A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread

Page 12 of 13 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · [12] · 13 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread (427 messages, Page 12 of 13)
Moderators: Dennis

Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Sep 25, 2016 05:44 AM    Msg. 386 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
CE3 was only a month ago, I know you are very very very little but shouldn't you be a little bit more patient?

As long as you didn't lie about your bd then I am only a year and a bit younger than you.
Edited by Super Alex on Sep 25, 2016 at 05:14 AM

Then why do you act like you're only a decade and a bit younger


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Sep 25, 2016 05:58 AM    Msg. 387 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
CE3 was only a month ago, I know you are very very very little but shouldn't you be a little bit more patient?

As long as you didn't lie about your bd then I am only a year and a bit younger than you.
Edited by Super Alex on Sep 25, 2016 at 05:14 AM

Then why do you act like you're only a decade and a bit younger

Ironic.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Sep 25, 2016 08:30 AM    Msg. 388 of 427       
This is why wars exist.

Because stupid jerk off's like this /\ exist.


The Master
Joined: Aug 8, 2014

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~


Posted: Sep 25, 2016 01:37 PM    Msg. 389 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
This is why wars exist.

Because stupid jerk off's like this /\ exist.
You pointed to your own comment therefor you're right.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Sep 25, 2016 02:49 PM    Msg. 390 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: Watson
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
This is why wars exist.

Because stupid jerk off's like this /\ exist.
You pointed to your own comment therefor you're right.


Thankyou for cracking the joke.


Alex
Joined: Apr 22, 2016


Posted: Sep 25, 2016 03:47 PM    Msg. 391 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
CE3 was only a month ago, I know you are very very very little but shouldn't you be a little bit more patient?

As long as you didn't lie about your bd then I am only a year and a bit younger than you.
Edited by Super Alex on Sep 25, 2016 at 05:14 AM

Then why do you act like you're only a decade and a bit younger






but seriously. i actually have no idea. it is just the way god has built me i guess.
Edited by Super Alex on Sep 25, 2016 at 05:37 PM


snark567
Joined: Mar 3, 2015

Duck bombs donít intimidate carnivorous deer.


Posted: Sep 25, 2016 05:11 PM    Msg. 392 of 427       
Is there a chance of Microsoft taking this down? Wouldn't want to see it disappear like a Nintendo fan game.


Alex
Joined: Apr 22, 2016


Posted: Sep 25, 2016 05:39 PM    Msg. 393 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
Is there a chance of Microsoft taking this down? Wouldn't want to see it disappear like a Nintendo fan game.



There is always a chance of Microsoft taking this down. Sometimes companies have to protect their IP. Luckily I think MS are a lot more chill about fan-made games then Nintendo.


ZOBI3KING
Joined: Dec 25, 2012

Look at me, I'm the captain now.


Posted: Sep 27, 2016 12:39 AM    Msg. 394 of 427       
Microshaft can take it down at any moment but they don't take down fan-projects unless it will hurt sales or uses assets directly from the games. Unless it is something like a mod/game using ripped content (and releasing it, placeholder doesn't really matter considering it will be replaced anyways) most of these fan games tend to fall into the creative rules MS set for the Halo games. The only time I remember them taking action on a fan project following the guidelines was an rts mod that I believe was for Command And Conquer. The mod was called Halogen, if I remember right it was shut down due to the fact that Microsoft was planning on releasing/promoting Halo Wars the next year.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules Should explain what Microsoft is and isn't okay with. Basically unless it breaks those rules or might hurt Microsoft plans (like Halogen did to Halo Wars) Microsoft will basically ignore it or even be "cool" with it.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Sep 27, 2016 04:22 AM    Msg. 395 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: ZOBI3KING
Microshaft can take it down at any moment but they don't take down fan-projects unless it will hurt sales or uses assets directly from the games. Unless it is something like a mod/game using ripped content (and releasing it, placeholder doesn't really matter considering it will be replaced anyways) most of these fan games tend to fall into the creative rules MS set for the Halo games. The only time I remember them taking action on a fan project following the guidelines was an rts mod that I believe was for Command And Conquer. The mod was called Halogen, if I remember right it was shut down due to the fact that Microsoft was planning on releasing/promoting Halo Wars the next year.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules Should explain what Microsoft is and isn't okay with. Basically unless it breaks those rules or might hurt Microsoft plans (like Halogen did to Halo Wars) Microsoft will basically ignore it or even be "cool" with it.


It'd be funny if they bought out I01.


The Master
Joined: Aug 8, 2014

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~


Posted: Sep 27, 2016 06:54 AM    Msg. 396 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: ZOBI3KING
Microshaft can take it down at any moment but they don't take down fan-projects unless it will hurt sales or uses assets directly from the games. Unless it is something like a mod/game using ripped content (and releasing it, placeholder doesn't really matter considering it will be replaced anyways) most of these fan games tend to fall into the creative rules MS set for the Halo games. The only time I remember them taking action on a fan project following the guidelines was an rts mod that I believe was for Command And Conquer. The mod was called Halogen, if I remember right it was shut down due to the fact that Microsoft was planning on releasing/promoting Halo Wars the next year.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules Should explain what Microsoft is and isn't okay with. Basically unless it breaks those rules or might hurt Microsoft plans (like Halogen did to Halo Wars) Microsoft will basically ignore it or even be "cool" with it.


