A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Scripting Noob Help!

Author Topic: Scripting Noob Help! (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ziko

Raw!

Posted: Feb 7, 2015 02:42 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hey guys I have been looking all over the internet on finding a way to solve my issue and i can't find anything!

Heres my issue:

During the introduction cut scene/cinematic of a single player map, How do you make the player (me!) run/walk to a set destination then start the mission in that spot?

e.g during cutscene/cinematic the player is running away from enemies and jumps off a cliff into a river, then the player starts the mission in the river.

I really hope you guys can tell me how to perform this task in a basic way to solve this!

thanks ziko

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 7, 2015 07:15 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       

Flash44x

What would you have your arbiter do?

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 08:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Well there are two ways to get bipeds to move around in cutscenes.

The first and easiest way is by creating custom record animations using this little tool http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5939 But it only works on v1.09 with OS deactivated and with the framerate locked at 30FPS.

This tutorial should explain how to set the tool up and how to use it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxt2VB0UAus

The second way, which is a bit more complicated, is by attaching bipeds to an AI encounter, and making them execute a command list. I can't go into much detail concerning the ai command lists because it completely depends on what u want.

What you do is make a simple ai encounter and make sure it is not initially created, and initially blind, deaf, and braindead, then set the team index to 1 (player). Add a squad to it, and name it whatever you like. Give it a simple actor type like "marine_armored assault rifle"(Anything will do but I usually use this one). Ignore all other options. Now add and name the biped you want to use in sapien. Depending on your script and situation you might wanna check the 'not placed' boxes.

Now you wil need to implement this into your script. I will give you an example from my current sp project.

-
-
-
(object_teleport (list_get (players) 0) hide) - Teleports the player away to a safe location
(object_create_anew cinematic_cyborg) - This will create our biped in case you checked the 'not placed' boxes.
(sleep 1)
(ai_attach cinematic_cyborg cinematic_cyborg) - This wil attach our newly created biped to our ai encounter.
(camera_set cut2a 0)
(sleep 1)
(ai_command_list_by_unit cinematic_cyborg cut_cyborg_intro) - This will assign the command list to our newly created biped.
(sleep 20)
(fade_in 0.00 0.00 0.00 20)
(camera_set cut2b 100)
(sleep 50)
(camera_set cut2c 100)
(sleep 80)
(ai_command_list_advance_by_unit cinematic_cyborg) - This will allow the biped to continue with the command list in case ur using the 'wait until told to advance' command.
(camera_set cut2d 0)
(sleep 100)
(fade_out 1.00 1.00 1.00 20)
(game_save_totally_unsafe)
(sleep 50)
(ai_detach cinematic_cyborg) - Detaches the biped from any ai encounter.
(object_destroy cinematic_cyborg) - Gets rid of the biped.
(cinematic_stop)
(object_teleport (list_get (players) 0) begin) - Teleports the player to the bipeds last location in my case.
(show_hud true)
(player_enable_input true)
(fade_in 1.00 1.00 1.00 20)
(camera_control false)
(activate_team_nav_point_flag default_red player obj1 0.00)
(wake scramble)
(wake chiefradio)
(sleep 50)
- ect.

If you have any questions regarding this or sp map making, feel free to contact me by PM or add me on xfire: fbi88was88for

Edited by Flash44x on Feb 8, 2015 at 08:32 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon January 27, 2020 5:02 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website