A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[WIP] Halo MP Remastered (HMPR)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: [WIP] Halo MP Remastered (HMPR) (38 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

xx_kiLLaz_XX

Opensauce 4.0 is finally out!

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:00 PM    Msg. 1 of 38       
Hello,

I am starting a new a project. Pretty much Halo CE Multiplayer with CMT SPV3 Tags

map names will be: EG. Bloodgulch_V3

So on.

I will post updates and Pics

Thanks

Juzo

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:05 PM    Msg. 2 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: mdestroyer117
Hello,

I am starting a new a project. Pretty much Halo CE Multiplayer with CMT SPV3 Tags

map names will be: EG. Bloodgulch_V3

So on.

I will post updates and Pics

Thanks
Good luck when you have begun.

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:05 PM    Msg. 3 of 38       
:l

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:15 PM    Msg. 4 of 38       
Unless you plan to update and revise the BSPs, or at least the textures, I don't think you're going to get very much attention.

Juzo

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:21 PM    Msg. 5 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Unless you plan to update and revise the BSPs, or at least the textures, I don't think you're going to get very much attention.
This as well. If you want inspiration check out Halo Revolution and any other HD MP mods.

Xx1Talon1xX

Mexicans, Mexicans Everywhere!

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:23 PM    Msg. 6 of 38       
Now we have 2 of the same project going, mabe you too should work together....

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:26 PM    Msg. 7 of 38       
He used to be part of my team, but he was a pain. He got angry and said he was going to usurp me. Apparently he tried.

xx_kiLLaz_XX

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:30 PM    Msg. 8 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
He used to be part of my team, but he was a pain. He got angry and said he was going to usurp me. Apparently he tried.

Yes yes...

used to be part of my team, but he was a pain. He got angry and said he was going to usurp me. Apparently he tried.

I WAS YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL ART PHOTOSHOPPER.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:30 PM    Msg. 9 of 38       
The SPV3 tags would be terrible for MP, I have a MP tagset built but I am not happy with it's design.

OHunterO

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:34 PM    Msg. 10 of 38       
Here is the same thread which has been made thousands of times... these have been popping up all the time for the last 10 years!

How about this, before making a thread like this, first of all, make some progress to show!

Secondly, learn how to remake the maps, with better detail, and do it! No one cares about the same old maps with just new weapons/vehicles. I will be impressed when someone remakes bloodgulch, in a sculpting application, baked the details to a lowpoly or builds modular assets and creates the map that way, and textures it!

So it would be a new highres map to todays standards of detail, I will do that one day, but this forum should do it now instead on focusing on using ripped content we have all seen and im getting sick of seeing as it's all the bloody same, just different shaders or "hey look it shoots... poo?".

So boring here, no, creation...

So yeah, don't put improved weapons/vehicles which look awesome and today's standards into an aged map!

Edited by OHunterO on Feb 18, 2015 at 07:35 PM

xx_kiLLaz_XX

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:52 PM    Msg. 11 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The SPV3 tags would be AWESOME for MP, mdestroyer you are the BEST

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

NeX

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 07:56 PM    Msg. 12 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
This as well. If you want inspiration check out Halo Revolution and any other HD MP mods.

Yeah but ive spent over a year playtesting the tagset ive compiled. Big difference. I ripped models because i dont model, but these projects just want to copypasta everything to avoid any work. Ive spent weeks learning effects, etc etc etc...theres a huge difference. I started my project to make a fun, balanced, and visually interesting mod of maps that are already time tested and proven, and fixing issues along the way. I dont display the work here because i dont want that lumped in with this stuff, and i think the moderation for discussions here is a joke. Trolls are rampant, yet any cursing isnt allowed? Lol
Edited by NeX on Feb 18, 2015 at 07:57 PM

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 08:11 PM    Msg. 13 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Yeah but ive spent over a year playtesting the tagset ive compiled. Big difference. I ripped models because i dont model, but these projects just want to copypasta everything to avoid any work. Ive spent weeks learning effects, etc etc etc...theres a huge difference. I started my project to make a fun, balanced, and visually interesting mod of maps that are already time tested and proven, and fixing issues along the way. I dont display the work here because i dont want that lumped in with this stuff, and i think the moderation for discussions here is a joke. Trolls are rampant, yet any cursing isnt allowed? Lol
Edited by NeX on Feb 18, 2015 at 07:57 PM
For starters who even are you? And I don't see anyone criticizing you for ripping ITT, for whatever it is you're doing. Unlike you, I know how to model but I still enjoy ripping stuff and am proud to admit that I do it only because I'm too lazy to make stuff myself. And regarding cursing, as I've said in other threads, the people who complain about rules against cursing seem to be the 14 year olds that think they're super cool for cussing on the 'net when their mum and dad don't allow it around the house. But yeah what are you making anyways?

xx_kiLLaz_XX

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 09:24 PM    Msg. 14 of 38       
LOL i just noticed add a u after the H and u get HUMPR (humper)

Xx1Talon1xX

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 09:57 PM    Msg. 15 of 38       

All faith lost for this project, you aren't old enough to be doing a project like this. Going to other thread...

Ubermaniac

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 10:14 PM    Msg. 16 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xx1Talon1xX

All faith lost for this project, you aren't old enough to be doing a project like this. Going to other thread...

I'm Waiting.

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 01:40 AM    Msg. 17 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xx1Talon1xX

spoiler: everyone on halomaps is 12 tops

UHWArby

PIPO vive

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 03:52 PM    Msg. 18 of 38       
The SPV3 tags would be terrible for MP, I have a MP tagset built but I am not happy with it's design.

