A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Particle Fx Tutorial Ideas.

Author Topic: Particle Fx Tutorial Ideas. (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 12, 2014 11:29 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
Hello.

If I was to make a particle fx tutorial, what weapon would you like me to demonstrate the creation of fx for?

(Tutorial On how to create particle bitmaps and in game them)

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

If you want to make your own suggestion you may though I can't guarantee it will be accepted.
Edited by SS Flanker on Dec 14, 2014 at 08:20 AM

NeX

Posted: Dec 12, 2014 11:30 AM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Hello.

If I was to make a particle fx tutorial, what weapon would you like me to demonstrate the creation of fx for?

(Tutorial On how to create particle bitmaps and in game them)

#1: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyf74zjGQC9ZjIYf73EqANXvV4y12RzYVbMGcrI5zSQADWISnN

#2: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131125071936/halo/images/1/19/H4_ar_trans.png

#3: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/125/e/2/Halo_Reach_Magnum_by_EnforcedCrowd.png

#4: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090313123307/halo/images/1/14/Helljumper_with_Shotgun.jpg

If you want to make your own suggestion you may though I can't guarantee it will be accepted.

Honestly after tucker933 and ifafudafis, i seriously doubt youll add anything to that field

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 12, 2014 12:21 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Shotgun, because it would be the most impressive

(@nex what's intersting with Flankers method is the sprite plate creation, I doubt it have been covered as well as he can)
Edited by bourrin33 on Dec 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Dec 12, 2014 12:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
Isn't the particle framework the same for all of these weapons? Muzzle flash and then shell discharge?

I haven't created particles for Halo so I could be wrong, but if not I think creating a tutorial on; creating Muzzle Flashes and Shell discharge that explains the variables in depth would be the most helpful.

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Dec 12, 2014 12:53 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
i vote #3

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Dec 12, 2014 02:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
#3 seems the simplest and good for introducing modders to this skill. I plan on doing some effects work myself so the tut is very appreciated.

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Dec 12, 2014 03:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
When you log online on xfire hit me up, I finished Reach tagset. Only 2 weapons left: DMR and Rocket Launcher.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 10:17 AM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Although tutorials have been released prior to my birth they haven't been nearly as effective as they should have been.

The motive for this could be argued that nobody cares or it hasn't been covered in an understandable dialect e.t.c

My aim is to...

. Show you how to create decent particle images for use inside and outside halo

. Describe different sprite creation techniques

. Demonstrate the correct and incorrect compilation methods.

. Relay the most successful time management methods

. Analyse the appropriate workflow and tools to create the effect you NEED rather than the one you are 'happy' with.

I do want to iterate one portion of warning before I make the tutorials.

Being able to create and form your own work in one single program isn't possible and it never will be.

In order to formulate something YOU want YOU will need to explore the vast array of tools out there in the world, now I may not be able to show you all of them but I can show you the ones that work and those are.

Adobe Photoshop (CS6 or higher)

Adobe After Effects (CS6 or higher)

Gimp 2.8 (or higher)

3dsmax or gmax

Hitfilm VFX Ultimate 2

And a few other apps, which will be provided.

As for the E.T.A date for the tutorials I would hazard a vague and not entirely reliable guess towards new years.

Any questions?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 03:56 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
I would say #1

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 04:41 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Either 3 or 2 but whichever you do, you should explain how and why settings would work for the other.

SOI_7

Welcome to the true man's world

Posted: Dec 14, 2014 07:12 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       
#3 to me, but a Flamethrower would be even better.
Have you ever considered making Covenant particles too?

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 14, 2014 07:39 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
#3 to me, but a Flamethrower would be even better.
Have you ever considered making Covenant particles too?

@Weebonniescottishlad: Yup that's my intention although making a full length tutorial would be pretty huge might split it into certain steps.

I.E

Part 1: Creating particle bitmaps for use in and outside of halo.

Part 2: Developing and understanding what type of sprite page you require, and implementing your particle bitmaps inside it.

Part 3: Compiling and tagging.

Part 4: Revision on techniques and finalizing your workflow to be a more efficient MoDdeR.

@SOI: TBH although it sounds rather naughty you can actually get away with simply colorizing a bitmap on the opposite side of the spectrum. I will however include a small section where I show you how to add more of a 'plasmic' 'energetic' feel to your particle images.

Btw I am working on a flame thrower and if I am successful I'll post something in 2015
Edited by SS Flanker on Dec 14, 2014 at 08:21 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 5, 2020 3:33 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website