A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

Page 7 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 4 · 5 · 6 · [7] · 8 · 9 · 10 · ... · 26 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond (908 messages, Page 7 of 26)
Moderators: Dennis

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 04:56 PM    Msg. 211 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: PopeAK49
AI fish = Next Gen

#COD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYso30L9zI

boogerlad

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 05:45 PM    Msg. 212 of 908       
I don't think they will be fixing FOV bugs. I reported them early in the RC stage and they didn't do anything about it. There are also FOV bugs with cutscenes, but that is due to an OS/engine limitation with regards to max number of rendered polygons.

boogerlad

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 06:35 PM    Msg. 213 of 908       
That doesn't fix it, just hides the problem.

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 06:39 PM    Msg. 214 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: boogerlad
That doesn't fix it, just hides the problem.

The cutscenes were designed not to clip at the FOV they were intended for. So if that is "hiding" the problem, then yes, that is what it does.

raphaelBLOOD WAR

I wipe your maps with your own blood!

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 07:40 PM    Msg. 215 of 908       
I seem to have a problem downloading the map the speed would not go up and it would freeze sometimes and wouldn't move u guys mind reuploading the map please.

Nickster5000

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 08:29 PM    Msg. 216 of 908       
Not even going to lie... I played it for the first time using cheats D: (I had little time and I wanted to see the whole level! I got called a cheater by some voice in my head I think... hmmm..)

Seriously though, just finished playing it through on normal, and I loved it. Lot's of TLC, time, effort, and love went into this map; it's very obvious. The only thing that really annoyed me was that some areas were dark when I played through it the first time. I turned up my gamma and it was easier to see, so that solved that issue. I also flipped the gauss hog over twice in a weird way and died by an explosion... may want to look into that :P

Overall, again, amazing work. Extremely inspirational. If I were to give this a rating on a scale of 1 to 10, it'd have to be 25322543663946374343574634/10. Loved it. Can't wait to see what CMT's got in store for the rest of the campaign. Also, best wishes to those on the evolved team since this was your last project D:

klasher1000

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 09:51 PM    Msg. 217 of 908       
I literally left Halomaps for a week and came back to see this. Thanks for the mini heart attack CMT and congrats on the completion of TSC:E

teh lag

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 10:02 PM    Msg. 218 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Is there suppose to be a DMR on Noble difficulty, before the area where the Brute Chieftan would have been (but is replaced by 4 Hunters)? I ask because there isn't any unique properties to it (therefore not being an Easter Egg weapon, as far as I can tell), lacks the VISR mode of the Battle Rifle & Sniper Rifle, isn't mentioned in the manual, and the firing sound seems like it still needs work (its very quiet, and has an issue with crackling and popping).

The DMR was cut from the "official" map during development, but we didn't have the heart to remove it entirely. So, you can find it in Noble and as a hidden secret somewhere else.

Quote: fish

The fish behavior is an imperfect approximation of real-life fish behavior.

-----

Edit: The first update has been released, fixing a number of common issues in the map. Barring unexpected new issues, this version of the map will be uploaded to the Halomaps archive later this week. We are planning on releasing at least one more update prior to (or concurrent with) the source file release.

Quote:
Version 1.1 (03-04-2015):

- add minor buff to warthog health
- add extra volume to c_storage_large playerclip so ghosts get trapped less often
- add logic to make interior mission more friendly for sequence breakers
- fix missing death volume in cave pool
- fix shaft bridge collision model's animation to match render model's timing
- fix unused heat meter still in gauss cannon hud
- fix ar, pistol, rocket spawns on noble
- fix assorted floating trees and other object placement
- fix covenant vehicle emp system
- fix mysterious floating phantom dropship pieces when main body is destroyed
- fix grenade hud icon flash misalignment
- fix hole in ar/gl model geometry
- fix compass north not pointing towards threshold
- fix incorrect damage scale on wraith sideguns
- fix missing zoomvisr mode for hidden dmr

Edited by teh lag on Mar 4, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 11:07 PM    Msg. 219 of 908       
There were some portalling issues inside the generator room, particularly when travelling up the sideramps.

