A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

Page 23 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · [23] · 24 · 25 · 26 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond (908 messages, Page 23 of 26)
Moderators: Dennis

JohnW0731

Posted: May 7, 2015 07:23 PM    Msg. 766 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
John, Open Sauce currently only works on English Halo CE setups, if you're Mexican, install the English version then gtfo

I have the English version installed and am not Mexican.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 7, 2015 07:25 PM    Msg. 767 of 908       
Noble on v1.3 now makes a *DONK* sound when a checkpoint is saved... Why u do dis Ceemtee?

Is it only Noble? We have a sound for checkpoints for SPV3 right now, mostly for testing but I don't think it was ever intended for Evolved and isn't planned for the final builds either.

midnightmodders

Posted: May 9, 2015 04:07 AM    Msg. 768 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: JohnW0731
Hey guys, I'm getting an issue where I can't play any open sauce based maps.
On TSC:E, it looks like this after choosing a loadout:
http://i.imgur.com/zVvBYFD.png

It's either this, frozen, or the scenery is white.

Can anyone please help me get a solution?

Same thing happens to me, no fix for it, if you have the problem well uninstalling won't help, 0 things will help, you got the problem your just out of luck, means you can't play. Sucks for me and you

Really wish there was a fix for it........... I really want to try it
Edited by midnightmodders on May 9, 2015 at 04:52 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 9, 2015 07:51 PM    Msg. 769 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: midnightmodders

Same thing happens to me, no fix for it, if you have the problem well uninstalling won't help, 0 things will help, you got the problem your just out of luck, means you can't play. Sucks for me and you

Even with doing an absolute fresh install of everything?

midnightmodders

Posted: May 9, 2015 08:32 PM    Msg. 770 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

I did a fresh install of Halo, OS, everything, the problem is impossible to get rid of, it used to work but now it stopped

JohnW0731

Posted: May 10, 2015 02:52 AM    Msg. 771 of 908       

I did a fresh install of Halo, OS, everything, the problem is impossible to get rid of, it used to work but now it stopped

I'm guessing we're missing some kind of support software like Directx or something. But I don't know which and think I have installed what is nessecary. Are you saying all of a sudden one day it stopped working for you?

midnightmodders

Posted: May 10, 2015 03:55 PM    Msg. 772 of 908       

I'm guessing we're missing some kind of support software like Directx or something. But I don't know which and think I have installed what is nessecary. Are you saying all of a sudden one day it stopped working for you?

More likely some new driver dun efffed it up. Role back to your previous nvidia driver and see what happens.

I can try that, but I'm not using a GPU atm, just have my CPU, I7 4790k. I will rollback that

IT WORKED
Edited by midnightmodders on May 10, 2015 at 04:27 PM

JohnW0731

Posted: May 10, 2015 06:00 PM    Msg. 773 of 908       
Of course you're using a GPU! If you didn't have a GPU windows wouldn't even start! I think what you mean is that your GPU is integrated, ie an Intel Mobile POS, in which case don't expect jack crap to work. Buy an Nvidia.

And don't rollback anything to do with the processor! Processor chipset drivers are handled by Windows and your BIOS, though I highly doubt a BIOS update would fk up Halo.

Open Sauce is only compatible with English/American Halo CE installations.

I am using an integrated Intel HD 5000, but it should work because my previous laptop ran the game fine with a HD 4000.

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: May 10, 2015 06:20 PM    Msg. 774 of 908       
Can yu guys release a mongoose?
Would be grateful

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: May 10, 2015 06:36 PM    Msg. 775 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
Can yu guys release a mongoose?
Would be grateful

its only in SPV3, and iirc, there is no true mongoose, just the gungoose. you would have to remove the gun out of the goose.

Ubermaniac

Posted: May 10, 2015 06:42 PM    Msg. 776 of 908       
I ust want one that works with the HUd. I suck at it myself, so i thought i should ask.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: May 11, 2015 06:10 PM    Msg. 777 of 908       
Of course you're using a GPU! If you didn't have a GPU windows wouldn't even start! I think what you mean is that your GPU is integrated, ie an Intel Mobile POS, in which case don't expect jack crap to work. Buy an Nvidia.

And don't rollback anything to do with the processor! Processor chipset drivers are handled by Windows and your BIOS, though I highly doubt a BIOS update would fk up Halo.

Wrong. I gave my computer to a friend and kept the gpu because I wanted him to use it for sound design only, and it worked fine on windows 7 and Vista.

Perla117

The Last Italian On This Forum

Posted: May 12, 2015 06:44 AM    Msg. 778 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33

Wrong. I gave my computer to a friend and kept the gpu because I wanted him to use it for sound design only, and it worked fine on windows 7 and Vista.

In which case the PC fell back on whatever integrated chip it had. Probably an Intel integrated chip.

