A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »New to Halo CE

Author Topic: New to Halo CE (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

bwade065

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 03:31 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hey guys, I just joined.

Is there a section for noobs like me with installation and setup instructions. I am playing the new CMT TSC:E map and It kinda lags a little, but I cant figure out why. I disabled decals with no improvement. I also named my videocard in the config file, but that's literally all I changed.

This is a fresh install, and my computer consists of a 3930k and 780ti. Thanks. Im going to be showing my brother this soon, and try and get them to give it a shot. Thanks for everyone who made this stuff possible.....its awesome.

The_Purrminator

(SBB) Michelle

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 04:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
With TSC:E comes a readme which tells you precisely what you need to do to improve fps.

bwade065

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 05:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: The_Purrminator
With TSC:E comes a readme which tells you precisely what you need to do to improve fps.

Oh, I didnt realize, thanks for the heads up. Ill start there.

So I re reread the readme and the PDF. Its good information, Stuff I didn't know, but even after disabling everything, I still have the same problem. All the environments look great, but the units looks like claymation, moving and its like a weird lag. Any ideas?
Edited by bwade065 on Mar 26, 2015 at 05:17 PM

bwade065

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 06:00 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Rest assured what you're experiencing is normal.

Halo, which was originally an Xbox game and thus capped at 30fps, is still, despite being ported, capped at 30fps on animations. This explains why troops look choppy when moving.

Modern monitors are @ 60hz i.e 60fps, so 30fps looks bad but not awful. On 144hz and 120hz however things get ugly.

Moreover this is a 14 year old engine running basically a next gen calibre map. Open Sauce was made by a few nerds in a basement, not an army of coders, so don't expect the level of optimisation that most games have. Lag should be expected even on the most advanced of hardware.

Thanks for clairifying this all for me! Appreciate it

bwade065

Posted: Mar 26, 2015 06:29 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Forgot to mention, for smoothest graphics enable vsync in your Halo video options, and disable triple buffering in your graphics card control panel.

On TSC:E atm, first person arms look most realistic at 85 fov though the devs will fully support 90 fov (which feels better) in the next patch.

A lot of tweaks and stuff are mentioned here, though some stuff is missing, like how to properly configure Halo for a controller (which isn't really an enhancement anyway lmao)

If you're new to MP xfire me and I'll show ya the ropes

Will do dude, appreciate it

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 20, 2019 3:00 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website