A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

Page 3 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 26 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond (908 messages, Page 3 of 26)
Moderators: Dennis

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 10:48 PM    Msg. 69 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98

Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
silly neiaG
thats HAC

EDIT:

I've uninstalled/reinstalled CE 3 times, nuked the directory twice during those reinstalls, patched to 1.10, and the launcher still says, "Please uninstall the previous version of O.S before installing this one." I've tried using my Control Panel to uninstall O.S, that doesn't work, and I can't get a link to the old version of O.S to uninstall from there.

why does everything hate me
Edited by RabbitFood on Mar 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM

I uploaded it 4 u http://www.mediafire.com/download/g75bzwfwb73lvye/OpenSauce_Halo1_CE.msi if lag's link is the one you say it doesn't work.
Edited by Danger_zone_98 on Mar 2, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Thanks for that. This might work.

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 10:50 PM    Msg. 70 of 908       

I've uninstalled/reinstalled CE 3 times, nuked the directory twice during those reinstalls, patched to 1.10, and the launcher still says, "Please uninstall the previous version of O.S before installing this one." I've tried using my Control Panel to uninstall O.S, that doesn't work, and I can't get a link to the old version of O.S to uninstall from there.

why does everything hate me
Edited by RabbitFood on Mar 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM

I couldn't get 3.1 removed, I nuked folders, control panel removal etc., until I found the right keywords to find the download for that version of it. I opened the MSI file and chose the remove option. If you can't find a download online, see if the msi file is still somewhere on your computer.

oshi didnt notice someone posted a download already
Edited by Invader Veex on Mar 2, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 10:51 PM    Msg. 71 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: TailsTheGamer
Also were the ODST supposed to be battling each other on NOBLE difficulty?

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 10:55 PM    Msg. 72 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Also were the ODST supposed to be battling each other on NOBLE difficulty?

http://i.imgur.com/vwYVwf2.png

oh ok I guess lol, didn't see that.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:01 PM    Msg. 73 of 908       
Mistery?

Oh and a very heartfelt congratulations from me. As I've said before, I'll say it again. Your dedication and delivery is amazing and will never go without a single instance of ungratitude.
I can't even begin to imagine what development must have been like.
Thanks, and congrats. You guys definitely earned it.
CMT: Evolved after party?

teh lag

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:02 PM    Msg. 74 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Mistery?

Oh and a very heartfelt congratulations from me. As I've said before, I'll say it again. Your dedication and delivery is amazing and will never go without a single instance of ungratitude.
I can't even begin to imagine what development must have been like.
Thanks, and congrats. You guys definitely earned it.
CMT: Evolved after party?

mistery......

RabbitFood

tripping a path through an internship

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:07 PM    Msg. 75 of 908       
Oh my god when did this game become AWESOME?

MatthewDratt

Meet Bullet & I. Halo: OD in Chicago 8/2-8/4

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:18 PM    Msg. 76 of 908       
I've uninstalled/reinstalled CE 3 times

CE...3?

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:33 PM    Msg. 77 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
WOW THE LIGHTNING SO AMAZING

http://oi62.tinypic.com/23w9p1j.jpg

Oh, I see now. So those are the god rays you guys were talking about.

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:34 PM    Msg. 78 of 908       
First Easter Egg found! (SPOILERS)

NOTE: The image will not spoil the EXACT location, just the Easter Egg itself is being shown and that's it.

http://i.imgur.com/FbAqPPO.png
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Mar 2, 2015 at 11:36 PM

austen1000

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:39 PM    Msg. 79 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
After playing on normal with Pistol and BR combo, I immediately walked into the cave to the left. After killing some grunts/jackles, there are some purple pods right against a drop-off to a pool on the right. Jumping down here does not trigger death and it's impossible to get back up, furthermore, a checkpoint triggers there too because it's "safe". Falling down here means having to restart, there should be a death floor.

If I'm not clear I'll upload a vid.

I encountered this as well, though I was fortunate not to have a checkpoint trigger in there.

Otherwise, great release so far. Thank you.
Edited by austen1000 on Mar 2, 2015 at 11:42 PM

The_Purrminator

(SBB) Michelle

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:43 PM    Msg. 80 of 908       
Never have I EVER felt so satisfied walking out of a structure to be picked up.

