A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo: Revolution

Page 1 of 6 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Next
Author Topic: Halo: Revolution (203 messages, Page 1 of 6)
Moderators: Dennis

NeX

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 09:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 203       
Halo: Revolution Project

Hello everyone here at HaloMaps, I am NeX. Crypt told me I should post this here, although I'm not sure if its' worth it given the current state of this community... Anyway I know how much everyone (including me) hates how projects get started and have no progress to show, so I've kept this relatively underground for a while until I thought it was ready to see the light of day.

I have been working on a rather ambitious project for the past year and half or so, and I'd like to share it with you now that it is in the public beta stage.

This project started a long time ago as a simple PC bitmaps.map mod to give some spice to the look of the classic maps. By the time I got close to completing it, I had learned so much more than I knew when I began that I had to start over to fulfill my ideas.

The same thing happened when I finally decided to begin using the HEK and using CE as the format, although I still convert them to PC/MD for those gamers to play as well.

Long story short, this beta is a collection of maps that have been taken from their classic form, visually overhauled, and outfitted with a collection of assets that I have been working on for over a year, both in terms of visual aesthetics as well as performance and balance. "No stone unturned" is my motto for this project, and every aspect of gameplay and graphics has been taken into consideration in the workings of this series.

Since I don't have a modeling bone in my body, I'm forced to work with what models are currently available. However, being an accomplished texture artist, every aspect of anything I've used created by other sources has been heavily customized (excepting a few things I thought were perfect as-is).

These maps all also include (thanks to SAPP 9.0 Beta and some tricksy scripting) fully playable Elite and Flood bipeds (CMT and alTis thanks again). In the servers hosting these maps, a SAPP command has been created (/elite or /spartan) to set yourself to play as either upon the next spawn. The flood biped is meant to be played with the zombies gametype, although survivors may still choose between the elites and spartans (due to zombies mode, the selection would take place on the next game and forward).

Since this is a WIP, a full list of credits will have to wait until the final project is released and I have time to go through everything that actually made it into the project in some form or another to give proper credit where credit is due. However for now, this list will suffice:

Bungie
Microsoft
CMT
Zteam
Daniloc
Mootjuh
PopeAK
alTis
Arteen
bourrin
Tucker933
Sceny
Crypt
DeadHamster
Godlike
Shiro
Hybrid

And to the players who currently help promote and host the maps
Iggy
Blue Iris

I'm sure there are more, and if I've forgotten anyone, sorry about that.

At this point to avoid being long-winded, I'll just post a few screenshots and a link to the development thread and let the project speak for themselves.

Development Thread at OpenCarnage.net

Currently featured on HAC2 as part of the Public Beta Release

Will be included in the final release (date TBD)

bc_carousel_mp

Battle Creek

Danger Canyon

Delta Ruins

Fortress

Gridiron

Ice Fields

Lockout

Midship

Portent

Prisoner

Rat Race

Sanctuary

Snowcast

Tensity

Trench

Valhalla

My Xfire is tofher3, and there are currently several servers up on PC and CE for the maps that are already out:

PC:
74.91.126.92:2410
74.91.126.92:2415
74.91.126.92:2420
CE:
74.91.126.92:2315
74.91.126.92:2320
74.91.126.92:2325

Random note: I've not really released any of the maps containing the final biped, the MP variant of the CMT TSC:E spartan, out of respect for the awesome project they just finished up. Give it some time to shine, even though I like tinkering with stuff on my own. There is a placeholder (poopy) H4 spartan in for right now, which will not be included in the final release.

Obviously everything is a WIP, and subject to change.
Edited by NeX on Apr 1, 2015 at 09:36 PM
Edited by NeX on Apr 1, 2015 at 09:37 PM

MatthewDratt

Mildley unsuccessful

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 09:36 PM    Msg. 2 of 203       
aw yeah a gridiron mod

Black Crypt

Xfire : blackcrypt

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 09:56 PM    Msg. 3 of 203       
Very nice!

Ignore all the naysayers and negativity you might get on these forums ;)

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 09:58 PM    Msg. 4 of 203       
Never used HAC2 before. This will be the reason why I can say I've used it before. Elite biped thing is awesome.

Joined the first CE ip you posted.
Edited by Spiral on Apr 1, 2015 at 09:58 PM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 09:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 203       
Lots of the shaders look really great and the environments are surprisingly refreshing. Good work, although you should throw some OS on the weapons as they look no where near as nice as the environments.

NeX

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 10:05 PM    Msg. 6 of 203       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Lots of the shaders look really great and the environments are surprisingly refreshing. Good work, although you should throw some OS on the weapons as they look no where near as nice as the environments.

I agree. The only reason i havent used OS is because of the lack of users.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 10:11 PM    Msg. 7 of 203       
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX

Now that TSCE is out and everyone is gonna have to jump on the OS bandwagon it might not be a bad time to.

Danger_zone_98

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 10:22 PM    Msg. 8 of 203       
I feel like several textures in Carousel need more details, I don't personally like the moody aspect of Battle Creek and I feel like Gridiron looks too gray as well as some other maps, otherwise I think it's looking good and I really hope you take your time on balancing everything :)

Mokou Price

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 10:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 203       
I think those maps need more weapon for shooting head(?)