Given how long it takes for regular lightmaps to compile, I can imagine why this might not be fixed in an update. Hell, I probably wouldn't want to run lightmaps for days 😱

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 11:09 PM    Msg. 220 of 908       
I may be a bit late, but when I changed it to easy, the phantom unloading troops right before a jump to a dead wraith on the way to the security station unloads them into the ocean (unless that was intended? can't be too sure with the intro easy has). I've also noticed there is no node connected to the magazine for the spiker. just a hand moving.

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 11:18 PM    Msg. 221 of 908       

teh lag

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 11:19 PM    Msg. 222 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex
I may be a bit late, but when I changed it to easy, the phantom unloading troops right before a jump to a dead wraith on the way to the security station unloads them into the ocean (unless that was intended? can't be too sure with the intro easy has).

You are experiencing the true Noble difficulty.

NeX

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 12:30 AM    Msg. 223 of 908       
Gah I cannot get past the room of chief heads! I've used the entire silent BR's clip of 900+ shots, so I assume they just infinitely spawn...gotta be some trick to it gah

EDIT: Hahahaha wow. I feel like a moron now. Finally beat Noble! Creepy Keys were Creepy. Bummer that you just go all freebird at the end though :P
Edited by NeX on Mar 5, 2015 at 12:39 AM

khoatran

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 04:47 AM    Msg. 224 of 908       
Just found a issue that all the enemy near the waterfall (where has easter egg) is disappeared. this issue is rare because when i reset level the issue was gone, not sure this is good or bad because i dont have to fight the brute chieftain :D

Edited by khoatran on Mar 5, 2015 at 04:59 AM

MoooseGuy

I Approve This Message.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 06:28 AM    Msg. 225 of 908       
Duuuuude! Congrats on the release!

It's great to finally see this out in the wild.

austen1000

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 07:22 AM    Msg. 226 of 908       
The EMP system is working on the Ghost now, but, it still isn't working on normal Wraiths (haven't tested Anti-Air Wraiths yet).

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 07:24 AM    Msg. 227 of 908       
It works against AA Wraith.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 09:30 AM    Msg. 228 of 908       
>source tag release

thank you guys so much for even considering to make a source release for those of us who might appreciate using your content instead of just forcing us to rely on imperfect tag extractors and the like. I'm on my phone at the moment, but I just felt compelled to thank the team on that basis. this is a great project nonetheless, but a source release is truly the proverbial icing on the cake
Edited by Bungie LLC on Mar 5, 2015 at 09:32 AM

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 12:20 PM    Msg. 229 of 908       
So have we discovered how to open any of those red doors yet, the one near the first Overshield after you get the warthog, or the one that's inside one of the rock things that you can't get to? Or even toggle the elevator at the beginning after you've conquered the beach?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 12:25 PM    Msg. 230 of 908       
Pretty sure that elevator is just for show. I don't think there is anything up there.

RabbitFood

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 12:53 PM    Msg. 231 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Pretty sure that elevator is just for show. I don't think there is anything up there.

That's what someone who put something up the elevator would say.

Also anyone else find that tomb-looking thing in that semi-secret room? After you get locked out of the control center and have to leave, you go under a bridge. If you ghost-glitch up the wall and get on that bridge, there's a door leading to the room. I can't seem to figure out what it is.

The_Purrminator

(SBB) Michelle

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 03:08 PM    Msg. 232 of 908       
'Cuz it had to be done.
http://youtu.be/MmzNYUsSdwA

sshers4

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 03:08 PM    Msg. 233 of 908       
Hay teh lag. If you seen halo E3 2000 trailer gameplay you know that part where the marines jump out off the pelican and they start running look carefully you can see their foot prints on the terrain.

It would be good if you add that on the beach in T.S.C.E. please update this one.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 03:47 PM    Msg. 234 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

That's what someone who put something up the elevator would say.