In fact I felt so satisfied that the gold sword elite killed me because I turned off the bridge on my way out.

I have found many things, including how to get on top of the map.

Now I had an issue with OS, the f7 menu didn't work and still doesn't. HELP
Had to play the whole thing on 70fov

boogerlad

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:46 PM    Msg. 81 of 908       
Congrats team! Sorry I couldn't help out the final bugtesting but I've been stranded in the hospital for a while. Does someone mind hosting the readme and any other reading material(pdf) on not mediafire? It's blocked here.

MatthewDratt

Meet Bullet & I. Halo: OD in Chicago 8/2-8/4

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:57 PM    Msg. 82 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maiku3
Never have I EVER felt so satisfied walking out of a structure to be picked up.

In fact I felt so satisfied that the gold sword elite killed me because I turned off the bridge on my way out.

I have found many things, including how to get on top of the map.

Now I had an issue with OS, the f7 menu didn't work and still doesn't. HELP
Had to play the whole thing on 70fov

You can edit your FOV under my documents/my games/halo ce/open sauce/os_settings.user

just open it in notepad

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:58 PM    Msg. 83 of 908       
Just finished playing, overall a good level. I'm thoroughly impressed with it overall, it really does feel like a new level in a sense, and most of the encounters were pretty enjoyable. Everything past the first hunters encounter I felt was really great, and disabling the door from the one control center overlooking the bridge was beautiful. The final cartographer area was gorgeous too as you activated each generator.

My main major complaints about the level would be that I found the hunters pretty difficult on normal difficulty - this might be due to the fact that they have less exposed armor (with this said I thought the elevator area with them where they could get on and off on each level was brilliant, kudos). My other complaint would be that some areas of the island felt a big congested when driving around - essentially there was alot of covy just waiting around, and not a lot of breather room. As I was driving around the first time to try and find the cartographer entrance, I eventually became so battle scared that my hog blew up and had to walk on foot alone for a while; and even then there was still many more encounters (large ones too) that I had to push through to get what felt like was back on track.

I also felt like I was constantly running out of ammo for all my weapons and health, although this might be attributed to my playstyle rather than actual distribution of guns or anything, was always able to find new weapons consistently.

The environments were all quite nice and I was pleasantly surprised at all the new Forerunner geometry created throughout the level. The final interior section was by far my favorite, just beating the unlocking of the security doors area with the nice haze and overview of the bridge and ocean in the distance. The sky was amazing, congrats to Con and good job on that. My only complaint would be that the underwater area could have used some caustics, eg like the ones used in Aquarii. Would have made for a nice scene. Another small tidbit was that the beach really didnt extend out far enough before dropping off, almost fell off into the void a few times while driving the hog and trying to avoid enemies.

The level design was pretty nice and I liked that I actually kinda got lost in some areas, making the level feel pretty damn big. The caves in the middle of the island were pretty great, and how they worked while driving was pretty nicely done. It seemed as if all the areas were generally planned out, had a head to each encounter, and presented many ways to tackle each. Overall, all of them were great, and I'm glad to see it.

In general this level was very well done and one of the best looking maps out there currently. You guys should be proud!

The_Purrminator

(SBB) Michelle

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 12:32 AM    Msg. 84 of 908       
Since everyone is sharing stuff. Here are some screenshots I made when playing the map.

http://imgur.com/a/05x1f

It includes me going on top of a place after completing the mission.

These were before I fixed my fov.
Edited by Maiku3 on Mar 3, 2015 at 12:34 AM

Xx1Talon1xX

Mexicans, Mexicans Everywhere!

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 12:33 AM    Msg. 85 of 908       
When I was in the under ground area "around the hunters" my sniper scope hud was glitching out texture wise, like a texture that was like a model spasm

Plus I must say, congratulations for this amazing release! And thank you very much!
I'm sad that you guys are leaving after its all said and done but I'm happy to see this finally a reality!

Edited by Xx1Talon1xX on Mar 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM

The_Purrminator

(SBB) Michelle

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 12:36 AM    Msg. 86 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xx1Talon1xX
When I was in the under ground area "around the hunters" my sniper scope hud was glitching out texture wise, like a texture that was like a model spasm

That is probably because of the map size.

