zoom graphics = cod

If you think about it, though, Call of Duty is now guys sprinting around in power armor, maneuvering with thruster packs, mantling objects, firing lasers, and calling in heavy weapons via care packages, while Halo 5 seems to be guys sprinting around in power armor, maneuvering with thruster packs, clambering over objects, firing lasers, and waiting on heavy weapons to spawn on their own. Halo has the Ghost and the Scorpion tank (with quad tread bogeys), CoD: AW has a hover bike and a tank with quad tread bogeys.

I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to say that either one is a clone or mod of the other, but it's kinda funny to see that two franchises with fanbases that previously divided themselves into two distinct camps are now seeing those franchises seemingly blending themselves with one another.

xx_kiLLaz_XX

Opensauce 4.0 is finally out!

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 06:28 PM    Msg. 78 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Rododo
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12

Quote: --- Original message by: Negroid
Why do you degenerates want to remake a campaign that is the worst one out all of the Halos?

Cough HALO 4 CAMPAIGN Cough
Edited by YSlayer12 on Nov 19, 2014 at 06:45 PM

Halo 4's campaign was one of the only good Halo campaigns.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/587/589/c26.png

Halo 1 tells a simple story
Who the heck knows what they were trying to do with Halo 2
Halo 3 tries to cover up halo 2's mess
Halo 3: ODST is Bungie trying the hardest they can to tell a character story but failing
Halo: Reach is Bungie trying to tell another character story but they kill off everyone before you can even remember their name
Halo 4 tells a character story and at least does it well. The issue is the gameplay gets repetitive.

We need a WHOLE H3 campaign not just sierra 117

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 06:32 PM    Msg. 79 of 101       
yes, and If Mathew Dratt does well enough with the first level then perhaps others will follow. However, what I want to get right now is the Halo 2 campaign.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:11 PM    Msg. 80 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
yes, and If Mathew Dratt does well enough with the first level then perhaps others will follow. However, what I want to get right now is the Halo 2 campaign.
halo 1 was the best back in the old days halo 2 was hard halo 2 pc had better looking textures was
more like halo 3 and halo 3 was fun ODST I love that one reach not too bad and halo 4 was bad for mp .MCC that was a bad port putting it in 60 fps as you have a hell of a lot of lag in mp

Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 3, 2014 at 08:29 PM

xx_kiLLaz_XX

Opensauce 4.0 is finally out!

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:18 PM    Msg. 81 of 101       

We need to work our way up

SPV3 to H2 SP V2 (Halo singleplayer version 2 CMT )H3 campaign > REACH!!! H4 campaign

Please... for the good of our community!!!

EDIT WHEN I SAW MATTDRATT POST: MATTDRATT!!! WHY DID U SAY BUNGIE SUCKS

Halo 1 tells a simple story
Who the heck knows what they were trying to do with Halo 2
Halo 3 tries to cover up halo 2's mess
Halo 3: ODST is Bungie trying the hardest they can to tell a character story but failing
Halo: Reach is Bungie trying to tell another character story but they kill off everyone before you can even remember their name
Halo 4 tells a character story and at least does it well. The issue is the gameplay gets repetitive.

343 MADE A MESS OF HALO AND IF YOU HATE H3 SO MUCH YOU CAN LET CMT DO Sierra 117...

IT WOULD BE A LOT LOT BETTER!!!!!!!!
Edited by mdestroyer117 on Dec 3, 2014 at 06:23 PM

Unethical Nightmare

Think first before acting

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:28 PM    Msg. 82 of 101       
That's a lot of work though.

YSlayer12

"We are made of MLG Qwikscopes"

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 08:01 PM    Msg. 83 of 101       
Too much. Truthfully, H1 was awesome H2 was decent, with cool new features, decent gameplay, gr8 multiplayer, but weird story. Halo 3 my god was one of my favourites.Awesome maps, both for SP and MP and cool new armor customization. Halo reach was bad story with chracters bieng derps. but the gameplay was new without taking away halo feel. 4 was a monstrosity of a thing...... Halo 5 Cod. Halo 6:Slighty more advanced than Cod:Advanced warfare.

