A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

Page 22 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 19 · 20 · 21 · [22] · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond (908 messages, Page 22 of 26)
Moderators: Dennis

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 12:55 PM    Msg. 733 of 908       
Extract them with Eschaton. That's what I did when I needed to recompile them while I was porting some stuff.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 02:47 PM    Msg. 734 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Extract them with Eschaton. That's what I did when I needed to recompile them while I was porting some stuff.

I'll have to check it out.

coralios

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 08:38 PM    Msg. 735 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ifafudafi
Quote: --- Original message by: Moki
(Seeing as Noble is supposed to be more difficult than Legendary.)

is it?

I thought Noble WAS legendary they were the same difficulty type. How do I start the game on Noble?

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 09:16 PM    Msg. 736 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: coralios
Quote: --- Original message by: Moki
(Seeing as Noble is supposed to be more difficult than Legendary.)

is it?

I thought Noble WAS legendary they were the same difficulty type. How do I start the game on Noble?

Use the Universal UI to play the map or use the command "game_difficulty_set easy"

The_Purrminator

(SBB) Michelle

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 11:34 PM    Msg. 737 of 908       
I have a question. Why didn't you guys use the uncompressed set of brute shot animations which do look good and aren't broken instead of the broken ones?

I mean, didn't you guys realize you had them in your set?

teh lag

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 11:41 PM    Msg. 738 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: The_Purrminator
I have a question. Why didn't you guys use the uncompressed set of brute shot animations which do look good and aren't broken instead of the broken ones?

we used the compressed version because we needed the tagspace savings from using compressed animations.

raphaelBLOOD WAR

I wipe your maps with your own blood!

Posted: May 1, 2015 01:14 PM    Msg. 739 of 908       
anyone found that golden pistol yet?

The_Purrminator

(SBB) Michelle

Posted: May 1, 2015 06:52 PM    Msg. 740 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag

we used the compressed version because we needed the tagspace savings from using compressed animations.

Doesn't look like it saves tagspace:

Also why do the weapon compasses say west when they are pointing east and vice versa?

teh lag

Posted: May 1, 2015 07:28 PM    Msg. 741 of 908       
Doesn't look like it saves tagspace:
http://puu.sh/hy1Gx/75540ff6c6.png
Also why do the weapon compasses say west when they are pointing east and vice versa?

The file size is larger because, prior to compilation, the uncompressed data is retained in the animation tags. The uncompressed animation data is stripped out when the map is compiled. The difference on the Brute Shot is about 0.03M, which doesn't sound like much, but it adds up over enough weapons. We needed all the space we could get -- the map barely builds with 0.01M free above its largest BSP.

The compasses say "west" when because you are facing west when the arrow (north) is to your right.
Edited by teh lag on May 1, 2015 at 07:29 PM

Ifafudafi

Posted: May 3, 2015 05:53 PM    Msg. 742 of 908       
hello halo friends!

I've just published quite a few old internal videos from TSC:E's development, which you can browse here. hopefully you will find them interesting! I think teh lag also has a few others on his channel if you're curious

BobtheGreatII

Meh

Posted: May 3, 2015 08:04 PM    Msg. 743 of 908       
hello halo friends!

I've just published quite a few old internal videos from TSC:E's development, which you can browse here. hopefully you will find them interesting! I think teh lag also has a few others on his channel if you're curious

I did a similar thing. Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN3yhzSLHDob28QJ6ewsGlcDT1sJjGT_C

Nickster5000

Posted: May 3, 2015 08:50 PM    Msg. 744 of 908       
Out of curiosity for the evolved team:

What exporter did you use to export everything?

Thank you in advance for your response!!!
Edited by Nickster5000 on May 3, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Perla117

The Last Italian On This Forum

Posted: May 4, 2015 06:26 AM    Msg. 745 of 908       
I do not understand this..

You will need a functional tagset extracted from the stock game and all of its singleplayer maps

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 4, 2015 08:22 AM    Msg. 746 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Holy crap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcXIfG0zV-8&index=15&list=PLLG66Ap26Vr63tXMPOyux5AYB7lKhPyYE&hd=1
Edited by Zetren on May 3, 2015 at 07:38 PM

We need a squad to figure this out immediately.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 4, 2015 08:23 AM    Msg. 747 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Holy crap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcXIfG0zV-8&index=15&list=PLLG66Ap26Vr63tXMPOyux5AYB7lKhPyYE&hd=1

Looks like a pre-recorded animation script.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: May 4, 2015 07:14 PM    Msg. 748 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker

No one is asking how they put it in game, he is asking how to activate it on the map.
Quote: From Youtube description:
this is still in the final map, but nobody seems to have found out how to make it happen... and since the dubstep rifle is now found elsewhere in the map, what could the pelican be dropping instead? I hope you guys manage to find out soon

teh lag

Posted: May 4, 2015 07:34 PM    Msg. 749 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

Out of curiosity for the evolved team:

What exporter did you use to export everything?

