A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Zeus Releases Countdown

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Zeus Releases Countdown (85 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 10:51 PM    Msg. 1 of 85       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 01:37 PM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 10:58 PM    Msg. 2 of 85       

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 11:01 PM    Msg. 3 of 85       
twannee-wan

Nickster5000

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 12:02 AM    Msg. 4 of 85       
(-b+sqrt(b^2-(4)(a)(c))/(2(a))
(-b-sqrt(b^2-(4)(a)(c))/(2(a))

a=1
b=5
c=6
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jan 26, 2015 at 12:03 AM

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 12:06 AM    Msg. 5 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
twannee-wan

Heh. You referenced a popular culture meme, which is almost but not entirely incompatible with the social norms of the internet, which we are currently on. This means you must be worldly to know of such a joke and bold to post it on this similar but not identical medium. I like you.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 01:59 AM    Msg. 6 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
twannee-wan

Heh. You referenced a popular culture meme, which is almost but not entirely incompatible with the social norms of the internet, which we are currently on. This means you must be worldly to know of such a joke and bold to post it on this similar but not identical medium. I like you.

I'm glad you noticed.
<3

Lateksi

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 04:08 AM    Msg. 7 of 85       
What's Zeus?

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 09:31 AM    Msg. 8 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
What's Zeus?

UHWArby

PIPO vive

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 09:38 AM    Msg. 9 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
What's Zeus?

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 09:49 AM    Msg. 10 of 85       
Zeus is the best program ever made which is better than all HEK tools put together. Like you can put reach weapons in Blood Gulch with one button. It's so good that it will never be released.
Actually it's just something sparky uses to get attention.

sparky

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 02:25 PM    Msg. 11 of 85       

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 02:37 PM    Msg. 12 of 85       

sparky

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 05:09 PM    Msg. 13 of 85       

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 05:29 PM    Msg. 14 of 85       

Lateksi

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 10:00 PM    Msg. 15 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Zeus is the best program ever made which is better than all HEK tools put together. Like you can put reach weapons in Blood Gulch with one button. It's so good that it will never be released.

Thanks for explaining, I've only heard the name occasionally mentioned on the forums.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 10:13 PM    Msg. 16 of 85       

Thanks for explaining, I've only heard the name occasionally mentioned on the forums.

Mostly by him.

e: Look sparky, it's great that you're making another editor and all but I'd really advise you listen to Dennis - it's not necessary at all to make such an ostentatious display out of everything; all it does is draw negative attention to yourself.
Edited by BKTiel on Jan 26, 2015 at 10:15 PM

sparky

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 09:39 AM    Msg. 17 of 85       

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 10:25 AM    Msg. 18 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
I will interpret all the aforementioned insults as enthusiastic anticipation.

I'm actually holding-off on the parsing of non-tag file types for now, and just filling in the blanks with time-consuming tests.

If anyone here is actually interested in programming or the game engine, as I have supposed to be everyone who uses the HEK for map and tag development, send me a private message saying what kinds of things you are interested in with the game engine, for example, changing its limitations (like Samuco and 002), developing maps (like Caesar), programming network services (like nil), or enhancing the gameplay experience (like HandofGod).

See, I already know people from the Mac Halo community who are enthusiastic about what I am doing and understand the significance of what I have already done. But I do not see anyone from the Windows Halo community who is enthusiastic or understands the significance of what I am doing and have done.
go help the guys doing OS

sparky

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 05:43 PM    Msg. 19 of 85       

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 05:56 PM    Msg. 20 of 85       
e: Look sparky, it's great that you're making another editor and all but I'd really advise you listen to Dennis - it's not necessary at all to make such an ostentatious display out of everything; all it does is draw negative attention to yourself.

Pretty much this. If you've got something you want to release, just release it instead of trying to dangle it in front of people like a donut on a string.

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 06:02 PM    Msg. 21 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Pretty much this. If you've got something you want to release, just release it instead of trying to dangle it in front of people like a donut on a string.

Yes Sparky, your editor seems cool. We are sad without it.

sparky

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 06:17 PM    Msg. 22 of 85       

jimmy

You can cure a derp, but not the herps.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 06:22 PM    Msg. 23 of 85       
noe. U shud maek a blodgulch map wiht nnukes insted.

Ubermaniac

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 06:25 PM    Msg. 24 of 85       
I have been modding Halo for about 10 years. I spent years of work and study preparing to develop this whole thing. I came here to share some of the plans with the Halomaps users in order to ascertain interest and obtain constructive suggestions.

