A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

Page 5 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 26 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond (908 messages, Page 5 of 26)
Moderators: Dennis

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:01 PM    Msg. 141 of 908       

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:17 PM    Msg. 142 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
What FPS do people get? My laptop averages around 30 - 40 fps during the first encounters. My desktop is around 40 - 50.

Radeon HD7750, i5-4570k, solid 60+ consistently. No drops or anything.

Odd, I have a superior graphics card on my laptop and yet I still average 40 fps.

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:22 PM    Msg. 143 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
What FPS do people get? My laptop averages around 30 - 40 fps during the first encounters. My desktop is around 40 - 50.

Radeon HD7750, i5-4570k, solid 60+ consistently. No drops or anything.

Odd, I have a superior graphics card on my laptop and yet I still average 40 fps.

this mod requires fewer requirements than halo 2v.
I have 128mb of video and i lock the 60fps (with h2v NO)
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 3, 2015 at 03:23 PM

Manny1998

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:28 PM    Msg. 144 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: beaucephal
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
OS wont install

In what way? Does it exit with an error message? Does the installer just straight-up not start?

Can you help me ? I can't install open sauce ! It says "open sauce ended prematurely"

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:29 PM    Msg. 145 of 908       
I had some very slight laggyness going on in one of the interiors, despite having a beast computer and GPU. That said, keep in mind that this engine's graphics code is over 10 years old, and is thus far away from modern engine's performance optimisations and techniques.

austen1000

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:35 PM    Msg. 146 of 908       
For some reason, disabling vehicles with a charged Plasma Pistol shot isn't working for me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:37 PM    Msg. 147 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I had some very slight laggyness going on in one of the interiors, despite having a beast computer and GPU. That said, keep in mind that this engine's graphics code is over 10 years old, and is thus far away from modern engine's performance optimisations and techniques.

LAG? The mod has no problems, for me its OKEY. but i expected more graphics!
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 3, 2015 at 03:38 PM

Xx1Talon1xX

Mexicans, Mexicans Everywhere!

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:38 PM    Msg. 148 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
For some reason, disabling vehicles with a charged Plasma Pistol shot isn't working for me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Was it suppose to work?

austen1000

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:39 PM    Msg. 149 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xx1Talon1xX

Was it suppose to work?

According to the readme, yes. Unless the feature got cut at the last second.
Edited by austen1000 on Mar 3, 2015 at 03:41 PM

not giraffe

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:41 PM    Msg. 150 of 908       

It varies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQFOY4-IXk

TheMegajd16

wait, what??!?

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:01 PM    Msg. 151 of 908       
Now we need online coop,:'( playing TSC:E with other player would be great..

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:11 PM    Msg. 152 of 908       
I found a floating tree

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:15 PM    Msg. 153 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMegajd16
Now we need online coop,:'( playing TSC:E with other player would be great..

Online co-op would be ridiculously awesome, not just for TSC:E!

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:17 PM    Msg. 154 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
I found a floating tree

http://i.imgur.com/5CT2qSq.jpg

Yep, here's another screencap

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Floating tree bug, at waterfall

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/130302773-4.jpg

Edited by Zetren on Mar 3, 2015 at 04:15 PM

I thought I checked all the posts and no one posted about it before, I don't know how I missed it, lol.

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:21 PM    Msg. 155 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Manny1998
OS wont install

In what way? Does it exit with an error message? Does the installer just straight-up not start?

Can you help me ? I can't install open sauce ! It says "open sauce ended prematurely"

I had that error too, downloading and installing this fixed it:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=21

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:35 PM    Msg. 156 of 908       

It should work on only ghosts and wraiths. it only effects the movement though, not guns.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:37 PM    Msg. 157 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I still want to add that I am a huge fan of the assault rifle.
In Halo, it's always been my preferred standard weapon, and the balance the TSC:E team gave to it really nailed it imo.

