A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »How do I add AI in halo 2 MP?

Author Topic: How do I add AI in halo 2 MP? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

r3poser

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 07:09 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I got halo 2 but trying to find the tutorial how to do it.

Highlander

Where you from? Lots of different places.

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 10:32 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Quote: --- Original message by: r3poser
I got halo 2 but trying to find the tutorial how to do it.

Ask the halo 2 forums...

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 12:54 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
When the game engine is set to MP, AI are set to not spawn. There is applications, and cheatengine instructions for switching the game engine between SP and MP, however if you are doing it with custom maps, H2tool strips a bunch of AI data, so you cannot use scripts to target AI, meaning you cannot place them after the game has started in custom maps. And, since they only spawn with the SP engine, and you are trying to do MP, you need it to be in the MP engine to start your game up online. Basically, real AI can't be used in your custom MP maps.

Next path, scripting bipeds up to move however you desire, and spawn their projectiles using effects, since they'll sync in H2. Bipeds themselves will spawn in MP, but you cannot attach legitimate AI to them, since the AI data is damaged by tool (you cannot reference the encounter, henceforth you cannot use ai_attach), so thats why you have to setup your own "AI" using scripts.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 29, 2017 11:11 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website