The further you get away the more the decimal point will move so the rendering of the models will be less accurate.

Little visualization:

Edited by Maiku3 on Mar 3, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 12:37 AM    Msg. 87 of 908       
Just played through it, and I'm happy to say that the level definitely lived up to the hype. The DLM's made the interior areas look absolutely gorgeous, even with the lackluster vanilla-esque forerunner textures. The gameplay on heroic was great, and there were quite a few memorable encounters. Even the encounters that seemed unfair at first could be resolved with a little ingenuity and resourcefulness thanks to the all the resources and extra routes and passages that littered every encounter. My favorite by far was the cartographer room encounter, as it felt like something ripped straight out the Halo 2 era Bungie's playbook. The first hunter encounter was a close second, as I was very unprepared for them and took the side ramp up to the second level in a desperate attempt to escape them. When I heard the gravity left begin to ferry the hunters back up to the second floor, I found myself shouting some colorful profanity to myself in shock and dismay.

I honestly have very few complaints about this level. I absolutely loved it. Congratulations to the Evolved Team.

It's so nice to finally have an official CMT release after all this time. I've been waiting for a completed project from the team since '07, and now my dormant inner ten year old cmt fanboy is going absolutely nuts.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 12:49 AM    Msg. 88 of 908       
Why does the assault rifle's display say "BR" to the left of the ammo count?

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 12:50 AM    Msg. 89 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2mfivx4.jpg

BR: Butt Rocket

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 01:04 AM    Msg. 90 of 908       
*Image*

Brazil, obviously. c:

dustyb216

Say hello to My Little Pony! :3

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 01:08 AM    Msg. 91 of 908       
Have anyone encountered this?

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 01:16 AM    Msg. 92 of 908       
Make sure you have Halo: Custom Edition update 1.10 installed.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6798
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Mar 3, 2015 at 01:16 AM

dustyb216

Say hello to My Little Pony! :3

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 01:18 AM    Msg. 93 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: 1bobsam1

Make sure you have Halo: Custom Edition update 1.10 installed.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6798
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Mar 3, 2015 at 01:16 AM

I've been playing with V.1.10 since the day it's released.

UGoBoom

=CE=UGoBoom

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 01:22 AM    Msg. 94 of 908       
Just finished a normal difficulty playthrough. 10/10 guys, it felt like I was playing a new bungie map. No complaints I can think of. Congrats on a leak-less dev cycle and actually finishing a project! (not being sarcastic)
Heres the reddit thread on the mod release, vote this up! http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2xr0gz/the_silent_cartographer_evolved_has_released_halo/

Oh god guys! Why did you guys do this! It's so scary!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFjevSIzNTE
Edited by TailsTheGamer on Mar 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Jesus Christ that was terrifying for 1am
Edited by UGoBoom on Mar 3, 2015 at 01:25 AM

BobtheGreatII

Meh

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 01:31 AM    Msg. 95 of 908       
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2mfivx4.jpg

"Brightness"
Edited by BobtheGreatII on Mar 3, 2015 at 01:32 AM

TailsTheGamer

Meow

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 01:33 AM    Msg. 96 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maiku3

Since everyone is sharing stuff. Here are some screenshots I made when playing the map.

http://imgur.com/a/05x1f

It includes me going on top of a place after completing the mission.

These were before I fixed my fov.
Edited by Maiku3 on Mar 3, 2015 at 12:34 AM

"93" confirmed bottomless clip and or infinite ammo.
---
Noble difficulty was extremely enjoyable. I defeated it.
Edited by TailsTheGamer on Mar 3, 2015 at 01:33 AM

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 02:23 AM    Msg. 97 of 908       

the look on my face when i was fighting the gold elite. i was backpedaling away and he ran to the control panel and turned off the lightbridge while i was standing on it
Edited by killzone64 on Mar 3, 2015 at 02:23 AM

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 02:26 AM    Msg. 98 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

http://info.autoworksmn.com/Portals/94047/images/dumbfounded-resized-600.jpg

the look on my face when i was fighting the gold elite. i was backpedaling away and he ran to the control panel and turned off the lightbridge while i was standing on it
Edited by killzone64 on Mar 3, 2015 at 02:23 AM

lol, remember when you were wee and you always thought merde like that would happen, before you figured out what 'limitations' were?