Also, I think that If we remake a campaign it should be H3. With syncing AI for multiplayer co-op WOW!
Edited by YSlayer12 on Dec 3, 2014 at 08:02 PM

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 08:27 PM    Msg. 84 of 101       
This is the stupidest page I've ever read on this forum. It surpasses waffle's and vampire_girl's (rip) fine-smelling $@&# posting only because the majority of the people in this discussion are actually making the effort to convey valid points even though most of what is said is entirely opinion but being pushed like it's fact.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 12:51 AM    Msg. 85 of 101       
Anything beyond Halo 3 odst would be technically unachievable without significant updates and upgrades to the engine.

HEK V2.0 DLC $600 BONUS KITTY PERSONALIZATION confimed.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 01:06 AM    Msg. 86 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
This is the stupidest page I've ever read on this forum. It surpasses waffle's and vampire_girl's (rip) fine-smelling $@&# posting only because the majority of the people in this discussion are actually making the effort to convey valid points even though most of what is said is entirely opinion but being pushed like it's fact.

So is what you just said. This thread is going way off topic so let me put it back on the straight and narrow path. This is not a thread about how good / bad halo 1, 2, 3, 4, ODST, Reach and Wars is. This is simply a thread about are we ever going to see a Halo 2 Campaign port for Halo CE. Some of you may argue that this is pointless. Some of you may say "But we already have Halo 2 Vista." In the topic of this thread comments about these two are pointless. Yes, some of you may hate Halo 2. Some of you may want a Halo 3 port instead. If that is what you want, then why the hell are you in this thread? Believe it or not, there are a large amount of people in the Halo CE community who would like / love a Halo 2 Campaign port. This thread is for them, not you.

And SS Flanker. I am pretty sure that porting any halo game' (with the exception maybe of wars)is possible in Halo CE. Yes, it may require making custom BSP's, Scenery, Bipeds and the rest of the required tags. but that doesn't mean it's impossible.
Edited by Jobalisk on Dec 4, 2014 at 01:08 AM
Edited by Jobalisk on Dec 4, 2014 at 01:09 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 03:21 AM    Msg. 87 of 101       

So is what you just said. This thread is going way off topic so let me put it back on the straight and narrow path. This is not a thread about how good / bad halo 1, 2, 3, 4, ODST, Reach and Wars is. This is simply a thread about are we ever going to see a Halo 2 Campaign port for Halo CE. Some of you may argue that this is pointless. Some of you may say "But we already have Halo 2 Vista." In the topic of this thread comments about these two are pointless. Yes, some of you may hate Halo 2. Some of you may want a Halo 3 port instead. If that is what you want, then why the hell are you in this thread? Believe it or not, there are a large amount of people in the Halo CE community who would like / love a Halo 2 Campaign port. This thread is for them, not you.

And SS Flanker. I am pretty sure that porting any halo game' (with the exception maybe of wars)is possible in Halo CE. Yes, it may require making custom BSP's, Scenery, Bipeds and the rest of the required tags. but that doesn't mean it's impossible.
Edited by Jobalisk on Dec 4, 2014 at 01:08 AM
Edited by Jobalisk on Dec 4, 2014 at 01:09 AM

The halo reach campaign is impossible to port.

Remember Halo Reach = 30 halce's (Bungies own words.)

Edited by SS Flanker on Dec 4, 2014 at 03:23 AM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 03:28 AM    Msg. 88 of 101       
Directly port from the original game files? No. remake from scratch, plausible.
Edited by Jobalisk on Dec 4, 2014 at 03:28 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 03:34 AM    Msg. 89 of 101       

If you want it compromised beyond all recognition and you also happen to have on hand:

Kirby

Matt dratt

Pepzee & mooseguy

Yoda

Waffles

Altis & bourrin

prpatxi

mootjuh

maniac1000

cmt team

With a 2 year willing commitment then yes plausible but as I and bungie have said Hr is 30x what halo ce is.