Hey zetren do you remember lala and SAM ? ahhaha

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: May 16, 2015 03:09 AM    Msg. 779 of 908       
Why

e: nvm, pretty easily reproducible bug. Just take the OP Nade BR and shoot at a crate. Results
Edited by EtchyaSketch on May 16, 2015 at 03:43 AM

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: May 16, 2015 10:17 AM    Msg. 780 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

Why

e: nvm, pretty easily reproducible bug. Just take the OP Nade BR and shoot at a crate. Results
Edited by EtchyaSketch on May 16, 2015 at 03:43 AM

Hah wow, that's something special

teh lag

Posted: May 16, 2015 03:42 PM    Msg. 781 of 908       
The Evolved team's final tag release draws closer. To whet appetites, I'm releasing the test map that appears in this video from last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMDhDHYxbZQ

Quote:
Just a quick cute test map for the player bonus tag release. Demonstrates the Evolved armor-ability system.

Spawn test AI with "ai_place enc".

Even in a map like this, there are still a few last secrets hiding...

The map is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/epmwekdsx18mmpg/cmt_evolved_player_bonus_test.7z

The tags and some other things in the Evolved team's final release will hopefully be out this weekend.

S12Spark

Posted: May 16, 2015 03:49 PM    Msg. 782 of 908       
Wow that looks amazing, can't wait for the release to play around with things and figure out how you did it ;).

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: May 16, 2015 04:38 PM    Msg. 783 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: teh lag
The Evolved team's final tag release draws closer. To whet appetites, I'm releasing the test map that appears in this video from last week:

Quote:
Just a quick cute test map for the player bonus tag release. Demonstrates the Evolved armor-ability system.

The map is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/epmwekdsx18mmpg/cmt_evolved_player_bonus_test.7z

The tags and some other things in the Evolved team's final release will hopefully be out this weekend.

it's these kinds of decisions that the team makes that i really appreciate. i've had a strange desire to try this testmap out. thanks for choosing to release a build of it

EDIT: i found the egg, or at least i assume that's what it was

once you beat the mission on easy/noble, you activate the device at the covenant comm node which will bring you to an endgame screen giving out the location of the gold shredder, which is apparently "on the bridge above the brute totem" or something like that. was this it? was this the final egg in the testmap, or is there more?
Edited by Bungie LLC on May 16, 2015 at 05:35 PM

teh lag

Posted: May 16, 2015 06:00 PM    Msg. 784 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

There's a small something hidden somewhere else but it's nothing too exciting. Glad to see that someone thought to play this on noble :)
Edited by teh lag on May 16, 2015 at 06:04 PM

Mokou Price

Posted: May 16, 2015 07:27 PM    Msg. 785 of 908       

Quote:

How to use the health regeneration? I don't know how to use it.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: May 16, 2015 07:58 PM    Msg. 786 of 908       

There's a small something hidden somewhere else but it's nothing too exciting. Glad to see that someone thought to play this on noble :)

I just found two little things, but I suppose one of them always happens when you beat the encounter.

teh lag

Posted: May 16, 2015 08:04 PM    Msg. 787 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mokou Price
How to use the health regeneration? I don't know how to use it.

It will automatically restore your health up to the next ~2 health blocks if you avoid taking damage for 10 seconds.

Bungie LLC

Posted: May 16, 2015 08:05 PM    Msg. 788 of 908       

honestly it was the first thing that came to mind when i was ready to start looking after playing through it a few times on normal. i usually choose not to bother with the whole "easter egg hunting" dynamic, but i figured i'd take a shot this one time
Edited by Bungie LLC on May 16, 2015 at 08:06 PM

unknown

Posted: May 16, 2015 10:06 PM    Msg. 789 of 908       
I found a little way into another room on the test map, but after picking up some weapons, it gave me an exception. also found the little halo 5 thing...
Edited by unknown on May 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM

teh lag

Posted: May 17, 2015 02:51 PM    Msg. 790 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: unknown

I found a little way into another room on the test map, but after picking up some weapons, it gave me an exception. also found the little halo 5 thing...
Edited by unknown on May 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Yeah -- the guns back there are actually the objects used for the backpack weapon system. You probably don't want to go picking them up.

---

Anyhow, it's here now. It's our final source release.

Quote:
Title : CMT Evolved Armor Abilities / Player Bonus
Release Date : 05-16-2015
Author : CMT
Description : CMT Evolved's player bonus tag release

-------------------

i. Information
ii. Quick guide
iii. Credits

-------------------

i. Information

This is it: the final release from CMT's Evolved team.

This includes an assortment of bonus tags, scripts and data files for player behavior things that never quite made it into TSC:E. These tags require that you have both the "core" and "scenario" tag / script releases. There's also a quick cute test map for the tags.

