A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 5 Locke Ad

Author Topic: Halo 5 Locke Ad (34 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 09:54 PM    Msg. 1 of 34       

MatthewDratt

HaloCE3.com MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:14 PM    Msg. 2 of 34       
Wait what. Lockes a bad guy?!

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Wait what. Lockes a bad guy?!

well duh

he's black

blacks make the best bad guys

e:

on another note I am legitimately intrigued by his speech and the implications it brings to the table
Edited by BKTiel on Mar 29, 2015 at 10:17 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 34       
Im confused. in MCC it just said chief was AWOL and locke was to bring him home, maybe locke personally wants to kill chief? not just an ONI order?

BKTiel

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 34       
lol "bring him home"

haven't you ever seen a movie involving any military intelligence whatsoever? They're always out to make everything a clean slate and screw everyone over in the process. It's better for MC to die a hero and martyr than brought home as a reluctant deserter, and ONI realizes that; at least if Locke's monologue is anything to go off of
Edited by BKTiel on Mar 29, 2015 at 10:19 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:21 PM    Msg. 6 of 34       

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:24 PM    Msg. 7 of 34       
WHAT IS GOING ON

BKTiel

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:27 PM    Msg. 8 of 34       
It's an advertising tactic. They want the audience to 'seek the truth' - generate all that hype in pursuit of the real set of events.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:34 PM    Msg. 9 of 34       
Would it be possible that this campaign could be a "choose your own adventure" story? If so, that'd be exciting. I mean, everyone would pick Chief over Locke, but 343 has shown they can do a good Halo story. If they expanded on that, that'd be even crazier! (But doubtful)

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:36 PM    Msg. 10 of 34       
"You've completed your mission Spartan Locke,
Mine... is just begging" >This trailer

"Sir... Finishing this fight" >Halo 2

THIS IS THE CHIEF I WANTED
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Mar 29, 2015 at 10:36 PM

BKTiel

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 10:44 PM    Msg. 11 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Would it be possible that this campaign could be a "choose your own adventure" story? If so, that'd be exciting. I mean, everyone would pick Chief over Locke, but 343 has shown they can do a good Halo story. If they expanded on that, that'd be even crazier! (But doubtful)

I doubt it.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 11:00 PM    Msg. 12 of 34       
It's funny because when H4 came out, some of us joked about how Chief is now responsible for a whole new war and a whole new enemy coming out of the shadows. It's cool that they seem to be placing the blame on him for the rise of the new covenant and promethian forces.

Ifafudafi

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 12:12 AM    Msg. 13 of 34       
IN THE DARKNESS OF SPACE, a new threat arises -- but it is borne not from the fringes of the galaxy, but from a place much closer to home...

It is the year 2XXX. Humanity looks back to the past, back to a world of heroes and villains. But this is the future, and the future is not so simple... after all, what does it mean, to be a heroe? The world wants an icon, a beacon of hope, a symbol of light; but does it really need a heroe? What happens when the heroe becomes indistinguishable from the villain?

All eyes fall on JOHN-117 THE MASTER CHIEF, representing humanity's best and brightest... but do we know the truth? A heroe, after all, is only a few steps away from a villain. The truth is never as simple as that. To find the truth, one has to look past the heroe, into the UNSC Master Chief himself. What does it mean to be JOHN-117? What does it mean to be The Master Chief?

The Master Chief is reeling from the loss of Cortana, his one true love. Long nights inch by as he longs for the touch of her digital finger. Is this what it means to be a heroe? To fight for the freedom of the galaxy, only to lose those about whom you care the most? Nobody really knows the sacrifices a heroe must make. Nobody can understand the horror and the pain.

"But we can make them understand." "Cortana, is that you?," said JOHN-117, clutching at the air. "John, I know how much you've sacrificed," he heard whispered through his Mk. VII O.R.C.A. subspace nanocommunications receptor. It couldn't be...

"They call me a heroe," said The Master Chief, "but I couldn't do anything to save you." The light of the campfire glints off his visor... a passerby might mistake it for a teardrop. "Am I really a heroe? If all my fighting only hurts the ones I love, aren't I really just a villain?" He didn't expect an answer. Master Chief didn't believe in ghosts.

"What does it matter what they think," came the whisper. "I know that the JOHN-117 I loved fought only for freedom and justice." "But they won't understand," said The Master Chief. "We can make them," came the whisper. "We can make them know the meaning of sacrifice. The meaning of what it means to be a heroe."

"You know what to do."

