A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

Page 9 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 6 · 7 · 8 · [9] · 10 · 11 · 12 · ... · 26 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond (908 messages, Page 9 of 26)
Moderators: Dennis

Ifafudafi

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 11:26 PM    Msg. 281 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
It might be necessary for some though. I'm going to use those to get the pistol now, thanks!

it is not necessary for any of them

we couldn't tie camera into cheat detection because A. we can't detect a command like debug_camera_save/load being entered, B. camera_control isn't readable. a couple of elaborate systems to work around this were considered but dropped due to potential to interfere elsewhere

if you get a secret through camera teleportation you are cheating. please be a good sport and reach things legit

a final fun hint: if the pistol you find is not gold, you have not found the gold pistol

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 11:39 PM    Msg. 282 of 908       
Yeah, I just found that "wall."

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 11:48 PM    Msg. 283 of 908       
What happened to reticle bloom on weapons?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 11:51 PM    Msg. 284 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac

SPV3.

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:02 AM    Msg. 285 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac

SPV3.

Ah.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:06 AM    Msg. 286 of 908       
I uh... Just... just finished Noble... I think.

That was an experience like none other...

Safusaka

pizza

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:08 AM    Msg. 287 of 908       
http://i.imgur.com/lTfoHVl.png

Nice view.
Edited by Safusaka on Mar 6, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Ryn

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:37 AM    Msg. 288 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
I uh... Just... just finished Noble... I think.

That was an experience like none other...

Came here to ask if anyone had gotten the "horror" ending and what caused it to happen? I'm guessing you may have? Because it legit freaked me out lol.

dustyb216

Say hello to My Little Pony! :3

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:39 AM    Msg. 289 of 908       
The creepy scene at the entrance of the building after we actived the control is the ending of Noble right? I got shot up at the ceiling and stucked there till the level restart itself.
Noble is really creepy tho.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:41 AM    Msg. 290 of 908       
Halo:CE Speedrunner goatrope is doing some Legendary speedruns of TSC:E!

http://www.twitch.tv/goatrope

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:35 AM    Msg. 291 of 908       

Instead of taking the far away screenshot, I decided to grenade jump onto a tree branch then grenade jump out of bounds. Grenade jumping off a tree branch was a pain in my booty.

This master chief head is activated by going a little ways into the level then coming back to the beginning. It can be found on the structure right before you get the hog close to the dirt wall. Shooting it causes a massive blood explosion. I feel like there's more to this easter egg.

That carbine over on top of that dirt structure is cool. It's the same one from SPV3 The Truth and Rec.

Also for some reason I think there must be a way to activate the switch to that elevator in that structure. Looking up the elevator shaft you can see another switch probably to be used to send the elevator back down.
Edited by TailsTheGamer on Mar 6, 2015 at 01:45 AM

Josh

No comment

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:35 AM    Msg. 292 of 908       
Has anyone encountered a glitch/easter egg during the second encounter with Hunters. For some reason when I ran away from them to grab some ammo and came back, the hunters stopped shooting and just stared stared at me and didn't even bother to melee me. Long story short, a pair of hunters became friendly.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:40 AM    Msg. 293 of 908       

Right now?

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:47 AM    Msg. 294 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: TailsTheGamer

http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/17/78/77/04/2015-027.jpg

Instead of taking the far away screenshot, I decided to grenade jump onto a tree branch then grenade jump out of bounds. Grenade jumping off a tree branch was a pain in my booty.

This master chief head is activated by going a little ways into the level then coming back to the beginning. It can be found on the structure right before you get the hog close to the dirt wall. Shooting it causes a massive blood explosion. I feel like there's more to this easter egg.

Also for some reason I think there must be a way to activate the switch to that elevator in that structure. Looking up the elevator shaft you can see another switch probably to be used to send the elevator back down.
Edited by TailsTheGamer on Mar 6, 2015 at 01:36 AM

Interesting. I JUST found a similar head on top of a sand portion of the mountainside overlooking the first beach BSP. The second encounter in the whole level to be specific). Seeinghow there's at least two, maye they're switches.

As for your elevator problem, it's actually quite simple. The security override activates it. As soon as you override the security system, head back to the landing zone and take the elevator up. I found this on my first run-though because I like to switch-out my marines.

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:49 AM    Msg. 295 of 908       

Interesting. I JUST found a similar head on top of a sand portion of the mountainside overlooking the first beach BSP. The second encounter in the whole level to be specific). Seeinghow there's at least two, maye they're switches.

As for your elevator problem, it's actually quite simple. The security override activates it. As soon as you override the security system, head back to the landing zone and take the elevator up. I found this on my first run-though because I like to switch-out my marines.

Thanks for that tip! I'll go check it out while my 3rd computer re-installs 8.1!

well that's two heads, I wonder if there is more. It does sound like some sort of trigger.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:51 AM    Msg. 296 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Right now?

You missed it by like 40mins :/

Ifafudafi

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:52 AM    Msg. 297 of 908       
things

things

you guys have no idea how nail-bitingly exciting this is for me to watch

spartin115

Scripter;Level design; AI; Animation

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 02:33 AM    Msg. 298 of 908       
Is there any way to make the into cinematic skipable, I don't feel the need to sit through the same cutsceen every time I want to play the level.

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 02:42 AM    Msg. 299 of 908       

I cannot find the helmet that you're talking about, can you screeny it's general location and send it to me?

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 04:21 AM    Msg. 300 of 908       
Yeah, sorry for the delay, I just watched a movie.

Far away:

Close-up:

http://imgur.com/a/72qPx

Perla117

The Last Italian On This Forum

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 05:30 AM    Msg. 301 of 908       
what are the number of the secret room in this map?
and what happend if you find all the chiefs head?
Nothing?

olly12345

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 06:36 AM    Msg. 302 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: spartin115
Is there any way to make the into cinematic skipable, I don't feel the need to sit through the same cutsceen every time I want to play the level.

