A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Online

Page 2 of 60 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 60 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: Halo Online (2086 messages, Page 2 of 60)
Moderators: Dennis

r3poser

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 01:19 AM    Msg. 36 of 2086       
Omg finally halo is coming to pc!

JDBlack

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 01:27 AM    Msg. 37 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac
You learn to read frosty.

Well color me reasonable for no longer being interested in a crappy game from a now crappy series.

Caesar

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 03:30 AM    Msg. 38 of 2086       
So does this mean we don't need halo 3 port? because we already got halo 3 engine for pc.... we just need to import SP in there and job done :)

Idaho

Mihi Libertas Necesse Est

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 03:59 AM    Msg. 39 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: Btcc22
You'll need some good fortune to pirate an online game.

It's possible though, it requires Reverse Engineering skills, I know a guy who hacked CoD:Online but was sued by Activision...

Quote: --- Original message by: Caesar
So does this mean we don't need halo 3 port? because we already got halo 3 engine for pc.... we just need to import SP in there and job done :)

Might be harder than it seem though...

Here's what I suggested to the devs on Halo Waypoint:

Quote:
- Make the game available as f2p on every Microsoft platform: Xbox One/Xbox 360/Windows 10 PC
(Since it is using Halo 3 engine I'm pretty confident it can run on the 360 and that would show that as promised Microsoft still supports the 360)

- Release the game worldwide, some of us are quite irritated with interesting f2p being only available in countries with -Yoink- political systems, an example would be Call of Duty : Online or the future Ghost in the Shell f2p...
(A friend of mine was so angry that he decided to hack into CoD:Online and make his own version of it, if Activision had not stopped him we could play CoD:Online everywhere with no restrictions at the moment)

- Add the Halo 3 & Halo ODST campaigns to the PC version, it's using Halo 3 engine we know you can port the stuff around, even if it's somehow a modified version, just put on some efforts, it's really worth it, it's up to you to chose to make it a paid option or not, I personally wouldn't mind having to pay for it...
(We could finally be able to finish the fight of the first trilogy on PC, some of us would be very glad, and some of us could begin it, in the end, more customers)

- Add Firefight, Spartan-OPS & coop through campaigns for 4 players, make coop through campaign only available on PC if you don't add it on consoles, that'd be redundant with MCC on the One and available Halo games on the 360...
(Coop is a very important thing, I personally don't really like MP except at LAN parties or split screen, so coop is my chance to have fun with people playing Halo)

- Add LAN possibilities (Even if we have to authenticate to the internet before or use blank profiles)
(Imagine a LAN of coop or firefight? Now that'd be exciting)

- Cross platform, we all play on the same servers
(Now that'd be something to show people how unified Microsoft stuff is nowadays)

- Port as much MP maps from Halo 3 as you can- Forge or Modding tools
(You decide, just let us have custom maps in a way or another)

- Sell only cosmetic content or be really careful with what you decide to sell (Anything related to character customization could easily be sold) and solo/coop content (I think Spartan-OPS missions and H3/H3ODST campaigns could be something to sell)

As I see it, it's a good opportunity to create a great Halo multiplayer experience for everybody.

If there's a good echo, 343 could even have a team only dedicated to Halo:Online and another to create Halo games more orientated on the campaign and coop on the Xbox One.I really hope some of you guys at 343 consider these suggestions, this could be the next big thing for Halo...

Edited by Idaho on Mar 26, 2015 at 04:05 AM

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:06 AM    Msg. 40 of 2086       
there won't be any modding lol, have you ever seen any F2p support it?

At best forge will be in and you pay for pieces to use in it; that's usually how this kind of game handles end-user maps. It alleviates the demand on the dev team while still keeping the cash flowing.

Probably russia only because consoles aren't nearly as prevalent there.

sshers4

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:07 AM    Msg. 41 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho

It's possible though, it requires Reverse Engineering skills, I know a guy who hacked CoD:Online but was sued by Activision...