Felt right. *nods*

Just finished the level, first impressions:
•Environments were beautiful.
•MA5 GL looked a little "lazy," for lack of a better term. The launcher looked bloated and ill-fitting. The compass is also backwards. When the arrow is pointing to the right, it should say "E" but it says "W". There's also a hole.
•Railgun Warthog looked great, I think I might prefer its aesthetic over the gauss Warthog.
•Didn't really understand the pistol's ready animation.
•Brute monoliths were a nice touch, although I was disappointed (albeit unsurprised) that I couldn't knock the Marines off of it.
•Shredder was clever, probably one of my favorite weapons in the level.
•Was a little confused as to how there were dead Marines inside the structure that you had just unlocked.
•Battle rife had no ejection port (although I believe this is an issue in the other games, as well), so spent casings spawned from nowhere.
•Pelican interiors were full of detail, which was cool, although the "MILITARY RATIONS" decals on the compartments struck me as a bit funny, considering it's a military dropship. "EMERGENCY RATIONS" might have been a bit more appropriate [/nitpick].
•Brute Shot felt good. It's always been one of those weapons that I want to like, but feel disappointed by in-game. This one didn't disappoint.
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 3, 2015 at 04:39 PM
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 3, 2015 at 04:41 PM

austen1000

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:44 PM    Msg. 158 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

It should work on only ghosts and wraiths. it only effects the movement though, not guns.

I tried to disable a Ghost, but, it was still moving normally after being hit. Thats the only feature that is not working for me. Everything else (Ghost boosting, vehicle hijacking, extra grenades, etc...) works fine.

Manny1998

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:58 PM    Msg. 159 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
Quote: --- Original message by: Manny1998
OS wont install

I had that error too, downloading and installing this fixed it:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=21

Thanks man :D I'll try

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 05:11 PM    Msg. 160 of 908       
Well after some testing with the skip I found, I have created a full video of the skip.

If you want to just see the skip, skip to 4:57.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sSBHRQBBlY
Video is still processing. It'll be 720p60 soon.
Edited by TailsTheGamer on Mar 3, 2015 at 05:12 PM

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 05:11 PM    Msg. 161 of 908       
As to the whole military rations thing; not only have pelicans been seen utilized by civilian services in the franchise, but there's a distinction between 'emergency' material and 'military grade' items even today. Instances of the latter filling the role of the former and vice versa are sometimes necessary, but it's hardly ideal.

Echo77

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 05:20 PM    Msg. 162 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
As to the whole military rations thing; not only have pelicans been seen utilized by civilian services in the franchise, but there's a distinction between 'emergency' material and 'military grade' items even today. Instances of the latter filling the role of the former and vice versa are sometimes necessary, but it's hardly ideal.

I'm saying it's weird to make the distinction of describing something as "military" when this is a military vessel being used by the military for military purposes. Odds are that all of the rations stored onboard the Pelican would be "military rations", unless they're smuggling Turkey Dinner and Chef's Special from the Autumn, which is why the label was funny to me; because it conjured images of the other compartments being packed with junk food and/or gourmet meals, or otherwise "civilian" "rations".
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 3, 2015 at 05:22 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 05:41 PM    Msg. 163 of 908       
Lets argue about a label in the Pelican.

Just an idea.

Obviously this entire map was ripped. Cmt always rips.

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 05:42 PM    Msg. 164 of 908       
The BSP is actually ripped from a leaked beta of lumoris 3.

Echo77

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 05:44 PM    Msg. 165 of 908       
Lets argue about a label in the Pelican.

Just an idea.

Obviously this entire map was ripped. Cmt always rips.

"Let's discuss what we saw in the map."
*posts a meme instead*
---
VISR mode for the BR scope was a neat idea. Did the sniper rifle have that, too, or was it exclusive to the battle rifle?

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 05:49 PM    Msg. 166 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
VISR mode for the BR scope was a neat idea. Did the sniper rifle have that, too, or was it exclusive to the battle rifle?

