A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond

Page 25 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · [25] · 26 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: CMT's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved - Release & Beyond (908 messages, Page 25 of 26)
Moderators: Dennis

beaucephal

CMT SPv3 audio dude

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 10:21 PM    Msg. 810 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: slashrat
It's not a config issue, don't worry, this is a portal issue that I was unable to fully chase away.

Ahh dang. Well still, some of the other stuff you managed to wrangle out of the BSP was goddamn incredible. I still feel pretty privileged getting to watch it all come together.

slashrat

TSC:E Environment Art Lead

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 10:23 PM    Msg. 811 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: beaucephal
Quote: --- Original message by: slashrat
It's not a config issue, don't worry, this is a portal issue that I was unable to fully chase away.

Ahh dang. Well still, some of the other stuff you managed to wrangle out of the BSP was goddamn incredible. I still feel pretty privileged getting to watch it all come together.

khoatran

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 10:52 PM    Msg. 812 of 908       
Will the Open Source be upgrade in the future :( ?
Edited by khoatran on Jun 23, 2015 at 10:52 PM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 10:57 PM    Msg. 813 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: khoatran

Probably not. They just put out a new OS and honestly I dont think anyone who can wants to work on it anymore.

slashrat

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 11:07 PM    Msg. 814 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: khoatran

Probably not. They just put out a new OS and honestly I dont think anyone who can wants to work on it anymore.

It's really up to FireScythe. Kornman has largely moved on, but supports FireScythe when he can. But since most of the features in the newest OS were meant to help out TSC:E, I can't say one way or another if FS will continue to update the program.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 11:53 PM    Msg. 815 of 908       
There was some talk of there being a tag based system for AI weapon swapping, but that is the only thing that SPV3 really can have added now. It's in a state where it's getting remaining assets in and polishing ugly stuff. We can't and don't really have the resources to do anything more that requires more assets.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 04:53 AM    Msg. 816 of 908       
I would hope that FireyScythe continues to do updates and whatnot. I'm pretty sure there are plans for at least one in the future, considering the issues and bug reports he's gotten within the past months on the bitbucket page? Or maybe I'm mislead in that sense, and OS is only updated exclusively to cater to the CMT guys. I would hope I'm wrong in that assumption.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jun 24, 2015 at 04:53 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 06:15 AM    Msg. 817 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
I'm mislead in that sense, and OS is only updated exclusively to cater to the CMT guys. I would hope I'm wrong in that assumption.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jun 24, 2015 at 04:53 AM

If this is the case I'm a little disappointed from an mp point of view since CMT don't really venture into that realm any more which is a shame, since it leaves a numerous amount possibilities unexplored.

Bungie LLC

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 06:45 AM    Msg. 818 of 908       
I don't blame them. I'm surely not afraid to admit the Gen-1 Halo PC online multiplayer capabilities are very limited. They function as should be expected for a game of it's time and engine architecture, while also considering the original MP team was, I believe, only 2 people, and they only got MP properly working at all in the final few months of development.

There isn't a whole lot to Halo MP design, really; build an environment, optimise, maybe do some planning on object placement and population? Overall, the process is a lot less complicated than a full-fledged SP mission's creation. Unless you were aiming to do something totally off the wall, like perhaps some form of co-op multiplayer map, having AI involved in some manner, or just filling the map with scripts for who knows what. At that point, though, you're pretty much in a situation where you're, as Dennis has put it before, "chasing a pipe dream."

Those kinds of works or goals are often superfluous and don't bode over so well with the game itself, as the target MP engine wasn't designed for that kind of architecture. It's very barebones: I shoot guy, guy dies, guy respawns. Objectives, MOTDs, dedicateds, and other basics. All these functions catering to the very same basic design.

disclaimer: i may or may not be rambling on and repeating myself to the point of redundancy. i'm loaded up on coffee right now because i can't sleep with food poisoning, and it's 6:51 EST
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jun 24, 2015 at 06:50 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 07:12 AM    Msg. 819 of 908       

I don't blame them. I'm surely not afraid to admit the Gen-1 Halo PC online multiplayer capabilities are very limited. They function as should be expected for a game of it's time and engine architecture, while also considering the original MP team was, I believe, only 2 people, and they only got MP properly working at all in the final few months of development.

