A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Armour colour and specular maps

Author Topic: Armour colour and specular maps (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ReachSpartanNoob

Posted: Jan 28, 2015 07:20 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
How do you change the colour of armour texture, to different colour with photo editing program(gimp2, paint.net etc.). Also how do you make multi purpose texture into specular maps? Trying to change the default white colour that is extracted with adjutant maybe red or blue, similar to hows its done in game(halo reach).

Thanks in advance!

ReachSpartanNoob

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 06:18 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Thanks for the response. The reach spartan model that I'm porting isn't being ported into halo ce but a different game(gta3,gtasa). Which is why I asked if it's possilble to apply color change dirrectly to the texture and if there's a way to make specular out of multiourpose. I don't think Multi purpose texture can be used in game( I could be wrong). So is there a way to do what I'm asking via photo editing program?

Thanks in Advance.

ReachSpartanNoob

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 07:41 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Alright thanks! Gonna try this when I get home. Is there a way to get specular out of multipurpose though? Or do I need to make own with the color map?

Thanks for help so far.

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 10:15 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
First off about multipurposes, you just don't color them randomly because each color has a different purpose. Red is for shiny parts and blue is for detail and green is for illumination and about changing color, It would be a waste of space if you create separate textures for each color. You should create a color change map as the multipurpose maps's alpha, shade everything you want to change color to white and black if you don't want it to change color.

Actually, blue is for specular and red is for detail.

^ blue is for specular and red is for detail
Edited by darksoldier on Jan 29, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 16, 2019 10:50 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website