A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »halo 5 gameplay beta and aiming down sight [videi]

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: halo 5 gameplay beta and aiming down sight [videi] (77 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

sshers4

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:14 PM    Msg. 1 of 77       

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 77       
The ADS is just a replacement for the scope zoom mask, it's not changing gameplay. People need to stop jumping to conclusions about this crap and just wait for the official unveiling tomorrow.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:26 PM    Msg. 3 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The ADS is just a replacement for the scope zoom mask, it's not changing gameplay.

So much this. This is a brief-animation that replaces what has previously been an instantaneous snap into a magnified view. Leave that for the smart-linked scopes.

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:34 PM    Msg. 4 of 77       

Is that an smg

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 77       
Yes, sir. Also I concur with Masterz and Echo.

Echo77

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:38 PM    Msg. 6 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
http://i.imgur.com/NDjwqme.png?1

Is that an smg

With a plasma grenade launcher, apparently. If you watch the video closely, you can see it recoil heavily an instant before a plasma grenade seems to appear on the target.

What is this I don't even

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:48 PM    Msg. 7 of 77       
It's not, the red player was already stuck with a plasma grenade and he was just using his thruster pack to jump backwards, which is why his gun was not in the aiming position.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:51 PM    Msg. 8 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
It's not, the red player was already stuck with a plasma grenade and he was just using his thruster pack to jump backwards, which is why his gun was not in the aiming position.

Oh well my bad Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 06:56 PM    Msg. 9 of 77       

This man is right ^

On a different note, what's the deal with the new Energy Blade/Sword thing? Looks kinda weird and.... Red.

A Juicy Frank

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:40 PM    Msg. 10 of 77       
As long as there isn't any loadout crap, or armor abilities.

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 07:46 PM    Msg. 11 of 77       
or killstreak instagib-calldown gimmicks

you know... things that make it like call of duty

besides, subtle differences every game are definitely preferable to ' 30 years of Mario NES rehashes ' syndrome

" Why doesn't this game have a mission taking place on a halo every game?! " To avoid nostalgiaFaggotry
Edited by OrangeJuice on Nov 9, 2014 at 07:51 PM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 11:04 PM    Msg. 12 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: A Juicy Frank

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 03:44 AM    Msg. 13 of 77       
Are you sure it'snot COD AW.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 09:36 AM    Msg. 14 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: A Juicy Frank
It's already been stated that they really are going back to arena, with fair starts and everything. At least, for part of the MP. I'm sure other parts will have loadouts which I welcome. Playlists for classic, playlists for new, etc.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 12:29 PM    Msg. 15 of 77       
Am I the only one who cant access the footage leaks.

EDIT

wuts a prophets bane
Edited by VKNG on Nov 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 12:37 PM    Msg. 16 of 77       
Oh look. More next-gyn lens flares.

Echo77

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 02:03 PM    Msg. 17 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Quote: --- Original message by: reachfan
Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood

This man is right ^

On a different note, what's the deal with the new Energy Blade/Sword thing? Looks kinda weird and.... Red.

is anyone else happy with the ADS?
I don't like it. Well I'd like it if it was only for elites, but since spartans have a motherforking XVI century HUD that can show exactly where the gun is pointing at... Yeah, pointless.

Yet they still bother to mount attachments to their guns and are unable to use this HUD to provide a magnified view while firing any weapon that doesn't have a smart-linked scope.
Edited by Echo77 on Nov 10, 2014 at 02:06 PM

Vergil

you're just mad cuz you're angry

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 02:28 PM    Msg. 18 of 77       
we could get in the whole "why don't they have THIS in the future" bit but staten summed it up perfectly

"weapons 200 years in the future are going to be totally boring. A weapon 200 years in the future will be a glass of water, and you drink it, and all your enemies die. Then we go back to fun guns"

fun guns

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 09:17 PM    Msg. 19 of 77       
http://youtu.be/7hjIKxxgUbw

Looks promising IMO.Overall I hope there are gametypes without sprint and it can be removed in custom games. Ads tbh I don't really care about. It will be the same as the zoom.

YSlayer12

"We are made of MLG Qwikscopes"

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 12:23 AM    Msg. 20 of 77       
Oh my god.Halo's Smart-Linked Scopes were one of the reasons it stood out from other games, but thanks too our good friends at 343, they have made this game a mainstream piece of ****

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 12:25 AM    Msg. 21 of 77       
Watched the HaloFest livestream. I liked what I saw, though I don't know how I feel about having almost every weapon aim down the sights. Then again it won't effect me too much in Multiplayer anyway because I'm an Assault Rifle player.

Echo77

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 12:35 AM    Msg. 22 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: YSlayer12
Oh my god.Halo's Smart-Linked Scopes were one of the reasons it stood out from other games, but thanks too our good friends at 343, they have made this game a mainstream piece of ****

They're functionally identical, and there's no penalty for hip-firing.

