A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread

Page 13 of 13 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · [13] · Prev
Author Topic: Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread (424 messages, Page 13 of 13)
Moderators: Dennis

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 05:28 PM    Msg. 421 of 424       
Wow I haven't updated this in a long time, sorry about that guys!

We released our latest showcase around June: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_rrJNeZD6w

As always if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 11:08 PM    Msg. 422 of 424       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean

We released our latest showcase around June: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_rrJNeZD6w

Genuine question: with this amount of work and effort put into the project, why not just focus on creating your own IP? It seems like you have the correct sort of people/talent working on it to take on that task. It's definitely more work than creating just a level/campaign for Halo: Custom Edition.

With upcoming Halo games it seems more likely you guys could eventually be hit with a C&D, especially with how popular the project has gotten. Wouldn't doing a new IP be more beneficial in this regard, let alone actually profitable? I understand the want to create a Halo experience for PC, but considering El Dewrito is 'out' for people to play...? I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just trying to understand why people generally try to do these sorts of projects (same with e.g Contingency). Either way - it's looking nice.

TheChunkierBean

This Bean is Cooking!!

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 11:47 PM    Msg. 423 of 424       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean

Genuine question: with this amount of work and effort put into the project, why not just focus on creating your own IP? It seems like you have the correct sort of people/talent working on it to take on that task. It's definitely more work than creating just a level/campaign for Halo: Custom Edition.

With upcoming Halo games it seems more likely you guys could eventually be hit with a C&D, especially with how popular the project has gotten. Wouldn't doing a new IP be more beneficial in this regard, let alone actually profitable? I understand the want to create a Halo experience for PC, but considering El Dewrito is 'out' for people to play...? I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just trying to understand why people generally try to do these sorts of projects (same with e.g Contingency). Either way - it's looking nice.

Well to answer the question about C&D, this happened around June of last year: https://installation01.org/updates/1498670180

And then to the other question of why Halo? Portfolio reasons. Many of us wish to work with 343 or get jobs in the industry. Also ElDewrito may be out, but why play the same game you played 11 years ago? We want to create a fresh experience for players.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 08:05 AM    Msg. 424 of 424       
Got to see some of this at PAX and man it is looking so good.

Page 13 of 13 Go to page: · 1 · ... · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · [13] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 19, 2018 5:33 AM 1,875 ms.
A Halo Maps Website