A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 5 does it suck?

Author Topic: Halo 5 does it suck? (23 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Ken10Ness

DED NOT BIG SUPRIZE!!!1111

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 11:26 AM    Msg. 1 of 23       
I hate Halo 5 from what i have played but i want to hear from you about the matter.

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 11:29 AM    Msg. 2 of 23       
Game play is fun, ADS is not. Also, why the **** is an 11 year old home at 9:30?

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 11:30 AM    Msg. 3 of 23       
Considering that we just got to play the beta, I think it's too early to say. Otherwise, it's definitely not a game for me D:

JDBlack

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 11:34 AM    Msg. 4 of 23       
If the multiplayer of Halo 5 is going to be like the Master Chief Collection, aka a broken disaster. Then I will not give Halo 5 the time of day. This is a day of gaming where research is more important than ever when it comes to buying a game, because you'll never know what you're getting into. Just do research on games you want and you'll be less likely to be disappointed.
Edited by JDBlack on Mar 12, 2015 at 11:38 AM

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 11:51 AM    Msg. 5 of 23       
I had a great time playing the beta, but I'm not sold on the game until they show campaign.

Ken10Ness

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 12:29 PM    Msg. 6 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
Considering that we just got to play the beta, I think it's too early to say. Otherwise, it's definitely not a game for me D:

Yeah i see what you're talking about and i just hate the design there going for just doesn't seem Halo to me ya know.

savinpvtmike

It's heavily inserted

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 02:41 PM    Msg. 7 of 23       
here we go again people complaining how about don't play it. im sick of all of this
BS
just simply dont play it. the game isnt even out yet so no judging. plus it is a direct result of every one complaining about halo 4. a game i started enjoying till every one pointed out the problems. now i am going to enjoy halo 5 and once its out im not going to listen tho the little kids crying just shut up plzzz.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 02:51 PM    Msg. 8 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike
here we go again people complaining how about don't play it. im sick of all of this
BS
just simply dont play it. the game isnt even out yet so no judging. plus it is a direct result of every one complaining about halo 4. a game i started enjoying till every one pointed out the problems. now i am going to enjoy halo 5 and once its out im not going to listen tho the little kids crying just shut up plzzz.

There's nothing wrong with people discussing what they like or dislike about Halo 5 based on what's been shown so far. I don't know why you came into a thread asking if Halo 5 sucks if you didn' want to "listen [to] the little kids crying".

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 06:06 PM    Msg. 9 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike
BS

"Uuughhhh I'm sick of hearing people saying that the US foreign policy is garbage. If you don't like it just look away and don't talk about it~~"
Is basically what you just said.

Like it or not Halo is a big franchise with influences on the industry, whether we buy/play the final product, it will influence the rest of said industry.

Not to mention as a consumer don't you want your voice to be heard?

Cheddars

Rave to the Grave.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 06:20 PM    Msg. 10 of 23       

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 06:41 PM    Msg. 11 of 23       

Here's a handy guide to Game quality when it comes to Microsoft Games, In this case, 343's Halo.

Let's assume this is a graph representing time passed, and the Y axis represents Halo being given to 343 and the X axis is a quality threshold, where anything above the axis represents surpassed expectations and below, the opposite. The line on the graph shows the quality of halo as well as predicted halo's after it using an inverse exponential formula. Halo CEA would be X = 2 Halo 4 would be X = 3, and Halo 5 would be x = 5 (and so on Halo 6 would be x = 6) Therefore Halo 5 is no doubt a terrible game, You're better off playing Modern Warfare 2 HD Remix, you little punks.

Note: Halo 1-reach not listed because it doesn't match this "terrible game quality prediction formula"

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 06:51 PM    Msg. 12 of 23       
^ pretty much this.

You have to be insane to buy ever buy a product from 343.

Sorry to piss on fanboys' parades but Halo's been dead since Reach (design-wise, not population-wise - there'll always be suckers that don't know what makes the earlier titles so great and will accept a steaming pile of crap as long as it has a shiny Halo skin on it).