There isn't a whole lot to Halo MP design, really; build an environment, optimise, maybe do some planning on object placement and population? Overall, the process is a lot less complicated than a full-fledged SP mission's creation. Unless you were aiming to do something totally off the wall, like perhaps some form of co-op multiplayer map, having AI involved in some manner, or just filling the map with scripts for who knows what. At that point, though, you're pretty much in a situation where you're, as Dennis has put it before, "chasing a pipe dream."

Those kinds of works or goals are often superfluous and don't bode over so well with the game itself, as the target MP engine wasn't designed for that kind of architecture. It's very barebones: I shoot guy, guy dies, guy respawns. Objectives, MOTDs, dedicateds, and other basics. All these functions catering to the very same basic design.

disclaimer: i may or may not be rambling on and repeating myself to the point of redundancy. i'm loaded up on coffee right now because i can't sleep with food poisoning, and it's 6:51 EST

I actually find your midnight ramblings enlightening. Please Continue.
Edited by SS Flanker on Jun 24, 2015 at 07:12 AM

Caesar

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 10:25 AM    Msg. 820 of 908       

The point is right, this community won't face halo online engine, and they will never admit how good halo online could be IF freakin developers finished up the tag editor....

CMT knows that OS can't go far because it has reached it limits. Like what can you do? NOTHING. So everyone needs to stop askin for new OS update.

Halo ce is struggling with......

AI dont sync

bad netcode

horrible frame rate

bad port

engine is out of date

and CMT confirmed that some of the scripts in T.S.C.E won't work well in MP like hijacking vehicles and stuff.

Like since when did CMT made MP? it's because they freaking know the engine can't handle that crap at all.

When ur takin a look at halo online engine just think about how far modding can look.

I won't be touching CE once the Halo online tag editor is done.

case closed.
Edited by Caesar on Jun 24, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Edited by Caesar on Jun 24, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 10:40 AM    Msg. 821 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Caesar

The point is right, this community won't face halo online engine, and they will never admit how good halo online could be IF freakin developers finished up the tag editor....

CMT knows that OS can't go far because it has reached it limits. Like what can you do? NOTHING. So everyone needs to stop askin for new OS update.

AI dont sync

bad netcode

horrible frame rate

bad port

engine is out of date

and CMT confirmed that some of the scripts in T.S.C.E won't work well in MP like hijacking vehicles and stuff.

Like since when did CMT made MP? it's because they freaking know the engine can't handle that crap at all.

When ur takin a look at halo online engine just think about how far modding can look.

case closed.
Edited by Caesar on Jun 24, 2015 at 10:26 AM

k. Good luck getting water boarded.

- On a side note cmt team

I noticed that the guy/s incharge of "bsp'ing" implemented the use of "seamsealer" surfaces/materials in a few of your bsps, especially the outdoorsy ones - was there a specific reason for this?
Edited by SS Flanker on Jun 24, 2015 at 12:19 PM

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 12:11 PM    Msg. 822 of 908       

Oh no!

slashrat

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 01:05 PM    Msg. 823 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
I noticed that the guy/s incharge of "bsp'ing" implemented the use of "seamsealer" surfaces/materials in a few of your bsps, especially the outdoorsy ones - was there a specific reason for this?
Edited by SS Flanker on Jun 24, 2015 at 12:19 PM

As I remember it was just an easy way to seal far off areas in a way that didn't block the skybox or anything else. Seamsealer is fully transparent in game. For interiors I usually just sealed it with a "black hole" shader, such as behind fake doors, or at bsp transitions. There might be some seamsealer in the sec-servers --> cave transition due to its unusual shape, not sure.

That being said, I think Lag just started using it in the exteriors and I picked up the habit. The only benefits as far as I know are the transparency and maybe a prevention of the seam geometry featuring into portal calculations. I'm not certain about that last one though.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 01:17 PM    Msg. 824 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

Oh no!

Ik. Its like losing one of CEs most valuable creators

beaucephal

CMT SPv3 audio dude

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 01:47 PM    Msg. 825 of 908       
AI dont sync
bad netcode
horrible frame rate
bad port
engine is out of date
case closed.

And yet here we are.

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 03:15 PM    Msg. 826 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

Oh no!

