A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Tutorial] Installing Open-Sauce 4.0 without the installer

Author Topic: [Tutorial] Installing Open-Sauce 4.0 without the installer (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

JDBlack

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 11:20 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
So you want to play B30 Evolved, but the Open-Sauce installer is not being nice today huh? Well worry not, there's a workaround for this and all you need to do is use the command line, let's start. There's a drawback (Not to me and those who use sightjacker) to this though. You can't use the Open-Sauce F7 menu at all. So if you're not happy with a certain setting in Open-Sauce, just be prepared to open up Notepad++ or any other text editor a lot.

Before we begin, make you have the following runtimes installed:

Latest Visual C++ 2010/2013 x86 (Even if you're on x64 Windows since x86 code is being used.)

DirectX June 2010

.NET Framework 4.5.2 (OS says it just needs 4.0, but install 4.5.2 instead.)

1. Get the Open-Sauce .msi installer

2. Open up command prompt as admin (Ctrl+Shift+Left Click)

3. type in
msiexec /a c:\OpenSauce_Halo1_CE_20150302.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:\example
(target directory can be any folder)

4. Go to the "OpenSauce_Halo1_CE_20150302.msi Content" folder on which ever directory you sent it to and go to the Halo Custom Edition folder.

5. You want to copy three things: dinput8.dll, CrashRpt1401.dll, and the shaders folder to your root Halo Custom Edition directory, the rest of the files doesn't matter.

Now open up Halo Custom Edition and use b30_evolved.yelo as a testing tool to see if the workaround worked. If it loaded the map then congrats you now have Open-Sauce on Halo Custom Edition without using the installer and yes this will work on cracked copies of Halo Custom Edition v1.10.

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 11:42 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Why don't you just upload those files?

Isxz

MrChromed

Posted: Mar 9, 2015 11:54 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Sled (from ShadowMods) made a portable version of OS. I don't know if it works correctly, because I didn't have problems with the installer.

Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/0h2crrc45ik23v9/OpenSauce+4.0.0+Portable.rar
Sled's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/shadowmods

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 4:34 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website