Bungie LLC

.pots

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 10:36 PM    Msg. 10 of 203       
BSPs are nice. tags are from what i gather an assortment of different rips and stuff, but i like what you've done with them. seems mildly interesting

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 10:59 PM    Msg. 11 of 203       
I'm have quiet a bit of fun right now. I suggest removing fall dmg. At least for valhalla.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 11:17 PM    Msg. 12 of 203       
I know you're trying to find balance, but the windup-to-kill time seems a little severe.
But yea, Valhalla is a lot of fun
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:18 PM

ericlol

-Banned for violating ToS-

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 11:45 PM    Msg. 13 of 203       
Wait, this is JUST released? I've been playing some revolution maps for a while already...??? I'm confused. The first ever one I got is sanctuary from your team and that was a month ago... I'm super confused here, enlighten meh plez :>

jith

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 12:29 AM    Msg. 14 of 203       
wow nice graphics

Ubermaniac

Bleach. Y'know what I mean?

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 12:55 AM    Msg. 15 of 203       
The red man cannons are a bit gross.

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 01:34 AM    Msg. 16 of 203       
Quote: --- Original message by: monkeyking
Umm.. if you modded this on HO pc it would've shocked the community...

k

CaptainAltheros
-banned for conduct-

@Altehros

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 01:50 AM    Msg. 17 of 203       
This looks very nice. But Chillout's wall unwrap doesn't fit in the textures.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 02:07 AM    Msg. 18 of 203       
I'm willing to donate tags from my Project Dreamweb project if you are interested. This looks great.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 05:30 AM    Msg. 19 of 203       
I'm liking this. A lot. :)

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 05:31 AM    Msg. 20 of 203       
I played some of these before. Maps look pretty okay, I like being able to play as elite. Not sure how I feel about grenade launcher, it's pretty weird.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 06:09 AM    Msg. 21 of 203       
Ah halomaps release threads.

Occasionally you get a few indie type releases. And then low and behold you get one juggernaut blockbuster which peels out your corneas.

I have to say there really aren't enough words to express how visually breathtaking your project is Nex.

raphaelBLOOD WAR

I wipe your maps with your own blood!

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 07:01 AM    Msg. 22 of 203       
Maps are nice still think the plasma rifle could use a better model but oh well.
Edited by raphaelBLOOD WAR on Apr 2, 2015 at 07:33 AM

PRPatxi

Dennis ban me, please,

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 08:11 AM    Msg. 23 of 203       
They look really great and I love the shaders but....

Why is Daniloc credited when all he has released it was stolen from CMT, ASP, Zteam, Gamma and Mooseguy??????????????

I want a competent and logical answer.

unkowndevelopername

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 08:18 AM    Msg. 24 of 203       
Quote: --- Original message by: monkeyking
Umm.. if you modded this on HO pc it would've shocked the community...

So we have the elements of Halo 3/Halo 4, pretty much in the graphics of an anniversary edition (even though it's not quite there yet), the multiplayer maps with a few new ones, the HALO 3 ENGINE, BUT NO CAMPAIGN!Why would we want a completely multiplayer halo game running off the halo 3 engine with no campaign?I hope that the Halo Online part is just a tidbit of this whole game. Maybe they are testing the multiplayer portion of it first, then when it is actually released, they will add Halo 3's campaign?

r3poser

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 08:32 AM    Msg. 25 of 203       
Where can I keep up to date with other stuff?

giraffe

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 08:32 AM    Msg. 26 of 203       
It seems the Halo Freeloaders are already on the attack. If only Dennis stilled care about the community, then he would have definitely stopped them by now.

r3poser

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 08:34 AM    Msg. 27 of 203       
Quote: --- Original message by: raffgie
It seems the Halo Freeloaders are already on the attack. If only Dennis stilled care about the community, then he would have definitely stopped them by now.

Microsoft took down the new update I hope the new one doesnt. ..

Darkzealotx

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 08:40 AM    Msg. 28 of 203       
Can't say I blame him.

giraffe

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 08:42 AM    Msg. 29 of 203       
Quote: --- Original message by: lockeowns

Everyone are hyped up because they we never had halo since 8 years....

Everyone is hyped up because it's free. And by everyone, I mean all the freeloaders except for the Mexicans. They can barely run Halo CE as it is.

TheJohnlex2

ˇForging release!

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 10:36 AM    Msg. 30 of 203       
Nadie a quien le guste estos mapas tiene derecho a decirme "ripper" y criticar mis mapas

GOOGLE:
Anyone who likes these maps have the right to say "ripper" and criticize my maps

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 12:03 PM    Msg. 31 of 203       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Now that TSCE is out and everyone is gonna have to jump on the OS bandwagon it might not be a bad time to.

I think a good amount of people just uninstalled it already to make HAC2 work again.
Would be interesting to see some OS statistics, perhaps by mean of a poll.

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 12:47 PM    Msg. 32 of 203       
halo ce revolution links?

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 01:32 PM    Msg. 33 of 203       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megami Frosty
Shots fired at Dennis

Now you know how I feel about Halomaps' moderation. Dennis can't be bothered to purge all the Halo Online threads and actual problematic people on this site, but he will let the crap that ftsshot, fossy, sshers, Joker, and many others have posted slide. There is no damage controlling this Dennis. You had one job Dennis, just one.

Because if he banned them they'd (he'd?) just make more. No IP ban, etc, is going to change that. Better to leave them up and be able to keep tabs on a handful than have them come back in more force.

giraffe

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 01:36 PM    Msg. 34 of 203       
"Halo Online" should be added to the profanity list.

Juzo

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 02:06 PM    Msg. 35 of 203       
NeX I like your work, really do but one question though, why is Battle Creek a bit gloomy?

Page 1 of 6 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu April 27, 2017 6:55 AM 360 ms.
A Halo Maps Website