Don't worry, he won't be able to make anything decent in either CE and Halo Online.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 03:32 PM    Msg. 827 of 908       
Didn't masters have working prototypes of a CMT MP? I know he never publically showed them but I've heard they exist.

beaucephal

CMT SPv3 audio dude

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 03:32 PM    Msg. 828 of 908       
Also, I wasn't going to post this, but hell, I'm in the mood for some drama.

AI dont sync

Halo Online doesn't have any AI

bad netcode

Hope you're enjoying playing over a VPN because I sure as hell don't.

horrible frame rate

Wat? Halo CE runs smoothly on a goddamn potato-level PC.

bad port

As opposed to Halo Online's unoptimised Frankenstein's Monster Halo 3 derivative?

engine is out of date

GEE, I WONDER WHAT OTHER GAME ENGINE GETTING TALKED UP IN HERE IS OUT OF DATE?

Great, best of luck to you.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 03:34 PM    Msg. 829 of 908       
We will return to Days of our lives after these commercial breaks.

I AM GOING TO LEAVE EVERYTHING ONCE MCC FOR PC RELEASES WITH NO EDITING KIT, EVERYONE KNOWS DARKCODE WILL SAVE THE DAY. I CANT WAIT TO IMPORT CMT INTO HALO 3
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Jun 24, 2015 at 03:36 PM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 03:40 PM    Msg. 830 of 908       
We interrupt this add break to bring you an important news bulletin!

MCC may never be released to PC!

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 03:48 PM    Msg. 831 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
We interrupt this add break to bring you an important news bulletin!

MCC may never be released to PC!

Actually the chances are higher then ever now, probably no mod tools :(

http://www.gamezone.com/news/rumor-halo-master-chief-collection-sunset-overdrive-headed-to-pc-3420030

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 05:13 PM    Msg. 832 of 908       
Revived H3 MP on PC that works is fine by me.
As for modding tools, Reach engine please.

Masters1337

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 05:34 PM    Msg. 833 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Didn't masters have working prototypes of a CMT MP? I know he never publically showed them but I've heard they exist.

yeah they kind of sucked.

CMT MPV2 was great for its time because it offered a wide sandbox, with competitive play. Halo online has the potential to do the same thing, only better. It still remains to be seen what customization features the final game will have, which is why I don't care about el dewrito or whatever crap they are calling it these days. I have ideas for a competitive non precision rifle starts game, based on CMT philosophies, but neither CE nor the current incarnation of Halo Online are suited for it.

So in short, I don't see any point trying to create a competitive multiplayer mod for CE given that Halo online is around the corner, but I don't see El Dewrito being something worth investing time in at the moment either.

Bungie LLC

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 06:45 PM    Msg. 834 of 908       
what maps even fall under the MPV2 category? as far as CMT MP maps go, it's all just some huge random collection of MP maps with no real categorization. i'm not even sure which ones uploaded to this site are official or not. i know there used to be lists and whatnot on h2vista.cmt and modacity, but i don't think i could dig those up even if i wanted to

Nickster5000

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 07:54 PM    Msg. 835 of 908       

AI dont sync

bad netcode

horrible frame rate

bad port

As opposed to Halo Online's unoptimised Frankenstein's Monster Halo 3 derivative?

engine is out of date

This is gold right here, man. Great post, great mod, 10/10.

on another note, I want to tell everyone who worked on TSC:E that I absolutely love all of you for your commitment and your willingness to help the rest of the community with the discoveries you have achieved with this mod.

Masters1337

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 08:13 PM    Msg. 836 of 908       
what maps even fall under the MPV2 category? as far as CMT MP maps go, it's all just some huge random collection of MP maps with no real categorization. i'm not even sure which ones uploaded to this site are official or not. i know there used to be lists and whatnot on h2vista.cmt and modacity, but i don't think i could dig those up even if i wanted to

V2 was anything with Ma5K and backpack weapons

Bungie LLC

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 09:19 PM    Msg. 837 of 908       
I see. Thanks for clearing that up, I guess.

Also, I have a couple of things to report about TSC:E itself. Before I do, though, I want to stress that I am not making demands for fixes, nor am I requesting any actions be taken, and I would hope this doesn't come across as another individual going off on a tangent about some issues that are mostly superficial or would take actual effort to find, but I felt the need to list them regardless. So far, after playing the map at least 20 or so times it seems, there are a couple of things I'd like to point about about TSC:E itself. So far, I've noticed two things:

1) The shotgun's FP animations. If you pick up the shotgun and move directly forwards without shifting the screen, you'll notice that the "move forward" animation for the shotgun's FP isn't working as it should. The animation itself begins, but then cuts out in the middle of its loop sequence, causing a pretty noticeable "freeze" as the animation cycles. In the A50 2012 SPv3 release, this wasn't an issue. As far as I know, this is not an issue that is related to compressed animations, as the issue is still present in the source release of the map with the only FP animations available for the shotgun.