MPV3 tags horrible? masters... plz... no D:

OHunterO

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 11:49 PM    Msg. 19 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
-snip-

Like this? Though not BG because I didn't want to make yet another BG mod.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=7001

Looking back at it I could have done a better job.

I see the OP ignored my post...

Ive not got Halo installed to look at that map, but seeming as it is a custom map i'm sure it's better than a typical bloodgulch map.

Masters1337

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 12:11 AM    Msg. 20 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: UHWArby

MPV3 tags horrible? masters... plz... no D:

The BR, Carbine, and DMR don't work well together. instead of it being an even playing ground when someone encounters one of them (like H2-H4) the player with the best weapon for the range of the fight wins... not exactly great or fair. Other games solve this by making the guns basically perform all the same, something we didn't want for SPV3 and doesn't translate to MP well.

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 12:22 AM    Msg. 21 of 38       
You could just use a couple of the weapons from there to prevent that. No rule says you have to cram every possible weapon in there even when they'd be totally broke. If you really want to use more guns you could have your main one, then make the others specialty but make sure they suck most situations. Although with them being halo weapons the difference in balance would probably confuse everyone come to think of it... but just using a limited amount of weaps would still work.

Masters1337

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 02:35 AM    Msg. 22 of 38       
It could but it's silly to put something out that's just a rehash of an older idea or game and not doing anything unique. I'd want to find a way to make them all work in harmony along with some of the newer weapons. Perhaps match up the BR and the Carbine and the DMR and Focus Rifle... but we shall see.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 10:31 AM    Msg. 23 of 38       
The lack of pictures is a fiendish reminder as to why you should produce something to a show able capacity before you make a thread about it.

Xx1Talon1xX

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 10:34 AM    Msg. 24 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
The lack of pictures is a fiendish reminder as to why you should produce something to a show able capacity before you make a thread about it.

NeX

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 03:45 PM    Msg. 25 of 38       

^ this is tip of the iceberg for a different project with similar aims, in the works for over a year, and you don't see a thread posted for it. I'm not saying its the end-all-be-all, or even that anyone gives a crap or even likes it....but it has a lot more in the "done" category than this thread's project has in the "idea" category.

When you talk about something and the goals you have for it, your brain actually gives you the stimulation as if you'd completed the goal, which will suck your motivation out, because you've already got the satisfaction of completing it without doing any work at all, just speculation.
http://www.newsweek.com/does-announcing-your-goals-help-you-succeed-79645

Best to do work son, then talk about it. Failure to prepare is preparing for failure.

aki64

When you can't walk, RUN

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 04:10 PM    Msg. 26 of 38       
http://i.imgur.com/RwEnzhx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bbOWf84.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/86fwbsL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hE9xJWD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/79TBxTK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D0T5Yzp.jpg

^ this is tip of the iceberg for a different project with similar aims, in the works for over a year, and you don't see a thread posted for it. I'm not saying its the end-all-be-all, or even that anyone gives a crap or even likes it....but it has a lot more in the "done" category than this thread's project has in the "idea" category.

When you talk about something and the goals you have for it, your brain actually gives you the stimulation as if you'd completed the goal, which will suck your motivation out, because you've already got the satisfaction of completing it without doing any work at all, just speculation.

Best to do work son, then talk about it. Failure to prepare is preparing for failure.

NeX, your mod is awesome. I've been following it for a long time and it's one of the best mods out there. Whatever people say, continue the great work, some of the maps you've revamped are masterpieces.

Xx1Talon1xX

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 05:06 PM    Msg. 27 of 38       
Love that you got a correct looking Lockout, love to see that with Jesses new tags

NeX

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 05:48 PM    Msg. 28 of 38       
I've already a tagset compiled over the past year from the ground up (stock tags replaced peice by peice with new/custom assets). Seeing H3 knockoff tags in a game that doesn't support most of the features is sad, as the whole balance of the game is lost with those features.

The tagset I have is closely based on the original, with many modifications to balance the set overall. Same with vehicles. That being said, my point was made, so I'm gonna peace out.
Edited by NeX on Feb 20, 2015 at 05:48 PM

Halonimator

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 06:16 PM    Msg. 29 of 38       
i need a sky were i can find

NeX

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 06:48 PM    Msg. 30 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
i need a sky were i can find

Make one. All of those are created. Not 100% custom, but a painter doesn't make his own paint.

Ubermaniac

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 06:55 PM    Msg. 31 of 38       
NeX's work is impressive. I'm aspiring to have that kind of graphical change, but he isn't doing it for Custom Edition.
I'm gonna have a beta map coming out soon, so I'll post it about a month after TSC:E

Xx1Talon1xX

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 09:39 PM    Msg. 32 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
halonimator > NeX

I ROFLed

NeX

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 10:10 PM    Msg. 33 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
NeX's work is impressive. I'm aspiring to have that kind of graphical change, but he isn't doing it for Custom Edition.
I'm gonna have a beta map coming out soon, so I'll post it about a month after TSC:E

What? I used to use PC tools when I was a wee baby modder a few years ago, but I restarted the entire project using the HEK long ago.

It will be released for CE, PC, and MD.

Even has a public beta coming soon...

Mokou Price

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 03:20 AM    Msg. 34 of 38       
http://i.imgur.com/RwEnzhx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bbOWf84.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/86fwbsL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hE9xJWD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/79TBxTK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D0T5Yzp.jpg

OMG, this texture, this tags, this skybox, so mlg

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 06:17 AM    Msg. 35 of 38       
Mouth open....

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 PM 578 ms.
A Halo Maps Website