A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Why does everyone brutally attack people for liking Halo 4?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Why does everyone brutally attack people for liking Halo 4? (50 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Unethical Nightmare

Think first before acting

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 50       
How is liking a video game causing such tremendous pain in others? Why do those idiots care who likes what?

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: Unethical Nightmare
How is liking a video game causing such tremendous pain in others? Why do those idiots care who likes what?
halo 4 is gay too much like COD!!

Unethical Nightmare

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 50       
That's a very unintelligent reason for wanting to cause pain and misery.

DOOM899

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 50       
That's a very unintelligent reason for wanting to cause pain and misery.
I didn't say that however most of halo maps didn't like it so you get the idea

Unethical Nightmare

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:34 PM    Msg. 5 of 50       
That does not justify attacking people for liking something you don't. Enjoying a different product is not a valid reason for bigotry, resentment, and doing everything possible to make someone suffer.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:45 PM    Msg. 6 of 50       
I don't attack people who like it, but it didn't meet my criteria for a Halo game, so I don't care much for it. I'll tell them why I didn't like it, I'll tell them why I might not agree with their reasoning, but I don't tell them they're stupid just because they like something that I'm not fond of.
Edited by Echo77 on Dec 3, 2014 at 06:47 PM

FtDSpartn

Verified AI.

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 50       
For the same reason that people 'brutally attack' bronies or 'brutally attack' the opposing team's fans in sports or 'brutally attack' those people that use the other console.

Unethical Nightmare

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 06:49 PM    Msg. 8 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

I don't attack people who like it, but it didn't meet my criteria for a Halo game, so I don't care much for it. I'll tell them why I didn't like it, I'll tell them why I might not agree with their reasoning, but I don't tell them they're stupid just because they like something that I'm not fond of.
Edited by Echo77 on Dec 3, 2014 at 06:47 PM

Cool you're a lot better than most I'd say

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 07:08 PM    Msg. 9 of 50       
I don't know anything about "Brutally Attacking", maybe verbally? Even then, I'm sure that's only on the internet where no one matters.

The reason Halo 4 gets such a bad rap is because it is the worst Halo multiplayer experience of all the games. From bad map design to unbalanced starting loadouts the game really didn't cater to any type of Halo fan.

That's not to say the game isn't fun, it's just not nearly as good as it's predecessors.

BUT I'd also like to add, the Single Player had the best story-telling, second only to Halo 2.

Hope that helps.
Edited by YakZSmelk on Dec 3, 2014 at 07:10 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 07:09 PM    Msg. 10 of 50       
I still really like Halo 4 and think both it's MP and SP are the closest to the original the game series has been.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 07:18 PM    Msg. 11 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk
The reason Halo 4 gets such a bad rap is because it is the worst Halo multiplayer experience of all the games. From bad map design to unbalanced starting loadouts the game really didn't cater to any type of Halo fan.

I've not had any multiplayer experience outside of Combat Evolved and Custom Edition, so my distaste isn't rooted in whatever issues it may have with MP, I just didn't like it because the aesthetic and the story and a bunch of other details didn't fit with what Halo is to me.

YSlayer12

"We are made of MLG Qwikscopes"

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 07:56 PM    Msg. 12 of 50       
playing every halo game, I can say Halo 4 was the worst. Halo 2 campaign was bad, the cliffhanger at the end was a killer. But you know what I'm happy I waited, Because H3 was way better than H2. H4's story was decent, But multiplayer... It was by far the @#$%^&*(@#$%^&*&^%$ thing I've seen.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 07:56 PM    Msg. 13 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

I don't think I'll really ever understand the hate for COD.

I got together with some of my friends the other day and basically argued MCC was just a refresh of old titles and they adamantly maintained that COD was worse (I have no idea how it entered the conversation to be honest). And that really struck my curiosity. When I asked them, though, all they could really come up with is "well it's the same thing every year." But think about it - every year the people over at Treyarch/Infinity Ward have to design new assets, maps and create them; probably come up with some half-baked campaign with the appropriate voice actors and levels in the process. Never has it ever been the same thing as the previous title with just updated graphics ala MCC. Speaking as someone who's pretty ambivalent toward the series, COD is good for what it is - a regularly updated arcade shooter with a consistent formula. It's not designed as a case study for how to design an engaging and fulfilling game, but a popular one that anyone can get into for a match or two of entertainment.

I have to conclude, then, that the hate garnered about it is less individual disdain than it is just trying to be part of the crowd. You see an environment where there are people that are literally disgusted by something and a bunch of others that just want to hop on the bandwagon to look edgy. Those that don't care or perhaps even slightly favor a title remain silent to prevent being a target of this crowd. Those that proactively support it are then seen as easy targets for the bandwagoners to vindicate themselves and those they imitate.

This is how you end up with situations similar to that on this forum regarding Halo 4. It's also how you end up with corrupt regimes in real world politics; the most recent and well-known of which being Nazi Germany. Now, I'm not saying detractors are nazis, but they're pretty much nazis.

DOOM899

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 08:27 PM    Msg. 14 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel

I don't think I'll really ever understand the hate for COD.