Thank you in advance for your response!!!
Edited by Nickster5000 on May 3, 2015 at 11:40 PM

(Just answered this in PM but I'll also share it here for everyone else)

-----

I personally used 3ds max 8 for most of development. The others used 2010, 2012 and above, and I eventually switched to 2010 as well after I found a configuration for it that I was happy with.

For most of my Max 8 work, I used Blitzkrieg unless I was working with rigged objects.

For rigged objects in Max 8 (and particularly bipeds), I used a lightly customized version of CtrlAltDestroy's updated Bluestreak exporter:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5196

The modifications in question were to make it correctly ignore the "Bip01" root node for bipeds, since Blitzkrieg ignores that node and Bluestreak (even in the version above) doesn't. We supplemented these modifications with a manual process to fix the child / sibling indices for Bip01 nodes -- since Bluestreak doesn't sort them in a manner compatible with whatever it is that Blitzkrieg does. (It's probably something simple like case-sensitivity but I never bothered to figure out what was actually going on). Any time we exported bipeds with Bluestreak, we also exported their node structure using Blitzkrieg and then ran a batch script to replace the Bluestreak .jms files' child / sibling node indices with those from the Blitzkrieg .jms file. This allowed us to keep the files compatible with other models / animations / etc that had already been exported with Blitzkrieg.

For Max 2010+, we used CAD's Bluestreak upgrade unless we were working with BSPs.

For BSPs in Max 2010+, we used BobbySoon's JMS exporter:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6106
Though it was not as stable as Bluestreak when handling regions, it caused a very significant speedup in export time when working with large BSP files -- particularly when exporting the same file multiple times in the same session.

We paired with with BobbySoon's WRL importer:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6086
(This importer will tag the WRL objects with the error type they came from -- very very useful!)

When exporting animations in Max 2010+, we used the "compact" version of CAD's animation exporter:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3627
(The non-compact version wasn't compatible with Max 2010+)

-----

However, as of this past September, user Sprinkle has publicly released a proper 3DS plugin for 2011+ that handles both model and animation exporting:
https://github.com/sprinkle131313/junglegym

I've not experimented with it, but it appears to correctly handle the Bip01 root node, which is the major correctness issue with Bluestreak & friends. I don't know if it sorts biped child / sibling indices in a manner compatible with Blitzkrieg though. But it seems like it can remove a lot of the headache involved with juggling the various community maxscripts.
Edited by teh lag on May 4, 2015 at 07:35 PM

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: May 4, 2015 08:31 PM    Msg. 750 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

No one is asking how they put it in game, he is asking how to activate it on the map.
Quote: From Youtube description:
this is still in the final map, but nobody seems to have found out how to make it happen... and since the dubstep rifle is now found elsewhere in the map, what could the pelican be dropping instead? I hope you guys manage to find out soon

My bet's that it has something to do with the golden pistol challenge.

... Which is extremely hard.

S12Spark

Posted: May 4, 2015 10:48 PM    Msg. 751 of 908       
What is this golden pistol everyone is speaking about, I'd love to hear it.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: May 5, 2015 08:18 PM    Msg. 752 of 908       
it's a total dank specops meme that has yet to be discovered :)

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: May 6, 2015 01:45 AM    Msg. 753 of 908       
Alright, So I just beat the campaign on legendary using only the pistol (yeah, I can't believe it either).

I found the three Chief heads again (the ones that've been found thus far) and I pressed the hidden switch (the one found thus far).

So far I've found nothing particularly new though.

-I didn't use any vehicles
-I didn't switch to any other weapons except once, and I reverted to last checkpoint after doing so.
-I didn't complete the initial beach assault encounter.

I did:
-Use melee
-Use Grenades
-Use the auto save in the UI (but only AFTER beating it because I got tired of no save)
-Take the caves route from the very begging
-Press the hidden switch the first opportunity I got
-Shoot three Chief heads
-Run past certain encounters and ended up doing them later (while looking for new things)
-Hit the "deactivate security" switch a second time after beating and activating the cartographer

What am I missing/doing wrong???

Super Flanker

Posted: May 6, 2015 07:16 AM    Msg. 754 of 908       
No pics = no tricks.

You have to prove your worth. Only then shall you be able to remove the mighty pistol from its dark. Dark grave.

Super Flanker

Posted: May 6, 2015 10:57 AM    Msg. 755 of 908       
>Elite Majors
>Legendary
>No noob combo

LOL HOURS OF YOUR LIFE, WASTED.

Literally.

But he gainz skillage.

JohnW0731

Posted: May 6, 2015 11:03 AM    Msg. 756 of 908       
Hey guys, I'm getting an issue where I can't play any open sauce based maps.
On TSC:E, it looks like this after choosing a loadout:

It's either this, frozen, or the scenery is white.