Quote:
- Make the game available as f2p on every Microsoft platform: Xbox One/Xbox 360/Windows 10 PC
(Since it is using Halo 3 engine I'm pretty confident it can run on the 360 and that would show that as promised Microsoft still supports the 360)

- Release the game worldwide, some of us are quite irritated with interesting f2p being only available in countries with -Yoink- political systems, an example would be Call of Duty : Online or the future Ghost in the Shell f2p...
(A friend of mine was so angry that he decided to hack into CoD:Online and make his own version of it, if Activision had not stopped him we could play CoD:Online everywhere with no restrictions at the moment)

- Add the Halo 3 & Halo ODST campaigns to the PC version, it's using Halo 3 engine we know you can port the stuff around, even if it's somehow a modified version, just put on some efforts, it's really worth it, it's up to you to chose to make it a paid option or not, I personally wouldn't mind having to pay for it...
(We could finally be able to finish the fight of the first trilogy on PC, some of us would be very glad, and some of us could begin it, in the end, more customers)

- Add Firefight, Spartan-OPS & coop through campaigns for 4 players, make coop through campaign only available on PC if you don't add it on consoles, that'd be redundant with MCC on the One and available Halo games on the 360...
(Coop is a very important thing, I personally don't really like MP except at LAN parties or split screen, so coop is my chance to have fun with people playing Halo)

- Add LAN possibilities (Even if we have to authenticate to the internet before or use blank profiles)

(Now that'd be something to show people how unified Microsoft stuff is nowadays)

- Sell only cosmetic content or be really careful with what you decide to sell (Anything related to character customization could easily be sold) and solo/coop content (I think Spartan-OPS missions and H3/H3ODST campaigns could be something to sell)

As I see it, it's a good opportunity to create a great Halo multiplayer experience for everybody.

If there's a good echo, 343 could even have a team only dedicated to Halo:Online and another to create Halo games more orientated on the campaign and coop on the Xbox One.I really hope some of you guys at 343 consider these suggestions, this could be the next big thing for Halo...

I have posted this feed back to halo waypoint

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/halo-online-pc-feedback/3883802a-72b8-498d-9190-5607c52fcffa/posts

BKTiel

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:09 AM    Msg. 42 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho

Quote:

I have posted this feed back to halo waypoint

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/halo-online-pc-feedback/3883802a-72b8-498d-9190-5607c52fcffa/posts

are you dumb?

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:23 AM    Msg. 43 of 2086       
I hope it has HEK+, Kornman00, and a hobo.

r3poser

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:28 AM    Msg. 44 of 2086       
Proof? 343i just said beta will be in Russia and then once official release is here they will release around the globe.

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 12:07 PM    Msg. 45 of 2086       

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 12:27 PM    Msg. 46 of 2086       
Why would you specifically suggest limiting the game to Windows 10 users?

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 12:34 PM    Msg. 47 of 2086       
yes but its the same thing that was partially responsible for halo 2's failure XD

sshers4

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 12:34 PM    Msg. 48 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

and i replied to your feedback...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/halo-online-pc-feedback/3883802a-72b8-498d-9190-5607c52fcffa/posts?page=1#post4

ofc i wonder if 343 will still delete my posts like they have in the past

Oh no worries.

Just read your post it sounds good. Hopefully 343i will listen....

JDBlack

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 12:56 PM    Msg. 49 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Well Vista sucked ans wasn't free.

Plus the fact that OEMs shipped Vista with beta drivers on their hardware sank Vista's reputation even further.

killzone64

Mostly active on discord

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 01:08 PM    Msg. 50 of 2086       

in case people missed it this is at 34 seconds in the trailer

343 and sabre are idiots. the br has a 3 round burst

Edited by killzone64 on Mar 26, 2015 at 01:10 PM

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 05:32 PM    Msg. 51 of 2086       

http://i.gyazo.com/3adbc7fee78262cccce255c65024ed21.png

Wow! That reeks microtransactions like mad.

Buy 250 gold coins for $25. Get the ability to use the battle rifle for up to 24 hours!

Hydrogen

Wort Wort Wort...

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 05:50 PM    Msg. 52 of 2086       

http://i.gyazo.com/3adbc7fee78262cccce255c65024ed21.png

maybe that is exclusive to the mag battle rifle. at least I would assume so because its a bigger clip.

regular br: 4 head shots (12 bullets) to kill
BR mag: 3 head shots (15 bullets) to kill

they are making the stock battle rifle complete crap if thats the case lol

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:40 PM    Msg. 53 of 2086       
I made a quick video with the Russian bits translated (for conveniences sake).
https://youtu.be/EDbD38KP0a8

Nothing really important pops up in Russian so, kinda a moot effort.

I also made a Screen shot gallery from the video (The visuals honestly aren't half bad).
http://imgur.com/a/MJv6G

Final note- Promethean Vision 3.0 You can (not) redo...