I just use Game_Speed 7 until i hit the beach

sometimes it messes up though, but quitting and going from the checkpoint works.

snehil2

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 09:04 AM    Msg. 303 of 908       
Did anybody noticed the bug on ar/gl in legendary in latest ver(1.1a)? The grenades of ar are thrown like frag grenades. Other difficulties work fine

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 09:16 AM    Msg. 304 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: AliceChan

Far away:
http://i.imgur.com/oW182tR.jpg
Close-up:
http://i.imgur.com/Ba5hIjp.jpg

Um... Why were they taken with a phone?

Fraps is too mainstream.

khoatran

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 11:29 AM    Msg. 305 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
Quote: --- Original message by: khoatran
Have you guys fixed this bug in generator room?
http://i.gyazo.com/4759f79736bd23f80fa5da62ed74b367.jpg

Unfortunately, we do not have the means to fix it.

okay :( !! but have you guys know what cause that bug ?

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 11:49 AM    Msg. 306 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: khoatran

okay :( !! but have you guys know what cause that bug ?

Issues like the doorways and some alcoves in the map room flickering and disappearing are related to a combination of engine limitations on how much geometry we can render at any one time, and the portalling setup. I worked for weeks to try to eradicate all portal errors in the map room, but in the end we had to prioritize the view from the main door. At higher FOV values any portal issues become even more visible. Really it's a miracle that it looks as good as it does.

Here are some images to demonstrate:

To answer your curiosity as to why we can't fix it, there are a few things:

• Basic engine limitations, as mentioned above

• FOV. We tried to make everything look good up through 90 FOV, but that was extremely difficult as it was. Since a lot of people are going to be playing at 90 or above, it's very possible they are seeing more issues than we had planned for. However, there's only so much we could do- this engine really is at the end of its stretch capacity.

• Portals had to be completely finalized in order to begin unwrapping lightmap uvs. Then, in turn, lightmap uvs had to be finalized before any detail objects could be placed, as those reset every time you import new uvs into the bsp. At a certain point (in this case November 19th 2014) we had to move on or we would never finish. No matter what portal issues we saw after that point, fixing them would mean redoing every step afterward.

Edited by slashrat on Mar 6, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 11:53 AM    Msg. 307 of 908       
Holy crap those are your portals?!!!

I'm content with a few intersecting planes which work for me, but what you have there is the work of einstein.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 11:54 AM    Msg. 308 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: spartin115

It's possible to script this thing in.
Though I don't recall the exact commands, but it can be copy-pasted from the Lumoria Ep2 opening cutscene.

That said, this opening cutscene really isn't that long. There's no need to cut it out.

Ryn

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 11:57 AM    Msg. 309 of 908       
To the guys asking about the Chief heads, have you done a full run on Noble?

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 12:50 PM    Msg. 310 of 908       

Far away:
http://i.imgur.com/oW182tR.jpg
Close-up:
http://i.imgur.com/Ba5hIjp.jpg

It's ok, I went to bed anyway XP

Thanks!

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:21 PM    Msg. 311 of 908       
So I finally had enough time to beat the level (I had to replay from the beginning few times because progress doesn't save) and holy crab this was good. Definitely my favorite single player map of all time. Now I want to replay it all again on harder difficulties which is something I rarely do. And I gotta take back what I said about the new OS, besides a few issues it is great, much better optimized than the previous version.

I noticed that some covenant crates have collision problems, most likely caused by bounding radius being too small. Some of waterfalls particles always kept disappearing. I didn't really like those large lens flares on some of light scenery.

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:29 PM    Msg. 312 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
So I finally had enough time to beat the level (I had to replay from the beginning few times because progress doesn't save) and holy crab this was good. Definitely my favorite single player map of all time. Now I want to replay it all again on harder difficulties which is something I rarely do. And I gotta take back what I said about the new OS, besides a few issues it is great, much better optimized than the previous version.

I noticed that some covenant crates have collision problems, most likely caused by bounding radius being too small. Some of waterfalls particles always kept disappearing. I didn't really like those large lens flares on some of light scenery.

The crate issue got an attempted fix in the yesterday's update:
- add extra volume to c_storage_large playerclip so ghosts get trapped less often

We can't do anything about the particle popping for the same reasons we can't fix the portals- the engine just can't handle over a certain number of particles, no matter how much we tried to optimize everything. *shrug* Alas.

Glad you're enjoying the level though!
Edited by slashrat on Mar 6, 2015 at 01:30 PM

NeiaG

Ohai Mark

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 01:51 PM    Msg. 313 of 908       
Were you guys able to get rag dolls in? Because I swear when the Brutes die they have subtle changes in their positions on the ground.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 02:14 PM    Msg. 314 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Perla117
what are the number of the secret room in this map?
and what happend if you find all the chiefs head?
Nothing?

Depends on what can be considered a "secret room." However, I can definitively say at least 3.

I don't know if anyone's found "all" the chief heads.

Quote: --- Original message by: AliceChan
Um... Why were they taken with a phone?

Because I'm a n00b and don't know how to get screenshots to work...
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Mar 6, 2015 at 02:16 PM

Pepzee

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 03:01 PM    Msg. 315 of 908       
I personally want the Halo engine. If it's not the Halo engine then I have no interest in playing it.

Closed minded? Sure. Considering the limitations of the engine I think it was all put together well, regardless of the errors.

Page 9 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 6 · 7 · 8 · [9] · 10 · 11 · 12 · ... · 26 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 10:14 AM 625 ms.
A Halo Maps Website