Highlander

Where you from? Lots of different places.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 07:00 PM    Msg. 13 of 23       
For me personally, Halo 1-3 The only Halo games "Like the Star Wars Debate" ODST, and reach are totally fine in my books..... but....... Halo 4 was a pile of garbage, it ruined so much that I loved and its was just "in my books" not a good game.

Now in the case of Halo 5, its getting hard to distinguish Halo, from COD,to Titan fall, its just now a generic shooter that probably should of died off and after some years down the line had a reboot type thing.

Now I know that's not a great opinion but when I beat H3 on Legendary and I was told "I finished the fight." I was done with Halos main story.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 07:21 PM    Msg. 14 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man

You don't have to be insane, but if you're wanting to buy a Halo game that feels like a Halo game, 343's products probably aren't for you.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 07:38 PM    Msg. 15 of 23       
I completely agree with posts 11 to 14.
Cheers.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 08:20 PM    Msg. 16 of 23       
This is why I hate debates like this. People forget opinion isn't fact. You enjoy a Halo game, you're a fanboy. You dislike a Halo game, how dare you.

It's an unwinnable argument and you got to make the decision yourself. If you liked the Halo 5 Beta, then get Halo 5. If you didn't, then don't. It's that simple. If you didn't play the Halo 5 beta, then I guess you'll just have to make the decision through what you've seen of the game.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 02:02 AM    Msg. 17 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
This is why I hate debates like this. People forget opinion isn't fact.

Dude the guy posted a graph. That is clear scientific evidence that Halo 5 will be a bad game.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 02:45 AM    Msg. 18 of 23       
This is why I hate debates like this. People forget opinion isn't fact. You enjoy a Halo game, you're a fanboy. You dislike a Halo game, how dare you.

It's an unwinnable argument and you got to make the decision yourself. If you liked the Halo 5 Beta, then get Halo 5. If you didn't, then don't. It's that simple. If you didn't play the Halo 5 beta, then I guess you'll just have to make the decision through what you've seen of the game.

Also I'd just like to dispute the misconception that Halo 4 or Halo 5 is a Halo game, a better way to classify them would be to call them fan games or fan fiction.
Edited by Banshee64 on Mar 13, 2015 at 02:47 AM

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 08:35 AM    Msg. 19 of 23       
Science...

Ken10Ness

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 10:15 AM    Msg. 20 of 23       
^ pretty much this.

Sorry to piss on fanboys' parades but Halo's been dead since Reach (design-wise, not population-wise - there'll always be suckers that don't know what makes the earlier titles so great and will accept a steaming pile of crap as long as it has a shiny Halo skin on it).

I know what your talking about. Halo 1 was the first game i ever played as well as the first i played well... Then 343 poops all over childhood.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 11:25 AM    Msg. 21 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ken10Ness
^ pretty much this.

I know what your talking about. Halo 1 was the first game i ever played as well as the first i played well... Then 343 poops all over childhood.

1 Problem I had with the beta was everything was locked down to 720p.......and did anyone get the feel that why the gameplay was good it all felt a little too CQB'ish.

I mean small maps are fun and are made even better with all the new stuff you get to use in them but I feel when the retail version is out most of the cqb tactics will be lost in translation.

I mean you can't ground pound someone if they are 7000 world units over the other side of the map.

KingNick220

xXx 420 n0sc0pes MLG xXx

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 11:31 AM    Msg. 22 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43157158/image_2.png

Also I'd just like to dispute the misconception that Halo 4 or Halo 5 is a Halo game, a better way to classify them would be to call them fan games or fan fiction.

Your graph is wrong. Halo 4 launched with 400k players, not Halo 3. I think you mixed them up!!!
Edited by KingNick220 on Mar 13, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 11:47 AM    Msg. 23 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: KingNick220

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43157158/image_2.png

Your graph is wrong. Halo 4 launched with 400k players, not Halo 3. I think you mixed them up!!!
Edited by KingNick220 on Mar 13, 2015 at 11:32 AM

The numbers aren't accurate but they're relative. I got all the data from raptr game tracking so those numbers only apply to raptr members.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 2:39 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website