It'd be funny if they bought out I01.
If they paid a thousand times less than what they paid for Minecraft... Hey TheChunkierBean you know I always loved you? <3


cippozzo
Joined: May 7, 2013

"I... I am a monument to all your sins."


Posted: Sep 27, 2016 08:43 AM    Msg. 397 of 427       
It would be nice Microsoft including I01 in Anvil.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Sep 27, 2016 12:23 PM    Msg. 398 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
It would be nice Microsoft including I01 in Anvil.


Anvil online?

What?


TheChunkierBean
Joined: Oct 31, 2013

This Bean is Cooking!!


Posted: Dec 25, 2016 11:42 AM    Msg. 399 of 427       
https://youtu.be/iE9OahDYfY4

We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We can't wait for 2017 and what it holds for the future of our game.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Dec 25, 2016 12:43 PM    Msg. 400 of 427       
What armour version is that?


TheChunkierBean
Joined: Oct 31, 2013

This Bean is Cooking!!


Posted: Dec 25, 2016 07:50 PM    Msg. 401 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
What armour version is that?


Mark V.


malolo420
Joined: Aug 5, 2007

Drugs are Bad


Posted: Dec 26, 2016 12:37 AM    Msg. 402 of 427       
What happened to this? I'll help on my spare time.

Modeling, texturing, c#, I have a sh** load of sound equipment as well.


TheChunkierBean
Joined: Oct 31, 2013

This Bean is Cooking!!


Posted: Dec 26, 2016 01:19 AM    Msg. 403 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: malolo420
What happened to this? I'll help on my spare time.

Modeling, texturing, c#, I have a sh** load of sound equipment as well.


Still kicking and going strong. I received your PM and will be contacting you shortly.


StormUndBlackbird
Joined: Oct 27, 2011

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird


Posted: Dec 26, 2016 04:41 AM    Msg. 404 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
Quote: --- Original message by: malolo420
What happened to this? I'll help on my spare time.

Modeling, texturing, c#, I have a sh** load of sound equipment as well.


Still kicking and going strong. I received your PM and will be contacting you shortly.

DMT i01 confirmed


TheChunkierBean
Joined: Oct 31, 2013

This Bean is Cooking!!


Posted: Jan 15, 2017 10:11 AM    Msg. 405 of 427       
Looking for some new wallpapers? We have you covered! Enjoy these 4K wallpapers of our spartan:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0f4xtcinyKLUEJ4T25ZcTYwaVk
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0f4xtcinyKLNGxFM1dUTVZhaVU


Here is a smaller preview of them just so I don't nuke the thread:



Corpen
Joined: Aug 11, 2015

Sierra 612 - DIAC - "Why are we here?"


Posted: Jan 15, 2017 11:04 AM    Msg. 406 of 427       
Nice would have liked a sunset one for blue, I am too fussy.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Jan 15, 2017 11:27 AM    Msg. 407 of 427       
A tad too much blur'n bloom, armour feels very mcfarlane plasticky.

Also since I've caught corpens fussiness the mouth vent slit's should be blackened.



Alex
Joined: Apr 22, 2016


Posted: Jan 15, 2017 11:32 AM    Msg. 408 of 427       
It looks too plasticy and rubbery for my tastes. Hopefully it can be rectified.


There is also a purple version of the wallpaper: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/126963355473674240/269362095282323464/teamPurpleNight.jpg





The lighting and rock meshes look fab!
Edited by Grand Admiral Alex on Jan 15, 2017 at 11:33 AM


1bobsam1
Joined: Mar 18, 2010

I win. You lose.


Posted: Jan 16, 2017 01:41 AM    Msg. 409 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: malolo420
What happened to this? I'll help on my spare time.

Modeling, texturing, c#, I have a sh** load of sound equipment as well.


Hey man, it's been a long time I thought you were gone for good. (It's me Fsfssgffd if you remember). It's been too many years.


TheChunkierBean
Joined: Oct 31, 2013

This Bean is Cooking!!


Posted: Mar 26, 2017 11:25 AM    Msg. 410 of 427       
Alright everyone! It's time for another video. This time we asked the community questions about Installation 01 and we answered them with this video:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vE2vAiBMo8

Don't forget to also sign up on our new website (https://installation01.org/) to get access to the game when it releases! Thanks!
Edited by TheChunkierBean on Mar 26, 2017 at 11:28 AM
Edited by TheChunkierBean on Mar 26, 2017 at 11:29 AM


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Mar 26, 2017 01:48 PM    Msg. 411 of 427       
Yay updates.


MS14A
Joined: Mar 17, 2017


Posted: Mar 26, 2017 07:02 PM    Msg. 412 of 427       
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Mar 26, 2017 11:10 PM    Msg. 413 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK


I dont think you understand what kind of legal implications that has on fan games. Allowing people to port stuff is a direct violation on microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, and could instantly cause any fangame to get shut down.