So unless the the next HEK is 30x better than our current one it's:

Valentin

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 03:43 AM    Msg. 90 of 101       

It would be arduous, but certainly possible. The backgrounds with battles and such would just become skybox, the BSP's would be smaller than in reach meaning more load zones and Long Night of Solace and certain weapon and AI behaviours would be butchered, but it could be possible... but the question is why?

vampire_girl's (rip)

How/why do you even know about that...

Echo77

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 07:37 AM    Msg. 91 of 101       

But a remake wouldn't really be a port, would it?

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 01:14 PM    Msg. 92 of 101       
well we already have the bipeds,some of the weapons and a few other features. With a bit of work we could re-optimize the BSP's for Halo CE (when I say a bit of work, I mean a lot of work) so technically it would be a port of sorts.

However, This is not a forum for how to port Reach. This is a forum on can we get together and port Halo 2 better, and that people is completely possible.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 04:40 PM    Msg. 93 of 101       
Not it isn't.

Some of the lesser levels such as Cairo station perhaps, but I see a boat load of butt hurt when it comes to those covenant elevator levels.

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 04:44 PM    Msg. 94 of 101       
Halo 4 is possible to some extend to port. It's just a matter of some features no matter what would have to be removed. I'm even having troubles with the Halo 3 port.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 04:51 PM    Msg. 95 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Halo 4 is possible to some extend to port. It's just a matter of some features no matter what would have to be removed. I'm even having troubles with the Halo 3 port.

Perhaps i'm defining "port" under the wrong light.

What I define as a port is a map file which is around a 70% match to the original.

If what you mean by port is: Ripping the bsp and just getting it in game that's something entirely different.

@MATT: What problems are you having?

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 06:58 PM    Msg. 96 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Not it isn't.

Some of the lesser levels such as Cairo station perhaps, but I see a boat load of butt hurt when it comes to those covenant elevator levels.

I have made working grav-lifts before, it's not impossible, you just have to believe and have faith in peoples ability's to do the 'impossible'

The only thing in Halo 2 I can see any real difficulty with is duel weilding.
Edited by Jobalisk on Dec 4, 2014 at 06:59 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 07:47 PM    Msg. 97 of 101       

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Not it isn't.

I have made working grav-lifts before, it's not impossible, you just have to believe and have faith in peoples ability's to do the 'impossible'

The only thing in Halo 2 I can see any real difficulty with is duel weilding.
Edited by Jobalisk on Dec 4, 2014 at 06:59 PM

I wasn't talking about grav lifts.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 08:07 PM    Msg. 98 of 101       
The moving bsp or whatever they call them sections I always found tedious and repetive in h2. I don't really get the hate for h4's repetitiveness, h1 had far more copy and paste sections and reach was nothing. It firefight and multiplayer maps crammed into 20 minute missions. It's a far worse offender than h4.

Echo77

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 08:14 PM    Msg. 99 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I don't really get the hate for h4's repetitiveness, h1 had far more copy and paste sections

Halo 1 may have had repeats of BSP segments, but Halo 4 had repetitive actions, particularly running through portals and pushing green buttons.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 09:37 PM    Msg. 100 of 101       
I'm not sure how you can blame H1 for being repetitive when it was at the front line of R & D back in those days.

Re applying meshes within different boundaries is done way more often than you think.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 12:41 PM    Msg. 101 of 101       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I don't really get the hate for h4's repetitiveness, h1 had far more copy and paste sections

Halo 1 may have had repeats of BSP segments, but Halo 4 had repetitive actions, particularly running through portals and pushing green buttons.

You, mister Echo77, like share almost all my views on Halo.
May I say that you are a wise man :-)

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat February 23, 2019 11:06 AM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website