Can anyone please help me get a solution?

Super Flanker

Posted: May 6, 2015 11:29 AM    Msg. 757 of 908       
John, Open Sauce currently only works on English Halo CE setups, if you're Mexican, install the English version then gtfo

It's always they polite and helpful that leave the most memorable impressions.

Ifafudafi

Posted: May 6, 2015 12:24 PM    Msg. 758 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX

from the level scripts...

Quote: ;; wait until player can see the magic, but nobody else can

(i'll do another run of the trial myself soon to make sure something didn't break in one of the patches. if it did and the trial has been rendered impossible somehow then i am truly sorry and will give you guys some sort of apology gift)
Edited by Ifafudafi on May 6, 2015 at 12:25 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: May 6, 2015 12:28 PM    Msg. 759 of 908       
gift)

Golden energy sword

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: May 6, 2015 01:48 PM    Msg. 760 of 908       
gift)

Golden energy sword

SpartanHex

Release the Kraken!

Posted: May 6, 2015 02:17 PM    Msg. 761 of 908       

from the level scripts...

Quote: ;; wait until player can see the magic, but nobody else can

(i'll do another run of the trial myself soon to make sure something didn't break in one of the patches. if it did and the trial has been rendered impossible somehow then i am truly sorry and will give you guys some sort of apology gift)

A Dmr on the other difficulty settings? Or maybe a golden forklift?

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: May 6, 2015 02:27 PM    Msg. 762 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: SpartanHex
golden forklift?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: May 6, 2015 04:13 PM    Msg. 763 of 908       
I Got It!

Truly I am the best at teh H4l0. Never before has my E-peen been this big.

I was going all throughout the map looking for every last enemy to kill when I happened across these two gentlemen swimming outside the elevator shaft window:

Figuring these were the ghost drivers I had coaxed into jumping into the abyss (because why would I waste precious ammo if I can make them "kill" themselves?!), I found out where this spot was from above ground and prayed I'd be able to kill them.

Luckily I was: http://i.imgur.com/bBRV95L.jpg

Then: http://i.imgur.com/N1nnymj.jpg

and

and

Details: It's called the "Halo 1 Pistol" (I wasn't far off before). It carries 120 rounds, has a scope, perfect accuracy, and I wasn't able to test the damage because I had already killed all the enemies on the map. However, it took 9 headshots to kill an ODST.

Now, (ironically) the golden shredder's the only weapon left to find, and we all know it's probably in a tree somewhere.

http://imgur.com/a/b27s7

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: May 6, 2015 04:25 PM    Msg. 764 of 908       
I Got It!

Truly I am the best at teh H4l0. Never before has my E-peen been this big.

I was going all throughout the map looking for every last enemy to kill when I happened across these two gentlemen swimming outside the elevator shaft window:

http://i.imgur.com/7ESjCPc.jpg

Figuring these were the ghost drivers I had coaxed into jumping into the abyss (because why would I waste precious ammo if I can make them "kill" themselves?!), I found out where this spot was from above ground and prayed I'd be able to kill them.

Damn, I knew someone would end up seeing the "floating enemy" glitch. They fall down into the pit that represents the water hall chasm in the hog run bsp (where you ran them off the edge) and land on the ocean "floor". However, the water hall in the shaft b bsp is lower than the representative pit in the upper bsp, so enemies appear to float above the ground.

There were vague plans to have a perfect (if simplified) model of the water hall exterior in the upper bsp, but I suppose then the elites might be alive and standing on top of the water hall (our scripts were totally out of space, so I doubt we had the room to kill anything that fell down there automatically). Just can't win. Still, I'm glad you made the connection between the elevator and the arch (surprise, it's that creepy dark hallway you walk through after the lightbridge in shaft a!).

Edited by slashrat on May 6, 2015 at 04:33 PM

Ifafudafi

Posted: May 6, 2015 04:39 PM    Msg. 765 of 908       
now that the scripts & scenario source are out and anybody with a mind to could easily find it, i think it's safe to say now that the gold shredder doesn't appear until you've discovered and are well on your way up the secret path to its location, to prevent humorless debug camera cheaters from seeing it

JohnW0731

Posted: May 7, 2015 07:23 PM    Msg. 766 of 908       
John, Open Sauce currently only works on English Halo CE setups, if you're Mexican, install the English version then gtfo

I have the English version installed and am not Mexican.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 7, 2015 07:25 PM    Msg. 767 of 908       
Noble on v1.3 now makes a *DONK* sound when a checkpoint is saved... Why u do dis Ceemtee?

Is it only Noble? We have a sound for checkpoints for SPV3 right now, mostly for testing but I don't think it was ever intended for Evolved and isn't planned for the final builds either.

Page 22 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 19 · 20 · 21 · [22] · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 13, 2018 2:07 PM 2,156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website