The Master Chief, JOHN-117, got up and shed his cloak. His path was now clear. The world is no longer a world of heroes and villains. It is a battle of grey vs. grey, and in that kind of world, what does it matter who you fight for? There was only one way to show the world what it meant to be a heroe -- and that was to show them what it meant to be a villain...

MatthewDratt

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 12:29 AM    Msg. 14 of 34       
Master Chief looks at Locke. "You brought this on yourself," Chief states to Locke.

Locke gets in position. Ready for defense.

The Chief is in position to win this time. He won't let Locke get the better of him.

Chief dribbles the basket ball around Locke. Locke blocks him! Chief must make the shot now or it's double dribbling! He takes the shot! There's nothing Locke can do but watch his defeat. The ball lands in the hoop.

Chief has won... this round.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Mar 30, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Ifafudafi

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 01:02 AM    Msg. 15 of 34       
UNSC DREADNOUGHT "Bastion of Night"
SHI'LAKA SECTOR
SANGHEILI SPACE

A huge screen looks down upon planet Cain. Below it, pacing back and forth within the glow, is AGENT LOCKE.

"Whatfor troubles the human, Car'seth?," said an Sangheli standing by the door. "I do not know, but I dare suspect it pertains to... him." "Him?" said the Sangheili. "Yes..."

AGENT LOCKE suddenly stops. He banged on the table. "HOW?" How could he have known? That intel was Alphabravo level 9 classified material; only five people in the world even knew it existed. Five people and an AI. An AI who's long since been... No. It couldn't be.

"That's impossible," AGENT LOCKE muttered to himself. "It can't be." They'd sent agents to the wreckage to verify it themselves, and sure enough, it was nothing but a mess of metal scrap. What a waste of technology, the science officer had reported. We could have learned so much, if only things had been handled more... delicatly...

Now AGENT LOCKE was in charge. He wasn't going to let that happen again. But he hadn't expected this. Was it time already? The project isn't finished, but they might not have a choice...

He walked out of the room down to the cryo tubes. To think a heroe could have fallen this far... well, there's only one thing to be done. He types fast into the command console. Steam jets out of the cryo tube. AGENT LOCKE stands back and wipes the steam off his visor. As the figure emerges from the tube, he intones: "It's time. I've got a mission for you."

The Arbiter walks into the bridge and sees the huge screen. He zooms in, curious about what AGENT LOCKE was watching. Nothing so far... but movement to the right. He zooms in some more. Is it really? What is he doing? No... He wouldn't do that. He's a heroe.

But The Arbiter of all people knew how easy it is to be swayed by the path of evil. Perhaps it wasn't so impossible that even JOHN-117 THE MASTER CHIEF could succumb to its dark spell...

SGT Arroyo

golden

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 05:14 AM    Msg. 16 of 34       
The arbiter kills master chief!!!

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 10:36 AM    Msg. 17 of 34       
Everyone is excited about Halo Online, and I'm just sitting here, drooling to the new Halo 5 trailers...

SOI_7

ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 05:06 PM    Msg. 18 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Everyone is excited about Halo Online, and I'm just sitting here, drooling to the new Halo 5 trailers...

I Drool to the fact that our lives are so boring that we prefer to drool on fictional worlds rather than the one we live in.

Nah, if you think real life is boring just look at the stars

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 05:17 PM    Msg. 19 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: snark567

I Drool to the fact that our lives are so boring that we prefer to drool on fictional worlds rather than the one we live in.

Nah, if you think real life is boring just look at the stars

Imagining all the things that may be hidden in there... not just the fact that there are millions of millions of starts and therefore we are not alone but trying to imagine how that would be, all the complex systems and beautiful views... and I can't get there, so yeah, my life is boring, I need games lol

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 07:38 PM    Msg. 20 of 34       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rd8FWUCCZk
There is two sides to every story.

SpartanHex

Release the Kraken!

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 07:50 PM    Msg. 21 of 34       
Possible Spoilers: I think its possible that Chief's new Awakened Geas could be messing with him, he has the essence and mind of the Iso-Didact Bornstellar on his head, if the geas went fully active it could interact with him like cortana could (i mean, it can talk with him), and also it could take control of its body and probably affect its Host mind. Basically Chief could slowly become a new didact, if his mind is weaker ofc.That would explain the possibility of betrayal.
Edited by SpartanHex on Mar 30, 2015 at 07:52 PM

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 09:38 PM    Msg. 22 of 34       
343 has raped halo's storyline with silly tropes and drama

what else is there to discuss

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 11:11 PM    Msg. 23 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

343 has tried to develop Halos trite story into something more complex and fit for a modern high production(at least as far as $ is concerned) value title.
Most stories present so called 'tropes' and 'drama'. They are important tools to convey character and convince viewers/readers/players that the world is alive and dynamic.