I got together with some of my friends the other day and basically argued MCC was just a refresh of old titles and they adamantly maintained that COD was worse (I have no idea how it entered the conversation to be honest). And that really struck my curiosity. When I asked them, though, all they could really come up with is "well it's the same thing every year." But think about it - every year the people over at Treyarch/Infinity Ward have to design new assets, maps and create them; probably come up with some half-baked campaign with the appropriate voice actors and levels in the process. Never has it ever been the same thing as the previous title with just updated graphics ala MCC. Speaking as someone who's pretty ambivalent toward the series, COD is good for what it is - a regularly updated arcade shooter with a consistent formula. It's not designed as a case study for how to design an engaging and fulfilling game, but a popular one that anyone can get into for a match or two of entertainment.

I have to conclude, then, that the hate garnered about it is less individual disdain than it is just trying to be part of the crowd. You see an environment where there are people that are literally disgusted by something and a bunch of others that just want to hop on the bandwagon to look edgy. Those that don't care or perhaps even slightly favor a title remain silent to prevent being a target of this crowd. Those that proactively support it are then seen as easy targets for the bandwagoners to vindicate themselves and those they imitate.

This is how you end up with situations similar to that on this forum regarding Halo 4. It's also how you end up with corrupt regimes in real world politics; the most recent and well-known of which being Nazi Germany. Now, I'm not saying detractors are nazis, but they're pretty much nazis.
I didn't say I hated it I just feel if you need to play cod go play if you need to play halo go play if the games have the same feel what's the point of calling it halo? if it's just like cod?
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 3, 2014 at 08:27 PM

beaucephal

CMT SPv3 audio dude

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 08:38 PM    Msg. 15 of 50       
Eh, I liked it.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 08:41 PM    Msg. 16 of 50       
Because it's not. Halo and COD have very different gunplay. Halo has much longer kill times and a "shell mechanic" with the shields. Some weapons are more effective against the outer shell, but less effective on the armor, and vice-versa. Halo requires the player to make use of a set of tools placed on the map in order to win, and encourages team play considering you can't always outshine another player simply because you're holding a better gun. Your weapons are your tools of destruction. If you want a different gun which will change your play style, you're going to have to neutralize a path to its spawn or kill the player holding it. With Call of Duty, gameplay is very individualized (AFAIK) and easy to play. Getting kills requires lightning fast reflexes, and the ability to adjust your reticle while under fire. Maps are typically circular with no defined areas that one team controls. Also, you typically rely on your loadout to be able to function in multiplayer, as picking weapons off of fallen enemies is far less encouraged. COD has guns that are obviously better than others with no downside, which are typically awarded for playing the game long enough. Even if Halo adopts modern day shooter mechanics like ADS or clamber, that does not mean it's just like COD. They are simply improving and modernizing the formula. It is 2014, not 2004.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 08:48 PM    Msg. 17 of 50       
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the game in general. The Story was meh, gameplay was generally boring, the removal of the playable elites irked me, art style was basically me considering barfing the entire time.

However, technical side, the game played fine for what is was (smooth, consistent gameplay, moreso than other xbox halos), The material system was rather well done (even though the materials weren't really good...), and the skinning for characters as well as the rigs were pretty cool.

As for why people attack, it usually varies from person to person, especially the level at which they attack. It could be because Halo 4 began this cycle of "modernizing" the halo series, which is evidently being continued into halo 5. Most people liked the rather unique gamestyles that the rest of the halo series has that was broken by halo 4. Others are too stubborn to look at change and look at it from any other perspective than a child's. I can personally pull out several instances in which I've dealt with people who would literally try to justify any extremist type behavior by saying that its ok so long as (insert something from halo 4) isn't continued into the rest of the halo series [Completely serious btw].

So yeah, I think that should handle it.

DOOM899

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 08:48 PM    Msg. 18 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Because it's not. Halo and COD have very different gunplay. Halo has much longer kill times and a "shell mechanic" with the shields. Some weapons are more effective against the outer shell, but less effective on the armor, and vice-versa. Halo requires the player to make use of a set of tools placed on the map in order to win, and encourages team play considering you can't always outshine another player simply because you're holding a better gun. Your weapons are your tools of destruction. If you want a different gun which will change your play style, you're going to have to neutralize a path to its spawn or kill the player holding it. With Call of Duty, gameplay is very individualized (AFAIK) and easy to play. Getting kills requires lightning fast reflexes, and the ability to adjust your reticle while under fire. Maps are typically circular with no defined areas that one team controls. Also, you typically rely on your loadout to be able to function in multiplayer, as picking weapons off of fallen enemies is far less encouraged. COD has guns that are obviously better than others with no downside, which are typically awarded for playing the game long enough. Even if Halo adopts modern day shooter mechanics like ADS or clamber, that does not mean it's just like COD. They are simply improving and modernizing the formula. It is 2014, not 2004.
and yet halo 4 was not liked as it feels like cod halo reach was better. but this is the and I don t like going on like this so have a nice day:}
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 3, 2014 at 08:50 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 09:12 PM    Msg. 19 of 50       

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
and yet halo 4 was not liked as it feels like cod halo reach was better. but this is the and I don t like going on like this so have a nice day:}
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 3, 2014 at 08:50 PM

Wutt?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 09:23 PM    Msg. 20 of 50       

I don't know anything about "Brutally Attacking", maybe verbally? Even then, I'm sure that's only on the internet where no one matters.
This thread alone is evidence that it actually does and the practice won't stop if people continue to perpetuate the view that their supposed anonymity gives them license to act differently.