DaLode
Joined: Oct 4, 2014

Ho ho hooooly doodle!


Posted: Mar 27, 2017 01:00 AM    Msg. 414 of 427       
Cool update. Relic was my favorite Halo MP map ever :-D
The Battle Rifle action feels legit too.


EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: Mar 27, 2017 02:13 AM    Msg. 415 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK


I dont think you understand what kind of legal implications that has on fan games. Allowing people to port stuff is a direct violation on microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, and could instantly cause any fangame to get shut down.


Well adding modding support to your free release fan game isn't illegal per-se.

But having a tool that directly ports assets from CE would definitely be a big legal no no.


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Mar 27, 2017 03:16 AM    Msg. 416 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK


I dont think you understand what kind of legal implications that has on fan games. Allowing people to port stuff is a direct violation on microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, and could instantly cause any fangame to get shut down.


Well adding modding support to your free release fan game isn't illegal per-se.

But having a tool that directly ports assets from CE would definitely be a big legal no no.


If the people who are using your mod tools to port assets, the devs can get shut down for allowing their users to violate the rules. Thats how it works

Also, its a pretty big dirtbag move to ask a developer to add tools for the explicit purpose of porting stuff over to replace whats theirs. You're basically saying that they're not good enough and you're more interested in using them as a stepping stone. I've had this discussion with somebody on the contingency forums a while back and i still stand by saying this.


MS14A
Joined: Mar 17, 2017


Posted: Mar 29, 2017 09:50 AM    Msg. 417 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK


I dont think you understand what kind of legal implications that has on fan games. Allowing people to port stuff is a direct violation on microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, and could instantly cause any fangame to get shut down.


Well adding modding support to your free release fan game isn't illegal per-se.

But having a tool that directly ports assets from CE would definitely be a big legal no no.
Also, its a pretty big dirtbag move to ask a developer to add tools for the explicit purpose of porting stuff over to replace whats theirs. You're basically saying that they're not good enough and you're more interested in using them as a stepping stone. I've had this discussion with somebody on the contingency forums a while back and i still stand by saying this.

I find it funny you state this as we're on Halo maps, a site that does in fact host ported and ripped content not only from Halo Titles post HCE, but things like CoD4, Half-Life and other games. Which is illegal as well yet is still here despite being a massive issue to not only the site but Dennis and the company UXB internet.

There's also the other fan project Halo: Online which uses stolen code from a microsoft IP and reversed engineered, said project was hit with a C&D but instead of caving the threat by Microsoft's legal division was given the metaphorical finger and work still continues.

Moving away from Halo we have Garry's mod that hosts ported and ripped content from a variety of non-valve games. I bring this up because in order to access this content you do essentially have to pay for them (buying the game). Of course nothing has happened here and if it did pressure would cause every piece of content ripped from other games to be removed.

You've already impeded on Microsoft's domain just by making this one while they have the Halo IP active and H5 Forge exists on PC. Legally they have every right to shut you down,even if you believe yourself in the clear all it's going to take from the looks of it is one C&D from Microsoft to get you guys to stop in your tracks. I asked what essentially would happen if you released map authoring tools and there is no two ways about this

Thats how it works nothing legally will stop Microsoft from giving you a C&D right before release or on release which is usually how they operate. Ultimately you're on their radar right now and there's a good chance a C&D will come either right before completion of your project or shortly after as you're infringing on their attempt to monetize Halo on PC via H5 Forge. All I did was ask for something that would obviously be used for porting work. I just asked outright.

oh and AM2R is a good non-MS example i can give of a free fan game being forced to get canned right as it released.


R93_Sniper
Joined: Feb 13, 2011

When in Doubt, RUN!


Posted: Mar 29, 2017 12:50 PM    Msg. 418 of 427       
Few differences and misconceptions to notify you of

Halo CE is owned by microsoft. Porting their own stuff into their own engine isnt really rulebreaking as it is, and trying to can it now is sorta eh?

Dewrito got hit with a C&D because they hosted the game files on their site. After they took that down the request was pulled.

Garrysmod and AM2R are pretty god examples, but in the former you only have assets being moved, not gameplay, and no identification of being a fangame either. The latter is coming from a trash company's legal department.

Microsoft is far more forgiving than we give them credit for, and they've let fan games slide with one exception of that halo rts game that got canned near the release of Halo Wars. So long as there's no toe stepping, the team(s) working on their fan game(s) are generally clear


Masters1337
Joined: Mar 5, 2006

halonaminator's unfortunate idol


Posted: Mar 29, 2017 04:12 PM    Msg. 419 of 427       
The rules are designed to let MS shut people down whenever they want. Just because you think you are within them doesn't mean they can't shut you down.


EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: Mar 29, 2017 05:13 PM    Msg. 420 of 427       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The rules are designed to let MS shut people down whenever they want. Just because you think you are within them doesn't mean they can't shut you down.

^This is the actual correct answer. Although MS has shown to be quite liberal in letting Fan games do their own things.
And the last thing Halo needs right now is bad publicity.

 
Page 12 of 13 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · [12] · 13 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Thu October 18, 2018 4:09 AM 3,328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website