A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CE3 2015 Live

Page 1 of 14 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 14 · Next
Author Topic: CE3 2015 Live (479 messages, Page 1 of 14)
Moderators: Dennis

Kozakuu

Only the person who was wisdom can read the most.

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 12:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 479       

We’re back! Welcome to CE3 2015 Live!

At CE3 Live we have members of the Halo: Custom Edition community submit their upcoming projects to us, and we present them to thousands of livestream audiences every summer. This will be our 6th year making CE3. If you’re working on a project, check out below on how to get your project in. Otherwise just wait and relax for CE3 live this summer and come check it out.

June 29th at 11:59pm EDT - Submission Deadline
July 11th at 5pm EDT - CE3 2015 Airs Live! Head on over to http://live.haloce3.com

To submit your project, simply click one of the two provided submission options above.

This year, we’re changing the rules for submission slightly. We ask that you only submit videos in the 16:9 aspect ratio. This allows us a smoother editing process and a much better CE3. In addition, we’re now allowing a wider variety of resolutions to be submitted. This year, you can now submit videos from 720p all the way up to 4K, otherwise known as 2160p. Furthermore due to the new video guidelines on Youtube, we can now accept videos not only in 30fps but in 60fps and above.

Do you want a fancy trailer in CE3 but need one filmed? We do film footage if you submit a map/yelo file, however, the number of trailers we will edit is limited, so first come first served. Otherwise, you will tend to get just straight gameplay.

Visit http://submit.haloce3.com for all of the final rules and then once you’re ready, zip up your video file, maps, or tags and either send us a link or upload it on our website.

We’ve been doing CE3 since 2010. Around this time, a lot of people were saying that this community was dying or lackluster. While watching E3 in 2010, MattDratt and Slow Bullet came up with the idea for Halo CE3 Live. A livestream to showcase the mods of Halo: Custom Edition. Over the years, we’ve had many people join our crew such as Kozakuu, Renegade343 and M16 Assault.

Check out the previous year livestreams!

We've recently extended our submission deadline! All submissions must be in our system by June 29, 2015 at 11:59PM EDT. In addition, visit http://haloce3.com/server/ to download all the maps for our post show gamenight before the show ends!

See our PSA video for more information: https://youtu.be/KH9MDoS4y-o

Edited by Kozakuu on Mar 1, 2015 at 10:47 PM
Edited by Kozakuu on Jun 25, 2015 at 02:18 PM

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 479       
Any new categories? Or will it stay with the usual mp, demos, sp, etc.? :P

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 479       
meh

Juzo

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:14 PM    Msg. 4 of 479       
Good to see CE3 up and running again.
Edited by SilentBlade on Mar 1, 2015 at 01:43 PM

Stuffy Junk

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:17 PM    Msg. 5 of 479       
It's already been a year since CE3 2014? Holy crap.

MatthewDratt

Meet Bullet & I. Halo: OD in Chicago 8/2-8/4

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:17 PM    Msg. 6 of 479       
Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
Any new categories? Or will it stay with the usual mp, demos, sp, etc.? :P

The usual. More stuff that can't fit into any category usually just gets shoved with the Demo stuff.

Quote: --- Original message by: SilentBlade
Also the stream is on a Thursday?

None of the dates in the original post fall on a Thursday

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:32 PM    Msg. 7 of 479       
Good to see CE3 up and running again. Also the stream is on a Thursday?

It's a Saturday.

sshers4

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:34 PM    Msg. 8 of 479       
Oh wow my birthday is on 28th of June Damn so close!!!

Juzo

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:40 PM    Msg. 9 of 479       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Good to see CE3 up and running again. Also the stream is on a Thursday?

It's a Saturday.
My bad, my tablet calendar mixed me up a bit.
Edited by SilentBlade on Mar 1, 2015 at 01:43 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 01:43 PM    Msg. 10 of 479       
Remember to tell us ideas to guys, Dratt and I would love to hear original ideas to add to CE3 this year. We try each and every year to show off Custom Edition more and more each year. So your guy's thoughts do help us out each year too.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 09:29 PM    Msg. 11 of 479       
Even guys like me can post their projects?

