A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Music Help!

Author Topic: Music Help! (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Zebzicide

Let them hate me, as long as they fear me.

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 06:09 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Everytime i make a custom sp map or whetever in halo ce, the music keeps reseting during the gameplay. Like when i pick up a grenade or fighting ai, the music weirdly stops and resets. Help!

spartin115

Scripter;Level design; AI; Animation

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 09:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
To my knowledge, the problem is caused by how the -BLAM- engine handles sound priorities.

Halo: CE can only handle so may sounds being played at once, and if the game receives more requests to play a sound than it can handle, it will stop less important ones from playing so it can play the more important ones.

Near the top of the sound tag there is a dropdown menu that allows you to chooses what class the sound is. There are a bunch of options, such as "projectile impact" and "music". Music, oddly enough, is not at the top of the priority list, so when a the sound limit is reached, the game will stop the music, play the new sound that is of a higher priority, and then restart the music once there is a free sound slot. The only way to fix this is to set the music to a higher sound type. However, here's the problem, I can't remember what sound type is the highest priority, so you will ether have to scours the depths of this forum to find out, or just experiment with the different types until you find one that stops the sound from being cut out.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri December 13, 2019 10:40 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website