I don't know what you classified Halo as before if you think it's only now becoming mainstream. It certainly wasn't an indie project. Out of all the things to be outraged about where the Halo franchise went after Halo 3, though, the mere addition of an ADS feature seems like the one of the most trivial, especially when iron sights have existed on guns in the Halo franchise since Combat Evolved, yet we've never actually been able to use them. Because professional soldiers from the future should shoot from the hip like Old West cowboys, or something.
Edited by Echo77 on Nov 11, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 01:33 AM    Msg. 23 of 77       
did they really just port a bad port?

YSlayer12

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 01:56 AM    Msg. 24 of 77       
see, but titanfall.Team Fortress poo, CoD those types of games were gameplay similar. Halo is meant too be a fast paced Arena. Ironsights is probably going to slow down the gameplay
Edited by YSlayer12 on Nov 11, 2014 at 03:12 AM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 02:29 AM    Msg. 25 of 77       
see, but CS, CoD those types of games were gameplay similar. Halo is meant too be a fast paced Arena. Ironsights is probably going to slow down the gameplay

--You obviously have never played CS.

--There is no edict where as a game must stick to every trope that comes with the genre title "arena shooter".

--And as everyone here has already stated the iron sights are nothing more than a cosmetic change from the scope in screen to ADS. And the new movement system, which looks heavily inspired by their previous games (evade/thruster pack, jet pack).

Valentin

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 02:59 AM    Msg. 26 of 77       
see, but CS, CoD those types of games were gameplay similar

What.
CS and CoD are nothing alike.

YSlayer12

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 03:14 AM    Msg. 27 of 77       
i was joking.the style of gameplay is diff, just like TFP, and battlefield.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 04:34 AM    Msg. 28 of 77       
I see Halo 5 features a new exciting addition called ground pound!
Have always wanted to use a good ol' Pokémon style body slam attack on my opponents :-O

No but really, this could end up becoming Halo 5's armor lock. I already find it absolutely ridiculous. Aside from that, I dislike the gimmicky visual look of most of the weaponry showed. I almost dare say it's TOO sci-fi.

I have nothing against iron sights per sé, but I do when it all looks really stupid imo.

Then there's also the err, slight jetpack boosts that let you boost quickly to the sides?
And since when has Halo become Assasin's creed in terms of jumping around levels?

The Halo series has strayed way too far from its roots, and I again repeat they should have done all this stuff with a new IP.

FrostyVA
-banned for profanity-

Dramatic Reader of Halomaps Posts.

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 05:14 AM    Msg. 29 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Pokémon

Pokemon became such a crappy franchise after Generation V. Please go play a different monster collecting game like Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest Monsters, and basically any monster collecting game that is not Pokemon after Black and White.
Also these mascots more cuddly than Pikachu.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 05:20 AM    Msg. 30 of 77       
Disclaimer: I never played Gen V Pokémon. On a sidenote I must also say I am not an immediate fan of Mega-Evolutions either, as that is Digimons thing.

Pokémon Silver was the best one I played :-)
Although I also enjoyed the Hoenn region games, which were in fact my last Pokémon titles.

YSlayer12

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 05:45 AM    Msg. 31 of 77       
WTF. Halomaps turns into: Pokémaps.com

FrostyVA
-banned for profanity-

Dramatic Reader of Halomaps Posts.

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 05:58 AM    Msg. 32 of 77       

Well, Any Halo game post-Reach and any Pokemon game post-HeartGold and SoulSilver have one thing in common, they're terrible! :D Anyways screw Halo 5 and Pokemon discussion. Let's talk about Shin Megami Tensei. So guys, who is your favorite SMT protagonist? Mine is Aleph because he basically commits deicide. ;)

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 06:15 AM    Msg. 33 of 77       
Interesting tale, old chap.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 07:48 AM    Msg. 34 of 77       
Quote: --- Original message by: FrostyVA

Well, Any Halo game post-Reach and any Pokemon game post-HeartGold and SoulSilver have one thing in common, they're terrible! :D Anyways screw Halo 5 and Pokemon discussion. Let's talk about Shin Megami Tensei. So guys, who is your favorite SMT protagonist? Mine is Aleph because he basically commits deicide. ;)

What are your thoughts on the Ruby/Sapphire remakes? I don't have a 3ds but its something that makes me want to go get one for Nostalgia purposes, but I haven't played a Pokemon game since I finished the original Ruby :(

beaucephal

CMT SPv3 audio dude

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 09:09 AM    Msg. 35 of 77       
Back on topic, that all looked like they took some Dewed-up, hyperactive 13-year-old fan's wish list of 'things that should be in a new Halo game' and implemented it verbatim.

"JETPACKS!" Check.
"GROUND-POUNDING!" Check.
"ANIME-DASHES!" Check.
"SCOPES ON EVERYTHING!" Check.
"Uh... umm... MANTLING!" Check.
"YOU CAN RUN EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME!" Check.
"AND YOU CAN DO PARKOUR!" Ehh, you might have to wait until Halo 6 for that one, Timmy.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 5:26 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website