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 09:32 PM    Msg. 12 of 479       
Everyone, but make it look presentable.

bandinada5

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 05:25 AM    Msg. 13 of 479       
wish this year will be the best. better than ce3 2014 :D

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 07:29 AM    Msg. 14 of 479       
Nice! I'm loving the new format and presentation. Great job to whoever is putting those together.

Now, what would be really cool is if you guys could get this featured by the guys at 343I.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 08:13 AM    Msg. 15 of 479       
Loving the design.
And dat gif doe

raphaelBLOOD WAR

I wipe your maps with your own blood!

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 12:21 PM    Msg. 16 of 479       
I was on a xg server that switches maps yesterday and then a wild slowbullet appeared i however killed it on every map (damn that Zelda map was nuts but i got first place anyways) XD

sparky

Dismissal of Truth leaves one to believe lies

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 12:40 PM    Msg. 17 of 479       

Edited by sparky on Aug 20, 2015 at 01:41 PM

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 12:46 PM    Msg. 18 of 479       
pls no bg mods.

Slayer117

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 01:47 PM    Msg. 19 of 479       
Quote: --- Original message by: raphaelBLOOD WAR
I was on a xg server that switches maps yesterday and then a wild slowbullet appeared i however killed it on every map (damn that Zelda map was nuts but i got first place anyways) XD

Surprisingly I am not the greatest halo player. If I get better then 6th place, it's a good day.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Can we have more than one entry? I have some existing maps and upcoming things I'd like to share.

As long as the existing maps have not been released on halomaps then yes it can be shown off. You can bring as many projects as you want. If the maps have already been released then you can still submit them to our other section of the show, where we show off already released maps that are fun and interesting to play on.
Edited by Slayer117 on Mar 2, 2015 at 02:21 PM

sparky

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 02:37 PM    Msg. 20 of 479       

raphaelBLOOD WAR

I wipe your maps with your own blood!

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 02:57 PM    Msg. 21 of 479       
What do you have against bloodgulch mods? In fact, I have a really cool one using custom assets and such...

Do we submit video previews or the files themselves? What about apps? I didn't see any examples of those from the 2014 video; is there any precedent for what is expected of new apps? Do we submit the application or a video demo of it, or both?

Have u seen the amount of bloodgluch mods lately go look at em then come back and tell me how many.

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 03:17 PM    Msg. 22 of 479       
A GOOD Blood Gulch mod would be nice, like an HD remake with a different BSP and all that stuff, or maybe a recreation of Hemorrhage (which is basically the same). But honestly, 99% of Blood Gulch mods just suck.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 03:18 PM    Msg. 23 of 479       
What do you have against bloodgulch mods? In fact, I have a really cool one using custom assets and such...

Blood Gulch mods have the potential to be good. I like Blood Gulch, I feel like it's a good starting point that you can do a lot of different things with, but then again, so does everyone else. And when everyone makes a Blood Gulch mod, and so many of them are of sub-par quality, you reach a saturation point where you just stop looking at them.

Like Danger Zone, I think it'd be cool if someone were to update the BSP and tagset, but I've not seen anyone express a desire to undertake such a project.
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 2, 2015 at 03:21 PM

sparky

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 03:19 PM    Msg. 24 of 479       

Slayer117

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 03:20 PM    Msg. 25 of 479       

Do we submit video previews or the files themselves? What about apps? I didn't see any examples of those from the 2014 video; is there any precedent for what is expected of new apps? Do we submit the application or a video demo of it, or both?

Depends on the Quality, if it is a complete overhaul of the map, then the Mod would be nice. But if it's just "I threw some trees and new weapons in BG.", then no we will not take it.