I am so excited merde like that happens now.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:24 AM    Msg. 99 of 908       
I stuck that gold elite by bouncing a plasma grenade all the way across the light bridge. Haha, fantastic map, a true legacy to leave behind. Thank you guys.

SGT Arroyo

golden

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:41 AM    Msg. 100 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
You guys forgot about this easter egg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/130300261-4.jpg

But anyways, congratulations guys. I hope my old laptop could handle this without collapsing lol.
I fapped to this!!!!

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:46 AM    Msg. 101 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
The map crashed on me after I killed a brute chieftain with a fuel rod. :(

Crash report.

I crashed when i killed the gold Hunter that followed me up the ramp (in the control room) by taking the elevator. As soon as he died, the game exceptioned.

What FPS do people get? My laptop averages around 30 - 40 fps during the first encounters. My desktop is around 40 - 50.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 03:54 AM    Msg. 102 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

Here's a release trailer!

http://i.imgur.com/eIM8lm8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FGC3qK6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ahswzei.jpg

(Here are more pictures!)
(Here are even more!)

---------

From the readme...

The Silent Cartographer: Evolved (TSC:E) is a ground-up re-imagining of the Halo: Combat Evolved map of the same name. The map comes with an all-new layout, a vast array of custom content, a reconstructed weapon set emphasizing improvisation and variety in tactics, and plenty of hidden secrets to discover. It is the final Halo CE project for many of CMT's members - a labor of love and hate spanning almost three years of development.

TSC:E makes use of Open Sauce, a community-made game extension that enables many new features, from upgraded visuals to new gameplay mechanics. Open Sauce is required to play TSC:E -- the map can't exist without it. At the time of writing, OpenSauce's public releases are available here: https://bitbucket.org/KornnerStudios/opensauce-release/downloads. The map requires Open Sauce version 4.0 (or newer).

Open Sauce 4.0 requires a properly-installed copy of Halo Custom Edition, updated to 1.10. See the installation guide if you don't know how to get these.

This map comes with a user manual providing information on difficulty and weapon usage (among other things). Evolved treats difficulty and many weapons differently from some other Halo games - which may be disorienting to new players - so be sure to read the manual!

---------

Issues encountered while playing the map may be reported in this thread.

The map does have a few rare (but known) issues, which will be addressed if possible in a maintenance release shortly after the initial launch. If you are reporting a crash, be sure to include your crash dump (if you have one). If the game crashes with Open Sauce installed, you can find the crash dump on your computer in My Games\Halo CE\OpenSauce\Reports\CrashRpt.

If you are encountering an Open Sauce-specific issue, please direct your reports to the issue tracker at https://bitbucket.org/KornnerStudios/opensauce-release.

---------

A short time after release (likely within the next month), there will be a public release of all source files for the map that we can reasonably organize and distribute. Until then, we urge you to use caution if you choose to extract tags from the map. Open Sauce and the HEK+ do not get along well, the HEK+ is known for corrupting tags in general, and there are many aspects to the Evolved tagset that have the potential to cause serious problems with other tagsets if you don't know exactly what you're doing. (We also encourage you to have a heart and give the map at least a little time to shine before you make CMt Evolved Reach_gultch). More details are provided in readme_for_ripping.txt.

---------

Map (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire.com/download/fayuryodm59ax5e/cmt_b30_evolved_release_1.0.7z
Map (Halomaps): [coming soon]
Open Sauce 4.0: https://bitbucket.org/KornnerStudios/opensauce-release/downloads/OpenSauce_Halo1_CE_20150302.msi
Edited by teh lag on Mar 2, 2015 at 10:39 PM
nice to see your hard work even i gotta say this is good even better then good this is the beenees
.what will you do now? more sp halo 1 maps? or is this the and.

and im putting on youtube woho
Edited by DOOM899 on Mar 3, 2015 at 03:54 AM

Mokou Price

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 04:08 AM    Msg. 103 of 908       
Why no zoom for pistol?

Page 3 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 26 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 18, 2019 12:23 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website