I do have a zero release to make tonight, but before I do that, I would like to share this message I sent to Dennis:

Quote: Dennis,

I would like to know your opinion about something. I have been putting a lot of time and effort into developing Zeus, my Halo editing program, and I have shared plenty of details about it over the past few months here at your forum. Since you are probably an expert about the activities and interests of your forum's users, I would like your thoughtful and intelligent response about my project in regards to Halomaps users.

I am going to develop Zeus for Mac and Windows. However, I would like to know your opinion about my sharing it with the users of this forum. I am asking because I have received a wide variety of responses even from the same user: for example, the same people have said encouraging, supportive and enthusiastic things, discouraging and snide things, and very disrespectful things.

I would like to know what you think. Should I share this program and all my hard work and many years of experience with this community, or will the mockery, insults and disparagement towards myself and my efforts continue?

I understand that you feel somehow offended by me; or maybe I have misinterpreted your comments asserting that I am looking for approval or attention. Even if you do not intend to offend me, I would appreciate it if you did not read into my motives as if I were your enemy. In sum, I feel you have rationalized my motives without sharing my logic, which means my logic of motive has been misconstrued and misrepresented. My reasons for what I do are not to garner attention for myself; rather, I am selfless in this regard. This saying applies: "If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Do good anyway." I find myself being accused constantly at Halomaps whenever I share information about what I am doing.

I want your thoughtful opinion about whether I should also share the fruits of my labor with those who have given me such generally unpleasant comments regarding its discussion.

Thank you for your consideration. I will also provide this note for more public comment by the users whom it regards, so that they might give me a more decisive statement about whether they will appreciate my many years of experience and hard work, or whether there really is no desire at Halomaps for Zeus and my other Halo projects. If there really is no desire among the Halomaps users for my work, then I will take it elsewhere.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I desire this more than i desire Altis94

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 06:31 PM    Msg. 25 of 85       
"If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Do good anyway."

I want your thoughtful opinion about whether I should also share the fruits of my labor with those who have given me such generally unpleasant comments regarding its discussion.

If you're not seeking approval, it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks. If you're truly selfless and you think you have somethng that can better the community, the same applies. You've already said that your philosophy is similar to that of the saying you quoted, so I don't understand why there's even a debate at this point.
Edited by Echo77 on Jan 27, 2015 at 06:33 PM

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 06:40 PM    Msg. 26 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: OpTic

I feel offended.

Ubermaniac

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 07:04 PM    Msg. 27 of 85       

I feel offended.

You shouldn't have rejected my advances.

Tucker933

Tucker933.com

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 07:20 PM    Msg. 28 of 85       
If there really is no desire among the Halomaps users for my work, then I will take it elsewhere.

..but you're banned everywhere else.

Ubermaniac

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 07:28 PM    Msg. 29 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tucker933
If there really is no desire among the Halomaps users for my work, then I will take it elsewhere.

..but you're banned everywhere else.

Don't be ass.

Tucker933

Tucker933.com

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 07:30 PM    Msg. 30 of 85       
Don't be ass.

Too late. Shots fired.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 07:34 PM    Msg. 31 of 85       
Is this even legit

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 08:07 PM    Msg. 32 of 85       
You should also do a better job of explaining what your tool actually does or is. So far I've only seen you say "Zeus This, Zeus That" but I have absolutely no idea what it is, what it does, or how it is by any means useful.

Now look at other programs that were put through on the forums
Adjutant - Clear and Concise telling of what the program does, how it works, what its uses and limitations are. You use it to obtain assets from the Xbox Halo games.
Eternal Lightning - Used to unprotect maps
HEK+ - A Tool used to obtain assets from already compiled maps, as well as protecting maps so others cannot obtain the aforementioned assets without permission.

These are only 3 examples of the many programs out here, but you haven't even explained once in detail what the program actually does

MatthewDratt

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 08:45 PM    Msg. 33 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
You should also do a better job of explaining what your tool actually does or is. So far I've only seen you say "Zeus This, Zeus That" but I have absolutely no idea what it is, what it does, or how it is by any means useful.

Now look at other programs that were put through on the forums
Adjutant - Clear and Concise telling of what the program does, how it works, what its uses and limitations are. You use it to obtain assets from the Xbox Halo games.
Eternal Lightning - Used to unprotect maps
HEK+ - A Tool used to obtain assets from already compiled maps, as well as protecting maps so others cannot obtain the aforementioned assets without permission.

These are only 3 examples of the many programs out here, but you haven't even explained once in detail what the program actually does

It's Zeusy

sparky

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 09:18 PM    Msg. 34 of 85       

MatthewDratt

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 09:25 PM    Msg. 35 of 85       
Welcome to Halomaps

If you dont update a project in a week we forget about it

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 10:49 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website