A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »B30 Pelican issue

Author Topic: B30 Pelican issue (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods Team.

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 04:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Hi community. First of all, merry christmas to everyone. I hope you enjoyed. Well, I know this issue is old, but I can't find the solution. I'm editing the B30 map for research purposes, but for some reason, the Pelicans are having a low flying (one of them fly underwater), and then they leave you in incorrect locations.

I was searching for a fix, and some people said the problem was in the Pelican physics, or the level scripts. I tried with everything (except for fix the recorded_animations 'cause I don't know how). I even tried with the zteam campaign scripts, with no happy ending.

So, how can I fix that?. Greetings and thanks for read this.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 04:46 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Your version of HEK+ probably is extracting the pelican physics wrong, or you are using an edited pelican tag.

When pelicans fly its just input being recorded back, so if anything that effects the handling is changed, the input being added will result in it acting differently than the original game.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 06:00 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
I thought HEK+ created half assed recorded animation files

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 06:17 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
There is no such ting as recorded animation files, the RA is part of the scenario and it does those fine.

MrChromed

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 08:48 AM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Your version of HEK+ probably is extracting the pelican physics wrong, or you are using an edited pelican tag.

When pelicans fly its just input being recorded back, so if anything that effects the handling is changed, the input being added will result in it acting differently than the original game.

But, I'm using the Halo CE tags "fixed" by Delicon. I thought that kind of issues would not appear :(

Mangenkyo

Yep!.. i know i'm in Space..

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 04:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Well, they are not exactly "fixed" as you can see... HEK+ messed up the .scenario, you can try to extract the original B30 tags with Halo Tag Converter (You can download that app from here).
Edited by Mangenkyo on Dec 27, 2014 at 04:17 PM

MrChromed

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 07:28 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo

Well, they are not exactly "fixed" as you can see... HEK+ messed up the .scenario, you can try to extract the original B30 tags with Halo Tag Converter (You can download that app from here).

I never used Halo Tag Extractor before, so this question could sound something stupid. What "original B30 tags"?. From the Halo PC B30, or the B30 port from Renamon?

SGT Arroyo

golden

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 08:40 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Isxz
Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo

I never used Halo Tag Extractor before, so this question could sound something stupid. What "original B30 tags"?. From the Halo PC B30, or the B30 port from Renamon?
original ripping from the port causes lots of tag issues broken tags so on.

FtDSpartn

Verified AI.

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 11:22 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
-derp, I failed.-
Edited by FtDSpartn on Dec 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 9:32 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website