But it seems they balanced it with an indicator on the receiving ends HUD. Will have to see how that plays out
(if game balance is being considered in the first place. Gotta make that $$$$$$$$$$$ somehow eh Microsoft?)
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Mar 26, 2015 at 07:41 PM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:53 PM    Msg. 54 of 2086       
Did the radar always have a 70m radius?

Don't think so, in some parts of the video you can see that it's 25m as well.
Could be a micro-transaction add on.

"PaY 500 GoLd fOr BiiiiG RADARS, SO u cAan SeE Eevery1 and pwn dem xDD"

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:54 PM    Msg. 55 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Did the radar always have a 70m radius?

Don't think so, in some parts of the video you can see that it's 25m as well.
Could be a micro-transaction add on.

"PaY 500 GoLd fOr BiiiiG RADARS, SO u cAan SeE Eevery1 and pwn dem xDD"

Heres a bit of halofollower quality speculation:

Purchased armor has different effects on gameplay. Because otherwise purchases would be all visual and pointless.

Also i like the Armor Ability HUD this time around.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Mar 26, 2015 at 07:56 PM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 07:58 PM    Msg. 56 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Purchased armor has different effects on gameplay. Because otherwise purchases would be all visual and pointless.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Mar 26, 2015 at 07:55 PM

But.. but.. that's the best kind of microtransaction policy - all cosmetic, no gameplay effects... (ie: Reach)

It's almost like he's a walking bag of terrible speculations.

Nickster5000

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 08:11 PM    Msg. 57 of 2086       
I'm going to laugh when we see custom map designs created by this community that 343i will take and implement into this game.

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 08:27 PM    Msg. 58 of 2086       

Theres no way thats true because if you read the weapons descriptions, there are clear purchasable upgrades

BKTiel

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 08:41 PM    Msg. 59 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
I'm going to laugh when we see custom map designs created by this community that 343i will take and implement into this game.

I'm going to laugh when you're wro-

oh w8 a min, you already are

lol you think anything here is AAA production level?

Also @ microtransactions those have been a thing in F2P for a long time, but never so grievously as displayed here. Half an hour to use a gun? Microsoft just took things to a whole new level lol.

PopeAK49

I'm a living, breathing sentient tank!

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 09:03 PM    Msg. 60 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

lol you think anything here is AAA production level?

It's not so much the AAA production level, but rather the fact that users who create maps for free have the advantage of taking a cost-free risk with their ideas.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 10:39 PM    Msg. 61 of 2086       
nice rigging.

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 11:05 PM    Msg. 62 of 2086       
Is this some sort of sick joke?

JDBlack

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 11:09 PM    Msg. 63 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOPPELGANGER

The fact that it exists or the fact that people here are actually excited for this piece of crap?
Edited by JDBlack on Mar 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM

DOPPELGANGER

whoops

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 11:13 PM    Msg. 64 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: JDBlack

Quote: --- Original message by: DOPPELGANGER

The fact that it exists or the fact that people here are actually excited for this piece of crap?
Edited by JDBlack on Mar 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM

This is the last straw lol. I'm so done with Halo other than Halo ce. They ran this franchise into the ground and got people excited over $hitty games. f2p? Thank god this piece of crap is only in russia, keep this $hit away from me. gg halo, it's been a good run.

Dumb AI

Dead.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 05:25 AM    Msg. 65 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Mar 26, 2015 at 07:55 PM

But.. but.. that's the best kind of microtransaction policy - all cosmetic, no gameplay effects... (ie: Reach)

It's almost like he's a walking bag of terrible speculations.

Pause and look on the right side:
https://youtu.be/612_qzVHRQg?t=27s
I don't like Halo[Theory]Follower all that much, but his speculation isn't completely baseless in this case.

That is footage of the alpha though. Might change later on.

Edited by Dumb AI on Mar 27, 2015 at 05:29 AM

Perla117

The Last Italian On This Forum

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 05:38 AM    Msg. 66 of 2086       
i want to paly it!

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 10:51 AM    Msg. 67 of 2086       
I'm con-fused. What is Halo Online!

sshers4

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 10:53 AM    Msg. 68 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
I'm con-fused. What is Halo Online!

343i just annouced halo online PC and the engine is Halo 3 :)

it's amazing we finally we got halo on PC.

come on xfire so i can help you the game.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 10:54 AM    Msg. 69 of 2086       
If there is no EK then there is no real point for me.

sshers4

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 10:56 AM    Msg. 70 of 2086       
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
If there is no EK then there is no real point for me.

gamechat13 is modding it somehow.

Page 2 of 60 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · ... · 60 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 4:05 AM 906 ms.
A Halo Maps Website