A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Think Twice before pre-ordering Halo 5

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Think Twice before pre-ordering Halo 5 (59 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 04:55 PM    Msg. 1 of 59       
...or any other game nowadays.

Seriously, give this video a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCC499Gf4DY

Pre-ordering is simply a grab for money. With MCC is mind, its almost like early access. Heres a broken, unfinished game, and we will maybe finish it one day. Just give us your money first. Please.

The video makes some great arguments, especially about fanboy people who support these incompetent companys (some people on this site), pre-ordering not meaning anything anymore (just supports the company in releasing a unfinished product), the media tricking the consumer into thinking its great (just playing a few minutes of the game will make you realize how broken it really is) and so forth.

It feels alot like early access. Pay for a game now while its still in development and they will finish it eventually, or maybe never. Unfortunately its gotten to the point where its hard to trust developers and you actually have to wait to see what its like. A big problem (which you would actually think would be for the better) is that these companies can release patches and fixes on the fly updating the game whenever they want. Great? No, because its not fixing it when you're still working on it.
Edited by Higuy on Dec 5, 2014 at 05:00 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:07 PM    Msg. 2 of 59       
Ah,

it's nice to see i'm not the only poor douche who has to wait a year after release to play the game.

Juzo

Just delete my account really

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mithra
Now you're going to pay the price.
Some of us rather than others.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:22 PM    Msg. 4 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mithra
I told you so about the MCC being a buggy piece of crap, but none of you faggots would listen. Now you're going to pay the price.

I haven't bought a single Halo game from 343 (except Spartan Assault, my bad...).
Luckily, I managed to see through the charade of Halo 4, Halo MCC, and of course Halo 5.

But regardless of one's love or dislike for these games, the video does make some valid general points.

Megatron

Working on something good.

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:29 PM    Msg. 5 of 59       
I'm not even getting an Xbox One, the thing is a defective money-draining piece of garbage. Not to mention that Microsoft also wants to use it to spy on us due to them being fascinated by what we do in our own homes.

Juzo

Just delete my account really

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:34 PM    Msg. 6 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megatron
I'm not even getting an Xbox One, the thing is a defective money-draining piece of garbage. Not to mention that Microsoft also wants to use it to spy on us due to them being fascinated by what we do in our own homes.
Is this actually true?

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 59       
Before Xbone was released, there was a small riot about the Kinect. Apparently you weren't going to be able to disable it or something. What eventually happened about it, I don't know.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:44 PM    Msg. 8 of 59       
I've been having lots of fun with MCC since day one. Same with H4. Pre Order or buy date of purchase doesn't matter to me. I want to play H5 and when I can I will.

Megatron

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:46 PM    Msg. 9 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Before Xbone was released, there was a small riot about the Kinect. Apparently you weren't going to be able to disable it or something. What eventually happened about it, I don't know.

(That is a stupid *** nickname)

Anyways, I surely wouldn't mind seeing the Xbox One fail along with Microsoft going out of business. If we're lucky, 343i will be sold to Sony or Nintendo, and we won't have to deal with this nonsense any further.

A Juicy Frank

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:47 PM    Msg. 10 of 59       
I only pre-order if there's some cool physical stuff that comes with it, like the HG/SS figurine, GR Future Soldier key ring, or the recent KH2 trading pin.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:50 PM    Msg. 11 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I've been having lots of fun with MCC since day one. Same with H4. Pre Order or buy date of purchase doesn't matter to me. I want to play H5 and when I can I will.

^^ example of a fanboy

SAS

I comment every once in a while

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:53 PM    Msg. 12 of 59       

Originally, microsoft's plan was to require that the kinect sensor be connected to the xbone for it to work, while allowing users to limit or completely disable the sensor (I'm not really sure why, but whatever). But due to public outcry, a day one patch was issued that removed the kinect requirement. On top of that, they sell a version of the xbone that doesn't come with a kinect sensor. The whole "m$ is using kinect to spy on us and record everything we do!" debacle started due to poor timing that coincided with Snowden's revelations about the NSA and paranoid internet-dwellers deciding that the two were... kinected (I'll see myself out).

Megatron

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:53 PM    Msg. 13 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
^^ example of a fanboy

Remember the true enemy of the fanbase; ironically it's Microsoft. BUT it's not people who like post-Bungie material.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 05:59 PM    Msg. 14 of 59       

(That is a stupid *** nickname)

To be fair, though, calling the third generation of a console "One" isn't the most logical thing in the world, either, especially when everyone seems to retroactively designates the first generation of a console as the "[console] 1" after the next generation becomes the standard (i.e. People referring to Playstation as "PlayStation 1" after the PS2 became widespread).

I almost always refer to the latest Xbox as the Xbone, both as a way of avoiding any confusion with the original Xbox and as a reference to my distaste for the idea of the platform. And because it's just a really easy name to corrupt into a silly pun.

^^ example of a fanboy

It doesn't necessarily make him a fanboy, it just implies that he doesn't mind early access to games that may or may not still have issues to be ironed out, as long as those issues are eventually addressed.
Edited by Echo77 on Dec 5, 2014 at 06:02 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 06:02 PM    Msg. 15 of 59       
MCC is 90% Bungie content anyway. When MP didn't work I had a fun time playing the campaigns with scoring and getting the new achievements for the score and par times. I also enjoyed the skulls in H2 and seeing H2, H3, and H4 with updated visuals.