You can submit how ever you like. You can make a video for us or we can film for you. For apps it's a little bit harder to get a video of it. The best thing to do would be talk about what the app does. Show some screen shots of it in action or record yourself using it. Like maps you can submit both if you wish for us to use the app and record it for you.

I have tags; is it OK to demonstrate them in a video recording of a modified bloodgulch? .
Edited by sparky on Mar 2, 2015 at 03:20 PM

That is ok, since you are showing off the tags and not the map it's self.
Edited by Slayer117 on Mar 2, 2015 at 03:22 PM

sparky

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 03:28 PM    Msg. 26 of 479       

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 04:20 PM    Msg. 27 of 479       
A lot of these questions are already answered on our submit page.

For Halo PC, it would be looked at like a MP map mod (if that's what it is). Therefor the rules stated still apply. We likely won't take 50 mp map mods.
http://submit.haloce3.com

Quote: What can I submit?
You can submit a video file (trailer/gameplay/vidoc), a map or yelo file, and/or screenshots! Your project can still be a work in progress and you do NOT have to release anything after the show!

You cannot submit 3DS Max files of any sort or Unity/CryEngine/Unreal projects.

How much time do I get during the livestream?
Each person usually get about five minutes in the live stream per section (multiplayer, singleplayer, etc). This includes the interview, so we may cut parts of it to fit that time limit. This means that, if you do an interview and have a longer trailer, the livestreamed portion of your interview will become that much shorter. Extended, full-length, uncut interviews will be available after the livestream for anyone interested!

What kind of Halo CE related content do you take?
CE3 is divided into five categories for different content: multiplayer maps, singleplayer maps, tags, machinima and applications. Regardless of the format, everything in CE3 MUST be original. Compilations and copies of existing content (i.e. -maps or tags that have already been released) will not be accepted.

For all contents, you can send us either a video/trailer that shows off your custom content, or the map and application itself with screenshots. The CE3 team can make videos for your submission if you do not have the tools to do so.

CE3 strongly encourages that presenters publish their project(s) on Halomaps after the show so that community members can access it easier from a reliable source.

• Multiplayer maps are Halo: CE map files that are created so that users with that map can fight against other players online. If you can load the map by creating a new game online and it as a demo/tag submission, we will define it as a multiplayer map. All maps must be the submitter’s original work. Simple modifications (i.e. -Blood Gulch mods) or [ h3 ] mods (Halo 3-shaded mods) will NOT be accepted. Multiplayer map mods with original tags will be presented in the Demo/Tags category (see below), instead of the Multiplayer category. Modified multiplayer maps with new textures or shaders will be viewed on a case by case basis. We strongly encourage you to follow these guidelines on Halomaps to ensure full functionality.

• Singleplayer maps are intended for a single user to play by themselves, while possibly interacting with AI characters. If the command function “map_name” can load the map but it cannot be played on multiplayer servers, it is singleplayer. These types of submissions may include:

• Modifications to the Halo 1 Campaign with Original Tags and Different Gameplay

• Re-purposed Multiplayer maps

• Firefight maps

• Original Singleplayer Level

Campaign modifications that only replace tags and contain original tags will be presented in the Demo/Tags category (see below), instead of the Singleplayer category.
    Campaign modifications with original tags and a change of gameplay or environments (example: SPv3), will still be presented in the Singleplayer category.

• Demo/Tags are individual, custom content that make up a part of a map. These can include:

• Weapons

• Vehicles

• Scenery Objects

• Shaders

• Scripts

• Mutiplayer or Singleplayer projects where the only changes are tags (must contain original tagwork)

Anything else that can be imported into a Halo map
    The majority of the content in each submission must be the uploader’s work, no exceptions. These projects must also be shown in-game (For example: you cannot render a first-person animation in 3DS Max to show off; it must be compiled and shown in-game).

• Machinima are skits or video presentations that are created using video game engines. Submissions must take place in the Halo: CE game or obviously use a majority of content from it. Trailers, clips, and small “Let’s Play” samples from your show will be accepted. Full episode uploads may be viewed on a case-by-case basis depending on length and quality.