Most notable is a scripted armor ability system -- actually a suite of systems -- which includes these armor abilities by default:
1) Shield Booster -- limited-use powerup that lets you recharge your shields on demand. Depletes after two full charges.
2) Portable EMP -- limited-use powerup that, after a short charge-up, kills shields on nearby objects (but also kills your shields). Depletes after three uses.
3) Health Regen -- passive powerup that gives you limited health regeneration, like in Reach. Allows use of your default ability (like flashlight or VISR) while equipped.
4) Health pack -- single-use powerup that instantly refills your health on demand.
5) Active Camo -- limited-use powerup that gives you camo on demand. Running increases the chance that enemies will spot you; crouch-walking makes you fully invisible (unless you're right next to someone).

The CMT Evolved team implemented an armor ability system for TSC:E, but it was cut from the map a few months before release. This is a cleaned-up version of that system. We didn't think that keeping these in TSC:E was worth the associated resource costs. Also it's not very good that this system was implemented with scripts -- it should have been handled by an Open Sauce extension. (That's a big part of why we cut them, in fact). But, maybe one of you out there will find this interesting or useful...

This also includes an experimental system to notify the player of nearby health packs when their health is low.

Additionally, there are a few fixes for script components in the prior scenario release.

-------------------

ii. Quick guide for lazy people who want to just stick the tags in a map

If you just want to get things running in *a* map, we've provided a test scenario that you can compile. It is located at tags\cmt\scenarios\player_bonus_test\player_bonus_test.scenario. Build it with OS_Tool.exe and you can start messing around. Spawn test AI with "ai_place enc" if you want to see how things perform in combat.

There's a readme in both the \tags\ and \scripts\ directories which explain some of their contents. They'll help you navigate the release contents.

There's unfortunately not much else that's "quick" about this stuff. Take a look at the scripts and the documentation therein, and hopefully things will make sense to you.

The "pb_test_cmt_features" script component in \src\scenarios\player_bonus_test\cmt_features\ is where the armor-ability (and other systems) are linked together with the scenario. Follow stuff from there and you'll eventually find where the magic happens.

NOTE! NOTE! NOTE!

These tags and scripts were cut from TSC:E for a reason. The map may not be able to compile under all of its resource limits with them added; it will likely take a lot of effort to make them work correctly in TSC:E. You have been warned. Good luck.

-------------------

iii. Credits

(Rather than clutter this up with everyone's name, just see credits.txt)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xa293ohprse747d/cmt_evolved_source_release_player_bonus.7z

Until next time, everyone.
Edited by teh lag on May 17, 2015 at 04:03 PM

S12Spark

Posted: May 17, 2015 03:29 PM    Msg. 791 of 908       
Thank you so much everyone for your work and contributions, I know releasing your work will have some people slap it into bloodgulch and whatnot, but there are people who can actually use it and learn from it. I appreciate it greatly, I'm off to study this.

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: May 17, 2015 03:47 PM    Msg. 792 of 908       
To celebrate our final source release I have made some of my old development youtube videos public, as some of the other team members have done.

The playlist can be viewed here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqapS824EgKRKKMo5Lj6lw01oC8tz6Etu

Hopefully the videos are interesting both from a development perspective and because in some you get to listen to me babble about gameplay elements and lighting minutia.

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: May 17, 2015 06:33 PM    Msg. 793 of 908       
I like to spawn a group of ai and watch them fight the slender brutes (so I don't have to!)
Also, I find it cool how the elite and grunts turn into keyes all of a sudden (damn, they're annoying!). Overall, the test map is a fun way to pass the time.

WWLinkMasterX

subliminal message.

Posted: May 17, 2015 07:56 PM    Msg. 794 of 908       
So the blood on the walls was a hint the whole time...

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: May 17, 2015 08:33 PM    Msg. 795 of 908       
Its sad to see you guys go, you guys have done so much that you didn't have to do, especially with the current state of this community. This map has inspired me that more is possible in Halo CE then I really thought. I can't wait to mess around with these tags and learn from them. I can't wait to see what ventures you all go through next, CE or not.

Nickster5000

Posted: May 17, 2015 10:58 PM    Msg. 796 of 908       
I'm extremely appreciative in everything you guys have released, and I thank you guys so much for your effort!

I was looking through the newest source release, and stumbled upon new script-type files, names, etc. which popped the question "What are these guys using, and how are they doing this with CE?"

I found the file that briefly describes what each folder is intended to do in regards to the AA, and it describes that it uses Python and other compilers, extensions and tools to do the compilation of the scripts, which raised further questions.

What exactly is going on with all of these different file types, and how is it all mechanically operating? I understand that you guys are busy, overwhelmed and completely over Halo CE, but I would appreciate any sort of answer. Thank you in advance, and thank you again for all of your releases!!