Also anyone else find that tomb-looking thing in that semi-secret room? After you get locked out of the control center and have to leave, you go under a bridge. If you ghost-glitch up the wall and get on that bridge, there's a door leading to the room. I can't seem to figure out what it is.

I actually just visited that area, thanks for pointing it out. There is supposed to be an easter egg in that room. Were you playing on Noble when yougot there? Noble disables certain easter eggs. Cheats might as well.

Also concerning said egg, is the gun's name supposed to be a play on the word "plasma?"

RabbitFood

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 04:18 PM    Msg. 235 of 908       
I was on noble, yeah. I'll check back on it.

SPEAKING of Noble, who thought that the ending battle of Noble would be a good idea?

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 04:32 PM    Msg. 236 of 908       
Question : what was the most time consuming task in the whole process ?
BSP making and fixing ? Creating all the assets ? I mean, in the final gathering of all stuff before the map being ready

teh lag

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 04:40 PM    Msg. 237 of 908       
SPEAKING of Noble, who thought that the ending battle of Noble would be a good idea?

Various people, for various definitions of "good".

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Question : what was the most time consuming task in the whole process ?
BSP making and fixing ? Creating all the assets ? I mean, in the final gathering of all stuff before the map being ready

The level geometry was probably the most time-consuming in terms of net volume. Setting up the lightmaps (re-unwrapping the game's awful lightmap UVs, iterating on the 3ds lighting settings, waiting for renders, manually painting out errors) is probably a close second, but the main level probably beats it if you count the full 3 years of dev.

RabbitFood

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 04:55 PM    Msg. 238 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

Various people, for various definitions of "good".

I'm at the big hallway with the *SPOILER ALERT* Master Chief Flood Heads , and I have no idea how to get past that.

Ifafudafi

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 05:34 PM    Msg. 239 of 908       
I'm at the big hallway with the *SPOILER ALERT*, and I have no idea how to get past that.

it's much simpler than you think

RabbitFood

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 06:07 PM    Msg. 240 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ifafudafi
I'm at the big hallway with the *SPOILER ALERT*, and I have no idea how to get past that.

it's much simpler than you think

But all them doors be closed. And even with the dropped weapon, I can't survive that long to take em all out.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 06:38 PM    Msg. 241 of 908       
Just keep running and shooting, never slow down. At least that's how I did it.

Also on Noble during the "Showdown" there's a Top-hat Elite spectating. Does killing him trigger anything?

Finally, how many golden guns are there? Does collecting them all trigger anything? All this and more when I post a bunch of screenshots.

Cortexian

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 06:43 PM    Msg. 242 of 908       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hhWB4di4_s

Here's my play-through from last night on Twitch TV.
Edited by Cortexian on Mar 5, 2015 at 06:43 PM

RabbitFood

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 07:04 PM    Msg. 243 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
Just keep running and shooting, never slow down. At least that's how I did it.

Also on Noble during the "Showdown" there's a Top-hat Elite spectating. Does killing him trigger anything?

Finally, how many golden guns are there? Does collecting them all trigger anything? All this and more when I post a bunch of screenshots.

When you post screenshots, link an Imgur album instead of posting stuff here that might spoil.

RadWolfie

Programmer

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 07:20 PM    Msg. 244 of 908       
Wow... I can see a lot of blood and serious sweat work into this project than before, other than Lumoria project of course*. Other than that, I can see some serious improvement in the game engine with optimized scripts it seems.

* I might forgotten some other great projects to mention here...

Plus I would like to congrats everyone on the team making this fantastic map with much better improvement in Open Sauce v4.0.

Ifafudafi

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 07:27 PM    Msg. 245 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
how many golden guns are there?

since a few have been found already, I think it's not giving away too much to say that there is a hidden gold counterpart for every weapon in the map

Page 7 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 4 · 5 · 6 · [7] · 8 · 9 · 10 · ... · 26 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 16, 2018 1:49 PM 921 ms.
A Halo Maps Website