BKTiel

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 09:27 PM    Msg. 21 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

This thread alone is evidence that it actually does and the practice won't stop if people continue to perpetuate the view that their supposed anonymity gives them license to act differently.

Black people.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 09:35 PM    Msg. 22 of 50       
aaaaaaand welcome to Halomaps.org everyone

true story though, Halo 4 is a bad game, at the very least single player wise (and in comparison to its predecessors), and I highly disagree with some peoples opinions that is "close to the original" game, it could be argued that is the farthest from the original game considering that it has a ridiculous amount of new features in its gameplay mechanics as compared to something like Halo 2 which is in fact much closer to the original. With all that said I don't go out of my way to "attack people" but if there is a discussion on the game itself would it not be appropriate to have a healthy debate (provided the answers are mature and respectable)

BKTiel

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 09:37 PM    Msg. 23 of 50       
because everyone with a brain knows halo 2 is based god, right?

乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ

MatthewDratt

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 09:45 PM    Msg. 24 of 50       
Halo 2 was a slack rush job and the single player shows. It's a mess. I honestly haven't played more than like 15 games of Halo 2 so I can't judge it's multiplayer.

Halo 4 multiplayer is crap but it's singleplayer story took an interesting turn. From where Bungie left it, they took the characters and added a new story around it. While the side characters suffered (and the gameplay of button pushing did suck too), chief and cortana were at their bests in Halo 4.

Docer

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 10:29 PM    Msg. 25 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Halo 2 was a slack rush job and the single player shows. It's a mess. I honestly haven't played more than like 15 games of Halo 2 so I can't judge it's multiplayer.

Halo 4 multiplayer is crap but it's singleplayer story took an interesting turn. From where Bungie left it, they took the characters and added a new story around it. While the side characters suffered (and the gameplay of button pushing did suck too), chief and cortana were at their bests in Halo 4.

This is why I love this guy ;)

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 10:41 PM    Msg. 26 of 50       

The point in my comment was that Halo 2 as a game is in fact a much closer game to the original Halo than Halo 4.

The rest is debatable

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 11:07 PM    Msg. 27 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

The point in my comment was that Halo 2 as a game is in fact a much closer game to the original Halo than Halo 4.

The rest is debatable

two is closer to one than four is.

2-1=1
4-1=3

one is closer to one than three

three

half life 3 confirmed

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 11:16 PM    Msg. 28 of 50       
I like the multiplayer, though there are some balance issues caused by some possible loadouts.
Halo 4 features the following things that Call of Duty did not create:
*Killstreaks (Star Wars Battlefront 2 had it before CoD)
*Sprint (Mario's been doing it since 1985)
*Customizable loadouts (Rainbow Six has it)

The campaign is also very good, it and Halo CE's campaign are the best Halo singplayers.
Edited by Oskarmandude on Dec 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 12:37 AM    Msg. 29 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

The rest is debatable

two is closer to one than four is.

2-1=1
4-1=3

one is closer to one than three

three

half life 3 confirmed

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 01:04 AM    Msg. 30 of 50       

Same reason why people can't tolerate religious and political differences, they want everything and everyone to be the same due to their emotional weaknesses.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 01:29 AM    Msg. 31 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude

I like the multiplayer, though there are some balance issues caused by some possible loadouts.
Halo 4 features the following things that Call of Duty did not create:
*Killstreaks (Star Wars Battlefront 2 had it before CoD)
*Sprint (Mario's been doing it since 1985)
*Customizable loadouts (Rainbow Six has it)

The campaign is also very good, it and Halo CE's campaign are the best Halo singplayers.
Edited by Oskarmandude on Dec 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Just because other games created it, doesn't mean it's become a staple for COD games. Such as when I say these things are 'COD' like, its because they are.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 01:29 AM    Msg. 32 of 50       

I think you're looking into this way too much. Don't think anybody here intentionally disagrees with others with the goal of causing "tremendous pain" to others.

It's human nature to argue about topics, sometimes people cannot fathom the possibility that their opinion isn't the only possible one. Often these people are a "loudest vocal minority". As we see in today's society, it's unfortunately that group that often gets their way, simply because they cause such a riot. But I'm getting completely sidetracked here :-)

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 03:10 AM    Msg. 33 of 50       
Your always fear what you don't understand.

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 10:51 PM    Msg. 34 of 50       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Your always fear what you don't understand.

I doubt it's fear, it's more like little kids not getting their way and then throwing a fuss over the internet about it.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 12:52 AM    Msg. 35 of 50       
You always fear what you don't get your way with.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 5, 2020 2:43 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website