H4 I find more enjoyable than H2 and Reach. The MP reminds me a lot of H1's now that I have gotten to play more H1 online with MCC.

So how am I a fanboy?

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 06:18 PM    Msg. 16 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
It doesn't necessarily make him a fanboy, it just implies that he doesn't mind early access to games that may or may not still have issues to be ironed out, as long as those issues are eventually addressed.
Edited by Echo77 on Dec 5, 2014 at 06:02 PM

Once again, you speak wisdom!

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 06:26 PM    Msg. 17 of 59       
MCC is 90% Bungie content anyway. When MP didn't work I had a fun time playing the campaigns with scoring and getting the new achievements for the score and par times. I also enjoyed the skulls in H2 and seeing H2, H3, and H4 with updated visuals.

H4 I find more enjoyable than H2 and Reach. The MP reminds me a lot of H1's now that I have gotten to play more H1 online with MCC.

So how am I a fanboy?

Yeah I totally disagree with this /\

Mcc for me was just a waste of time, I picked and chose different missions. The Mp was meh, it could hardly be called a master piece.

One credit I guess you could award Mcc would be you do get a decent amount of content for your bux.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 06:53 PM    Msg. 18 of 59       
I've already pre-ordered Halo 5 twice.

^^ example of a fanboy

Someone enjoys something and suddenly they're a fanboy.

"Don't Pre Order Halo 5 Guardians Because 343 Industries Will Make Halo 5 Multiplayer"
OH NO THEY WILL MAKE HALO 5 MULTIPLAYER

HAHAHAHAHAH THAT VIDEO IS A JOKE
"343 MUST BE PUNISHED FOR THEIR ACTIONS THE SAME WAY A DOG IS PUNISHED FOR SHATTING IN THE HOUSE"
11/10 quote forever and delivery made it perfect.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 5, 2014 at 07:10 PM

n00b1n8R

Major League Trolling

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 07:10 PM    Msg. 19 of 59       

The mind of a mac user ladies and gentlemen.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 07:20 PM    Msg. 20 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
HAHAHAHAHAH THAT VIDEO IS A JOKE
"343 MUST BE PUNISHED FOR THEIR ACTIONS THE SAME WAY A DOG IS PUNISHED FOR SHATTING IN THE HOUSE"
11/10 quote forever and delivery made it perfect.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 5, 2014 at 07:10 PM

Regardless of your disagreement with the video, I think we can all agree we enjoyed the dog analogy.

Warm sands and stuff.

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 07:20 PM    Msg. 21 of 59       
(except Spartan Assault, my bad...).

spartan assault was definitely not made by 343, however it uses some of their content, and thus they are credited

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 07:31 PM    Msg. 22 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
The guy in the video has very valid points.

Agreed.
I never, ever, never-ever-ever pre-order any games, ever.
The earliest I've ever bought a game is months after the game is released.
Firstly, I'm broke, and secondly, I step back and see what havoc comes from the initial release. There are always bugs that are missed, and these are usually patched weeks in.
MCC however, was a complete mess. AC: Unity is another example.
Lucky for me I'm broke?

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 07:42 PM    Msg. 23 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: n00b1n8R

There's no need for sweeping generalizations.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 09:30 PM    Msg. 24 of 59       
lol are apple users going to be treated as emo kids from now on???

Megatron

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 09:54 PM    Msg. 25 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: n00b1n8R

If you're going to bear hate to begin with, then direct it at Microsoft. The problems you're having with 343i products will vanish when they realize that being derps will have severe consequences.

Valentin

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 10:51 PM    Msg. 26 of 59       
I'll be honest, I didn't play a single Halo until about 5 months back. And I found that none past ODST, maybe Reach, were very interesting or fun. I can't imagine buying, let alone pre-ordering, Halo 5.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 10:57 PM    Msg. 27 of 59       
I'm still here waiting for a decent H2 port.

Megatron

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 11:01 PM    Msg. 28 of 59       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOPPELGANGER

Even though it'd take tons of work, maybe someone can recreate the Halo 2 campaign and it would be even better than the original? We honestly don't need a game developer to get what we want, really.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 11:05 PM    Msg. 29 of 59       

Even though it'd take tons of work, maybe someone can recreate the Halo 2 campaign and it would be even better than the original? We honestly don't need a game developer to get what we want, really.

Heresy.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 11:08 PM    Msg. 30 of 59       

Just think about how retarded you sound. Also, "Long Live Halo", cmon...

Megatron

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 11:14 PM    Msg. 31 of 59       
Just think about how retarded you sound. Also, "Long Live Halo", cmon...

Are you getting a bit lonely in your bedroom, young child?

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 11:15 PM    Msg. 32 of 59       
Cmon... Cmon now... Changing your bio from "Long Live Halo" wont make you seem less brainwashed. Calling me a child wont make you superior to me. Cmon... Use your noggin...

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 11:19 PM    Msg. 33 of 59       
Cmon... Cmon now... Changing your bio from "Long Live Halo" wont make you seem less brainwashed. Calling me a child wont make you superior to me. Cmon... Use your noggin...

*Cough*

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough*

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough* *Cough* *Cough* *Cough* *Chesty Cough*

*Aroused Cough*

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 11:20 PM    Msg. 34 of 59       
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Megatron

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 11:22 PM    Msg. 35 of 59       

If you really want attention this badly, just run down the street of your neighborhood without clothes on. It's that simple.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 3:21 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website