2) The hrh spartan rig. As with all previous iterations of the hrh spartan I've seen in other maps, the hand and grip markers, rig, posing, or a combination thereof aren't the best in the world. You'll notice this in third person with most any weapon the biped holds. When "left hand grip" is attached properly to "left hand cyborg," the left hand doesn't properly grip any of the rifle-type weapons in the correct spots, and is instead very obviously misplaced on the weapon, typically being shifted below or clipped improperly inside of the weapon itself. The same could be said of the right hand, but to a lesser extent, because this seems to only be due to the right hand's finger posing. Otherwise, it appears in the correct place. This issue is also present in the map's source release.

I may or may not add to this list as I find any more notable issues. I doubt it'll get anymore, though, because I haven't found any others up until this point, and I have looked. There might be a few small blips here and there, like with floating triangle geometry after a warthog is destroyed near the turret area, but I believe these fall under my definition of "superficial."
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jun 25, 2015 at 10:20 PM

austen1000

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 03:32 PM    Msg. 838 of 908       
@teh lag

Hey, do you happen to have the non-OS version of the Shade Turret from the 2012 SPV3 demo?

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 04:09 PM    Msg. 839 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

AI dont sync

bad netcode

horrible frame rate

bad port

engine is out of date

This is gold right here, man. Great post, great mod, 10/10.

on another note, I want to tell everyone who worked on TSC:E that I absolutely love all of you for your commitment and your willingness to help the rest of the community with the discoveries you have achieved with this mod.

Amazing isn't it? The irony of it all....
After years halo pc makes its return debut, except your not going to able to mod it.

God damn look but don't touch policies!

Masters1337

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 06:10 PM    Msg. 840 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
@teh lag

Hey, do you happen to have the non-OS version of the Shade Turret from the 2012 SPV3 demo?

You mean the upgraded version of the original? It's still part of SPV3 and is going to be released with the rest of the stuff.

austen1000

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 07:03 PM    Msg. 841 of 908       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
@teh lag

You mean the upgraded version of the original? It's still part of SPV3 and is going to be released with the rest of the stuff.

But, isn't that version going to require OS? I specifically need the non-OS version from the map release in 2012, because it seems to be the most recent version that doesn't require OS. I am trying to create an SPV2-esque overhaul of the campaign, designed specifically for those who can't or don't want to use Open Sauce (though this in no way affects me wanting to help with SPV3. More details once I gather all of my work and send it via PM).

Edit: I managed to extract it from the map release using HEK+ (unprotected with ths password from Halomods, of course). However, a couple of shader_model tags kept getting corrupted in the process. So, I extracted these remaining 2 shader_model tags from the SPV2 version found in the CMT tagpack release.
Edited by austen1000 on Jun 26, 2015 at 07:27 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 07:42 PM    Msg. 842 of 908       
It won't need OS (the one in SPV3). We have a plan for those who can't install OS, simple due to the fact there are those on the team who can't install it (embarrassing!). So hopefully when we have that working, we will be able to present that. There are simply to many steps to getting SPV3 to run at the moment, especially to people new to CE who we are targeting.
Edited by Masters1337 on Jun 26, 2015 at 07:43 PM

austen1000

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 07:55 PM    Msg. 843 of 908       

It won't need OS (the one in SPV3). We have a plan for those who can't install OS, simple due to the fact there are those on the team who can't install it (embarrassing!). So hopefully when we have that working, we will be able to present that. There are simply to many steps to getting SPV3 to run at the moment, especially to people new to CE who we are targeting.
Edited by Masters1337 on Jun 26, 2015 at 07:43 PM

What is this plan, exactly? I thought you guys ruled out further .map releases years ago?

Pepzee

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 11:08 PM    Msg. 844 of 908       
We have a plan for those who can't install OS,

Man, would I like to hear this plan.

Page 25 of 26 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · [25] · 26 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 10:58 PM 1,531 ms.
A Halo Maps Website