• Applications are any external or supporting programs that enhance the playing or modding experience of Halo: CE (such as HAC2 or Open Sauce). Apps must be relevant to modding or playing Halo: CE. We will accept executable files of the program itself, as well as videos showing how your program works. Programs cannot encourage cheating or hacking in multiplayer.

How do I submit my content?
You can submit either a video (see below), map files (.map or .yelo), application files, or screenshots to show us your work. To do this, compress your files into a ZIP or RAR archive, and use one of two ways:

Upload it to a file-sharing site like Dropbox, Mediafire, or Youtube (Unlisted) and send us the link to that file.
Upload directly to our website during the submission process.

I am submitting a map file. Will you make the video for me?
Yes! If you have problems recording or anything similar, no worries! We have created the trailers for Lumoria Episode 2, Foundry, and the Takedown series, and have recorded gameplay on Bigass, Spleen, Halo: Star Wars and more! If you submit tags, instead of making a video, we will demonstrate your tags onstage. You may leave additional notes on your submission file about what you would like to see in the video, specifically, and we will do our best to include that.

I am submitting a video. What are my rules?
We encourage that you submit your videos in a standard format, such as MOV, WMV, MP4 and FLV (Youtube), in the resolutions below. We do accept unlisted YouTube videos, but a direct file would ensure the highest quality possible.

Please record in 16:9, as it is a global standard and the format used for our show. For 16:9 (widescreen) formats, we accept the following resolutions:

360p: 640×360 (Minimum)
480p: 856×480
720p: 1280×720
1080p: 1920×1080
1440p: 2560×1440
3840p: 3840×2160

Please export your videos so that frame rates are between 23 and 60 fps. Our livestream will only be rendered out at 30fps due to file size and how most of the animations in Halo are locked at 30fps.

What do I do if I want an interview?
Please have a microphone ready, prepare questions for yourself (so we can get ideas what to ask), and make a Skype account. Just check the “Yes” box in the submission when it asks whether you would like to be interviewed, and we will contact you to set up a time. If you get an interview, please watch yourself for “uhhs” and pauses while talking.

Also, to ensure the highest audio quality possible and to have a backup against faulty Skype connections, we will ask you to record your own mic. You can do so easily with free programs such as Audacity.

I already released my project, but I’m making an updated version. Can I still show it off?
As long as your project has significantly updated since your last release, we would be happy to let you present. Most of these projects only get very limited time in the livestream, though, since they are already released in an older fashion. You must be the original creator of the previous project.

sparky

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 02:47 PM    Msg. 28 of 479       

Xx1Talon1xX

Mexicans, Mexicans Everywhere!

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 02:51 PM    Msg. 29 of 479       
I submitted three mods. They are in Halo PC format; let me know if I need to convert them to Halo CE format instead.

Of course they should be....

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:04 PM    Msg. 30 of 479       
I submitted three mods. They are in Halo PC format; let me know if I need to convert them to Halo CE format instead.

They probably should be.

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:31 PM    Msg. 31 of 479       
I better start hurrying on my project huh?

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 10:22 PM    Msg. 32 of 479       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
I better start hurrying on my project huh?

June 27th

Ubermaniac

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:05 AM    Msg. 33 of 479       
Well. The beta map(s) will be put sooner or later, but I'm really waiting on SPV3.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:07 AM    Msg. 34 of 479       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
Well. The beta map(s) will be put sooner or later, but I'm really waiting on SPV3.

and you cant use the evolved tags why?

Ubermaniac

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:09 AM    Msg. 35 of 479       
Oh, we are, but there is no doubt the SPV3 tags will be more polished. Evolved will be used in beta, and in SOME cases, Final Versions. Were actually working on making Sanctuary's BSP more playable.

Page 1 of 14 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 14 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 24, 2019 6:00 AM 687 ms.
A Halo Maps Website