A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY!! With Reshade and Texmod

Author Topic: HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY!! With Reshade and Texmod (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

mattdmsd

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 09:20 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Sooo, i've follwed halo maps for along time. Plenty of texture packs and enbs/sweetfx. I've noticed there's a lack of halo 2 content. I've tried enb and sweetfx on halo 2. But it'd never work mainly because of the fact it uses dx10 and enb/sweetfx used dx9, But now Reshade/sweetfx2.0 is out. It works on halo 2!! And so does texmod!. I tested out reshade on halo 2, and the lighting and shading is amazing. Jaw dropping. Im not the greatest photoshop artist, and know very little when it comes to configuring Reshade. But im sure someone here has the talent/knowledge to do so. So basically what im asking is if anyone would be willing to take the time into making a HD texture pack for halo 2, And then configure reshade to look as good as it can. Then BAM! Halo 2 Anniversary for pc! :)

Screen shots: http://imgur.com/a/3XbY1

Reshade: http://reshade.me/

Texmod: https://code.google.com/p/texmod/

PS. Wasnt sure where to post this so i posted it on HALO 2 and HALO CE General Discussion
Edited by mattdmsd on Feb 18, 2015 at 09:35 PM
Edited by mattdmsd on Feb 18, 2015 at 09:39 PM

xx_kiLLaz_XX

Opensauce 4.0 is finally out!

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 09:25 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
I have a feeling your mattdratt in disguse

mattdmsd

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 09:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
haha, no im not. Im actually new. Just made this account to share that its possible to improve halo 2's graphics, Everyone here seems to enjoy graphical upgrade for halo 1, well why not halo 2? haha.

xx_kiLLaz_XX

Opensauce 4.0 is finally out!

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 09:35 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: mattdmsd
haha, no im not. Im actually new. Just made this account to share that its possible to improve halo 2's graphics, Everyone here seems to enjoy graphical upgrade for halo 1, well why not halo 2? haha.

WHY NOT HALO 3???

WHY NOT HALO 4???

WHY NOT HALO REACH???

LOL

mattdmsd

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 09:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Because there not on the pc, and console are next to impossible to graphically update o.o

I uploaded some screens though. check them out!
http://imgur.com/a/3XbY1

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 11:44 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
These tacked on to Halo 2 would be interesting, however the base for Halo 2 PC is minimal afaik, since it doesn't have the same custom capabilities.

Also, I just realized the FX stuff is the same thing as Instagram filters.Just never thought of it since I haven't used the stuff since before Instagram was out.

Twinreaper

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 02:04 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Not sure how to break this to you, but Halo 2's shader system already has Post Processing. Anyone with an advanced knowledge of the game knows this and knows how to use it. Makes this app pointless imo. Besides....sprucing up the campaign with new textures and shader templates will do nothing to fix or improve the geometry in which it is applied.

Just so you know, Halo 2 uses a blend of DirectX 9c SlimDX. There are absolutely no graphical restrictions playing it on WindowsXP versus Vista\7\8.

As for console version of Halo 2, the game can be graphically updated a lot easier and also supports image sizes of 1024x1024. Maybe you should go look through some older forums such as Halomods, Remnantmods, Se7ensins, Modacity, etc before you attempt to post information you THINK is true.

mattdmsd

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 02:53 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Sorry for the attemp... And if there are absolutley no graphical restrctions on halo 2 pc, Then why havnt i seen any graphical mods for the game? Is it that dead? I see multiple of posts of people just adding a texture pack and a enb presets to halo CE and there happy with that. And your wrong... If anyone did have advanced knowledge to this game then why haven't i seen it done? What i see, is that someone mentions halo 2, And there shot down immediately. "No wont work halo 2 cant be modified" "no halo 2 uses a modified DX9 cant do anything with it." Just curious as to why no one has tried.. Halo 2 was a favorite of mine out of the series. Saddly im a pc gamer and had retired my xbox years ago. Rather not fall victum to microsoft by paying 460 bucks for a X1 and halo MCC. Either way, i tried. eh.
Edited by mattdmsd on Feb 19, 2015 at 02:54 PM
Edited by mattdmsd on Feb 19, 2015 at 03:02 PM

Twinreaper

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 08:13 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
The reason you dont see any texture mods is simply because yes, the game is dying. And 2, texture mods are elementary. As I stated before, textures for Halo 2 support 1024x1024 and DONT make as much of an impact as a custom campaign or complete remodel would. Multiplayer as well as serious mods/workarounds require heavy patching and secondary addons that my team has created. Not many people are interested or feel like going through the hassle.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon June 26, 2017 8:10 PM 94 ms.
A Halo Maps Website