Ifafudafi

Posted: May 17, 2015 11:17 PM    Msg. 797 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
What exactly is going on with all of these different file types, and how is it all mechanically operating? I understand that you guys are busy, overwhelmed and completely over Halo CE, but I would appreciate any sort of answer. Thank you in advance, and thank you again for all of your releases!!

this bonus release adds onto the existing core tags release & scenario tags/scripts release, so make sure you get those before trying anything.

you will also need kornman00's Haloscript preprocessor (HSPP), which is avaiable on halomaps. (the scenario release readme also contains a download link.)

once you have those, you should look for the tutorial folder in the scenario release's scripts\doc folder; part of it is going over general haloscript things (you might find something you didn't know in there!), but a big part of it is also detailing the system we're using to organize and process the source files

this is a huge simplification, but in essence, we split the scripts into a number of independent "components," each containing a main .hs file and then three .hsh header files. a system of preprocessor macros then processes these files into the huge .hsc mountains that are compiled into sapien. some python scripts also do some trimming and basic static analysis to keep filesize down and make sure the preprocessing went smoothly.

the .bat scripts ^handle all of this stuff. if the source .hs/h files are written correctly and your filesystem is organized correctly, then all you should have to do is run the appropriate .bat file for the scenario, and it'll take care of the rest.

you really should read all the documentation in both the scenario release and this bonus release if you're planning on working with the scripts. it seems like a lot at first, but that's what it takes to make something of this scale and quality! and it's much easier than trying to work through ugly processed X-thousand line .hsc garbage

Nickster5000

Posted: May 17, 2015 11:20 PM    Msg. 798 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ifafudafi
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

this bonus release adds onto the existing core tags release & scenario tags/scripts release, so make sure you get those before trying anything.

you will also need kornman00's Haloscript preprocessor (HSPP), which is avaiable on halomaps. (the scenario release readme also contains a download link.)

once you have those, you should look for the tutorial folder in the scenario release's scripts\doc folder; part of it is going over general haloscript things (you might find something you didn't know in there!), but a big part of it is also detailing the system we're using to organize and process the source files

this is a huge simplification, but in essence, we split the scripts into a number of independent "components," each containing a main .hs file and then three .hsh header files. a system of preprocessor macros then processes these files into the huge .hsc mountains that are compiled into sapien. some python scripts also do some trimming and basic static analysis to keep filesize down and make sure the preprocessing went smoothly.

the .bat scripts ^handle all of this stuff. if the source .hs/h files are written correctly and your filesystem is organized correctly, then all you should have to do is run the appropriate .bat file for the scenario, and it'll take care of the rest.

you really should read all the documentation in both the scenario release and this bonus release if you're planning on working with the scripts. it seems like a lot at first, but that's what it takes to make something of this scale and quality! and it's much easier than trying to work through ugly processed X-thousand line .hsc garbage

Thank you for the pointers. I can see the payoff and advantages to using this system. Definitely going to dig in and learn this stuff! Thank you again for your quick response! :D

Just skimmed through the tutorial, and now this all makes sense. I didn't even know some of these things were possible! You guys rock :D
Edited by Nickster5000 on May 18, 2015 at 01:14 AM

HOLY BOZONGAS!!!

I played the test map on noble the other day, got stuck at a point, but eventually got through it and finished it. Needless to say it was fun entertainment to distract me from an essay :P

Decided to run through on a different difficulty today, and played it again. After that, I wanted to give the noble difficulty a shot again, when...

I LOADED TO THE SAME POINT I WAS STUCK AT A FEW DAYS AGO!!!!

As far as I am concerned, once you load an SP map over another saved progress map (even if it's the same level), it totally overwrites the last save...

but in this case, it saved my progress...

Made an Excellent note of this feature, and will definitely dig in and investigate this further. Did anyone notice the same thing????
Edited by Nickster5000 on May 18, 2015 at 06:30 PM

Bungie LLC

Posted: May 18, 2015 07:53 PM    Msg. 799 of 908       
I have one last question, and I'm not sure whether to ask in here or the SPv3 thread.

I was wondering if anyone on the team still has a collection, or any remainder of the source tag files from the T&R 2012 promotional release. If so, there's one asset in particular that I'd love to have, which is the CMT classic-styled "specops" suppressed sniper rifle from that build and it's tag-based dependencies. I know that some of that weapon's sound files (specifically the firing effect) are still left over in these TSC:E source releases, but I haven't found any other assets relating to the weapon itself.

I COULD use the hek+ to get some of the tags, but I would prefer to avoid this as best as I can. I have no trust in the currently offered public tag extractors.
Edited by Bungie LLC on May 18, 2015 at 07:56 PM

Ubermaniac

Posted: May 23, 2015 08:54 PM    Msg. 800 of 908       
lag, which pack has the .3ds files for the weapons and vehicles?
If there is none, could upload one please?

Page 23 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · [23] · 24 · 25 · 26 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 13, 2018 2:09 PM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website