Quote: what else is there to discuss

There is clearly much there to discuss.

Now whether they've succeeded in doing so...
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Mar 30, 2015 at 11:12 PM

SGT Arroyo

golden

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 04:40 AM    Msg. 24 of 34       
A grunt killed mastercheif with a single golden bullet.

clonecam117

Now a professional VFX/particle effect artist.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 01:44 PM    Msg. 25 of 34       

Oh dear, they actually put some substance into Bungie's pathetic, bare-bones, stolen-from-novelists storytelling.

Vergil

you're just mad cuz you're angry

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 04:23 PM    Msg. 26 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Both trailers are false, this is what really happened.

http://i.imgur.com/5lYj2Vp.jpg

i can confirm this i made the game and i voiced master chief and i am master chief i did do this

greg079

channeling my inner april fool

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 04:38 PM    Msg. 27 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Both trailers are false, this is what really happened.

http://i.imgur.com/5lYj2Vp.jpg

^standing chief, 343
dying chief, the halo franchise

Bungie LLC

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 08:23 PM    Msg. 28 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
Oh dear, they actually put some substance into Bungie's pathetic, bare-bones, stolen-from-novelists storytelling.

surely you aren't serious

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

also are you just typing out what first pops into your head and trying to sound profound or do you have an actual input on what i said. you can tell a story just fine without all the forced silliness. 343 is trying to hard to add too much detail and tie up loose ends. they're hopelessly trying to "expand" the universe by going back and tacking-on uneccessary developments on things that should just be left well enough alone. also considering with Halo: Bloodline, they're making this universe seem increasingly smaller by having every famous character meet each other, like Palmer and Buck, making EVERYONE a S-IV. all the excessive seriousness and inclusion of fanservice that anyone who's even touched a Halo game could easily pick up on. it's so generic and predictable, but i guess that falls in line with the majority of their target audience anyways. 343's well aware of who's buying their games, and they know exactly how much effort they'd need to put into it, if you get my drift :)

some things are better left unsaid and are best to remain a mystery. not every parameter of every aspect of the halo universes' vast implications has to be fleshed out and defined
Edited by Bungie LLC on Apr 1, 2015 at 08:36 PM

MatthewDratt

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 08:45 PM    Msg. 29 of 34       
blah blah blah halo canon

I only care about the game's stories and imo 343 did a good job wit Halo 4s.

Halo 1 was a great simple story. Nothing wrong with it.
Halo 2 tried to expand the universe in such an odd confusing unneeded way, it just became an utter mess.
Halo 3 tried to clean up Halo 2's mess and did a 7/10 job with it but since Bungie lacks character likeness skills, people start dying but honestly who cares?
ODST was funny.
Reach was the dumbest story Bungie has ever told.
Halo 4 did expand the universe in unneeded ways, but from where Halo 3 left off, they did a pretty good job and I really enjoyed it.

Bungie LLC

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 08:50 PM    Msg. 30 of 34       
i disagree on a couple of points, but it's whatever

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 08:52 PM    Msg. 31 of 34       
also are you just typing out what first pops into your head and trying to sound profound or do you have an actual input on what i said.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Apr 1, 2015 at 08:36 PM

I was simply pointing out that using "Tropes" and "Drama" aren't bad (not to mention you're exaggerating what 343 is doing by saying they "raped" the story).
And that if the franchise is going to be continued (which lets face it M$ is not letting it die until they get every penny out of it) than they are at least trying to take the right turns by developing characters and story to be more 3 dimensional, using these presentational tools you call "silly".

I hope that clears it up for you.

Bungie LLC

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 10:25 PM    Msg. 32 of 34       
yes, it does

"rape," as in an exaggeration for amateurish fan-fiction tier writing and plot development, just to be clear :)

Vergil

you're just mad cuz you're angry

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 02:36 PM    Msg. 33 of 34       
Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117

wow we've totally went full-circle here and are now hating on bungie

\clap/

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 06:22 AM    Msg. 34 of 34       
NEW HALO 5 PREDICTION!

Agent Locke tries to hunt master chief down for noble MLG armour.

Agent Locks dies tho because he is black and all black bad&good guys die in movies and games.
(It's the law of nature for some reason)

Then master chief catches Cortana cheating on him with the arbiter.

> Meanwhile All spartan vIIII's have a mental breakdown and are demoted to transgender class.

> At the same time Didact returns and is like. (Parachute biotches!)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 12:28 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website