Both long range human weapons have VISR when scoped instead of night vision. We tried various iterations where VISR was the flashlight, like in a50, and then as a rechargeable item pickup. Neither seemed like a very efficient use of the tech, so we replaced the night vision instead. Personally I really like this, as it makes darker areas like the pit more visible when trying to find the grunts hiding behind rocks. In the well lit places there was no real need for it, so placing it in the weapons themselves seemed like a good tradeoff.

Juzo

Just delete my account really

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 06:29 PM    Msg. 167 of 908       
I'm so glad this is out. Thank you CMT for all the hard work.

Alexis

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 06:34 PM    Msg. 168 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

•MA5 GL looked a little "lazy," for lack of a better term. The launcher looked bloated and ill-fitting. The compass is also backwards. When the arrow is pointing to the right, it should say "E" but it says "W".

No,

If the arrow always points north, and you turn to the left(west) the arrow points to the right. Obviously, the direction you are facing is West, or W

P3

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 07:18 PM    Msg. 169 of 908       
The only main problem I had with it was that it was not a beautiful sunny beach assault, but a dark sun set or sun rise assault. There was too many dark and enclosed encounters. I would have preferred it to have more open battles, sometimes with team or group combats like at the beginning and with a jungle and not swamp or regular forest theme. Would have been the best if it had these. Also, when you melee with the brute shot while crouched, he will stand up to do the melee, and when you fire the grenade launcher on the AR-GL, it shows him using the regular grenade throw animation. And some of the easter eggs are really noticable.:L

But yeah. Would have liked it a lot more if it was in the morning/day time and had more open combat.

Edit:
Also, wished that the sharpshooter Jackals had beam rifles. The carbine seemed pretty weak too.
Edited by P3 on Mar 3, 2015 at 07:20 PM

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 07:20 PM    Msg. 170 of 908       
well I wish I could run the game, but once again I have to deal with the "Cannot allocated required memory" bs on startup, so I cant even start halo

I also cant get past installing directx part on the open sauce installer, does anything ever work from this site?
Edited by rcghalohell on Mar 3, 2015 at 07:23 PM

P3

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 07:25 PM    Msg. 171 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: michaelwilliam
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
The only main problem I had with it was that it was not a beautiful sunny beach assault, but a dark sun set or sun rise assault. There was too many dark and enclosed encounters. I would have preferred it to have more open battles, sometimes with team or group combats like at the beginning and with a jungle and not swamp or regular forest theme. Would have been the best if it had these. Also, when you melee with the brute shot while crouched, he will stand up to do the melee, and when you fire the grenade launcher on the AR-GL, it shows him using the regular grenade throw animation. And some of the easter eggs are really noticable.:L

But yeah. Would have liked it a lot more if it was in the morning/day time and had more open combat.

They did really well on this and idk why your so upset and angry. Calm down.

It was just my opinion. I wasn't trying to come off as upset and angry. Maybe a bit disappointed, but that's pretty much it really.

Also, I really wished the covenant and allies had a lot more talking and other remark dialog during combat or idle times like in H2 and up. It really made the opponents and ai's not seem like empty bots.

rcghalohell

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 07:38 PM    Msg. 172 of 908       
this is really pissing me off, installation bails at installing directx, and then quits after saying that "there is a problem with this windows installer package"

P3

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 07:52 PM    Msg. 173 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
this is really pissing me off, installation bails at installing directx, and then quits after saying that "there is a problem with this windows installer package"

Have you tried right clicking the installer and choose the compatibility mode?

rcghalohell

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 07:55 PM    Msg. 174 of 908       
yes, the only option in the properties was "previous version of windows" and it is fully unblocked as well. no success

P3

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 08:03 PM    Msg. 175 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
yes, the only option in the properties was "previous version of windows" and it is fully unblocked as well. no success

So you have tried to run the installer after checking the box "previous version of windows"?
Edited by P3 on Mar 3, 2015 at 08:04 PM

Page 5 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · [5] · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 26 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 9:20 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website